X-Box, PS4,or PC

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

snailcrusher #1 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 19:05

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 67 battles

Hi Everyone,

My home computer is not powerful enough to play WOT, so I have been playing it on a PC at a game room.  I also borrowed a neighbors X-Box, hooked it up to my TV, and tried playing it. The X-Box was a disaster.  Couldn't even drive straight.  It seemed that the toggles on the X-Box were too sensitive and the slightest move sent the tank careening. The PC was much easier.  I am considering getting a new PC, so I can play it at home.  However, a new PC is a lot more expensive than a X-Box or a PS4.  I am wondering if the toggles on the X-Box could have been adjusted to be less sensitive.  Has anyone played the game on various game boxes and PCs and noticed a difference?

Thank You

Dockmaster #2 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 19:30

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 42974 battles
  • [ACES] ACES
I think you should go PC. The reason being is you won't always want to play WoT and if your new system is powerful enough you can play and or do almost anything you want.

MiddleAgedNoob #3 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 19:30

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13226 battles
  • [MARV] MARV

View Postsnailcrusher, on Dec 06 2018 - 13:05, said:

Hi Everyone,

My home computer is not powerful enough to play WOT, so I have been playing it on a PC at a game room.  I also borrowed a neighbors X-Box, hooked it up to my TV, and tried playing it. The X-Box was a disaster.  Couldn't even drive straight.  It seemed that the toggles on the X-Box were too sensitive and the slightest move sent the tank careening. The PC was much easier.  I am considering getting a new PC, so I can play it at home.  However, a new PC is a lot more expensive than a X-Box or a PS4.  I am wondering if the toggles on the X-Box could have been adjusted to be less sensitive.  Has anyone played the game on various game boxes and PCs and noticed a difference?

Thank You

Hi Snailcrusher (nice name btw)

You would probably have better luck asking these questions on the console forum:  http://forum-console...ewcomers-forum/

Also, if you have a half way decent graphic card, you can play WoT PC with a fairly basic computer.  I play on a 10 year old i3, but did buy a GT1030 for it (a budget NVIDIA card) and WoT plays just fine.

GLHF

dunniteowl #4 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 20:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 23534 battles

You can play on a potato, which means you can get an older used PC that isn't very expensive.  I'm using a gifted laptop made in 2010.  It gets about 8 frames per second, but you don't have to go so 'low-ball' effort to get something respectable enough to play on medium or better settings to play.

PC is the way to go, man.  Don't be fooled by that whole "The PC Is Dead" phrase.  I've been hearing that since 1994, when my first PC was already 7 years old.

OvO

Devildog8 #5 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 20:17

Major

• Players
  • 10480 battles
  • [XILES] XILES

Actually PC gaming is on the rise, so much everyone is getting in on the money with custom builds, even WalMart has their own custom gaming computer, god help us all.

https://www.tomshard...ptop,37998.html

Grugbug #6 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 20:32

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23920 battles
Go with a PC, there are literally thousands of free games on the PC. You can also emulate a lot of classic arcade/ console games.

the_Deadly_Bulb #7 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 20:52

Major

• Players
  • 23073 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postsnailcrusher, on Dec 06 2018 - 10:05, said:

Hi Everyone,

Thank You

View PostMiddleAgedNoob, on Dec 06 2018 - 10:30, said:

Hi Snailcrusher (nice name btw)

You would probably have better luck asking these questions on the console forum:  http://forum-console...ewcomers-forum/

Also, if you have a half way decent graphic card, you can play WoT PC with a fairly basic computer.  I play on a 10 year old i3, but did buy a GT1030 for it (a budget NVIDIA card) and WoT plays just fine.

GLHF

OP, a new PC will cost more than a console, however a new graphics card likely will not.

An MSI GTX 1050 ti OC will set you back less than $250 US and will allow an older PC to run the game @ 70 FPS on Ultra.

All you need is a PCIe 3.0 slot and your off to the races.

Its a 15 minute upgrade. :honoring:

Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, Dec 06 2018 - 20:52.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users