Sheriff's Posse Applications for Hunt the Sheriff Weekend (Dec. 14th-16th)

• Please log in to reply
561 replies to this topic

goodfunman #541 Posted Dec 15 2018 - 19:17

Sergeant

• Players
  • 55172 battles
  • [THFT] THFT
So far seems not many must be playing with the special event plus is schedule accurate.

Edited by goodfunman, Dec 15 2018 - 19:59.

hilarion_leonardo #542 Posted Dec 16 2018 - 02:36

Private

• -Players-
  • 3110 battles
  • [-CLU-] -CLU-

yo quiero unirme por que quiero que otros jugadores ganen oro

crpunk200 #543 Posted Dec 16 2018 - 04:46

Private

• Players
  • 10059 battles
  • [T_K_M] T_K_M

Im Game

DuckandCover77 #544 Posted Dec 16 2018 - 05:53

Private

• -Players-
  • 7482 battles

I can be on all day Sunday the 16th after 11AM CST

Can do mid tier or step up and run run run on higher tiers 

siraidan #545 Posted Dec 16 2018 - 06:09

Private

• -Players-
  • 4819 battles

Sherrif?

Rotarywhiz #546 Posted Dec 17 2018 - 03:24

Private

• -Players-
  • 39393 battles
I would like to be a sheriff because I have been playing wot for the past 4 years and also play and stream at least 5 days a week. 

WhineMaker #547 Posted Dec 17 2018 - 07:32

Major

• Players
  • 38569 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

This was a fun event being a sheriff. The focus was REAL. Most times, as soon as I was spotted, the red team's YOLO rushes were hilarious. Crashing into each other, and battling to get the final shot. I wish I could keep track of the team damage done to themselves.

Battles played: 121

Destroyed: 80 times, Only twice by arty, so I have ZERO sympathy for the anti arty whine club's claims myths.

Survived: 41 times

Gold given away: 20,000

Most played: SU-130PM

Favorite: Pz V/IV

Least favorite: JagZilla 

Gold earned: 250 Torched an unspotted Type 5 sheriff

This event was REAL!!!

This event was FUN!!!

The event was REAL FUN!!!

Almost forgot, a new grand battle map is in the rotation, Hinterberg. There's a good amount of cover in the town, in the middle of the map. With plenty of hills to use and abuse, with tanks that have the higher amounts of gun depression.

Sign me up if the opportunity arises to be a sheriff again!!!

RingZero #548 Posted Dec 17 2018 - 11:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 21365 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

Cabbage: 

I just wanted to thank you for the chance to help on for this last event.  It was a lot of fun and I did sometimes forget to yolo into open spaces to give the enemy a chance to kill me (apologies!!)

From SheriffNAC31, congratulations to everyone who was able to kill me!

iAmEbola #549 Posted Dec 17 2018 - 15:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 12477 battles

View PostWhineMaker, on Dec 17 2018 - 00:32, said:

Only twice by arty, so I have ZERO sympathy for the anti arty whine club's claims myths.

If you won more than you lose...

You are not a threat to the other team.  Therefore, you are not targeted. 

Glad you enjoyed your experience at least.  Unfortunately I was too late signing up.

__WarChild__ #550 Posted Dec 17 2018 - 15:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 33353 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostiAmEbola, on Dec 17 2018 - 08:02, said:

Glad you enjoyed your experience at least.  Unfortunately I was too late signing up.

Maybe it's just your name that scares people.  Personally, I don't want to have anything to do with Ebola...  :ohmy:

iAmEbola #551 Posted Dec 17 2018 - 15:53

Major

• -Players-
  • 12477 battles

View Post__WarChild__, on Dec 17 2018 - 08:30, said:

Maybe it's just your name that scares people.  Personally, I don't want to have anything to do with Ebola...  :ohmy:

Well, when one finds out the reasoning behind the name they are usually less scared.  I've been TK'd before for using this name.  I don't care.  It does what it is supposed to do.

__WarChild__ #552 Posted Dec 17 2018 - 15:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 33353 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostiAmEbola, on Dec 17 2018 - 08:53, said:

Well, when one finds out the reasoning behind the name they are usually less scared.  I've been TK'd before for using this name.  I don't care.  It does what it is supposed to do.

Bro, I'm totally teasing.  I love your name.  :girl:

24cups #553 Posted Dec 17 2018 - 15:56

Major

• Players
  • 24596 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Hey Whinemaker,

That was my favorite tank too. Now I know why they won't sell it again. It's a little beast !

iAmEbola #554 Posted Dec 17 2018 - 16:01

Major

• -Players-
  • 12477 battles

View Post__WarChild__, on Dec 17 2018 - 08:54, said:

Bro, I'm totally teasing.  I love your name.  :girl:

:trollface: I figured you were.  My response was more for others that read your response not knowing you were teasing.

WhineMaker #555 Posted Dec 17 2018 - 17:30

Major

• Players
  • 38569 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostiAmEbola, on Dec 17 2018 - 06:02, said:

If you won more than you lose...

You are not a threat to the other team.  Therefore, you are not targeted. 

The red reticle that shows next to the sheriff's name on the player list says, otherwise.

Once spotted, the arty rain was constant. Being an arty main on this account, I know quite a few arty safe locations on the maps, and used them wisely. Only being destroyed twice by arty, in 121 battles, easily debunks the anti arty whine clubs claims of constantly being destroyed by arty. I'm far from the best in any tank, and if I can avoid the arty, anyone can.  

iAmEbola #556 Posted Dec 17 2018 - 17:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 12477 battles

View PostWhineMaker, on Dec 17 2018 - 10:30, said:

The red reticle that shows next to the sheriff's name on the player list says, otherwise.

Once spotted, the arty rain was constant. Being an arty main on this account, I know quite a few arty safe locations on the maps, and used them wisely. Only being destroyed twice by arty, in 121 battles, easily debunks the anti arty whine clubs claims of constantly being destroyed by arty. I'm far from the best in any tank, and if I can avoid the arty, anyone can. 

Comparing the sheriffs account to your main.  Priceless.

You completely missed the point.  And no, it debunks absolutely nothing.  Being arty safe will not get you wins, it does however lower the risk of one from getting killed by arty.  Anyone can avoid arty by being arty safe.  That's like...WELL NO SH-T, Sherlock.  Do you have any other pearls of wisdom?  

Good grief.

In order to win, you have to be aggressive.  Being aggressive naturally exposes one to being spotted more frequently than someone being arty safe.  Therefore in order to secure wins, one has to risk having arty focus you.  I'm very sure that once you were spotted, it was late game (as you were arty safe) and you were one of the last survivors on your team, therefore killed by non-arty aggressive players.  

Try not humping rocks and buildings all game and get out there to attempt to win once in a while.  Until then, you have no idea what you are talking about.  

Edited by iAmEbola, Dec 17 2018 - 17:54.

WhineMaker #557 Posted Dec 17 2018 - 18:04

Major

• Players
  • 38569 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostiAmEbola, on Dec 17 2018 - 08:52, said:

Comparing the sheriffs account to your main.  Priceless.

You completely missed the point.  And no, it debunks absolutely nothing.  Being arty safe will not get you wins, it does however prevent one from getting killed by arty.  Anyone can avoid arty by being arty safe.  That's like...WELL NO SH-T, Sherlock.  Do you have any other pearls of wisdom?  

Good grief.

In order to win, you have to be aggressive.  Being aggressive naturally exposes one to being spotted more frequently than someone being arty safe.  Therefore in order to secure wins, one has to risk having arty focus you.  I'm very sure that once you were spotted, it was late game (as you were arty safe) and you were one of the last survivors on your team.  

Try not humping rocks and buildings all game and get out there to attempt to win once in a while.  Until then, you have no idea what you are talking about.  

I could care less about winning in a video game. I have better things to worry about in my life. Unfortunately for you, at least, I play for fun and entertainment purposes only. For me, this isn't a job and being a sheriff wasn't about getting wins, it was about sharing back with the community. I know, you're a WoT pro, at least in your own mind, and theoretically "know it all". Then you refuse to learn a basic tactic. When you learn to be arty safe, then you may have become a "good" player... :facepalm:

But please, continue with your anti arty rants. They are almost as entertaining as playing WoT... :great: 

Looking at WoT Labs, my sheriff's account(SheriffNAC48) has a good, 4% higher win rate than your main... :ohmy:

Oh the horror of being arty safe and winning. Such a simple concept to understand. As I've said 100's of times, WoT Blitz is arty free, all the time, just for players like you.. :great:

iAmEbola #558 Posted Dec 17 2018 - 18:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 12477 battles

What did I say that was an arty rant?  OMG, you are hilarious...I've never said or considered myself a WoT Pro...go read my thread if you think I'm lying.  I am confident in my knowledge of the game mechanics.  There are things I know I don't know...I'll freely admit that and when I'm wrong.  I have no ego to bruise like that.  

I just pointed out the facts of how arty works.  

I have never agreed with that mantra of being a good player and being arty safe.  I think it is stupid and unrealistic.  There are ways to mitigate while continuing to be agressive, but you wouldn't understand that. 

So, you played your Sheriffs account to simply give away gold?  Interesting.  

So, you are a play4fun type?  Ok.  Tells me you have barely any concept of the game mechanics nor do you care to learn them.

When I do anything...anything, I do it to the best of my ability; and if there is a chance that I can improve (yes, even in a video game) then I do what I can to be better than I was before.  You imply that is a bad mindset to have. Why?  Why is it so bad to not exclude anything in that mindset?  Being a good husband, being a good friend, being a good father, being a good video gamer.  Keeps me consistent and always improving.  

Block Quote

Oh the horror of being arty safe and winning. Such a simple concept to understand.

Only...you fail miserably because you simply don't win even being arty safe. *shrugs*  Keep fooling yourself.  Tank on. 

Edited by iAmEbola, Dec 17 2018 - 18:36.

DaBloodyBaron #559 Posted Dec 17 2018 - 19:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 59262 battles
  • [RDDTV] RDDTV
Hey CabbageMechanic (and other WG support staff),

THANK YOU!

For the opportunity to help in this event. It was a ton-o-fun and a unique experience that I'll long remember.
I hope the data is favorable and that WG can expand on this idea, perhaps work running as a Sheriff into the rewards system somehow? It definitely generated a lot of interest and tank discussions, advice, etc, among my clan mates and friends in the game and boosted enthusiasm and excitement about playing to a new level. As a community coordinator, I'd say your efforts (and that of others) regarding this event were an outstanding success!

For the benefit of others, here are my results:
Battles: 186
Survive %: 22.04%    (Was 27% at Friday end, then tanked hard the last 2 days)
Deaths: 145
Self-Inflicted Deaths: 2    (jumped off stairs too fast on the SE corner of Province, and backed off hill too recklessly on the SE perch, again on Province)
# of Payouts: 143
143 x 250 = 35,750 gold paid out

Of the tanks I got to play that I don't have on my main account:
Most surprising/enjoyable: 121
Most frustrating: Churchill GC    Didn't know better, got talked into it by a "trolly" clanmate.  (I'm lobbying to have him kicked, asap.......jk)

Spent roughly 36 hours in game between 7pm Fri and midnight Sunday.
1st day I watched to the end of most battles and msgd players that killed me post-battle. Could have played more battles had I not done so. Although, I suspect if I were a bit more organized, I could have jumped into new battles and msg players from previous battles using the notifications log.

Also, if I were to do this again, I'd have my tanks prepped well ahead of time to keep the game flowing and minimize the time spent re-arranging consumables and equip and camo selection.
A few games, I made incredibly stupid early aggressive plays that basically threw away any challenge for the enemy. But most games, I had to consciously yolo to give the enemy a shot at the bounty. That is counter-intuitive and took me a few games to re-adjust my mindset.

At any rate, congrats to all of you that killed SheriffNAC13 and Thanks to WG for the unique experience. (One which I'll happily repeat if needed/desired)

Side note: Definitely need to work on my streaming skills. (More commentary, better camera control, etc.)

Edited by DaBloodyBaron, Dec 17 2018 - 19:08.

Defcon_911 #560 Posted Dec 17 2018 - 19:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 17674 battles

I was playing some each this day weekend during the specific tier times and never saw a sheriff. The only way to see a sheriff was to watch a streamer play. Nice try but I would say it was a big failure. Of course, maybe that was the intent of WG not to payout much gold for this event.

Maybe a better way to do this is to put the option in the client for people to check if they want to be a Sheriff using their own account. Nothing special is needed but for WG to configure the servers for that weekend. I wouldn't care if I was using my account for a few battles here and there. Just a thought, maybe it would be difficult to implement.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users