• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Mr_dwarfman #1 Posted Yesterday, 03:39 AM

Private

• -Players-
  • 7302 battles
  • [FISH-] FISH-

A couple ideas for the next couple of updates:

1. Rework maps so that they are all unique. I.e stop having a hill, field, and heavy tank ally in all of the maps. Don't get me wrong, the maps we have now are all pretty different, its just that they feel like the same ideas used over and over again. Make the maps unique in their respective ways, like in color scheme. I realized that every map we have are so similar that it is very difficult to describe a specific map to someone. Some map ideas are: a map of Tokyo, a map of New York, a map of Paschendale, a map of maginot line, a map of Kursk, a map of Yellowknife (half tundra, half city). 

2. Manipulate the matchmaking to fit the tanks to their maps. You could make it so that it is very unlikely to get something like a UDES 03 in a purely indoor map, or get something like a MAUS in a map that is purely fields. This would also help with the arty problem, because there is several maps that they just don't get to contribute on. 

3. Speaking of artillery, a possible fix to that whole situation would be to remove the live action birds eye view and replace it with an enlarged and more detailed topographical map. Whenever they switch to arty mode, it brings up the map with the same friendly tanks and enemy tank markers that are on the mini map now. Ideally, this would make it much more difficult for artilleries to hit their targets, especially when you combo this with a general Nerf of accuracy. This would let you give artilleries a boost in damage and blast radius, to keep them usable. This system would reward the players who know where all the bushes and cover rocks are, and would greatly reward any team who communicates well. This would also keep stun reasonable, because it would be hard to actually get a direct hit and inflict a 20s stun on someone (which are the worst). 

4 - Buff the AMX ELC BIS! This tank got nerfed into oblivion. It is one of my favorite tanks, and I am currently working to get my 2nd stripe on it (84.53% is as close as I have ever gotten). What i would like to see is a reduction in the reload speed, and maybe a boost in aim time and accuracy. I find that the reload time on this tank makes you really have to cherish every shot, so it really feels bad when a fully aimed shot goes between the gun and hull of an enemy tank. I really like what it's camo rating and mobility are like right now, but a buff in those wouldn't hurt. What I really don't like is how little HP it has. It makes it very hard to active scout, and in combination with the long reload time it means that this tank cannot stand up against any other tank in a duel, even at lower tiers (All of this assuming it has the top gun, which is the most fun IMO). This buff would also make sense considering the new french wheeled light tanks coming out. 

5 - Reduce the Armour thickness on the LT-432, it is a pain in the [edited]to deal with because it already goes so fast. 

6 - I'm thinking it would be a good idea to reduce the turret traverse speed or the turret traverse for the SU-130PM because I feel like it is just a direct upgrade for the Skorpion G, which is already a very good tank. 

These are just some ideas I have for the game, please feel free to make any corrections if I have made a mistake. I think Wargaming have done a great job on the game thus far, but it's not perfect. 

_1204_ #2 Posted Yesterday, 03:48 AM

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 749 battles
  1. Sure. To add on, I think it would be cool if all maps were randomized. Throw a few bushes and rocks in, change the slopes... unicums wouldnt have their unicum spots every game and it would make the game more dynamic
  2. It's a no every time. If every tank only gets MM to its strength, then there will be no weaknesses. I'd love to shred mice on the open maps, even if it means they eat me on urban
  3. Dont think there is a correct way to fix arty. Good ideas though!
  4. Ehh, dont play it so I cant form a valid opinion. Seems like it's still a great tank though, just not broken
  5. Yeah, it's a light tank. Sure it's short but the armor is too troll
  6. No. They are similar, but not a direct upgrade. Skorp has a speed and full turret advantage

leeuniverse #3 Posted Yesterday, 04:07 AM

Major

• Players
  • 35497 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

Instead of talking about "Nerfing" tanks, you should instead be talking about BUFFING all the crap tanks of the game.

The LT is no big deal if you're playing a halfway decent tank and of course have some skill.

There are tanks that are better than it, so that's just the nature of the game, somebody has to be "best".

Of course, like I said it wouldn't be as big of a deal if most tanks of the game weren't crap.

So, you all should learn to focus on fixing crap, instead of making the ENTIRE game crap.

Plus, the LT has difficulty doing it's allotment playing against T9's and T10's.

One other thing, the tank IS NOT "op"....  I know this for a fact because you do just 1400 Damage and you're a UNICORN already.

That's equivalent to other light tanks of the game, actually worse when it concerns the higher tiers.

ACTUAL "good" tanks, it's massively hard to get a good WN8 because more people are doing good in the tank, that clearly makes the tank NOT "op".

An example of my point is the old Waffle...  It was massively hard to get a good WN8 out of the tank, and this was because more people could make it perform due to its wonderful gun.

I find it more funny that you're talking about buffing the ELC while complaining about the LT...  While I do agree, in its old state it was actually the BEST WN8 tank of the game, because it was so crappy/hard to play and it was at lower tier where more bad players are it would give halfway decent players a good WN8.

So, try again.

Lesser_Spotted_Panzer #4 Posted Yesterday, 04:29 AM

Major

• Players
  • 77719 battles
I played the ELC bis the other day to get xp for the new line. OMG was it OP. I 3 marked it in about 5 games.

n4cer67 #5 Posted Yesterday, 06:37 AM

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 17170 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP
Nothing wrong with Arty, your suggestions regarding them are horrible. Also Arty doesn't have the laser precision accuracy that the nerfers claim it has. Current bird's eye and aiming system is perfectly fine. Players need to just enjoy the game and let each other play the classes they want without poor sports constantly calling for nerfs. Players are going to have good games and bad games because they can't always be winners and as soon as they learn that and some sportsmanship the games will be better.

WoT dev...

Remember this is a business Model, not a democracy, despite what players whine about over 90% of the database owns artillery  at low to mid tiers and 83% owns an end-tier piece, this is contrary to the actual statistics of “arty sucks” and hear, these  little krayfish dont even know what they want, all they want is win, win, win, and when they dont win they blame anything that  can be accounted for, once we Nerf artillery, Tank Destroyers will come, they are blind and only see what they have the most  immediate benefit of their wins, and then we will have a Tank Destroyer problem – too strong to be maintained in check!

Edited by n4cer67, Yesterday, 08:37 AM.

jikemenkins #6 Posted Yesterday, 09:07 PM

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4666 battles

I'd like to suggest an option for a graphically simplified garage. This simplified garage should have 2 options. Option 1 would maintain full render, as per your current graphics settings, of the tank you are looking at but EVERYTHING else should just be a non-rendered background, or what ever would present minimum load to graphics hardware.  The 2nd option would go even further to reduce load on graphics hardware!

Please consider my suggestion.

Thank you WG.

jikemenkins #7 Posted Today, 04:55 AM

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4666 battles

suggestion,

A way to easily and quickly tell which crew members have "zero-skill" BiA

Mr_dwarfman #8 Posted Today, 06:48 AM

Private

• -Players-
  • 7302 battles
  • [FISH-] FISH-

View Post_1204_, on Dec 09 2018 - 03:48, said:

1. Sure. To add on, I think it would be cool if all maps were randomized. Throw a few bushes and rocks in, change the slopes... unicums wouldnt have their unicum spots every game and it would make the game more dynamic
  2. It's a no every time. If every tank only gets MM to its strength, then there will be no weaknesses. I'd love to shred mice on the open maps, even if it means they eat me on urban
  3. Dont think there is a correct way to fix arty. Good ideas though!
  4. Ehh, dont play it so I cant form a valid opinion. Seems like it's still a great tank though, just not broken
  5. Yeah, it's a light tank. Sure it's short but the armor is too troll
  6. No. They are similar, but not a direct upgrade. Skorp has a speed and full turret advantage

1. I really like the idea of randomized or semi randomized obstacles. It would make the maps much more interesting. 

2. I see where you are coming from. A kranvagn in a map that is nothing but hull down positions would be a nightmare for the enemy team. What I'm saying is you have the majority of the maps played by a certain tank favor the tank, be a good map for that tank. You would still face +1/+2 MM, it's just you get a good map. You wouldn't get good maps all the time, that would be next to impossible. 

3. Thank you :) I agree, arty can't be fixed in one fell swoop. I think the idea would help a lot, though. 

4. Reflecting a bit more, I realize that the tank is pretty powerful as is. It is just very hard to play well. I still think it should get a boost in HP, as it is very squishy. 

5. Agreed. I'm not talking a lot, I'm talking about 2-3 MM. Really the reason I mentioned this tank at all is because I once had to face one in a position where only it's turret was exposed and my UDES 03 couldn't pen him. 

6. I kind of regret making this comment, I haven't played up against this tank enough to have a valid opinion. It was the old "seems op pls nerf" feeling. I have had poor experiences with the skorp g, so any tank that has higher alpha, better camo and was visually similar in addition to being repeatedly compared to the skorp g made it seem like a direct upgrade. 

ImaKillYou #9 Posted Today, 07:12 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 27230 battles
  • [-GENT] -GENT

View Postjikemenkins, on Dec 09 2018 - 13:07, said:

I'd like to suggest an option for a graphically simplified garage. This simplified garage should have 2 options. Option 1 would maintain full render, as per your current graphics settings, of the tank you are looking at but EVERYTHING else should just be a non-rendered background, or what ever would present minimum load to graphics hardware.  The 2nd option would go even further to reduce load on graphics hardware!

Please consider my suggestion.

Thank you WG.

Or, you could update your potato.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users