Churchill VII Black Prince Free XP

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

FedericoWR #1 Posted Yesterday, 04:18 AM

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 11466 battles
  • [DREAM] DREAM

Hi, I wanted to ask for recommendations to those who went through the torture of the British heavy tanks line, I am currently with the Churchill VII and dang is really painful. anyway I have 40k free XP to unlock Black Prince.

The question is: Should I use the free XP to unlock the Black Prince right now or continue the torture, unlock the Black Prince and use the Free XP to unlock some modules of the Black Prince?

Thanks.

SporkBoy #2 Posted Yesterday, 04:31 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 38468 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
Save it for something special. Like upgrading the Painful Prince.

Prediator #3 Posted Yesterday, 04:32 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 26553 battles
I generally horde my free exp for tier 9 or 8 guns/tracks to make the grinds less painful... That or getting up to tier 5 to start a tech tree.. but I used free exp to go straight through to the canveron.. because it was just such a horrible grind tier 5-7... no one should be forced to play the chuchhill line.  But the tier 8-10 are amazing!!

Flaming_Manatees #4 Posted Yesterday, 04:38 AM

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13710 battles

I'm on the churchill VII right now...why they decided to make this thing so ridiculously slow is beyond me. It's the first tank I've ever used engine oil for and it still crawls like a snail. 

I'm just gonna grind through it though. I hear the black prince isn't much better so yeah.

4TheBox #5 Posted Yesterday, 04:53 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27769 battles

BP is more painful. With a little bit of gold ammo, I actually enjoyed Churchill VII.

Even gold ammo is useless on BP.

Sam_Sanister #6 Posted Yesterday, 04:56 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 26053 battles
  • [NICO] NICO
As much as I like the Churchill I-VII, I despise the Black Prince

While I did play through both I/VII years ago (before Jap HTs, even), I still sometimes take them out for a spin.
(like this somewhat recent Churchill I replay in 1.0.2 http://wotreplays.eu/site/4501707#overlord-sam_sanister-churchill_i)
It's weird how even though I enjoyed the (first two) Churchills as a bad player, I still enjoy them as a decent-to-okayish player.

gpc_4 #7 Posted Yesterday, 05:06 AM

Major

• -Players-
  • 40073 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
Just tough it out. Play tanks, free XP modules. 

Seditious #8 Posted Yesterday, 05:09 AM

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 199 battles

If you can afford it, and I'm a big fan of budgeting, then free xp anything that says Churchill.

The Caern is not super joyful either.

FedericoWR #9 Posted Yesterday, 05:25 AM

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 11466 battles
  • [DREAM] DREAM
for everything I read is a little demotivating, I guess I'll try to continue with the torture and use the free XP in another tank. the truth is I'm not a fan of Free XP tanks because of the experience that the crew loses but this line is a torture. This line makes me wonder if it really is worth the S. Conqueror?

RBSPWAW #10 Posted Yesterday, 05:39 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 28175 battles
  • [SPWAW] SPWAW
Conq and S Conq are really nice.  You’ll forget about the 8 prior tiers when you finally get there.
I wouldn’t waste free exp on moving up to the BP because you’re going to have more of the same with that POS.  You’ll feel like you threw your free exp away.  
Just grin and bear it. It’s worth it.  

TheMexicanPunisher #11 Posted Yesterday, 05:43 AM

Private

• -Players-
  • 9023 battles
  • [____] ____
I really liked the churchill 1, but I'm free xping this damn thing.

dominator_98 #12 Posted Yesterday, 06:07 AM

Major

• -Players-
  • 20477 battles

View PostFedericoWR, on Dec 08 2018 - 22:25, said:

for everything I read is a little demotivating, I guess I'll try to continue with the torture and use the free XP in another tank. the truth is I'm not a fan of Free XP tanks because of the experience that the crew loses but this line is a torture. This line makes me wonder if it really is worth the S. Conqueror?

View PostRBSPWAW, on Dec 08 2018 - 22:39, said:

Conq and S Conq are really nice. You’ll forget about the 8 prior tiers when you finally get there.
I wouldn’t waste free exp on moving up to the BP because you’re going to have more of the same with that POS. You’ll feel like you threw your free exp away.
Just grin and bear it. It’s worth it.

^^. The Super Conq is the best tier 10 in the game. It's got kick-[edited] gun handling, DPM, turret armor, gun depression, can sidedscrape, the list goes on. It's one of about five tanks I actually enjoy playing in pubs anymore. I skipped the Churchill and BP both, but if you've only got 40k to spend, use it on modules since the BP is considered worse than the Churchill. 

Side note for future reference, the tier 8-9 are both absolute poop when stock, but both become quite good with the top gun IMO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users