Remove Battle Share From Tournaments

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

BlazeZero #1 Posted Dec 09 2018 - 05:43

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 32129 battles
  • [WOAH7] WOAH7

So I had a chance to talk with Dance210 and Yoott last night, reminiscing of old times and rage sessions. I mentioned some of the things happening to tournaments today and Dance reminded me of her version of the battle shares system. At first I couldn't remember her putting something so mind numbingly stupid into tournaments back then but it eventually did come back to me. During one of the March Mapness tournaments she either decided to or was forced to institute a minimum number of battles played in order to qualify your account for your team's rewards. We couldn't remember exactly how many it was but it was fairly low. Basically show that you're there for a couple battles and you're good.

Jambo if you're going to insist on having this [edited][edited]retarded god awful and utterly unneeded shares system, at least do it in a way that doesn't screw over the players. For a round robin tournament of say 6 battles, have the minimum battles needed to qualify be like 2. We have enough to worry about playing these jokes you call tournaments to have to deal with this ill conceived and ultimately consumer unfriendly system.

WhineMaker #2 Posted Dec 09 2018 - 05:55

Major

• Players
  • 35718 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

Why sign up for tournaments if your not planning to play them?

This suggestion sounds like the early CW campaigns. Where the alts want the rewards, and not have to play many games. I remember the 5 battle minimum for a reward tank. What a joke that was... :facepalm: 

Hellsfog #3 Posted Dec 09 2018 - 06:04

Major

• Players
  • 36071 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostWhineMaker, on Dec 08 2018 - 23:55, said:

This suggestion sounds like the early CW campaigns. Where the alts want the rewards, and not have to play many games. I remember the 5 battle minimum for a reward tank. What a joke that was... :facepalm: 

As is typical, you post from ignorance. The problem is tech victories don't count as battles. So players who did show up and were ready to play receive reduced rewards.

BlazeZero #4 Posted Dec 09 2018 - 07:06

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 32129 battles
  • [WOAH7] WOAH7

View PostWhineMaker, on Dec 08 2018 - 23:55, said:

People who don't play battles themselves are hampered in their rewards despite taking the same time out of their day and silver/gold amounts paid to get everything ready. Even if the teams manage to rotate people in and out for battles you're not guaranteed to win every fight. So player points need to be managed on top of team points in the tournament. Even if you do manage to win out generally there aren't enough battles in these tournaments to get everyone an equal share. Its a terrible solution to a non-existent problem. :facepalm:

That and the rewards page obfuscates the reality of the rewards for these tournaments. When we see a 6v6 tournament that says it pays out 8k gold for first place you would think everyone gets 8k right? Wrong. If you have only 6 players the max any one player will receive is 1,334 gold. If you have more than 6 players this brings the battle share system into the equation and lowers everyone's rewards even further due to a larger pool of players. As I said earlier, it also causes certain players rewards to be even more lessened due to an unequal amount of points being available to be won. At the end of the day this is not fair to anyone who took time out of their day to compete in these tournaments.

Canadian_Mano #5 Posted Dec 09 2018 - 15:17

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 33101 battles
  • [WOAH7] WOAH7

View PostBlazeZero, on Dec 09 2018 - 00:43, said:

So I had a chance to talk with Dance210 and Yoott last night, reminiscing of old times and rage sessions. I mentioned some of the things happening to tournaments today and Dance reminded me of her version of the battle shares system. At first I couldn't remember her putting something so mind numbingly stupid into tournaments back then but it eventually did come back to me. During one of the March Mapness tournaments she either decided to or was forced to institute a minimum number of battles played in order to qualify your account for your team's rewards. We couldn't remember exactly how many it was but it was fairly low. Basically show that you're there for a couple battles and you're good.

Jambo if you're going to insist on having this [edited][edited]retarded god awful and utterly unneeded shares system, at least do it in a way that doesn't screw over the players. For a round robin tournament of say 6 battles, have the minimum battles needed to qualify be like 2. We have enough to worry about playing these jokes you call tournaments to have to deal with this ill conceived and ultimately consumer unfriendly system.

When'd you talk to yoott, what is this, did you tell him hi for me? WHERE IS THE LEMMING MAFIA

Also tagged with Remove, Battle, Share, From, Tournaments

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users