Jump to content


Sunday Dec. 9th 3v3 tier 7 tournament broken?


7 replies to this topic

Sortek #1 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 00:48

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 18144 battles
  • 13
  • [FIXX] FIXX
  • Member since:
    09-06-2016

Anyone else not getting special battle pop after running 3 matches?  it's groups of 5, we fought 3 other teams and are now waiting to fight the 4th team.. no special battle menu is popped.

No brackets on the website so we can confirm or see standings.   Anyone else?



poison50 #2 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 00:56

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 42234 battles
  • 11
  • Member since:
    03-09-2012

ya , ita all bagged up again, figures

 



Sortek #3 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 01:01

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 18144 battles
  • 13
  • [FIXX] FIXX
  • Member since:
    09-06-2016
It finally popped the 4th battle after 50 minutes.  wow.

J3Tears #4 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 01:11

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 4172 battles
  • 165
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY
  • Member since:
    03-08-2018
You sure its not a by?  In Tier 10 we fight Round 3 and There is No round 4 because its a odd amount of teams so there is a By. Then after a amount of time round 5 pops up.

MAVERICK7791 #5 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 01:32

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 5462 battles
  • 2
  • [SON5] SON5
  • Member since:
    02-20-2016
we have been waiting over 30 min for our next round and nothing has popped up yet

PDXDOCKSIDE #6 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 01:42

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 55652 battles
  • 73
  • [-SCZ-] -SCZ-
  • Member since:
    02-06-2012
3v3 sunday toons - challenger
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
-Team - otter https://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/1000000846/team/1000441475/
-3v3 sunday toons -challenger
-12/9/2018
now its a hour later ……..3:02pm and special battles popped up round 3...…….you seriously think everyone stayed ……

now its 3:30pm special battels popped up round 4

we only have 2 players,,,,,,,and the scheduale doesn't show the bracket or who our opponent is

 

3:50pm so we lost round 4 due to being short players...…..

--- waiting for special battles to pop.....round 5...……..

has been over 10 minutes still no special battle...……

4:00pm special battles popped up round 5...……

how are we supposed to know if we play or not …...how many rounds do we play?
am i to assume round 2 was a buy or tech victory?

2:00pm round 1 =played won

round 2 = unknown

3:00pm round 3 = played won

3:30pm round 4 = lost

4:13pm round 5 = lost
4:30pm...…………………….

started the tourney , won the 1st round 2-0...…….waited for special battles to pop up...………...IT NEVER DID...….nothing what s ever


TheDerpinator9000 #7 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 02:35

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 17382 battles
  • 283
  • [L-O-K] L-O-K
  • Member since:
    10-24-2014

View PostPDXDOCKSIDE, on Dec 09 2018 - 19:42, said:

3v3 sunday toons - challenger
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
-Team - otter
https://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/1000000846/team/1000441475/
-3v3 sunday toons -challenger
-12/9/2018
now its a hour later ……..3:02pm and special battles popped up round 3...…….you seriously think everyone stayed ……

now its 3:30pm special battels popped up round 4

we only have 2 players,,,,,,,and the scheduale doesn't show the bracket or who our opponent is

 

3:50pm so we lost round 4 due to being short players...…..

--- waiting for special battles to pop.....round 5...……..

has been over 10 minutes still no special battle...……

4:00pm special battles popped up round 5...……

how are we supposed to know if we play or not …...how many rounds do we play?
am i to assume round 2 was a buy or tech victory?

2:00pm round 1 =played won

round 2 = unknown

3:00pm round 3 = played won

3:30pm round 4 = lost

4:13pm round 5 = lost
4:30pm...…………………….

started the tourney , won the 1st round 2-0...…….waited for special battles to pop up...………...IT NEVER DID...….nothing what s ever



Just to make it easier since the white font is extremely straining for my eye's.

View PostSortek, on Dec 09 2018 - 18:48, said:

Anyone else not getting special battle pop after running 3 matches?  it's groups of 5, we fought 3 other teams and are now waiting to fight the 4th team.. no special battle menu is popped.

No brackets on the website so we can confirm or see standings.   Anyone else?

 

View PostMAVERICK7791, on Dec 09 2018 - 19:32, said:

we have been waiting over 30 min for our next round and nothing has popped up yet

 

Alright, so I've noted a few people have yet to experience this: however this, is in fact, normal.

With the groups only having 4 battles, each team needs 1 bye round, or a round where they don't play, in order to play everyone once. 

Why the long wait?

On top of the long wait time to deal with some issues the tourney software is having, the system is also generating battle times based on the fact that there could be a possible third round, since it's attack defence, and there I only 1 winner of the round, we had our bye round, for my team, on the third round, and had an hour till our next battle.
 

We took the opportunity to play some tier 8's with a credit booster to gain some credits back, that we were spending in tournaments, so we found it as something good, but for those who are just sitting there wondering: If there is an odd amount of teams in the bracket your facing, and it's round robin, you will almost always have a bye round, it just took longer to wait now because it's attack defence, and its taking into account the fact some teams may need to play a third match to determine the winner of that round.

Hope this helps!

~ Derp



Crabalanche #8 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 13:01

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 56449 battles
  • 71
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU
  • Member since:
    05-24-2014
Also had the same problem. First 3 rounds (6 really), were on time. Then we sat around and waited for the fourth. It was 30 minutes later, and no special battles had come up. There was no bracket listed on the website for us either. I figured the tournament was done. I went out walked my dog, and ate dinner. Then I come back to find the special battle had come up 50 minutes later after our last match. We had no idea of course because there was no bracket. Had we have known that I would of taken the huge time gap to walk the dog and eat. Either way 2 hours or 2 1/2 hours for a tournament is far too long for it to go on. 



Reply to this topic



  
For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.


1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users