Cinematic

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

LordPrototype464 #1 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 10:03

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9355 battles
  • [HQ] HQ

Looking for people's opinions/ideas on the topic, as I make these kinds of things a lot. I love making cinematics like this, showing my creativity and using World of Tanks' amazing graphics to make cinematic shots, videos, and mini-movies. This one is one of quite a few, but it's special to me because of the personal homage it represents. I'll let others piece together what it could be for.

I upload often, if anyone would like to see what I have to offer, check out my channel via the "View on YouTube" button :) I've created a sort of story with some of these cinematics, there's a playlist as well with the videos in order. The final (perhaps? I might make more) part will be released sometime this week.

Who would have thought you could use armoured vehicles used for war and destruction, for showing and telling, something as beautiful and simple as love?

shiil #2 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 10:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 50656 battles
  • [DV] DV
Well done, it's amazing.

Chicago_Deepdish #3 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 12:29

Sergeant

• Players
  • 60343 battles
That was way cool to watch. Great job, nice talent.

iAmEbola #4 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 13:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 12477 battles

I don't get it.  You drove a tank around several different cities while soft music played in the background.  I don't get "love".  

Not trying to be negative, I'm just not understanding what the homage here is for you.  

MacDaddyMatty #5 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 14:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 31589 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

VERY nicely done OP!

We've done some cine's before:

But nothing as pretty as that.

recruiting trilogy:

Spoiler

and races:

Spoiler

If you ever need "extras" to fill roles in your flicks, come have a chat with us.

We can grab some interested guys to help out!

Keep up the good work.

Edited by MacDaddyMatty, Dec 10 2018 - 17:24.

LordPrototype464 #6 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 17:09

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9355 battles
  • [HQ] HQ

View PostiAmEbola, on Dec 10 2018 - 07:56, said:

I don't get it.  You drove a tank around several different cities while soft music played in the background.  I don't get "love".  

Not trying to be negative, I'm just not understanding what the homage here is for you.  

Well, the focus of "Protector of Mankind" is love, of course. I understand you and some others question how it could possibly mean that, and not to worry, I'll explain.

It all started a year and a half ago, I had met someone who changed my life. I made a cinematic for her once on my old channel, only to end up on the receiving end of people mercilessly attacking the channel months later, and me having to take the whole channel down. All the videos were deleted in this process, I had deleted all the backups of the videos out of anger and frustration. Then, I had realized I had just deleted one video that actually had such meaning. The cinematic I had purely dedicated to the one I had met.

Over this period, I spent months coming up with a new channel name. Months of things that had happened while this person and I went through all sorts of stuff in the United States. After I made the new channel, I re-created the old video and kept it as a reminder, as a precious thing for just me and her. It only exists in file, it has never be uploaded and never will be.

I had decided that after all that happened, and her being back in France again, I may as well make a homage to the first time she came to the US. "Protector of Mankind" starts off in France (in the Paris map, but this is irrelevant) and via traveling, describes the travel, the journey, to the US... Which you eventually see this shown in Serene Coast. The house you see the AMX 13 105 park in front of is a reference to the AirBnB home she had stayed in for the first weeks into her stay there.

That is the "personal homage" I described, perhaps I could make the description of the video detail this, but since it's such a personal story, this is as much as I'll share about the meaning :)

Edited by LordPrototype464, Dec 10 2018 - 17:15.

LordPrototype464 #7 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 17:12

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9355 battles
  • [HQ] HQ

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on Dec 10 2018 - 08:10, said:

VERY nicely done OP!

We've done some cine's before:

But nothing as pretty as that.

recruiting trilogy:

Spoiler

and races:

Spoiler

If you ever need "extras" to fill roles in your flicks, come have a chat with us.

We can grab some interested guys to help out!

Keep up the good work.

Thank you so much for the offer! (By the way, love the TOG II* recruitment video haha) I mainly make these cinematics on Common Test when it's open, as I have none of the tanks I use in the cinematics on live. It's quite a fun process, but finding music can be quite difficult. Fun fact: The main inspiration I get for cinematics is music. I hear a song, I picture and imagine the scene, and I gather friends and we all act it out. Then I use the replay and a freecam mod, record small clips, download the music I had heard, and piece it together in Sony Vegas Movie Studio like a decent little puzzle :)

Edited by LordPrototype464, Dec 10 2018 - 17:13.

iAmEbola #8 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 17:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 12477 battles

View PostLordPrototype464, on Dec 10 2018 - 10:09, said:

Well, the focus of "Protector of Mankind" is love, of course. I understand you and some others question how it could possibly mean that, and not to worry, I'll explain.

It all started a year and a half ago, I had met someone who changed my life. I made a cinematic for her once on my old channel, only to end up on the receiving end of people mercilessly attacking the channel months later, and me having to take the whole channel down. All the videos were deleted in this process, I had deleted all the backups of the videos out of anger and frustration. Then, I had realized I had just deleted one video that actually had such meaning. The cinematic I had purely dedicated to the one I had met.

Over this period, I spent months coming up with a new channel name. Months of things that had happened while this person and I went through all sorts of stuff in the United States. After I made the new channel, I re-created the old video and kept it as a reminder, as a precious thing for just me and her. It only exists in file, it has never be uploaded and never will be.

I had decided that after all that happened, and her being back in France again, I may as well make a homage to the first time she came to the US. "Protector of Mankind" starts off in France (in the Paris map, but this is irrelevant) and via traveling, describes the travel, the journey, to the US... Which you eventually see this shown in Serene Coast. The house you see the AMX 13 105 park in front of is a reference to the AirBnB home she had stayed in for the first weeks into her stay there.

That is the "personal homage" I described, perhaps I could make the description of the video detail this, but since it's such a personal story, this is as much as I'll share about the meaning :)

I think, sharing the fact at the beginning of the video that is was to showcase your love's first visit to the US from France, would've helped a lot more.  Just something brief, so that people can pick out that She is the French Tank.  She is on a journey.  I think an ending that showed you as a US tank (similar tier, maybe a HT - for masculinity) driving around together would've made a bigger impact on an "outsider".

As it is right now, she is shown alone, and then arriving at a house.  Where is her metaphorically falling into your arms?

Since she is back in France, I take it you two are no longer together or?

LordPrototype464 #9 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 17:47

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9355 battles
  • [HQ] HQ

View PostiAmEbola, on Dec 10 2018 - 11:39, said:

I think, sharing the fact at the beginning of the video that is was to showcase your love's first visit to the US from France, would've helped a lot more.  Just something brief, so that people can pick out that She is the French Tank.  She is on a journey.  I think an ending that showed you as a US tank (similar tier, maybe a HT - for masculinity) driving around together would've made a bigger impact on an "outsider".

As it is right now, she is shown alone, and then arriving at a house.  Where is her metaphorically falling into your arms?

Since she is back in France, I take it you two are no longer together or?

I completely agree with you there on the first thing, I usually depict myself as the Object 263, it being my favourite tank, but had forgot to put it somewhere else in the distance. I made this video by myself, replays included. I used a technique to launch two clients, so I couldn't exactly control two tanks at the same time :)

When she first arrived to the US, we weren't in a full-fledged relationship yet. We simply knew eachother at that time. As for the last question, no we have not split, currently it's a long-distance relationship which is quite hard, however we've been a year and a half strong together. Thanks for your input!

Edited by LordPrototype464, Dec 10 2018 - 17:50.

iAmEbola #10 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 17:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 12477 battles

View PostLordPrototype464, on Dec 10 2018 - 10:47, said:

I completely agree with you there on the first thing, I usually depict myself as the Object 263, but had forgot to put it somewhere else in the distance. I made this video by myself, replays included. I used a technique to launch two clients, so I couldn't exactly control two tanks at the same time :)

When she first arrived to the US, we weren't in a full-fledged relationship yet. We simply knew eachother at that time. As for the last question, no we have not split, currently it's a long-distance relationship which is quite hard, however we've been a year and a half strong together. Thanks for your input!

Ah...ok.  That makes sense.  I'm not that well versed on what one can/can't do with WoT based cinematics.  So, by being able to launch two clients at the same time, you could make yourself a single training session?  That's pretty clever.  Now my brain is thinking of ways to do it...lol

Awwww, that's neat.  Long distance relationships ARE hard.  I am very happy that you two are still together and going strong.  I was really hoping the answer to my last question was a no there.  You didn't disappoint.

:)

Edited by iAmEbola, Dec 10 2018 - 17:59.

Also tagged with Cinematic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users