Done giving any money to WG if all i ever get is bottom tier

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Captain_Rownd #21 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 23:21

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3064 battles

View PostTedsc, on Dec 12 2018 - 09:11, said:

In the last 24 games I have played I have been bottom tier in +2 in 19 of them and never been top tier.  I pay to play games that are fun but this is not fun.

That's OK, the peeps paying the bills are the top Tier ones one-shotting you.  

Nunya_000 #22 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 23:30

Major

• Players
  • 21138 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostTedsc, on Dec 12 2018 - 13:47, said:

They know that they will sell credits for real money to people who compensate for bottom tier by shooting premium ammo.  WG is a data driven company.  If you all stop with the premium ammo spam then they won't have a financial incentive to continue an algorithm that they know costs them players.

If you feel you need to shoot premium ammo more often with 3-5-7 than you are likely doing it wrong.  I am firing less premium ammo than I did with the old MM....in fact, I have even removed most premium ammo from some of my tanks and only carry 3-5 (depending on tank).

Being low tier does not bother me in the least.  I know there are at least 7 tanks in my weight class, 5 tanks that might be tough, and 3 tanks that could be a problem if I put myself in a position where I need to fight them 1 vs 1.  With the old MM, where I was in the food chain was the first thing I checked during countdown.  With 3-5-7 I hardly even look anymore.

Rigour67 #23 Posted Dec 13 2018 - 00:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27836 battles
  • [RIB] RIB

View PostAverageWannabe, on Dec 12 2018 - 21:52, said:

Top tier players need the exp and the credits to advance in the game... don't you see? We are just cannon fodder for the top dollar players.

There is some truth to this.  Free® player provide the playing field for paying players.

WG isn't a charity.

Rigour67 #24 Posted Dec 13 2018 - 01:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27836 battles
  • [RIB] RIB

View PostTedsc, on Dec 12 2018 - 21:47, said:

They know that they will sell credits for real money to people who compensate for bottom tier by shooting premium ammo.  WG is a data driven company.  If you all stop with the premium ammo spam then they won't have a financial incentive to continue an algorithm that they know costs them players.

I prefer to think of the decision when to press the 2 key as a "game within the game".

Pay to play players can press that button more often or always if they so choose.

I could as well, but then I'd have to compensate with a number of games in a tank that earns credits sufficient to subsidize that sort of gameplay.

This is a different sort of problem than the "pay to win" which OP premium tanks present imo, and as such I think it's less of a threat to the long term survival of WoT.

Fitz506 #25 Posted Dec 13 2018 - 02:14

Major

• Players
  • 42315 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA
Don't give them any of your money. They've known that 3/5/7 is complete [edited], they just don't want to fix it. Vote with your wallet.

the_Deadly_Bulb #26 Posted Dec 13 2018 - 02:52

Major

• Players
  • 27599 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostTedsc, on Dec 12 2018 - 13:17, said:

I don't feel like purchasing premium time or tanks entitles me to anything!  I think WG needs to know though that 3/5/7 is costing them money.  I will not be spending money I otherwise would have spent on this game because their MM algorithm SUCKS!  As a business that wants paying customers, they may want to know when they have lost business opportunities. 

I speak only for myself, certainly their are plenty of customers that pay through the nose for credits to shoot premium ammo when bottom tier.  Those customer purchases prop up this 3/5/7 that many customers vocally oppose.

I'm currently sitting at a bit over 20 million credits.

I never buy them.

I buy PT and I play a lot of Premiums, some I bought, some I got..

I sprem a lot.

I always earn more it seems than I spend.

I too am speaking only for myself.

ArmorStorm #27 Posted Dec 13 2018 - 04:23

Major

• Players
  • 37686 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View PostTedsc, on Dec 12 2018 - 13:27, said:

Maybe try to understand that this is a game, people play it to have fun and bottom tier isn't fun.  It just isn't.  It is not impossible to have a good game at bottom tier but that doesn't make it FUN!  It is BORING constantly being bottom tier.  

I would rather lose 9 out of 10 single tier battles than be bottom tier in 9 out of 10 winning battles.  Games should be fun and if all it does is make welcome the sweet release of death so you can get to the next battle and hopefully NOT be bottom tier then something is wrong with the game.

This game is ALMOST great  but the fact you have to throw away so many boring AF bottom tier games to get to a good one is a REAL deal breaker!

Well, you said it in the first post.  If it isn't fun, don't play.  

Personally, I will take these bottom tier games ALL DAY.  I enjoy the challenge and more importantly, if I'm bottom tier then I really have no responsibilities assigned to me.  I can freelance, try new tactics, help out where I see fit.  Also, more experience for me by shooting higher tier vehicles!

If I'm a top tier tank (especially a heavy) I am expected to go to the "heavy corner" and try to match up against the red team heavies.  That is the DEFINITION of boring, going to the same place every time because if I don't, it's nearly a sure loss.  

WG knows that the 3/5/7 MM isn't working ideally, they are working on it (grain of salt there), but that isn't the real problem.  The issue is that you struggle to perform as bottom tier, which understandably frustrates you.  The hardest things to do in this game, for me anyway, are to be patient and to run away from matchups you cannot win so you can stay alive and help the team succeed.

Edited by ArmorStorm, Dec 13 2018 - 04:25.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users