Why do you lose huge amounts off of your marks of excellence, if you're team killed?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Thats_Frosty #21 Posted Dec 13 2018 - 18:36

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20597 battles
  • [AO] AO

As someone who is currently bashing his head against his desk trying to 3 Mark my T95, I feel you on this Scorp. Sadly it's just how the system is designed or if you were having a crap game you could just get someone to tk you so you don't lose progress.

On the plus side, at least your tank can get into the battle XD 

Mac_1952 #22 Posted Dec 13 2018 - 18:49

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 57075 battles
  • [DADS] DADS
Scorp is certainly not the problem.

QuicksilverJPR #23 Posted Dec 13 2018 - 18:51

Major

• Players
  • 26490 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View PostAvalon304, on Dec 13 2018 - 03:23, said:

Dont get teamkilled?

I mean... I cant actually recall the last time I was tk'd in this game, atleast not on purpose. Like I dont condone teamkilling at all, but the times Ive seen it done the person being tk'd has deserved it... so...

Dumbest post on the internet of the day...bar none.

QuicksilverJPR #24 Posted Dec 13 2018 - 18:55

Major

• Players
  • 26490 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View PostAvalon304, on Dec 13 2018 - 05:07, said:

And how is that different than getting one shot out of the gate by an FV4005? Or artillery? Or just ammo racked from full health at the beginning of a game by that random snap shot as youre driving into position? Each of those would affect an MoE just the same as some random pleb on your team doing it to you. Your death is what negatively affects the mark, not who caused it.

So to answer the question posed in the title: You lose percentage on your marks because you died without doing enouigh damage to ensure you didnt lose progress.

And theres no way to stop TKs losing you progress short of disabling team damage completely, which is just stupid, because all that does is encourage people to just shoot their guns because theres no consequences. No team damage could easily be abused way more than having it in the game is.

So at the end of it all the solution is to not get team killed. If that means you turn your chat off and dont draw attention to yourself thats what that means.

Im playing the same one as you... and I cant recall the last time I was actively tk'd, nor can I recall the last time I saw another person get tk'd (either on my team or the enemy team).

And disabling team damge is just stupid. All it does is reinforce that people should just shoot their guns because theres no consequence if theres a team mate in the way. Its dumbing down the game further for an absolutely silly reason. You should be forced to choose between damaging an enemy or risking damage to a friendly if theyre both in your aiming circle. You should be penalized for not being aware that another tank is going to pull in front of your gun, and you should be similarly penalized (by losing health) if you pull infront of a friendly gun as they fire. Team damage makes you (or other players) accountable for their shots.

And making games where you get tkd not count for marks could also easily be abused, by getting yourself purposefully tk'd to avoid losing progress.

I can tell that you're not paying attention.  I see TKing every day, drowning every day, physics abuse every day...all of those, in some form or fashion.

If you're not seeing it, then you aren't paying attention. 

Dirty_Camel2 #25 Posted Dec 13 2018 - 19:24

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 534 battles
I get tkd in my scout tank more than anything. I go hard in the paint at the start of every match to give my team the advantage. When i get smashed and have low hp i go somewhere passive. Tds dont like this and assume I'm in the back farming, so they shoot me for my last 46hp. THIS....is what the player base has become, a bunch of morons who dont understand it's better to have a passive scout than no scout at all. They would rather i went running out in the open against 3 arty, with all of 46 hp, just so they can get 1 more shot off 3 mins into the match. You would think that they would sit beside me and use my view range as they own, but, the majority of the player base is dumb and cant grasp simple concepts such as this. By playing this game, i have accepted the consequences that come with surrounding myself with idiots..... It's just like accepting the Terms and Conditions when you log in.

Edited by Dirty_Camel2, Dec 13 2018 - 19:35.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users