I would like to thank Wargaming Support....

support player support wargaming support

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Wargaming player support (50 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battles in order to participate this poll.

Have you had consistently good experiences with Wargaming's Player support?

1. Yes (32 votes [61.54%])

Percentage of vote: 61.54%

2. No (20 votes [38.46%])

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

Does Wargaming player support answer your question the first time you contact them?

1. Yes (32 votes [59.26%])

Percentage of vote: 59.26%

2. No (22 votes [40.74%])

Percentage of vote: 40.74%

Are most of your replies form Wargaming player support copy and paste answers that don't answer your question?

1. Yes (25 votes [46.30%])

Percentage of vote: 46.30%

2. No (29 votes [53.70%])

Percentage of vote: 53.70%

Vote Hide poll

Bavor #1 Posted Dec 16 2018 - 09:35

Major

• Players
  • 32575 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

For yet again being 100% completely useless and clueless. Instead of answering my question, they gave me a copy and paste answer that was not answering my question and closed my ticket.  

Why bother having player support Wargaming?  Just fire everyone, save some money and give all the players a free month of premium time and some boosters and consumables every year.

Why do I bother with support?  95% of the time I'm very disappointed with the service because my question isn't answered or my issue is not resolved.

Has anyone had consistently good experiences with Wargaming Player Support?

VooDooKobra #2 Posted Dec 16 2018 - 09:41

Major

• Players
  • 8768 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE
I have submitted a whole 7 tickets to CS and only 1 was a copy and paste response.  each of the other times they helped me get my issue or needs dealt with within 48 hours.

Scorpiany #3 Posted Dec 16 2018 - 09:41

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 34837 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

My experiences have been a roller coaster ride. Far too often, they give copy/paste responses that don't actually address the ticket, close the ticket without actually answering the question, or just providing incorrect, outdated or completely false information. It seems that most of the representatives don't care slightly about their jobs, or the players they're responding to.

The two things that WG Support has done extremely well, are with tank recovery (I can get tanks restored in under 1 hour) and handling Forum issues (Which is ironic, since the Forums are supposed to be separate).

That's not to say all of their representatives are bad. I've had good experiences with several current / former CS individuals. However, it seems that more representatives than not, are either poorly trained, or don't give an honest effort.

nuclearguy931 #4 Posted Dec 16 2018 - 09:46

Major

• Players
  • 77575 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

I could see them giving copy/paste answers to mundane questions.

What was the question you asked them about that you're upset with the answer?

VooDooKobra #5 Posted Dec 16 2018 - 09:48

Major

• Players
  • 8768 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostScorpiany, on Dec 16 2018 - 01:41, said:

My experiences have been a roller coaster ride. Far too often, they give copy/paste responses that don't actually address the ticket, close the ticket without actually answering the question, or just providing incorrect, outdated or completely false information. It seems that most of the representatives don't care slightly about their jobs, or the players they're responding to.

The two things that WG Support has done extremely well, are with tank recovery (I can get tanks restored in under 1 hour) and handling Forum issues (Which is ironic, since the Forums are supposed to be separate).

That's not to say all of their representatives are bad. I've had good experiences with several current / former CS individuals. However, it seems that more representatives than not, are either poorly trained, or don't give an honest effort.

thats fair, no matter what the job you cant be sure if that person really cares about the quality of their work.  maybe i have been just lucky with the people i have contacted

EddyMcChuckleNuggets #6 Posted Dec 16 2018 - 09:53

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12156 battles
  • [GGNKR] GGNKR

For most issues particularly where they can give a clear answer to something (e.g. whether I can get a refund), I have gotten real, non-copy paste responses. When it comes to sending them an opinion or suggestion, I usually get the copy paste. I can understand that they won't exactly have an answer for the suggestion, though just reading something that's not clearly copy pasted would be a little more relieving.

Bavor #7 Posted Dec 16 2018 - 10:09

Major

• Players
  • 32575 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

View Postnuclearguy931, on Dec 16 2018 - 03:46, said:

What was the question you asked them about that your upset with the answer?

About the last 10 times I contacted support I received copy and paste answers that did not answer my question then they closed the ticket.

Bavor #8 Posted Dec 16 2018 - 10:10

Major

• Players
  • 32575 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

View PostVooDooKobra, on Dec 16 2018 - 03:41, said:

I have submitted a whole 7 tickets to CS and only 1 was a copy and paste response.  each of the other times they helped me get my issue or needs dealt with within 48 hours.

What topics were the tickets about?

VooDooKobra #9 Posted Dec 16 2018 - 10:39

Major

• Players
  • 8768 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostBavor, on Dec 16 2018 - 02:10, said:

What topics were the tickets about?

there was one concerning the location of the clan logo on the BDR G1B covering some of the skin art, that one was the copy and paste 

the ones i got help with that i can remember were regarding a error with my changing out a GF tank to a non skinned one.  they got me my non skinned one by the next day.    There was an issue with my not getting a prize i won and they helped me contact the person running the contest and added the prize to my account, One time i bought 2 of the wot mousepads but i didnt realize the code was 1 per account they told me the code was till active and i could transfer it to someone else.  they helped with my e-mail when i switched ISP they were great in getting my new e-mail in place since i could not log in with the old one.  oh and you will laugh at this one when i did the twitch alpha gift i thought the twitch medal was a badge so i sent in a request wondering where it is, they sent me a screenshot of my medals with it circled

felt like a bit of a dummy on that last one lol

Tilith #10 Posted Dec 16 2018 - 11:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26778 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-

The support has been excellent except one time when i tried to get help with ping issues

Bavor #11 Posted Dec 16 2018 - 13:06

Major

• Players
  • 32575 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

View PostTilith, on Dec 16 2018 - 05:44, said:

The support has been excellent except one time when i tried to get help with ping issues

The only time I've been able to get ping Issues fixed back when there was a NA East and a NA West server was calling out Level3 on Twitter about their packet loss at a particular IP address 1 or 2 hops away form Wargaming's servers.  Amazingly it was fixed much faster than going through Wargaming.

GeorgePreddy #12 Posted Dec 16 2018 - 13:51

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles

Well... there's an old "saw" that goes, "There's no such thing as a stupid question"... but I guarantee that when it comes to customer support, that old saying is WRONG.

Can you imagine the kind of questions/suggestions/demands CS receives on a daily basis ??

Sarcastic

Cynical

Mundane

Selfish

Wishful

Pie in the sky

Angry

Entitled

Ignorant

Asinine

Unanswerable

Rhetorical

... and ridiculous, idiotic, moronic, stoopidz.

I'm just glad I'm not the one who has to put up with that mess.

ColonelShakes #13 Posted Dec 16 2018 - 14:02

Captain

• -Players-
  • 13015 battles
  • [CDN] CDN

View PostBavor, on Dec 16 2018 - 13:06, said:

The only time I've been able to get ping Issues fixed back when there was a NA East and a NA West server was calling our Level3 on Twitter about their packet loss at a particular IP address 1 or 2 hops away form Wargaming's servers.  Amazingly it was fixed much faster than going through Wargaming.

gee I wonder why it got fixed.  

Make sure you never go into business.  

As far as WG customer support goes, OP is on wrong side of own poll and has been discredited numerous times in this thread.  

OP you probably asked them something that has been published for quite some time.  Cut and paste is what you get for not taking a moment to answer your own question by simply reading a support article.

Boghie #14 Posted Dec 16 2018 - 15:01

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6302 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

2 years and 2 months into the game.

A little over 6,000 battles.

Two computers.

Two TKs

Two internet service companies

And a partridge in a pear tree - or something.

Never called them, never emailed them, never put in a ticket.  The stuff VooDooKobra used the support seems valid, but if you are getting form letters you are probably complaining about stuff that is not their problem.  If a service rep routinely blows off a customer they get complaints.  If they get complaints they get laid off.  If they get laid off they cannot buy Christmas Loot Boxes at a discount for their friends in the service department.  It becomes a mess.  Rather depressing.  So, if the problem can be solved humans generally like to help solve it.  What was your issue?

PuddleSplasher #15 Posted Dec 16 2018 - 15:08

Major

• Players
  • 37348 battles
You will get more support and answers from this forum from knowledgeable players IMHO. :P

murdockwan #16 Posted Dec 16 2018 - 15:49

Captain

• Players
  • 25612 battles
  • [CNCRD] CNCRD

View PostBavor, on Dec 16 2018 - 08:35, said:

For yet again being 100% completely useless and clueless. Instead of answering my question, they gave me a copy and paste answer that was not answering my question and closed my ticket.  

Why bother having player support Wargaming?  Just fire everyone, save some money and give all the players a free month of premium time and some boosters and consumables every year.

Why do I bother with support?  95% of the time I'm very disappointed with the service because my question isn't answered or my issue is not resolved.

Has anyone had consistently good experiences with Wargaming Player Support?

Looks like it is luck. Personally I logged at least 10 cases since 2014, every time a 'normal' human replied and generally been helpful.
Don't get me wrong, I understand the type of "bad support team" you are talking about. It's all too common in so many companies. I just never experienced it here.

So I guess it depends on the person picking up your ticket from the queue.

Bavor #17 Posted Dec 18 2018 - 20:08

Major

• Players
  • 32575 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

View PostColonelShakes, on Dec 16 2018 - 08:02, said:

gee I wonder why it got fixed.  

Make sure you never go into business.  

Why?  Because we aren't allowed to call out a company on twitter who doesn't fix problems?  Is that your misguided train of thought on why I shouldn't go into business?

Block Quote

As far as WG customer support goes, OP is on wrong side of own poll and has been discredited numerous times in this thread.  

Discredited numerous times?  I don't think you know what that word means.  I think the word you were looking for was several.

nu·mer·ous
/ˈn(y)o͞om(ə)rəs/
adjective
consisting of great numbers of units or individuals
synonyms: scores of, countless, numberless, innumerable

Your logic is that several people had different experiences so I'm discredited?  Jump to conclusions much?

Block Quote

OP you probably asked them something that has been published for quite some time.  Cut and paste is what you get for not taking a moment to answer your own question by simply reading a support article.

I found a bug or exploit in the team damage system.  Its probably not advisable to post about it here.  It was not covered by the support articles.  I received a copy and paste answer instead of someone looking into the issue.

Bavor #18 Posted Dec 18 2018 - 20:10

Major

• Players
  • 32575 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

View PostPuddleSplasher, on Dec 16 2018 - 09:08, said:

You will get more support and answers from this forum from knowledgeable players IMHO. :P

Unfortunately my issue wasn't something that could be easily fixed by asking players here for help unless one of them was a programmer for Wargaming.

Avalon304 #19 Posted Dec 18 2018 - 20:19

Major

• Players
  • 20769 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

View PostBavor, on Dec 18 2018 - 12:08, said:

I found a bug or exploit in the team damage system.  Its probably not advisable to post about it here.  It was not covered by the support articles.  I received a copy and paste answer instead of someone looking into the issue.

Low leve support staff doesnt have the ability to look into how the game is coded to see if your "bug" exists. All they can do internally is put it in a report to send to Minsk. Youre very likely to get a form letter response in this case.

Generally, my experience has been positive with support with getting no form letters. I may not always get the result I want either, but Ive always gotten a non-form letter answer to tickets that required them. (For instances I once asked if I could have my Defender swapped fro a nomral 252u... while they told me that wasnt possible, they did answer me personally. On the otherhand I reported someone for physics abuse (pushing me out) and I did get a form letter for that, saying appropriate actions were taken, but that was all I expected for something that is likely reported often).

As is often the case with any support team, any individual persons experience may vary.

Additionally... you being surprised that calling out Level3 out on twitter for packet loss problems was faster than going through Wargaming  is funny. Ofcourse going directly to the source is a faster way of getting a problem solved.

GS_G3K #20 Posted Dec 18 2018 - 20:55

Major

• Players
  • 23214 battles

Nothing but exceptional experience with Wargaming customer support.

Lot of tickets over the years regarding purchases and other things always very helpful and timely in their responses.

Also tagged with support, player support, wargaming support

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users