85 replies to this topic

usercar001 #41 Posted Dec 19 2018 - 18:37

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 27424 battles
  • [-_W_-] -_W_-

View Post_ShakeNBake_, on Dec 19 2018 - 16:39, said:

I wonder when the M60 will go on sale.

a long time. they putting it on clan reward. 

Gothraul #42 Posted Dec 19 2018 - 19:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 2441 battles

Got it on gold and gave it a few rounds with a very good crew, despite not having any equipment loaded because I am credit cheap it did perform ok other than the dated dpm. Faced a T30 and it loaded HE on sight :mellow:

For gold it is a Good deal and potentially very useful for missions especially if you got plenty from loot boxes and if any of you saved up tournament and tank rewards gold.

the_dude_76 #43 Posted Dec 19 2018 - 19:38

Major

• Players
  • 34339 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostDockmaster, on Dec 19 2018 - 10:24, said:

I can't believe you have been around this long and never heard SERB proclaim "No wheeled vehicles...EVER". I simply do not know how to reply to you.

Having said that knock yourself out.

You don't know how to reply?? Let me give you a hand-  Post a quote from Serb saying this thing that you can't believe that I've never heard. 

Because obviously claims made by nobodies on the forum aren't any better or different than the unsubstantiated claim that you're making here...

I'd also have to suggest that you look up the meaning of the word "promise" because you don't seem to understand exactly what it means. Unless of course it was your intention to use hyperbole to exaggerate your point...

Dockmaster #44 Posted Dec 19 2018 - 19:49

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 44548 battles
  • [ACES] ACES

View Postthe_dude_76, on Dec 19 2018 - 11:38, said:

You don't know how to reply?? Let me give you a hand-  Post a quote from Serb saying this thing that you can't believe that I've never heard. 

Because obviously claims made by nobodies on the forum aren't any better or different than the unsubstantiated claim that you're making here...

I'd also have to suggest that you look up the meaning of the word "promise" because you don't seem to understand exactly what it means. Unless of course it was your intention to use hyperbole to exaggerate your point...

Back under your bridge please.

BillT #45 Posted Dec 19 2018 - 19:53

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 27626 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

View PostArmorStorm, on Dec 19 2018 - 08:58, said:

I’m kind of surprised that there hasn’t been an uproar about the Mutant being available for 7800 gold yet.  

Who are you expecting the uproar from?

The pre-order buyers who were promised a unique tank that would never be sold again?  Meh.  We've already vented our outrage over that, and have been ignored by WG and villified by people on the forums who think we're selfish for wanting a promise upheld.  We have no rage left for this.

Or maybe you're  looking for anger from the people who go suckered into paying big dollars for  the various bundles WG has sold the Mutant in already, and are now butthurt because now everyone else can buy it it cheaper, and for gold.  They'll have to speak for themselves, but anyone could have predicted that WG was just doing the "selective pricing" strategy.  Instead of offering it at a fair price to begin with, you sell it at a high price to those willing to pay it, then keep ratcheting the price down to catch lesser suckers, until you finally hit the fair price you were willing to sell it for from the start.  

BillT #46 Posted Dec 19 2018 - 19:56

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 27626 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

View Postthe_dude_76, on Dec 19 2018 - 10:34, said:

Just out of curiosity, have you never made a decision and then, YEARS later, changed your mind?? Because to me that doesn't really seem like that big of a deal. If someone goes back on their word a week or even a month later that's pretty shady but sht happens, things change. You don't even know if the people/person who made that decision even works for WG anymore. .

You mean, like regretting that I bought a home just before the market plummeted and spent $20K more than it was worth?  Sure.  You mean, I should get a do-over for that?  Wrong.  A deal is a deal; you can't unilaterally go back on it without repercussions.

If a company makes a promise, it doesn't matter if the employees leave.  It's the company on the hook. 

But look, WGNA got away with re-selling the Mutant, so they've set a precedent for changing their minds.  Will you feel the same way when they change their mind about the Clan Wars reward tanks and the Personal Campaign tanks, and offer them for sale to everyone?  Lots of people would pay handsomely for those.

JayDeth #47 Posted Dec 19 2018 - 19:59

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 9604 battles

I see there's plenty of people still enjoying the Kool-aid. I got a nice line of snake oils you might be interested in, by the way...

Also, if you can't understand the difference between a person changing their mind on something and a company reneging on a guarantee, you are actually mental.

EdibleEmpire #48 Posted Dec 19 2018 - 20:32

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 26202 battles
I know people love exclusive rewards but I think it should have always been limited to skins. Or resell the Mutant but with a custom camo or provide original owners with a special camo.

Kind of sucks for Mutant owners that their exclusive vehicle is being resold. What next? My Sherman?

jamesdoz #49 Posted Dec 19 2018 - 22:12

Major

• Players
  • 39599 battles
  • [AMOX] AMOX

View Postwhatzisit, on Dec 19 2018 - 09:58, said:

This game has been in existence for almost ten years now.(7 yrs to be exact), and in my four years playing, I did not see this tank nor  even known it even existed until WG put it on sale for the 1st time maybe last year(sorry did not remember date).

It is not like this tank is being driven regularly from day one. It just mostly sits in the garage collecting dust. Then everyone's pants are fire when WG decided to put it on sale. Yes, WG used this tank as a carrot to get people to spend money to support the game in the early stage, and had kept its promise for over six years. Time has changed, players base changes, and most importantly, WG is a business which needs to make money. 

Putting this tank on sales is win- win move. I think by put it on sales, WG brings awareness to this tank, thus allows the early alpha, beta testers to glow that they were early owners of one of the rare tanks. This does not take anything away from these owners. Maybe WG can designate an emblem and give them to the original owners so they can proudly display it on their tanks to let everyone knows that their tanks were the original ones. And let WG continue milking its cash cow, to be able to keep the game free to play for those who can't afford spending money on the game.

7 years only? then how is it that The game ended close testing n 2011, That would make it 8 years plus, and 1 year in Alpha/Beta Testing- over 10 years total

WarMongers #50 Posted Dec 19 2018 - 22:21

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16055 battles
  • [SCRAP] SCRAP

ArmorStorm #51 Posted Dec 19 2018 - 22:49

Major

• Players
  • 37711 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View PostBillT, on Dec 19 2018 - 12:53, said:

Who are you expecting the uproar from?

The pre-order buyers who were promised a unique tank that would never be sold again?  Meh.  We've already vented our outrage over that, and have been ignored by WG and villified by people on the forums who think we're selfish for wanting a promise upheld.  We have no rage left for this.

Or maybe you're  looking for anger from the people who go suckered into paying big dollars for  the various bundles WG has sold the Mutant in already, and are now butthurt because now everyone else can buy it it cheaper, and for gold.  They'll have to speak for themselves, but anyone could have predicted that WG was just doing the "selective pricing" strategy.  Instead of offering it at a fair price to begin with, you sell it at a high price to those willing to pay it, then keep ratcheting the price down to catch lesser suckers, until you finally hit the fair price you were willing to sell it for from the start.  

Yep, those are the ones. 

MastuhWaffles #52 Posted Dec 19 2018 - 23:02

Captain

• Players
  • 15740 battles
I bought some random boxes and had enough gold to pick up an M6 mutant and a type 64. 40 bucks well spent.

US_3rd_Army #53 Posted Dec 19 2018 - 23:04

Major

• Players
  • 38377 battles
  • [MAD-] MAD-

View Postwhatzisit, on Dec 19 2018 - 09:58, said:

This game has been in existence for almost ten years now.(7 yrs to be exact), and in my four years playing, I did not see this tank nor  even known it even existed until WG put it on sale for the 1st time maybe last year(sorry did not remember date).

It is not like this tank is being driven regularly from day one. It just mostly sits in the garage collecting dust. Then everyone's pants are fire when WG decided to put it on sale. Yes, WG used this tank as a carrot to get people to spend money to support the game in the early stage, and had kept its promise for over six years. Time has changed, players base changes, and most importantly, WG is a business which needs to make money. 

Putting this tank on sales is win- win move. I think by put it on sales, WG brings awareness to this tank, thus allows the early alpha, beta testers to glow that they were early owners of one of the rare tanks. This does not take anything away from these owners. Maybe WG can designate an emblem and give them to the original owners so they can proudly display it on their tanks to let everyone knows that their tanks were the original ones. And let WG continue milking its cash cow, to be able to keep the game free to play for those who can't afford spending money on the game.

Right now there is nothing that would differentiate the original ones from the new ones. If WG had done something that would differentiate the two, like doing something along the lines of the Object 252 and Object 252 Defender, then maybe they're wouldn't have as much of an outcry when they originally put it back on sale. But nope, they didn't. No differentiating the tanks, and no form of compensation to the players they lied to. They just put it back on sale and gave the middle finger to those who pre-ordered that tank. 

TheseViolentDelights #54 Posted Dec 19 2018 - 23:10

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16570 battles
Won a T26E5 in my $40 worth of Christmas boxes last year. Is there really anytime I'd rather play the Mutant?

SnakePliskan #55 Posted Dec 19 2018 - 23:12

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 27 battles

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Dec 19 2018 - 15:54, said:

Give it a little time.....the crybabies will then be out in force.

Nope they are all per-occupied debating the 2019 list of changes.

largeelvis #56 Posted Dec 19 2018 - 23:30

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20409 battles

Block Quote

I bought some random boxes and had enough gold to pick up an M6 mutant and a type 64. 40 bucks well spent. 

$120 bucks, I got is3a, turan III, kv220, 60 days of premium, bought mauerbrecher and mutant with 10k gold leftover. I'm hoping they put lefh on advent, but that's a longshot.

BillT #57 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 01:22

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 27626 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

View PostUS_3rd_Army, on Dec 19 2018 - 17:04, said:

Right now there is nothing that would differentiate the original ones from the new ones. If WG had done something that would differentiate the two, like doing something along the lines of the Object 252 and Object 252 Defender, then maybe they're wouldn't have as much of an outcry when they originally put it back on sale. But nope, they didn't. No differentiating the tanks, and no form of compensation to the players they lied to. They just put it back on sale and gave the middle finger to those who pre-ordered that tank. 

That's only half right.   After the sale and all the complaints, WG announced they would do something for the original  Mutant buyers. About six months later they introduced the new tank customization system we have now, and with that patch they gave original Mutant buyers a unique summer camo (just the one season) called "Goose Bumps" , one pair of emblems (cartoon picture of the M6A2E1), and one pair of inscriptions ("Mutant").   It's all non-historical and can only be applied to the Mutant.  So on a summer map, people who enabled non-historical camo can see I have a unique skin on my tank, but probably won't have any idea what it means.

Here's the camo:

Emblem:

The emblem is VERY nice, actually.  I just wish it weren't so small and indistinct against the camo pattern.

Still, you'd think they could have made it a 3-season camo with enough decals to apply to all three seasons. Cost to them: zero.  Instead, they send the message "We're doing the bare minimum."

Honestly... when they announced the sale (April 2016?), if they would have stated then that original owners were getting this unique camo, I would probably have been satisfied.  They didn't say that -- they expected to get away with it. We complained.  For weeks they just ignored us, then they made one statements that  we would get something special.  Then for six months, silence.  And then when the new customization was released, this stuff was in there -- but they didn't even announce it, we had to discover it for ours.  It's a typical example of how WG, bless their hearts, always screws up customer relations.

the_dude_76 #58 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 01:39

Major

• Players
  • 34339 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostDockmaster, on Dec 19 2018 - 12:49, said:

Back under your bridge please.

Asking you to back up your claim makes me a troll?? Really??

SynfulSun #59 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 01:50

Major

• Players
  • 13987 battles
  • [CMPRE] CMPRE
As someone who got a crapton of gold from these holiday loot boxes, I'm super duper happy to see the Mutant at such a low price :D

the_dude_76 #60 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 01:54

Major

• Players
  • 34339 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostBillT, on Dec 19 2018 - 12:56, said:

You mean, like regretting that I bought a home just before the market plummeted and spent $20K more than it was worth?  Sure.  You mean, I should get a do-over for that?  Wrong.  A deal is a deal; you can't unilaterally go back on it without repercussions.

No, nothing like that. In fact that may be the most absurd analog that I've ever seen. 

More like saying you're never going to buy a house and then changing your mind years later.

Block Quote

If a company makes a promise, it doesn't matter if the employees leave.  It's the company on the hook. 

What promise?? So far all I've seen is claims made on the forums by people who get defensive when you ask them to provide an actual quote of this "promise".

Block Quote

Will you feel the same way when they change their mind about the Clan Wars reward tanks and the Personal Campaign tanks, and offer them for sale to everyone? 

Another ridiculous comparison.  Clan Wars reward tanks were earned by people who choose to participate and were meant to be exclusive to those players. How is that in any way the same thing as adding wheeled vehicles after saying they wouldn't?? Who is hurt by this?? Who wasted their time playing clan wars for an exclusive reward only to find out they could just buy it later?? 

But to answer your question, yes, I'll feel the same way. You see I understand that this is just a video game and I just can't get upset about anything that happens in a video game. Maybe it's because I'm an adult...

Also tagged with Mutant

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users