M6 Mutant for GOLD?!

Mutant

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

USSWISCONSIN94 #61 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 02:00

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1639 battles
Do want it as it looks pretty good now. (Own it on console and still fun) but do wish it had the 120mm

HAN_Y0L0 #62 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 02:09

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30049 battles

View PostTheManFromKekistan, on Dec 19 2018 - 09:14, said:

I seriously doubt there are enough original owners left actively playing to matter anymore and of the ones left I would imagine don't care one way or another. They could all quit as a group and it wouldn't make any difference to the daily player count running through the queue so wg as do all companies is maximizing profits.

This, I am one of the original players and owners... WG has proven that they do not give a SH*T about the original supporters of the game time and time again.  And this in itself should be a beacon to ALL players of the game that they care nothing for any of us...  Breaking promises since day one.  Thanks WG.  Sincerely, OG Beta supporter. 

RaynorShyne #63 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 02:19

Captain

• Players
  • 28244 battles
  • [D--T] D--T

View PostArmorStorm, on Dec 19 2018 - 07:58, said:

I’m kind of surprised that there hasn’t been an uproar about the Mutant being available for 7800 gold yet.  I wouldn’t buy it in the big extortion bundles, but I might today. 

It was part of the original "Heavy" Package when the game came out of Beta (I think it was $50 or so).    Good Lord it was horrible,

BillT #64 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 03:15

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 27626 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

View Postthe_dude_76, on Dec 19 2018 - 19:54, said:

Another ridiculous comparison.  Clan Wars reward tanks were earned by people who choose to participate and were meant to be exclusive to those players. How is that in any way the same thing as adding wheeled vehicles after saying they wouldn't?? Who is hurt by this?? Who wasted their time playing clan wars for an exclusive reward only to find out they could just buy it later?? 

And back in 2011, the question was "Who's going to invest a hundred bucks in this brand new game for a tank they could just buy later?"  So they offered a unique tank as an incentive.  WOT has never said they would NEVER make the CW rewards tanks available to  others, and by your own argument it doesn't matter that they "were meant to be exclusive to" certain players... because hey, WG gets to change its mind, right?  And technically they never promised never to sell those tanks.  Someone who won them for clan wars has enjoyed their prestige for years now, so it would be "childish" for them to complain if they get sold, right?

As long as you're OK with them selling the CW rewards tanks, you're at least consistent.  You don't think WG needs to uphold promises to its customers  and you don't think they should be punished for breaking them. 

I think that if I looked back through your postings, I could probably find several cases where you get "upset" about something happening in this video game,  so you might want to get off that "I'm an adult" high horse and admit that you don't like your ox being gored, either.

(I never said anything about wheeled vehicles, BTW.)

24cups #65 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 03:43

Major

• Players
  • 24869 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
At the end of the day who cares  ?
It's a friggin game.

DigitalFear #66 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 04:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 15068 battles

I feel Genuinely ripped off. I remember dropping almost $100 to buy this tank for its ONE TIME ONLY EVER SALE OFFERED FOR ONE DAY!

Now its 40$???

DigitalFear #67 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 04:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 15068 battles
I spent $100 for this tank, jfc Im going back to overwatch. If i want to drop hundreds of dollars on a game it will be starcitizen thank you very much

EmperorJuliusCaesar #68 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 05:19

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostJayDeth, on Dec 20 2018 - 01:59, said:

I see there's plenty of people still enjoying the Kool-aid. I got a nice line of snake oils you might be interested in, by the way...

Also, if you can't understand the difference between a person changing their mind on something and a company reneging on a guarantee, you are actually mental.

It was never guaranteed.  Locking newer players out of content is a good way to run off new players.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #69 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 05:23

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostUS_3rd_Army, on Dec 20 2018 - 05:04, said:

View Postwhatzisit, on Dec 19 2018 - 09:58, said:

This game has been in existence for almost ten years now.(7 yrs to be exact), and in my four years playing, I did not see this tank nor  even known it even existed until WG put it on sale for the 1st time maybe last year(sorry did not remember date).

It is not like this tank is being driven regularly from day one. It just mostly sits in the garage collecting dust. Then everyone's pants are fire when WG decided to put it on sale. Yes, WG used this tank as a carrot to get people to spend money to support the game in the early stage, and had kept its promise for over six years. Time has changed, players base changes, and most importantly, WG is a business which needs to make money. 

Putting this tank on sales is win- win move. I think by put it on sales, WG brings awareness to this tank, thus allows the early alpha, beta testers to glow that they were early owners of one of the rare tanks. This does not take anything away from these owners. Maybe WG can designate an emblem and give them to the original owners so they can proudly display it on their tanks to let everyone knows that their tanks were the original ones. And let WG continue milking its cash cow, to be able to keep the game free to play for those who can't afford spending money on the game.

Right now there is nothing that would differentiate the original ones from the new ones. If WG had done something that would differentiate the two, like doing something along the lines of the Object 252 and Object 252 Defender, then maybe they're wouldn't have as much of an outcry when they originally put it back on sale. But nope, they didn't. No differentiating the tanks, and no form of compensation to the players they lied to. They just put it back on sale and gave the middle finger to those who pre-ordered that tank. 

Boo Hoo.......more whining from NA playerbase, why am I not surprised....

EmperorJuliusCaesar #70 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 05:25

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostSnakePliskan, on Dec 20 2018 - 05:12, said:

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Dec 19 2018 - 15:54, said:

Give it a little time.....the crybabies will then be out in force.

Nope they are all per-occupied debating the 2019 list of changes.

You were just a little late with this comment, they are already here.....of course, just one more thing to whine about....

JackG79 #71 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 05:51

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 40410 battles

View PostArmorStorm, on Dec 19 2018 - 08:58, said:

I’m kind of surprised that there hasn’t been an uproar about the Mutant being available for 7800 gold yet.  I wouldn’t buy it in the big extortion bundles, but I might today. 

You want to know the real kicker???  If you figure that 7800 gold in the "Any amount of gold" option costs.....   $35.14    

For 35.14 you can get around  21 Xmas loot boxes/crates whatever you want to call the.... as 25 of them is 39.99   $4.XX differece    

I bought the 25 crates the other day for 39.99 and got approx 13K gold, 2 M4 Improved and a KV-220-2  as well as the special skin for my Tier X Bat Chat and a pile of Xmas decorations. Enough infacted to close out all of 2018 and most of 2019 with the schards.  Also giving me all of last years skins and a few female crew members.   I

I didn't keep track of the premium time in those 25 crates, but it was over 15 days.   

So for the dollar amount in crates of the 7800 gold, you actually get the mutant, and another approx 6-8K gold on top of it. making it worth about half.   You are literally putting up a dollar amount equal to about 17 dollars for the Mutant, once you count all the other stuff you'll get.   Yesterday the STG Guard was 10K  If you spend the money in loot crates, then use the gold to buy the tanks.. you are about doublling your moneys worth.  

And it is when you do this, that you maximize returns on those crates, and turn the "Gambling" in your favor. 

DEADTIME #72 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 05:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13310 battles
  • [BETAS] BETAS

View Post_Tsavo_, on Dec 19 2018 - 06:47, said:

Giggatroll hull against tier 6/7 and about half of the tier 8s.  tier 6 and 7 premium struggles against it, but tier 8+ premium butters it.  Sides are garbo, no scrapy-side in this one.  Turret cheeks are squishy to high pen stuff.

Against a good player, it's easily defeated, against Joe Random who has never seen a bobblehead, it's a neigh unstoppable murderbox

Best mini review ever....lol I was wondering about its viability myself. I'll grab one just for, thanks tsavo.

the_dude_76 #73 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 08:18

Major

• Players
  • 34339 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostBillT, on Dec 19 2018 - 20:15, said:

(I never said anything about wheeled vehicles, BTW.)

Then why did you respond to me at all?? Wheeled vehicles was the only thing that I was talking about.

Maybe next time try reading all of the posts from the person you're replying to...

Sturm_Teufel #74 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 08:23

Major

• Players
  • 49042 battles
  • [-P-] -P-
Is the Mutant actually worth it for 8700 gold? Anyone? Thinking of getting it.

eXs11 #75 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 08:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 15437 battles

View PostSturm_Teufel, on Dec 20 2018 - 02:23, said:

Is the Mutant actually worth it for 8700 gold? Anyone? Thinking of getting it.

1. 7800 gold

2. got it, didn't expect it to be good but it really shocked me... I feel like this will be one of my favorite tanks. you're not an offensive powerhouse, but you can hold down a flank almost by yourself with the armor and you consistently chip away at people's health who get frustrated with bouncing off you and end up driving right in front of your gun... plus credit multiplier is off the charts... it makes legit credits even with terrible ammo cost. I'm very impressed

SpectreHD #76 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 09:23

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 17071 battles
  • [TT] TT

View PostRaynorShyne, on Dec 20 2018 - 09:19, said:

It was part of the original "Heavy" Package when the game came out of Beta (I think it was $50 or so).    Good Lord it was horrible,

It was USD $100.

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Dec 20 2018 - 12:19, said:

It was never guaranteed.  Locking newer players out of content is a good way to run off new players.

Just one tank can drive players off? Okay.

Also good to know that WG's words mean nothing. From the developer all the way to the CEO.

largeelvis #77 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 10:29

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20983 battles
Mutant was $34.33 U.S., so it wasn't even $40 this time around.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #78 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 12:02

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostSpectreHD, on Dec 20 2018 - 15:23, said:

View PostRaynorShyne, on Dec 20 2018 - 09:19, said:

It was USD $100.

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Dec 20 2018 - 12:19, said:

Just one tank can drive players off? Okay.

Also good to know that WG's words mean nothing. From the developer all the way to the CEO.

Boo Hoo, said rare pixel tank is a little less rare.  It's not like you ever see them in battle anyway.

SpectreHD #79 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 15:28

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 17071 battles
  • [TT] TT

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Dec 20 2018 - 19:02, said:

Boo Hoo, said rare pixel tank is a little less rare.  It's not like you ever see them in battle anyway.

Oh boohoo, forgive us for believing the top man in WG. At least that is a legitimate reason why people were upset in the beginning. You wanted the proof? You got it.

"Never again."

EmperorJuliusCaesar #80 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 15:29

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostBillT, on Dec 20 2018 - 07:22, said:

View PostUS_3rd_Army, on Dec 19 2018 - 17:04, said:

Right now there is nothing that would differentiate the original ones from the new ones. If WG had done something that would differentiate the two, like doing something along the lines of the Object 252 and Object 252 Defender, then maybe they're wouldn't have as much of an outcry when they originally put it back on sale. But nope, they didn't. No differentiating the tanks, and no form of compensation to the players they lied to. They just put it back on sale and gave the middle finger to those who pre-ordered that tank. 

That's only half right.   After the sale and all the complaints, WG announced they would do something for the original  Mutant buyers. About six months later they introduced the new tank customization system we have now, and with that patch they gave original Mutant buyers a unique summer camo (just the one season) called "Goose Bumps" , one pair of emblems (cartoon picture of the M6A2E1), and one pair of inscriptions ("Mutant").   It's all non-historical and can only be applied to the Mutant.  So on a summer map, people who enabled non-historical camo can see I have a unique skin on my tank, but probably won't have any idea what it means.

Here's the camo:

Emblem:

The emblem is VERY nice, actually.  I just wish it weren't so small and indistinct against the camo pattern.

Still, you'd think they could have made it a 3-season camo with enough decals to apply to all three seasons. Cost to them: zero.  Instead, they send the message "We're doing the bare minimum."

Honestly... when they announced the sale (April 2016?), if they would have stated then that original owners were getting this unique camo, I would probably have been satisfied.  They didn't say that -- they expected to get away with it. We complained.  For weeks they just ignored us, then they made one statements that  we would get something special.  Then for six months, silence.  And then when the new customization was released, this stuff was in there -- but they didn't even announce it, we had to discover it for ours.  It's a typical example of how WG, bless their hearts, always screws up customer relations.

People have non-historical checked?  I tried it for a few days, got tired of seeing puke colored tanks and quickly got rid of it.   Sadly there are those that don't like we have the option to uncheck the box, they want us to be forced to look at their crap.

Also tagged with Mutant

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users