world of tanks general chat

gen chat general chat chat censor world of tanks wot chat mods

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Yao_Wang #1 Posted Dec 19 2018 - 16:51

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14607 battles
ok so since the blacklist has a space limit and there are hardly any chat mods on anymore why haven't wargaming made it to were we could just flat out censor chat by creating a blacklist for words we do not wish to see in the game general chat this would work like the already built in chat censor button but we could add and remove words as we saw fit?

YANKEE137 #2 Posted Dec 19 2018 - 16:53

Major

• -Players-
  • 11999 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
Great idea. I can think of several words to list but they'd probably get me a forum strike.

Yao_Wang #3 Posted Dec 19 2018 - 17:07

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14607 battles
thanks the idea came to me today after watching the world of tank NA USC general chat room today just a bunch of talk that was clearly against the TOS/EULA and since everyone was so angry cause of the subject no one was thinking reasonably 

Almighty_Johnson #4 Posted Dec 19 2018 - 17:19

Major

• -Players-
  • 23933 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

In the entire time I've played this game, I've been on General Chat a grand total of about 11 seconds.  Why is it even there?

Just turn it off.

Yao_Wang #5 Posted Dec 19 2018 - 17:23

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14607 battles

View PostAlmighty_Johnson, on Dec 19, 2018 - 08:19, said:

In the entire time, I've played this game, I've been on General Chat a grand total of about 11 seconds.  Why is it even there?

Just turn it off.

cause it is normal for online MMO games to have a place for new and older players to talk about the game ask for help and share ideas and views that do not conflict with the games TOS/EULA the problem is that wargaming is not actually watching the chat for us and the younger players so I feel that we should be allowed to watch it our self by censoring words we do not wish to see

SmashDTrash #6 Posted Dec 19 2018 - 17:43

Major

• Players
  • 10817 battles
  • [XILES] XILES

View PostYao_Wang, on Dec 19 2018 - 10:23, said:

cause it is normal for online MMO games to have a place for new and older players to talk about the game ask for help and share ideas and views that do not conflict with the games TOS/EULA the problem is that wargaming is not actually watching the chat for us and the younger players so I feel that we should be allowed to watch it our self by censoring words we do not wish to see

sorry mate all ive seen on there is trolls and bad mouthed individuals, I agree it should be cut from the game

Yao_Wang #7 Posted Dec 19 2018 - 17:49

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14607 battles

View PostDevildog8, on Dec 19, 2018 - 08:43, said:

sorry mate all I've seen on there is trolls and bad mouthed individuals, I agree it should be cut from the game

you get that in any game chat the only reason we see it more on here is cause wargaming themselves pulled the mods off the chat if the mods were not pulled off the chat you would not see a lot of what you see now the reason it looks so bad is cause wargaming shot themselves in the foot here

Edited by Yao_Wang, Dec 19 2018 - 18:17.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #8 Posted Dec 19 2018 - 17:56

Major

• Players
  • 33020 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostYao_Wang, on Dec 19 2018 - 22:51, said:

ok so since the blacklist has a space limit and there are hardly any chat mods on anymore why haven't wargaming made it to were we could just flat out censor chat by creating a blacklist for words we do not wish to see in the game general chat this would work like the already built in chat censor button but we could add and remove words as we saw fit?

A better option is just to screen shot it and send it in with a ticket.  They will either learn how to act or they will end up getting perma chat banned.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #9 Posted Dec 19 2018 - 17:58

Major

• Players
  • 33020 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostDevildog8, on Dec 19 2018 - 23:43, said:

View PostYao_Wang, on Dec 19 2018 - 10:23, said:

sorry mate all ive seen on there is trolls and bad mouthed individuals, I agree it should be cut from the game

Punish everyone because some children of adult age were raised badly......no thanks, there's an option to put in tickets for such things.  They will learn or get perma chat banned.

dunniteowl #10 Posted Dec 19 2018 - 18:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 26298 battles

I would support the OPs idea.  I also DO NOT USE general chat.  It is just AWFUL.  I also agree with the responder who said they have used it for about 11 seconds total.  Sadly, I am a glutton for punishment and had used it (or perused it more accurately) for probably five minutes total time since registering.

I have a very thick internet skin.  I used to moderate chat rooms and forums for a triple A company (sounds like Pyro Hare) and I used to Admin a game related site for that very same game wherein I admin'd, moderated forums and chats for over 6 years.  Believe me, D&D players can be really ugly, harsh, literal TROLLS when it comes to behavior.

WGs General Chat is a CESSPOOL compared to anything I have seen in my online presence since 1987, other than far right political fringe elements where hatred is the name of the game.  If they don't install a filtering system, then god help those poor souls.  Me?  I don't even do more than occasionally click it to be sure it's still the same.  Sort of like my once in every 10-15 years attempt to smoke a cigarette to remind myself of why I don't like them.

Please, WG, take some responsibility for the overall mental 'health' of your General Chat and DO something to reduce that craptastic signal to noise ratio.

Just:

Oh

My

GOD!

It is the worst I have seen for any gaming company, EVER!

GL, HF & HSYBF!

OvO

leeuniverse #11 Posted Dec 21 2018 - 02:23

Major

• Players
  • 35894 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

Ya, I've used General Chat like "5 sec's" all the time I've been here.  It doesn't even need to be there in my view.

I would like to know why they haven't like MANY mods implemented the "clean chat" mods in the Battle chat?

I had a great list of banned words with one mod I used when I had my mod pack, and chat was absolutely wonderful to read.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users