General Advice Not To Suck and Japanese Hvy Tank Questions.

advice help japanese heavy

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Kennethern #1 Posted Dec 19 2018 - 16:55

Private

• Players
  • 2119 battles
I'm not entirely new to the game, I started playing about a year back with a few friends and stopped because nobody else was playing. I just got back into it, still without a crew, and I remembered both the reason why I want the Japanese heavies and how much they suck early on. 

Basically, I'm sure my ineptitude is mostly the reason behind why I think the 91 and 95 suck, and so I'd like some advice on how to play them before I can get to the better, armored heavies. As far as I can tell right now, the 91 and 95 have little firepower, no armor to speak of and the health only gets mildly impressive when you hit the 95. Of course the 95 can use explosive shot over AP 100% of the time, but that's what little it has going for it from what I can tell.

the_dude_76 #2 Posted Dec 19 2018 - 17:19

Major

• Players
  • 34372 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM
Nope, it's not you. The 91 and 95 are two of the worst tanks in the game. The only advice that can be offered is to grind your way through them as quickly as possible. I don't ever advise new players to free exp their way past low tier tanks but this may be the exception. You'll learn nothing from struggling your way through these turds.

Maltfourti #3 Posted Dec 19 2018 - 17:23

Captain

• Players
  • 50092 battles
  • [FORTH] FORTH
Get past those asap. Tier 5 is where they start to be ridiculous.

dunniteowl #4 Posted Dec 19 2018 - 17:51

Major

• Players
  • 37538 battles

View PostKennethern, on Dec 19 2018 - 09:55, said:

I'm not entirely new to the game, I started playing about a year back with a few friends and stopped because nobody else was playing. I just got back into it, still without a crew, and I remembered both the reason why I want the Japanese heavies and how much they suck early on. 

Basically, I'm sure my ineptitude is mostly the reason behind why I think the 91 and 95 suck, and so I'd like some advice on how to play them before I can get to the better, armored heavies. As far as I can tell right now, the 91 and 95 have little firepower, no armor to speak of and the health only gets mildly impressive when you hit the 95. Of course the 95 can use explosive shot over AP 100% of the time, but that's what little it has going for it from what I can tell.

Please read this: 

The WoT Welcome Package (version 1)

I put together from these very forums and from the WoT Wiki, as well as a few folks on You Tube of what I felt were the Core Essentials to Playing Knowledge.

I will offer that this information I USE TODAY even now.  It took me from a steady 48% player to a pretty steady 54% player on most days.

Would you play Football, Monopoly, Chess or Cribbage if you didn't know the rules of the game?  Of course not!  You might have all the tools and parts, but you'd just be guessing if you didn't know how to achieve the objectives of the game.  The WWP supplies you with THAT.  It doesn't tell you HOW to play, it tells you HOW the game WORKS.  This is probably the single most valuable set of tools you can get when it comes to playing better.

No matter what else you learn, what other advice you get, how long you play, I will stand by that last statement categorically for ANY endeavor you could care to learn or in which to engage.  It WILL help.  I wager it will help MORE than any other thing you can get from these forums.

GL, HF & HSYBF!

Also tagged with advice, help, japanese, heavy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users