hiding your stats

hide the stats xvm xvm sucks xvm ruined the game xvm made this game toxic xvm makes toxic people worse

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Tyrion_Lannister #21 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 03:13

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24982 battles
  • [REBEL] REBEL

View PostAliasless, on Dec 19 2018 - 21:12, said:

Yeah people will still rage when they die and they wont even know they're raging at someone who actually has a clue. XVM also gives you a slight idea what you're teamates will do too. Make XVM part of the core game, thats the real solution

im cool with that aswell, aslong as it comes with the ability to be shut off and blocked by anyone that dose not want to share information. 

GaussDeath #22 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 03:17

Captain

• Players
  • 55725 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostTyrion_Lannister, on Dec 19 2018 - 18:07, said:

im more then happy to see that they are considering removing the ability for everyone to see everyone elses stats with a mod.  its my opinion but xvm basically made this game one of the most toxic games i have ever played.  if its not someone stat shaming someone its someone complaining  the game is "rigged" . LOL rigged because there top tier is not red,purple, blue or what ever the heck xvm addicts see.  how can u say the game is rigged? this change cant come any sooner. it will be such an improvement i cant wait.   so thats my opinion, is anyone else happy about this ?

Could you post the source please? 

Tyrion_Lannister #23 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 03:19

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24982 battles
  • [REBEL] REBEL

View PostTLWiz, on Dec 19 2018 - 21:01, said:

Toxic people will be toxic.  Ignoring them, block them, black list them, and then just play. XVM is a mod pack which does many things. I am an XVM addict.  Auto equipment return is one of my faves, as well as three rows in my garage and some other good stuff which has nothing to do with stats. I'll say that I have struggled to get my winrate above 50% so that makes me happy - sometimes I try to play smarter.

they dont want to remove it , (thats just me lol) they want to give us the ability to stop you using xvm from seeing my stats and name in a match.  if you use xvm to judge people based on there stats and then you suddenly couldnt, dose that piss you off ?

docroberts #24 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 03:21

Captain

• Players
  • 19295 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX
I have XVM but im one of the few who doesn't use it for singling people out . I use it mostly for my self and to break up the players names so Its easier to read due to the color scheme .. I have bad vision so it just makes things easier in my case . Even had to break down and buy a 32 inch monitor because my 23 inch monitor was getting to hard to see lol . 

Tyrion_Lannister #25 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 03:22

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24982 battles
  • [REBEL] REBEL

View PostGaussDeath, on Dec 19 2018 - 21:17, said:

Could you post the source please? 

https://worldoftanks...sneak-preview/     news article.

https://www.youtube....?v=25LRPraccEI           video in the article on youtube where they actually mention it.

docroberts #26 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 03:26

Captain

• Players
  • 19295 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX
New Vid today ..  https://www.youtube....8AMcGpa9f5yydqF

Tyrion_Lannister #27 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 03:35

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24982 battles
  • [REBEL] REBEL

View Postdocroberts, on Dec 19 2018 - 21:26, said:

yea i watched it already lol. im subbed, i was kinda sad to hear him say not to hide stats... but its easy to see why lol. also i also pay attention to Circonflexes. i mean at the very least he agrees with hiding stats 100% to lower toxicity in the game. it made me way more happy then qb's opinion lol. https://www.youtube....qfzc_Q&t=1182s     right at the 17:00  minute mark.  :)

EdibleEmpire #28 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 03:37

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 25906 battles
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS
I think hiding statistics and names for games is a good thing.

Flarvin #29 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 03:52

Major

• Players
  • 52806 battles

View PostTyrion_Lannister, on Dec 19 2018 - 20:48, said:

i sincerely disagree with you, it will help is some ways. i  know you cant change some people and there rigged mentality. once an apple is rotten you cant change it, i know.  but i still think it will help. literally people will tell you the team lost before the timer starts ticking because  they have xvm and they are not on the side with a unicorn.  thats always what you want to here before the match starts.  lol 

Players tell their teams they will lose without xvm all the time, for what seems no reason at times. 

When I ran xvm, I use to see players claim it was a loss when the team was way better skill wise. They were not running xvm. Even seen players running xvm claim a loss when the team was seriously favored. 

Hiding stats is not going to noticeably change anything. Any decrease is shaming over stats, will just be countered by players feeling more emboldened because they know their stats are hidden. 

82nd_19D1P_D3 #30 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 06:59

Captain

• Players
  • 40046 battles
  • [3-73] 3-73
I'm torn. On one hand I pulled myself out of potato status to a green meanie. On the other hand all those rerolls and padders will have accomplished nothing and the only way to impress others is to rock a 260 badge and the like. Oh wait I just happen to have one of those. Guess badges will be the new purple. :teethhappy:

sneakytails #31 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 07:12

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7313 battles
  • [ESG] ESG

View PostTyrion_Lannister, on Dec 19 2018 - 20:07, said:

im more then happy to see that they are considering removing the ability for everyone to see everyone elses stats with a mod.  its my opinion but xvm basically made this game one of the most toxic games i have ever played.  if its not someone stat shaming someone its someone complaining  the game is "rigged" . LOL rigged because there top tier is not red,purple, blue or what ever the heck xvm addicts see.  how can u say the game is rigged? this change cant come any sooner. it will be such an improvement i cant wait.   so thats my opinion, is anyone else happy about this ?

source :

https://www.youtube....?v=25LRPraccEI           video in the article on youtube where they actually mention it.

I am very happy about this, its one of the most important things to happen to this game in a long time. QB is wrong on this one.

RustySqueak #32 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 07:48

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20605 battles

View PostTyrion_Lannister, on Dec 20 2018 - 01:07, said:

source :

How can you say it's not rigged?  By your own words you haven't viewed the information xvm provides.  You are like a blind man offering opinions on paintings in an art gallery.  If you enjoy intentionally being low information that's fine, but I'm not persuaded just because you have a thin skin.  I turned off receiving personal messages, because I don't like hearing from donkeys complaining after the game about my game play.  If in game chat exceeded my tolerance levels, I would turn that off.

I suspect that so called stat shaming will continue, even without the stats.  One can pretty much tell that if a player hasn't learned to hold the right mouse button to keep their turret locked in the correct direction as they look around that they won't amount to much.  I like xvm for a variety of reasons, but mostly for the server ping and vision circles.

Speaking of stats, WG makes everyone's stats readily accessible along with every post on the forum.  Is eliminating that next on your to-do list?

ColonelShakes #33 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 09:07

Captain

• -Players-
  • 13098 battles
  • [CDN] CDN

View PostRustySqueak, on Dec 20 2018 - 07:48, said:

How can you say it's not rigged?  By your own words you haven't viewed the information xvm provides.  You are like a blind man offering opinions on paintings in an art gallery.  If you enjoy intentionally being low information that's fine, but I'm not persuaded just because you have a thin skin.  I turned off receiving personal messages, because I don't like hearing from donkeys complaining after the game about my game play.  If in game chat exceeded my tolerance levels, I would turn that off.

I suspect that so called stat shaming will continue, even without the stats.  One can pretty much tell that if a player hasn't learned to hold the right mouse button to keep their turret locked in the correct direction as they look around that they won't amount to much.  I like xvm for a variety of reasons, but mostly for the server ping and vision circles.

Speaking of stats, WG makes everyone's stats readily accessible along with every post on the forum.  Is eliminating that next on your to-do list?

Viewing player stats outside the game is fine.  

WG acknowledged that in game it can be a detriment to fair play.  Many perceive they are being focused down.  

Vanilla WOT without mods has both view circle and server ping.

Holding the right mouse button does not indicate player skill, sorry.  

Also sorry to hear your skin is so thin you had to turn off PMs. Some choice comments come through after matches.  Some are priceless.

Back to false padding with your T29.  Enjoy.

xXfuryXx #34 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 09:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 14194 battles

View PostTyrion_Lannister, on Dec 20 2018 - 01:48, said:

i sincerely disagree with you, it will help is some ways. i  know you cant change some people and there rigged mentality. once an apple is rotten you cant change it, i know.  but i still think it will help. literally people will tell you the team lost before the timer starts ticking because  they have xvm and they are not on the side with a unicorn.  thats always what you want to here before the match starts.  lol 

the game is just toxic .  mostly because it's a "F2P" game.  which just ends up attracting the lowest common denominator more often than not.  This player base is one of the least talented I've ever seen and i've played 100s of games for decades.  I would say in your average game at least 2/3 of the players don't have the slightest clue what they are doing.  What's crazy is they could have 30K battles and yet they still don't have any idea.

it would probably decrease it a little bit but i would say at least half of the toxicity is coming out of the mouth of [edited]players directed towards anyone and everyone.  regardless of what their xvm stats are.  On flip side, good players recognize people playing like morons pretty easy.  they don't need stats for them to get upset and start [edited].

RonCopeland #35 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 10:30

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5 battles
"considering" means won't ever happen

NeatoMan #36 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 14:55

Major

• Players
  • 27026 battles

View PostTyrion_Lannister, on Dec 19 2018 - 20:48, said:

I frequently say the game is lost and I haven't used XVM in over a year.  About half the time I'm right.

I would say when a player is stat shamed most of the time it's whenever they do something stupid and then start complaining in chat, or camp uselessly in a corner.  Stat shaming in the latter case is pointing out that the player may want to change his tactics if he wants to do better.  If they aren't going to change then why do they care what people say about their stats?

GeoMonster #37 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 15:18

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 32002 battles
  • [MUG-D] MUG-D

View PostTyrion_Lannister, on Dec 19 2018 - 19:07, said:

source :

It will not help at all.  The game will still be toxic.  Some people will still feel picked on.  They will find something else to complain about.

When I play SPGs I shoot at the strategically placed enemy tanks.  I will NOT go after the top players if they are not a threat to my team or winning chance.  Get the dug in tanks that are stopping an advance.  Get the pesky scouts.  Get the flanking mediums.  Get the TDs pinning down your team.

I find the top players move around randomly A LOT.  It can be difficult to hit them.  With long reload times, going after tanks with a very low probably to damage isn't benefiting ones team.  So ... if you are a top player being focused because of your rating, feel good that the rest of your team is being left alone!

Some players want to join some clans to platoon together in top tanks and seal club other players in order to increase their rating.  Then their rating goes up and they feel targeted.

You better have WG remove the blacklist too, for once this stat hiding is announced, arty players can blacklist the top blue and purple players (and some green) and focus on those people on their blacklist.  Or more realistically, the top players may be the ones in the strategic locations and still be focused on.

To better get rid of toxicity, WG just needs to do a better job of chat banning those who ridicule other players.  But we know that will never happen ... same for blatant and frequent team killing.  These are problems too.   Just watch Claus's latest AH video.  Those people need to be immediately banned from the game for LIFE.  But it will never happen.

BurglarOfBanff_ff #38 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 15:48

Captain

• -Players-
  • 26637 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

I can see why really bad and really good players would not like their stats to show, but I find it very useful in battle to know the relative skill levels of team mates and opponents. 

For example, I we have 2 blues on a flank against 3 reds I can go somewhere else.  However, if we have 3 reds against 2 blues, then I might go help.

Just have to remember that stats help to show the most likely outcome, not necessarily the actual outcome.

Spanktankk #39 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 15:51

Major

• Players
  • 35301 battles
  • [KFB] KFB

View PostBurglarOfBanff_ff, on Dec 20 2018 - 09:48, said:

I can see why really bad and really good players would not like their stats to show, but I find it very useful in battle to know the relative skill levels of team mates and opponents. 

For example, I we have 2 blues on a flank against 3 reds I can go somewhere else.  However, if we have 3 reds against 2 blues, then I might go help.

Just have to remember that stats help to show the most likely outcome, not necessarily the actual outcome.

True..but arent you tired of getting XVM targeted.... sky cancer..or otherwise?

Spank

owlgator #40 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 15:53

Captain

• Players
  • 14960 battles

View PostTolos, on Dec 19 2018 - 19:42, said:

The change will not make one bit of difference to how " toxic " the game is. Not one. 

Unfortunately I completely agree, as it's the person not the mechanic.  Before XVM it was clan tags - the amount of ridicule you'd get if you played for a clan that didn't or couldn't hold land...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users