hiding your stats

hide the stats xvm xvm sucks xvm ruined the game xvm made this game toxic xvm makes toxic people worse

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Trauglodyte #41 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 16:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 17781 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View PostCheshil, on Dec 20 2018 - 02:14, said:

YES!!!! i am focused by all three atry 70% of my games, my average tank damage is around 2500 or so, can they see this number? i would LOVE this to happen

I highly doubt anyone is focusing on you, let alone all three arty in a game.  Since 90% of your battles are in TDs, which means that you're humping a bush in the back, nobody is seeing you.  And, since you're a sub-50% player, despite teal recents, you're not doing anything to get anyone's attention.  So, how about you stop fibbing about arty focus.  You should probably adjust your comment to read:  I am focused by all three arty at the end of 70% of my games because I'm finally spotted...

ShaolinWombat #42 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 16:17

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13578 battles
The last XVM mod had about 116k total downloads.   There are still more than 2m active players.   So only 1 in 20 players has XVM installed.

Most players I’ve seen rant at the start don’t have XVM installed.  They just want to rant and will complain about tank types, maps, or something.

seaeagle #43 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 16:43

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 1338 battles

The truth will always exist. I can hide my stats from other players, but I cant hide them from myself.

I will keep my tomato garden visible.

GeoMonster #44 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 19:01

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 32002 battles
  • [MUG-D] MUG-D

View PostShaolinWombat, on Dec 20 2018 - 09:17, said:

The last XVM mod had about 116k total downloads. There are still more than 2m active players. So only 1 in 20 players has XVM installed.

Most players I’ve seen rant at the start don’t have XVM installed. They just want to rant and will complain about tank types, maps, or something.

Not sure where you get your data from.  Some MOD packs include XVM so you don't have to (ASLAIN).  In tiers 7 and above I SEE that about 50% of the players are using XVM.  In the lower tiers, usually 20% tops. 

Burning_Haggis #45 Posted Dec 21 2018 - 01:24

Captain

• Players
  • 44268 battles

View PostRonCopeland, on Dec 20 2018 - 03:30, said:

"considering" means won't ever happen

Fixed it for you

RagnarokBazil #46 Posted Dec 21 2018 - 01:29

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23515 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY
Quicky baby is crying over this i say good BAN XVM THANK YOU WG

firemedic1428 #47 Posted Dec 21 2018 - 02:43

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14333 battles
The sad part is I don't need XVM to tell who is bad or good. All I have to look at is their map position and their ability to react to changes on the minimap. 

Tyrion_Lannister #48 Posted Dec 21 2018 - 02:45

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24982 battles
  • [REBEL] REBEL

View Postseaeagle, on Dec 20 2018 - 10:43, said:

The truth will always exist. I can hide my stats from other players, but I cant hide them from myself.

I will keep my tomato garden visible.

i love it, lol  i think this guy just proved the point we were all making yesterday. 

Edited by Tyrion_Lannister, Dec 21 2018 - 02:46.

firemedic1428 #49 Posted Dec 21 2018 - 02:45

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14333 battles

View PostTrauglodyte, on Dec 20 2018 - 10:04, said:

I highly doubt anyone is focusing on you, let alone all three arty in a game.  Since 90% of your battles are in TDs, which means that you're humping a bush in the back, nobody is seeing you.  And, since you're a sub-50% player, despite teal recents, you're not doing anything to get anyone's attention.  So, how about you stop fibbing about arty focus.  You should probably adjust your comment to read:  I am focused by all three arty at the end of 70% of my games because I'm finally spotted...

Except is is XVM focus when it happens in your Meds and Lights all match, even in positions where arty has to get to unusual locations to hit you. 

Tyrion_Lannister #50 Posted Dec 21 2018 - 03:03

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24982 battles
  • [REBEL] REBEL

View PostBurning_Haggis, on Dec 20 2018 - 19:24, said:

Fixed it for you

well not so fast , circonflexes has stated that war gaming has confirmed that every change teased in the 30 second video will 100% be happening in wot so ill keep the faith in WG . https://www.youtube....?v=nvODaqfzc_Q  now go to 16:40 in his video. 

atila_xD #51 Posted Dec 21 2018 - 03:16

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7447 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostRaynorShyne, on Dec 20 2018 - 02:24, said:

Stay in place forever, or drive in straight line and I'll still zap your @$$

Signed: he who could care less about XVM

Oh wow thats a big yikes, TK incoming

Hellsfog #52 Posted Dec 21 2018 - 03:19

Major

• Players
  • 35199 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN
I wish Wg would make it so I could hide from my stats. 

Codewriter #53 Posted Dec 21 2018 - 03:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 50186 battles
  • [BOND2] BOND2

View PostDouble_O7, on Dec 19 2018 - 20:23, said:

Got your name tattooed on my wrist dude. So I can come get you in my new wheeled tank

This should be a mod...add players name to a kill-on-sight-regardless-what team mod...lol...:)

RustySqueak #54 Posted Dec 21 2018 - 04:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20605 battles

View PostColonelShakes, on Dec 20 2018 - 08:07, said:

Viewing player stats outside the game is fine.  

WG acknowledged that in game it can be a detriment to fair play.  Many perceive they are being focused down.  

Vanilla WOT without mods has both view circle and server ping.

Holding the right mouse button does not indicate player skill, sorry.  

Also sorry to hear your skin is so thin you had to turn off PMs. Some choice comments come through after matches.  Some are priceless.

Back to false padding with your T29.  Enjoy.

The vanilla client does not provide in-garage ping, which is useful for deciding not to even play if the packet traffic is bad.  The vanilla client does not provide dynamic circle changes for binocs or arty shooting range.  Not knowing about the right mouse button is a sign of very low skill (it's taught in the 5 minute boot camp), which is a very basic, essential skill for being able to block damage while maintaining situational awareness.  You have an excellent record in the M4, enjoy!  Are you a stat padder?  Yes, I sometimes have a thin skin, but I don't ask WG to eliminate something from the game when they have already provided a tool, I use their tool.  It's not like this is a new issue.

Directing focus fire during the game based upon stats, I can see that argument against that specific feature of xvm.  But the OP seemed to be mostly bothered by the chat directed his way.  And I'm saying disparaging chat will continue at a brisk level even with the removal of in-game stats, there will just be a 2 minute delay before the comments start.

_Tsavo_ #55 Posted Dec 21 2018 - 04:48

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 43402 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

I don't think straight up hiding stats is the way to go, it's good to be able to verify the source of advice, claims, and reviews/tactics.

To kill XVM/win chance/oh-woe-is-me-pathetic-defeafist-scum, why not just show the tanks of the enemy team and not their names or clan tags?   Boom, done.   We can't chat with the enemy, so why even bother having their names now? 

Tyrion_Lannister #56 Posted Dec 21 2018 - 05:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24982 battles
  • [REBEL] REBEL

View Post_Tsavo_, on Dec 20 2018 - 22:48, said:

I don't think straight up hiding stats is the way to go, it's good to be able to verify the source of advice, claims, and reviews/tactics.

To kill XVM/win chance/oh-woe-is-me-pathetic-defeafist-scum, why not just show the tanks of the enemy team and not their names or clan tags?   Boom, done.   We can't chat with the enemy, so why even bother having their names now? 

in my opinion its way better off being random and not knowing.  instead of now where  people see what percentage of a chance they have to win.  Most of the time its always people complaining about that very chance. In rare instances ive seen people just straight kill them selves in the first 30 seconds, just because they didnt like the odds xvm gave them.  you also say its a good way to verify advice. dose this mean u dont take advice from people below your 58% wr ? ( nj btw).  there also not going to kill/remove xvm there just giving people the ability to hide stats in battle. 

NeatoMan #57 Posted Dec 21 2018 - 06:23

Major

• Players
  • 27026 battles

View PostTyrion_Lannister, on Dec 20 2018 - 23:30, said:

in my opinion its way better off being random and not knowing.  instead of now where  people see what percentage of a chance they have to win.  Most of the time its always people complaining about that very chance. In rare instances ive seen people just straight kill them selves in the first 30 seconds, just because they didnt like the odds xvm gave them.  you also say its a good way to verify advice. dose this mean u dont take advice from people below your 58% wr ? ( nj btw).  there also not going to kill/remove xvm there just giving people the ability to hide stats in battle. 

People did that loooong before XVM was ever a thing, and will continue to do so.  XVM is just a convenient excuse for something they would do anyway.

When I first started, players that <esc> to garage before the game was over would have their tank explode as soon as they quit.  I frequently would see tanks blow up at the outset of games, and this was years before XVM was ever a thing.  WG changed it so that those tanks wouldn't blow up, but stayed in game, so then we just got a bunch of afks and HP pinatas for the other team.  Then they instituted penalties for inactivity, so these same people started drowning to get out of battle early.  It's just a different method to do what they always have been doing.     XVM or not, these same people will keep doing whatever gets them out of battle fastest.

Edited by NeatoMan, Dec 21 2018 - 15:08.

Reaper9_MQ #58 Posted Dec 21 2018 - 07:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 26793 battles

View PostTyrion_Lannister, on Dec 20 2018 - 02:07, said:

im more then happy to see that they are considering removing the ability for everyone to see everyone elses stats with a mod.  its my opinion but xvm basically made this game one of the most toxic games i have ever played.  if its not someone stat shaming someone its someone complaining  the game is "rigged" . LOL rigged because there top tier is not red,purple, blue or what ever the heck xvm addicts see.  how can u say the game is rigged? this change cant come any sooner. it will be such an improvement i cant wait.   so thats my opinion, is anyone else happy about this ?

source :

https://worldoftanks...sneak-preview/     news article.

https://www.youtube....?v=25LRPraccEI           video in the article on youtube where they actually mention it.

Yes! I am happy  if it happens also. i had to turn off my chat because of my stats and some bullying player used my stats to try and humiliate or embarass me. A sore looser and a stat nerd. There is no purpose for  others to see your stats. 

_Bagheera_ #59 Posted Dec 21 2018 - 10:48

Major

• Players
  • 35337 battles
  • [ICON-] ICON-

View PostTolos, on Dec 19 2018 - 19:42, said:

The change will not make one bit of difference to how " toxic " the game is. Not one. 

Have to disagree with you. You have NO IDEA how many times some guy has drowned in a lake in my games because "HURR DURR XVEEE EEEMM SAYS I LOOOZE"

One of those games cost me a nearly 6k damage game in my Canarvon AX right after the marathon. I had carried so hard i was almost outta ammo. I died to a guy on 100 hp

The guy that drowned...if he had literally fired ONE bullet. ONE SHOT I would have won that game. Instead he xvm yolos into a lake. This happens time and time and time again and every single time if the guy b!@$%#$ing about xvm win statistics shot as much as he typed we would have won handily. 

The other major headache is "U STOOPID POTATO UR DUMB WHY R U IN TOP TEIR" from some archair patton

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. His stats are complete garbage and definitly inferior to mine. No im not yanking my own chain its a statement of fact. the dude is usually sub 50% and the guy he is whining about 90% of the time ACUTALLY DOES HIS JOB DECENTLY. HE however is too busy crying about what XVM is telling him instead of shooting the dam gun. Now I'm no new person to in game salt. But 

I DONT RUN XVM. I call stupidity when it rears its ugly head though actions, (anyone driving type 4 or 5 heavies will assumed to be horrible), misplays and poor positioning. I do not and WILL NEVER AGAIN do ti because some color on some MOD that needs to die in a horrible fire tells me some guy has poor stats. I saw an RU251 completly save a game today from perfectly time retreats, passive scouting and flanking shots in Campinofka today. He knew EXACTLY when to run, how to read the map, kill feeds and ALSO managed nearly 4k damage in a tier 10 game...Dude was 49%...Im in a Pimped out T30 and just played lucky cleanup with a paltry 2k. 

I CANT EVEN PULL 4k in LIGHTS. IM HORRIBLE IN THEM.But XVM says he's a baddy....

Another fine example? Maus scout on Capinofka. I immediatly assumed when he announced he was driving straight across. (oh great, another youtube 40% moron in a Maus)

But you know what. I shut my dam mouth and fired at what he spotted. he nearly got to thier cap circle...by that time 3/4's of thier team was dead and I was sitting on the easiest 3k damage of my life. Again...49%er...Sometimes stupidity works...and it cannot be calculated by a Percentage. Judge them by how they drive and a bit less by what that stupid [edited]mod says, unless you are recruiting. 

THis is the biggest blessing ive ever seen coming to WOT. IM not thrilled about the gold ammo nerfs but I'll take this and everything else coming in 2019 if only XVM dies. 

Edited by _Bagheera_, Dec 21 2018 - 10:54.

ImaKillYou #60 Posted Dec 21 2018 - 10:51

Captain

• Players
  • 27403 battles
  • [-GENT] -GENT
No need for XVM to snipe "Good" players. WG has supplied all the neat lil markers next to player name. Got a purty "13"? BOOM. Have a Gold badge? BOOOM. Fancy purple B? BOOOM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users