help suggestions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Battlecruiser_Hawaii #1 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 14:32

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4704 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR

hay, I’m trying to figure out what I’m doing wrong. I am currently grinding up the STB-1 line and have moved on from the STA-1 to the type 61. Loving the T9 over the T8, the gun is a much-loved upgrade. But my issue is I can’t quite figure out what I’m doing wrong. My win rate is in the toilet compared to the STA-1 but all my other statistics have gone up. I’m doing more damage, hitting more shots, and killing more tanks. But my win rate went from a 59.7% on the STA-1 to a 43.21% on my type 61. I am playing the tank about the same I did with the previous one, which is a 2nd line support tank as nether have armor but decent guns. At first I thought it was because of the match maker but at a t9 I am never seeing +2 match making while as a t8 I saw a lot of it. Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?

Insanefriend #2 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 14:39

Captain

• Players
  • 45409 battles
Tier nine has just been brutal this week, lots of people off for the holiday that you don't normally see in the queue.  This changes the way battles play out and you might need to adapt to the changes.

Fireplace4 #3 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 14:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30632 battles
If you're doing more damage than your health and killing more than you're being killed as well as not waiting until the end of the game to get involved then it's probably just not enough data points. Just keep playing and the winrate should sort itself out

gunz222 #4 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 14:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 30678 battles

View PostBattlecruiser_Hawaii, on Dec 20 2018 - 08:32, said:

hay, I’m trying to figure out what I’m doing wrong. I am currently grinding up the STB-1 line and have moved on from the STA-1 to the type 61. Loving the T9 over the T8, the gun is a much-loved upgrade. But my issue is I can’t quite figure out what I’m doing wrong. My win rate is in the toilet compared to the STA-1 but all my other statistics have gone up. I’m doing more damage, hitting more shots, and killing more tanks. But my win rate went from a 59.7% on the STA-1 to a 43.21% on my type 61. I am playing the tank about the same I did with the previous one, which is a 2nd line support tank as nether have armor but decent guns. At first I thought it was because of the match maker but at a t9 I am never seeing +2 match making while as a t8 I saw a lot of it. Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?

How many battles have you played in the Type 61? It is possible your data set is too small to draw real conclusions from just yet. 

As a side note, T9 is my favorite tier to play, even with all the silliness associated with holiday events. Good luck! 

Battlecruiser_Hawaii #5 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 15:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4704 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR

View Postgunz222, on Dec 20 2018 - 08:56, said:

How many battles have you played in the Type 61? It is possible your data set is too small to draw real conclusions from just yet. 

As a side note, T9 is my favorite tier to play, even with all the silliness associated with holiday events. Good luck! 

sorry should have been in the original post. it's not a question of data points, the STA-1 has 134 games played and the type 61 has 162 games played. 

Almighty_Johnson #6 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 16:49

Major

• -Players-
  • 26220 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

That's just the RNG of team composition.  I was in a Win Rate slump for a couple weeks.  Still steadily increasing my Damage and Kill/Death ratio, watching my WN8 still climb, but I couldn't pay for a win.

I think Win Rate is largely a matter of luck until you hit a certain point, then it breaks over.  If you are carrying yourself and several teammates, you will have a win rate up to (arbitrarily) around 52%.  To get beyond that you need to "carry harder"

I carry myself and consistently can provide damage and kills to carry at least 2 others.  It's not quite enough to carry a whole game yet.  Someday, hopefully, I will.

Till then, I just keep an eye on my damage and kills and as long as those stats keep improving, I ignore win rate.

Also tagged with help, suggestions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users