[ST] Premium Ammo Rebalance

• Please log in to reply
328 replies to this topic

Memelordthylordofmemes #321 Posted Jun 02 2019 - 21:38

Private

• -Players-
  • 532 battles

View PostPuppies_Of_Pestilence, on Jun 02 2019 - 07:26, said:

I'd really like to see a system where people need to think about their ammo loadouts and were those, "special shells," can be ideal in certain situations but horrible in other. Such as the more armor that gets penetrated the more damage gets done with special rounds because it would create more spalling inside the tank. While less armor that gets penetrated = less damage just because less spalling would occur inside the vehicle hit. Just a thought, give players a reason to think about their ammo loadout and when they should switch rounds. 

Like 88mm L/71 AP, It has 203mm pen but armor needs to be 175mm or above to do the full 240 damage?
APCR has a smaller projectile so it will pen 237mm but will need 206mm and up to do full damage
And HE will do full damage on pen regardless.

Am I getting the idea?

EliotXII #322 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 12:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11754 battles
  • [TRIB] TRIB

literally as I read it "now an immortal self-looser medium will come in front of you to unload your front or your weaknesses and you will die without being able to do anything!"

and still to improve it will continue the imbalance, a T6 falling against T8, now if it was a Tier A maximum as "1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10" then it would try to improve!

RNG needs to be extremely reduced that at various times becomes inconveniently annoying, you take a lot of time aiming for the RNG to arrive and make the shot fall on the ground.

Edited by EliotXII, Jun 05 2019 - 13:24.

Ebonsilk #323 Posted Jun 05 2019 - 15:56

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30992 battles
Considering the buff of the health pool for tanks, the increased AP and HE round damage and the unchanging damage for APCR, HEAT and HESH, this is merely a fancy dance around the fact this is a nerf to 'gold' rounds.  Why not just come out and be forthright about it.  "We're nerfing the damage from premium rounds but keeping their enhanced penn."  There.   No having to tune tank health pools or AP/HE damage variables.  Much simpler, to the point, and way less BS.  Doing a dog and pony show to dilute the fact thats essentially what is going on here.  All you're doing is giving rise to the age of the super-heavy tanks as the new war gods. 

ddraig_goch_ #324 Posted Jun 06 2019 - 12:25

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5256 battles
  • [74TH] 74TH

View PostRebelsquadro, on Apr 02 2019 - 01:01, said:

I am sorry if this has already been mentioned but I have an idea that is worth considering. What if instead of changing stats on premium ammo or re-balancing tanks, a new statistic was added to the game that tracked how much premium ammo a player on average uses? Have this stat negatively affect a players WN8? I would wager those who are big on gold spamming are the same who are doing everything they can to inflate their WN8. If the stat was visible in the client (e.g. avg premium rounds/regular rounds fired) you maybe able to stat shame players who fire nothing but premium.

I do not know coding or how complicated it would be to implement this but this would require no re-balancing of tanks or changing of premium rounds what-so-ever.

Just a thought.

This is a valid idea, except that WN8 isn't a WG stat. If WG banned XVM this might work, but don't expect that to happen either.

Power creep, maps that need enlarging, RNG of 25%, tanks with god armor, majority low tier game play, and the focus is on prem ammor.. really???  The fix on the test server, is just a buff for the heavies and TD's tanks that don't have a problem with prem ammo. I can't see this as a fix. I guess WG wants a 3 tank class game. HVY, TD, SP. I see heavy camping ahead, i won't play if every game goes 15min. so bring it on.

RagnarokBazil #325 Posted Jun 08 2019 - 12:05

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25154 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY

View PostWraytl, on Jun 06 2019 - 06:25, said:

This is a valid idea, except that WN8 isn't a WG stat. If WG banned XVM this might work, but don't expect that to happen either.

Power creep, maps that need enlarging, RNG of 25%, tanks with god armor, majority low tier game play, and the focus is on prem ammor.. really???  The fix on the test server, is just a buff for the heavies and TD's tanks that don't have a problem with prem ammo. I can't see this as a fix. I guess WG wants a 3 tank class game. HVY, TD, SP. I see heavy camping ahead, i won't play if every game goes 15min. so bring it on.

They used the wn8 idea to Screw with peoples minds..

cloudwalkr #326 Posted Jun 08 2019 - 18:48

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56092 battles

The amount of people crying "WG doing this because unicums cried" will never cease to give me a solid chuckle.

Do you people really think that .01% - 2% of a community is really going to be the deciding factor in what happens in that game?  I don't, and would argue that if WG had actually listened to what majority of 'unicums' asked for...we'd have an arguably better game right now than we do.

Basically, keep living in your echo chambers and thinking its a small group of people causing every change in the game.  It's pretty funny.

Anyway, back to it...

Hound60 #327 Posted Jun 08 2019 - 21:14

Private

• Players
  • 42662 battles
  • [G-M-U] G-M-U

I see just upping reg, damage 10 to 15 % lowering prem. 10 to 15& and leave hp pools alone

fireraiserbr #328 Posted Jun 23 2019 - 09:08

Sergeant

• Players
  • 61089 battles

you wanna shoot gold, fine shoot gold. you miss with gold? povresiiiitoooo HAHHAHAHAHAH

but the credit earning is not based on who shot what, is based on damage primarily

so yeah be crazy and spam gold like a maniac, but for that fun you had one battle, youll have to grind credits one way or another. or, sit eventually with 0 credits and a bunch of tanks that need repairs in garage

and yeah, wargaming making money selling lots of premium time for anybody who needs

Edited by fireraiserbr, Jun 23 2019 - 21:29.

fireraiserbr #329 Posted Jun 23 2019 - 21:35

Sergeant

• Players
  • 61089 battles

View Posttaugrim, on Dec 20 2018 - 18:56, said:

Before talking about any solution, it's key to understand the two issues with premium ammo in its current state:

1. it is a huge credit sink that puts pressure on the player to spend real money on things (e.g. premium subscription, premium tanks) to boost their credit income

2. it invalidates the heavy armor of tanks, while leaving those tanks having to deal with all the downsides of bearing heavy armor (poor mobility, poor hull traverse, poor turret traverse, etc)

I'm going to focus on #1 above, because the proposed solution fails to address it.

Reducing the alpha on premium ammo, but still retaining the high cost, does not at all fix the "pay for advantage" (P4A) problem. There are many cases where the silver round won't penetrate, and even if you reduce the damage on the premium round, you're basically forcing the decision: 0 damage or some damage at a higher cost.

Anything that requires customers to pay more for particular ammo is a credit sink and therefore favors paying customers. It's incredibly unhealthy for F2P players, which keep a population healthy and may convert to paying customers.

Literally zero MMO PVP games with meaningful populations - and I do mean zero - support a "magic arrow that costs more" mechanic like WoT does. It's incredibly unhealthy for the game's population and gives WoT a bad reputation.

The best solution would for WoT to adopt a system like what Armored Warfare implemented:

I. all rounds cost roughly the same - therefore no P4A issue
II. all rounds have tradeoffs, so it forces decisions on the player based on the target

E.g.:
A. APCR: highest pen, low damage
B. AP: high pen, medium damage
C. HEAT: med pen, high damage
D. HE: low pen, highest damage

This is the most fair system for all players, paying or F2P.

pretty interesting  post by taugrim, who has almost full loadout AP in his youtube videos, defending the GOLD NOOBS

this is the main reason i stuck with his youtube channel . the superunicum community contributor that plays with AP.

showed me how can you be a top player shooting AP mostly. respect for that

Edited by fireraiserbr, Jun 23 2019 - 21:37.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users