How 6th Sense works?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

LeepII #1 Posted Dec 21 2018 - 21:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23632 battles
  • [VETO] VETO
I have been killed without my 6th sense going off multiple times.  I understand blind shots happen, but there are times where it is clear the other person actually saw me vice blind (tracking me behind multiple bushes after 1st shot etc).  I was told by one Unicrum that 6th sense is not 100%.  Does anyone know the percentage that your 6th sense will work?  Does it vary based on the opponents camo or some other dynamic factor?

dagengster #2 Posted Dec 21 2018 - 21:15

Major

• Players
  • 14101 battles

It takes 3 seconds from when youre spotted to when 6th sense goes off. So people already had 3 seconds to aim and shot at you before it goes off. If they were already preaimed near you and you get spotted you will probably get shot before the 3 second 6th sense delay.

it works 100% of the time

Best thing to do is to predict if youre gonna get spotted when shooting. If Im in a light tank shooting from a bush, I will always fall back immediately after shooting. If the 6th sense triggers after im in cover, I know theres a scout somewhere near by and because I already fell back, I didnt get shot. If it doesnt I know its probably safe to keep shooting from that spot. Use 6th sense as an tool to evaluate risk not a primary indicator on when to fall back.

Da_Craw #3 Posted Dec 21 2018 - 21:48

Major

• -Players-
  • 27418 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View PostLeepII, on Dec 21 2018 - 14:10, said:

I have been killed without my 6th sense going off multiple times.  I understand blind shots happen, but there are times where it is clear the other person actually saw me vice blind (tracking me behind multiple bushes after 1st shot etc).  I was told by one Unicrum that 6th sense is not 100%.  Does anyone know the percentage that your 6th sense will work?  Does it vary based on the opponents camo or some other dynamic factor?

There are two main ways people get killed without 6th Sense going off.  The first, as already noted is the 3 second delay.  The second is that you were previously spotted and never actually went dark again. 

Edited by Da_Craw, Dec 21 2018 - 21:48.

DrWho_ #4 Posted Dec 21 2018 - 22:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 23786 battles

View PostLeepII, on Dec 21 2018 - 21:10, said:

It is 100% as such but there times when it doesn't go off even though you've clearly been spotted. This used to be a bug that happen more often but lately I can't say it's happening too much

Most times people think it should have gone off though is because of the reasons explained above, especially the "permaspotted" thing. I tend to be a bit impatient myself and this thing bites me more often than I like

LeepII #5 Posted Dec 22 2018 - 11:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23632 battles
  • [VETO] VETO

Been killed in this exact scenario more than once.  Never spotted,  Double bushed.  Suddenly get shot, start to back up receiving fire that follows my turns.  Lose all of my health over multiple shots, way over 3 seconds.  No 6th Sense notification.  I once called a guy out for cheating because of this.  He stated it is not 100%.

crossedarrows #6 Posted Jan 06 2019 - 00:54

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 28491 battles
Most maps have well-known camping spots.  Blind-shooting them actually works.  You can usually tell if you hit someone or not.  If you do hit, keep shooting until you no longer hit something!

QuicksilverJPR #7 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 18:25

Major

• Players
  • 27880 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

There are times where it does not go off when it should.  I have sent in tickets to support with it.  There are also times that it goes off when there is literally one opfor tank left on the map, and I am completely out of render range of said tank, and somehow I get lit.

Both types of vids sent to support in the past, both with no reasonable explanation or actual resolution.  They called it a bug.  Bugs in this game are also sometimes known as a "feature"...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users