Invite a friend and get loot boxes

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

sp1ttfire #61 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:01

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 35690 battles
  • [BWSO] BWSO

Yeah, this is ridiculous. My daughter has been wanting to start an account and play tanks with me for a while now. I thought that getting 5 LARGE loot boxes would be a fun way to start out. Maybe she'd get something good out of it, if nothing else, she'd get at least 1250 gold. No, instead we get 5 SMALL loot boxes. What good are 5 small loot boxes 2 days before the whole Christmas event ends? Who would have ever thought that they meant SMALL loot boxes. As other have pointed out, I could have given her an invite code to get a Churchill III and some gold which is worth A LOT more than 5 small loot boxes. I have already submitted a complaint ticket and everyone else who participated in this promotion should as well. This was a BLATANT deception on the part of wargaming and they need to fix it now and give all of us at least 5 large loot boxes, if not more as a gesture of goodwill. What a joke.

24cups #62 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:17

Major

• Players
  • 24368 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Postsp1ttfire, on Jan 11 2019 - 11:01, said:

Yeah, this is ridiculous. My daughter has been wanting to start an account and play tanks with me for a while now. I thought that getting 5 LARGE loot boxes would be a fun way to start out. Maybe she'd get something good out of it, if nothing else, she'd get at least 1250 gold. No, instead we get 5 SMALL loot boxes. What good are 5 small loot boxes 2 days before the whole Christmas event ends? Who would have ever thought that they meant SMALL loot boxes. As other have pointed out, I could have given her an invite code to get a Churchill III and some gold which is worth A LOT more than 5 small loot boxes. I have already submitted a complaint ticket and everyone else who participated in this promotion should as well. This was a BLATANT deception on the part of wargaming and they need to fix it now and give all of us at least 5 large loot boxes, if not more as a gesture of goodwill. What a joke.

Just have her make another account with the Churchill code. No need to go ballistic. 

santa_lol #63 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:50

Private

• Players
  • 10144 battles
  • [I-IF] I-IF

View Post24cups, on Jan 11 2019 - 16:17, said:

Just have her make another account with the Churchill code. No need to go ballistic. 

I don't think it was the point.

Of course you can make another new account to get better rewards.

Also you can say "Hey, you getting free stuff and yet you complain about it", again, not the point.

Point is:

Look at big youtubers/streamers, they all have all the tanks unlocked/bought, 100k+ gold, 100m+ credits but yet they get excited when someone gifts them few boxes (big loot boxes) here and there and they rush to open them.

WG just decided to feed of people again by manipulating their marketing. I wonder how many people would use that code if in the email it said "5 small loot boxes", my guess would be 0.

Anyhow, don't really see the point of us trying to say anything here, WG doesn't listen anymore and they don't care. They have their base of people that are ready to throw money at them any time they come up with another OP premium.

mlinke #64 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 22:02

Captain

• Players
  • 52827 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S
They are really small boxes??? I really do not believe that they screwed us so much, who the f. cares about small boxes. Not my recruit for sure!! Hvat a travesty!! Fraud!! I even sent a ticket and got repply that I got them today. It was only crap 5 small boxes. What a fraud!!

KingBillyHerrington #65 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 22:23

Private

• Players
  • 8371 battles
They will do noting till the event ended. Then someone from WG will just stand out and say it was a misleading ad and nothing's gonna change. Guys just shut up and play or leave. 

FullMetalPants #66 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 22:27

Private

• Players
  • 26965 battles
Confirming that I only received small boxes (which have always been "free"), and so far my recruit hasn't gotten anything.  Another Wargaming bait and switch. I stopped playing for 6 months last year after they pulled similar shenanigans, and I'll probably take another hiatus this year.  Great recruiting event, when it causes long time players to take a break from the game because they are tired of your BS.

mlinke #67 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 22:30

Captain

• Players
  • 52827 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View Postbuster1903, on Jan 11 2019 - 16:58, said:

To WG,
My 15-year-old nephew is over for the holidays and I decide to try to get him interested in a game I’ve been playing for years. The game has an incentive right now to start your own account. So, set him up did everything as they say, got our 5 SMALL lootboxes today. As a new player he gets “holiday ops ornaments”, a fire extinguisher and a token amount of endgame credits. Remember this is a game about tanks destroying other tanks! Now I’m trying to explain to him why he’s getting tinsel and candles to decorate a tree in this tank game. 
Way to go WG. 
Looks like we will be finding another game to play together.

I have exact same thing going on. My nephew is 11, it is hard to get him going for something other than a minecraft. Took me a lot of time and 4 hour coaching to get him playing. Ofc when he got crap, I got on his live black list. He oficially hates me for fooling him. 

This WG crap is not going to end well. I have put another ticket demanding explanation and they just sent me a log that I have got the boxes and opened them already. I demanded to get an adult to solve this crap so we ll see what will happen.

This is the worst screw up ever. Worst because they screwed me always, now they screwed with my reputation and my family.

mlinke #68 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 00:12

Captain

• Players
  • 52827 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S
This is the answer on a ticket I have opened. I think you all guys should open tickets and demand true prizes. I hope one who makes decisions will get to hear about this if enough of us rises their voice. I believe that those guys thet answer the tickets cant do much and I am not angry at them, they did all they could.

Hello mlinke,

Thank you for the quick response!

I can see how it disappointed you with the rewards from the event. We personally can't blame you as to why you are feeling this way. 

For now, the best thing that we could do is to forward this as a feedback to our developer team for them to know the pulse check of our players.

Rest assured that our developers are doing their best to check all the feedback and suggestions that we forward to them since that is their way to check what our players need and what needs to improve for us to have a better gaming experience.

In the meantime, we highly suggest to keep your eyes peeled for upcoming events or updates 
here.

We hope that despite any negative experiences you had, you continue to enjoy the game for all its positive aspects.

Have a nice day!

arrrgh #69 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 06:45

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 70228 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

My friend just emailed me, he got back from vacation and logged in, no boxes.     I assume I didn't get mine either.....but if its the pathetic small boxes, I might not have noticed among all the others I got from missions. 

Its ludicrious that they would give small boxes, when I could have got him one of the many promocodes for a tier 5 prem and 7 days.   Way more useful than xmas boxes.  Boxes he won't even get, because you know they won't check the ticket till after the event is over.  

Trying to onboard a new player, and then saying.  Nope, you are not getting [edited], but you can start a new account and do it all over again.....yeah, not going to happen.   That is not how on-boarding customers works. 

Edited by arrrgh, Jan 12 2019 - 06:48.

This_Dan_Guy #70 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 18:11

Private

• -Players-
  • 8099 battles
  • [W-UN2] W-UN2
Totally misleading crap on WG's part. My friend that joined at my encouragement for this hasn't even gotten his "small" boxes and just thinks WG is ripping players off. So no more playing for him. Just incredibly stupid.

Diesel__2 #71 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 18:45

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4591 battles
Who, in their right mind, would invite a friend to play this game? ;)

tiegermp #72 Posted Jan 13 2019 - 18:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 40489 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

Recieved a reply from my support ticket:

SOLVED

Hello tiegermp,

Thanks for contacting Wargaming Support.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We're currently looking into this and have notified the development team. We'll be updating this once we have any information back from them.

Good luck and see you on the battlefield.

................................................................................................

Good morning

I received my 5 "Loot Boxes" for inviting one of my friends to join War Gaming and World of Tanks. 5 Small boxes? Really? I wanted to take a second and thank War Gaming for nothing. What I really wanted to say was where you could stick those 5 boxes, but lesson learned. Screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me. You will never get the oppertunity to screw me over again. I cannot tell you enough how much of a sour taste this manipulative and downright unethical promontion has left on myself and many other gamers that fell for your deception. My wallet is now closed and rather than promoting your game I will be doing the opposite. Talk about a cheap low class act..................so sad what your company has disintigrated down to. Worse is the lack of response on the Forums and the clearly ignoring an issue that has upset many of the people that try to enjoy and promote your game.

tiegermp #73 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 15:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 40489 battles
  • [J4F] J4F
Hi tiegermp,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We've verified that the proper boxes have been given out during this promotion.

We're sorry to hear that this isn't to your liking but we appreciate the feedback you've given to us.

Should you need any further [edited]istance, feel free to get back to us any time.

Good luck and see you on the battlefield.

ATruk #74 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 16:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 55677 battles

I would say this is typical of most WG announcements. 

Since this is just a video game I enjoy, it doesn't make sense to get too upset. I appreciate WG efforts to create, maintain and improve this game and willingly support with my wallet. 

I do not appreciate being mislead by the announcements and marketing going on. A more ethical and honest approach would be good. So I amend "willingly support with my wallet" to "cautiously support with my wallet". I mean it is so bad I confirm the details of Premium Shop specials by submitting a ticket to confirm what I think they mean before I spend. 

Last survey I got was the question "Would you recommend this game to others?" or something like that. I can tell you I wished my answer could have been 10. 

Whether it is mission or event or sale announcements that will cost you time, money, or reputation, proceed with caution. 

Copacetic #75 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 16:44

Captain

• -Players-
  • 46113 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS
This would be hilarious if not so pathetic...always expect the least with WG

venom286 #76 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 21:29

Captain

• Players
  • 42255 battles
lol cant believe you guys thought you would get large loot boxes this is wg we are talking about here 

Atragon #77 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 21:39

Major

• Players
  • 43127 battles

EVERYONE GOT FINE GIFTS!!!!!!!! Whats all the complaining about ? Well actually, I hear some didnt get any gifts or the gifts were so fine, they couldn't see them.

Fine sand would be tiny grains right ?

VIZITKAYAROSHA #78 Posted Jan 16 2019 - 05:12

Private

• -Players-
  • 22141 battles

View PostAtragon, on Jan 15 2019 - 21:39, said:

EVERYONE GOT FINE GIFTS!!!!!!!! Whats all the complaining about ? Well actually, I hear some didnt get any gifts or the gifts were so fine, they couldn't see them.

Fine sand would be tiny grains right ?

what did my friend get?

NightmareMk9 #79 Posted Jan 16 2019 - 05:54

Major

• Players
  • 34886 battles
  • [ZOUTH] ZOUTH

The person I invited with the code got literally nothing (I received 5 Small Boxes). 

And yes, they completed the Training/Boot Camp and we played about 6 games together in a platoon (Including a Winning game).

VIZITKAYAROSHA #80 Posted Jan 16 2019 - 08:00

Private

• -Players-
  • 22141 battles
But they donated about 500 big boxes to bloggers. To each.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users