• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

1984BigBrother #1 Posted Dec 23 2018 - 03:17

Competitive Gaming Manager

• Administrator
  • 16781 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Tankers,

You may have noticed that there are not any tournaments for Sunday or next week.

Don't worry tournaments will return January 5th, after the holiday break!

Also starting in 2019 we will not be posting a monthly tournament schedule. Instead, we will be making a post for every tournament as it goes live on the portal. This will help us better gather feedback on each tournament, better inform you of changes or issues (hopefully not often), and not have as many inconsistencies with start times (especially if there are changes)

The "Back to Basics" (more standardized format) will continue into the new year. You will see more groups of 6, 8, 10 round robins (with variations to prizing, tier, and map), and less testing new formats until we are in a place where we are consistently delivering tournaments without any issue.

Lastly, I wanted to take a second to thank each of you and wish you all a Happy Holidays.

- Big 

F4U_wingman #2 Posted Dec 23 2018 - 03:38

Captain

• Players
  • 86967 battles
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU

Ok.. have a nice vacation and see you next year. 

Thank You for you support :)

RNGesus__Giveth #3 Posted Dec 23 2018 - 04:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 39932 battles

i thought vacation had already started months ago with all the bugs and stuff....

JK. GL HF and happy holidays

RECON_RANGER #4 Posted Dec 23 2018 - 05:04

Major

• Players
  • 40572 battles

Thanks BigBrother for the update.

Great job with tournaments this year.  The tournaments have been flawless since you decided to stay with a more standardized format which works very well for tourneys.  

As you are aware, I tend to like the smaller tournaments because in my opinion the larger ones are easier for clans to recruit and are also very similar/idential to clan wars (strong holds).  Please try and keep in mind that Clan Wars players get gold, bonds and other prizes in Clan Wars while non-clan members don't and with the demise of Tank Rewards tourneys are the only way for non-clan members to get gold. 

Also, for non-clan players it is much harder to recruit 8, 10 or even 12 players with back-ups to play in a tournament so you are essentially making these larger tourneys for players in clans to play against other players in clans when they already play together nightly or at least weekly in clan wars for gold and other prizes.   

I am not saying don't do them, but I hope you will continue with 1v1's, 2v2's, 3v3's and 4v4's too and not completely focus on 6v6, 7v7 and especially 10v10 formats.   

Have a happy holidays. 

Casual_Boops #5 Posted Dec 23 2018 - 05:22

Captain

• -Players-
  • 34945 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

10-team round robins would take forever, IMO. The 6v6 today had 7 teams in the group and took an hour and 45 minutes which is pretty long to go without any interruptions.

Just my opinion/feedback though.

cloudwalkr #6 Posted Dec 23 2018 - 06:26

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56324 battles

Hope all of you working so hard to better this game have a good holiday as well.  Even messy tourneys are still better than no tourneys and I'm very thankful they were brought back.

Edit:  I also agree that larger group round robins would take forever.  

Edited by cloudwalkr, Dec 23 2018 - 06:28.

AdmiralDrake #7 Posted Dec 23 2018 - 12:53

Captain

• Players
  • 38026 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View Post1984BigBrother, on Dec 22 2018 - 21:17, said:

Tankers,

You may have noticed that there are not any tournaments for Sunday or next week.

Also starting in 2019 we will not be posting a monthly tournament schedule. Instead, we will be making a post for every tournament as it goes live on the portal. This will help us better gather feedback on each tournament, better inform you of changes or issues (hopefully not often), and not have as many inconsistencies with start times (especially if there are changes)

The "Back to Basics" (more standardized format) will continue into the new year. You will see more groups of 6, 8, 10 round robins (with variations to prizing, tier, and map), and less testing new formats until we are in a place where we are consistently delivering tournaments without any issue.

Lastly, I wanted to take a second to thank each of you and wish you all a Happy Holidays.

- Big 

Thanks, we appreciate what you do for both tournaments and the clan community. Keep up the good work. The tournaments have been a bumpy ride to say the least but at least you're working hard to get it right. Have a happy holidays, merry Christmas and a happy new year.

spedkey #8 Posted Dec 23 2018 - 18:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15618 battles

Thanks for the heads up. I really hope next year the tournaments work better.

View Post1984BigBrother, on Dec 22 2018 - 23:17, said:

I'm inclined towards smaller groups, that way we can do a tourney in ~1 hour.

I know some may want more teams in the group and the appropriate better prizing, but please if you increase the teams give many options: make several tournaments with different requirements for commitment

Crabalanche #9 Posted Dec 23 2018 - 19:22

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 56675 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER
Enjoy the vacation your whole tournament team needs it! Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year! Thank you for bringing the tournaments back, and I look forward to them next year.

iov89 #10 Posted Dec 23 2018 - 20:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 32679 battles
  • [RO-TD] RO-TD

Hi there! Thx for the update. Some sugestions/requirements:

1. Please bring back the tournaments at 14:00 PT or even 09:00- 10:00 PT - you guys did it a few times at 09:00 PT and it was full each time. 18:00 PT is IMPOSSIBLE for us the europeans( like 03:00 - 04:00 AM)- the only chance for us to get some gold are the torunaments. I understand that Friday is not ok at 14:00 for most of the people- but at least Saturday and Sunday! 

2. Try more often 4 vs 4 or bigger

3. Put serious amount of GOLD/BONDS/FREE XP as prize.

Looking forward for 2019 tournaments. 

Happy Holydays!

dnash #11 Posted Dec 23 2018 - 23:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 37094 battles

View Postiov89, on Dec 23 2018 - 19:41, said:

Hi there! Thx for the update. Some sugestions/requirements:

1. Please bring back the tournaments at 14:00 PT or even 09:00- 10:00 PT - you guys did it a few times at 09:00 PT and it was full each time. 18:00 PT is IMPOSSIBLE for us the europeans( like 03:00 - 04:00 AM)- the only chance for us to get some gold are the torunaments. I understand that Friday is not ok at 14:00 for most of the people- but at least Saturday and Sunday! 

2. Try more often 4 vs 4 or bigger

3. Put serious amount of GOLD/BONDS/FREE XP as prize.

Looking forward for 2019 tournaments. 

Happy Holydays!

you have your own server in EU for that reason so its not a bad time for u to play

Naproxeno_ #12 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 02:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8457 battles
  • [HUMO] HUMO
Hope you can fx the tournaments missions

Naproxeno_ #13 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 02:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8457 battles
  • [HUMO] HUMO
Please briing more 5vs5 6vs6 and 7vs7 thats are the good ones!
And more gold... this december was sad in gold rewards.

BlazeZero #14 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 10:00

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 32782 battles

View Post1984BigBrother, on Dec 22 2018 - 21:17, said:

Tankers,

- Big 

If you want to grow tournaments you're really going to have to take a good hard look at your prizing. Pittances of gold, smatterings of bonds, and handfulls of boosters are not going to keep people interested for very long. I've had several old school tournament players stop by my TS and ask about tournaments being back and when I tell them about the prizing structure they all pretty much say "Eh not worth my time". I know you said you want to have a "Back to Basics" format until you figure your system out but you need to do that faster. Come on man, you've had 6+ months to fix this crap and the only thing you've managed to figure out is what DOESN'T work. Get it done because these simple formats are not going to keep people interested for long, and the payouts certainly are not going to help you there either. Old tournaments were as popular as they were not just because the rewards were wonderful for nearly everyone, they were popular because there was a huge variety of them that kept us coming back to see what was going to come next. Finally you really need to get rid of this stupid battle share system. I've said it before and I'll say it again, it creates a multitude of problems while trying to solve one that never was an issue to begin with. If you want to do something like that properly, take a page out of Dance210's handbook and have a simple minimum battle requirement to receive full rewards. This stuff isn't anywhere near as hard as you're making it, just pull your heads out of your asses and do this properly.

Oh one more thing, 3-4 tournaments a week is really not that much. We used to have skirmishes that would take 2 hours for 3 days of the week and single elimination brackets for 3 more days. You guys should shoot for 5 tournaments a week minimum. More tournaments allows players and teams to get better faster but will also allow you to balance small and large team sizes better. I'm of the opinion that bigger team sizes is better all around but I'm not going to say that we shouldn't have small tournaments at all. Simply have more, and let the players chose what they want to play in.

RECON_RANGER #15 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 14:29

Major

• Players
  • 40572 battles

View Postpickpocket293, on Dec 23 2018 - 05:22, said:

10-team round robins would take forever, IMO. The 6v6 today had 7 teams in the group and took an hour and 45 minutes which is pretty long to go without any interruptions.

Just my opinion/feedback though.

Good point.

It would be nice to keep the tourneys under 1-hour unless the payouts are larger, but if the payouts continue to be smaller then please shorten the tourney lengths to 1-hour.  A 90-minute tournament is quite long unless the prizing justifies it. 

RECON_RANGER #16 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 14:33

Major

• Players
  • 40572 battles
Please also fix the bond payout issue.  It is very hard for the players to keep track of a payout coming days or weeks later.  I am still owed 2,400 bonds from the last two tourneys and have been sending myself emails to keep track of it for me and my team. 

Edited by RECON_RANGER, Dec 24 2018 - 14:34.

Naproxeno_ #17 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 15:45

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8457 battles
  • [HUMO] HUMO

View PostRECON_RANGER, on Dec 24 2018 - 13:33, said:

Please also fix the bond payout issue.  It is very hard for the players to keep track of a payout coming days or weeks later.  I am still owed 2,400 bonds from the last two tourneys and have been sending myself emails to keep track of it for me and my team. 

Same.

_Murdock_o7 #18 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 18:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 34936 battles
  • [NEPE-] NEPE-
Please, correct the waiting times between each battle, it is ridiculous that a 1vs1 Tournament with 5 or 6 battles, in total lasts 1 hour and 20 minutes. Battles that in total do not last more than 7 minutes, have 13 minutes of waiting, it's just a waste of time ...

cavalry11 #19 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 19:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49619 battles
  • [11BAT] 11BAT
What is a EU server doing complaining about  NA start times, do his own tournaments or STFU. More tournaments of diverse types is preferred.

RECON_RANGER #20 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 20:25

Major

• Players
  • 40572 battles

View Post_Murdock_o7, on Dec 24 2018 - 18:54, said:

Please, correct the waiting times between each battle, it is ridiculous that a 1vs1 Tournament with 5 or 6 battles, in total lasts 1 hour and 20 minutes. Battles that in total do not last more than 7 minutes, have 13 minutes of waiting, it's just a waste of time ...

Agreed, especially on maps like Ensk, Mines, Erlenburg, Wide Park and just about any Encounter Map where there is nowhere to go and no tactics involved other than drive toward the cap, locate the enemy, and shoot them. 

There was a tier 8 2v2 on Ensk and each battle was over in 4 minutes and then we had a 10-12 minute wait after EVERY BATTLE.  The battle length should be based on the map so that 6 minutes is more than enough time for Ensk encounter.  If you need more time, go play ARTY in randoms. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users