Just stop. Pointless complaining

MM Arty Gold Premium Rounds I didnt get a box Stat Padding Seal Clubbing Special Ponies

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

RaynorShyne #1 Posted Dec 23 2018 - 21:00

Captain

• Players
  • 27634 battles

Fought four battles so far this morning:

1. Lakeville:  Normally, the problem is how many tanks your team is sending to the valley - leaving the city unguarded, and 4 folks wanting to 'guard the middle'.   Not today.  Nope.  14 tanks go 1/2 way into the city.  By the time they get the idea that we have three French lights on our cap (who ran up completely unopposed through the valley) they decide to turn around, ignore the city, and try to fight 'sniper style' from the corner.  Of course the enemy team sent their heavies to the city, so now what's left of my team is caught in a double-pincer trap and dies quickly.  
    • This had jack diddly squat to do with the MM
    • Premium rounds/gold spamming were irrelevant for the numerous flank shots my team offered up
    • Arty was also negligible
  2. Overlord:  To beach, or not to beach?  That is normally the question.  Beach is seldom the answer.  My team decided to defy the odds and send nine (yes, n-i-n-e) tanks down to the beach.  We were capped out before they had a chance to return.
    • Premium rounds/gold spamming were irrelevant for the numerous flank shots my team offered up
  3. Redshire: A couple meds and a heavy to the castle, heavies to the blimp and the other lights/beds cover the center?   LOL - no, that would be silly.  EVERYONE STORM THE CASTLE!  Battle lasted five minutes, at least.  I *think* we got 3.
  4. El Halluf:  The most frustrating.  A platoon of AMX 13-75's though it'd be 'funny' to suicide-dive off the cliffs.  We're down 0-3 in the first 45 seconds.   Battle was closer than expected, but we would up on the losing end.

Stop.  

Stop blaming others for your mistakes

Stop blaming arty for your death.  Unless you haven't noticed, every player on the other side is trying to kill you.   It's part of the game.  The opposing team has to deal with your arty too.

Stop blaming the MM, or whining about the "winning odds" your Mod is telling you.

Stop screaming "HACKS" when a player with 55K battles overall and 2K battles in his chosen tank just outfought you and bounced your shots by properly angling his or her hull.  Learn from it.

Stop arguing about stats by pointing at someone elses stats.

Play.

Get better

Win graciously

Lose even more graciously

LEARN either way

shinglefoot #2 Posted Dec 23 2018 - 21:13

Major

• Players
  • 25072 battles
:honoring:

Flarvin #3 Posted Dec 23 2018 - 21:21

Major

• Players
  • 54883 battles

What fun would it be stopping “pointless complaining?”

The forum would be a ghost town without “pointless complaining” threads. lol

RaynorShyne #4 Posted Dec 23 2018 - 21:26

Captain

• Players
  • 27634 battles

Yeah, people might actually hve to talk about substantive things, or offer assistance and help to struggling players.   

Such as:

• The Lemming Train:
    • Don't do this.  Seldom does leaving a flank exposed lead to victory.   It's tactically unsound.  A decent enemy scout will realize your mistake and alert their team.   If their team has deployed evenly, you're hosed.
      • As a caveat.  Yes.  I know your friends uncles cousin who played the game once with a friend in 2016 had a online friend who said it worked 'back-in-the-day'.   Got it.  
    • If your team does this, make a decision quick:  Do you lemming and try for the 5% possibility it'll work, or do you make the principled 'lone defender stand'?  Up to you.   Blame arty.  That always works.
    • If you're arty.  Follow the train.  It's gonna hurt.
  • Positioning
    • DONT FIGHT OVER A SPOT
      • Some 'moron' get your sweet sniper spot at K5 on the Cliff?  Let him have it.  Find another.  Chances are, the arty on the other team knows that spot too.   
      • Similarly, don't use the tank in front of you as a meat-shield.   Badness is going to happen
        • Don't BE the tank that HAS to be in front - until the bad guys appear, then you toss it in reverse and never let off the gas

Edited by RaynorShyne, Dec 23 2018 - 21:34.

gmotoman #5 Posted Dec 23 2018 - 21:27

Captain

• -Players-
  • 29474 battles

View PostRaynorShyne, on Dec 23 2018 - 21:00, said:

1. Lakeville:  Normally, the problem is how many tanks your team is sending to the valley - leaving the city unguarded, and 4 folks wanting to 'guard the middle'.   Not today.  Nope.  14 tanks go 1/2 way into the city.  By the time they get the idea that we have three French lights on our cap (who ran up completely unopposed through the valley) they decide to turn around, ignore the city, and try to fight 'sniper style' from the corner.  Of course the enemy team sent their heavies to the city, so now what's left of my team is caught in a double-pincer trap and dies quickly.  
  2. Overlord:  To beach, or not to beach?  That is normally the question.  Beach is seldom the answer.  My team decided to defy the odds and send nine (yes, n-i-n-e) tanks down to the beach.  We were capped out before they had a chance to return.
  3. Redshire: A couple meds and a heavy to the castle, heavies to the blimp and the other lights/beds cover the center?   LOL - no, that would be silly.  EVERYONE STORM THE CASTLE!  Battle lasted five minutes, at least.  I *think* we got 3.
  4. El Halluf:  The most frustrating.  A platoon of AMX 13-75's though it'd be 'funny' to suicide-dive off the cliffs.  We're down 0-3 in the first 45 seconds.   Battle was closer than expected, but we would up on the losing end.

Stop.  

Stop blaming arty for your death.  Unless you haven't noticed, every player on the other side is trying to kill you.   It's part of the game.  The opposing team has to deal with your arty too.

Stop blaming the MM, or whining about the "winning odds" your Mod is telling you.

Stop screaming "HACKS" when a player with 55K battles overall and 2K battles in his chosen tank just outfought you and bounced your shots by properly angling his or her hull.  Learn from it.

Play.

Get better

Win graciously

LEARN either way

Pointless complaining (bold) in a post about pointless complaining.  I do love these forums.

Edited by gmotoman, Dec 23 2018 - 21:28.

Seditious #6 Posted Dec 23 2018 - 21:33

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 216 battles

Thanks for the lecture professor.

Just to clarify, anyone that doesn't agree with you is complaining right?

That said, I am curious, is everything always perfect the way it is or is there room for improvement?  If there is room for improvement, how does one recommend it without 'complaining'?

seaeagle #7 Posted Dec 23 2018 - 21:43

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 1338 battles
Everybody complains about something. 

RaynorShyne #8 Posted Dec 23 2018 - 21:49

Captain

• Players
  • 27634 battles

View PostSeditious, on Dec 23 2018 - 14:33, said:

That said, I am curious, is everything always perfect the way it is or is there room for improvement?  If there is room for improvement, how does one recommend it without 'complaining'?

No.  I would hate to think you were that clueless.

"MM SUCKS"    - this is complaining.

"The current 3-5-7 MM seems flawed, I think a 5-5-5 would be better" - is an argument.  This (IMO) is forum worthy.

"STOP SPAMMING GOLD!!" - is pointless and shows ignorance to a business model.

"The over-use of premium ammunition is throwing the game off balance and is negating most of the advantage of heavy armor tanks, and making their reduced mobility a pronounced liability"  is a well thought-out argument.

How does one suggest improvement without complaining?  Easy.  By suggest improvement without complaining.   Have a point.  Make an argument.  Be (somewhat) intelligent with your reply.

RaynorShyne #9 Posted Dec 23 2018 - 21:52

Captain

• Players
  • 27634 battles

View PostSeditious, on Dec 23 2018 - 14:33, said:

BTW:  200 battles - 90 comments.  This your grief account, or are you just not experienced in the game?  If it's the latter - there are a lot of guides in the newcomers forum.  

Seditious #10 Posted Dec 23 2018 - 21:58

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 216 battles

View PostRaynorShyne, on Dec 23 2018 - 21:52, said:

BTW:  200 battles - 90 comments.  This your grief account, or are you just not experienced in the game?  If it's the latter - there are a lot of guides in the newcomers forum.  

While I was going to attempt to discuss with you the post above this, this post pretty much sums you up.  It's not about the discussion it's about the argument huh?  Dissing people over their stats trashes any credibility you might have been struggling for.  

Kevin said it best, "Merry Christmas......"

the_Deadly_Bulb #11 Posted Dec 23 2018 - 21:59

Major

• Players
  • 28285 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

OP, haters gonna hate.

Nothing you or anyone else can do about that.

The anonymity of the internet brings out the best in people.

For some puking out complaints is their best. 

awildseaking #12 Posted Dec 23 2018 - 22:26

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13337 battles
  • [NEET] NEET
The fact that everyone can improve is irrelevant with regards to whether or not unbalanced and unfun game mechanics are a problem.

Edited by awildseaking, Dec 23 2018 - 22:35.

The_Boz #13 Posted Dec 23 2018 - 22:30

Captain

• Players
  • 9705 battles

View PostSeditious, on Dec 23 2018 - 12:58, said:

While I was going to attempt to discuss with you the post above this, this post pretty much sums you up.  It's not about the discussion it's about the argument huh?  Dissing people over their stats trashes any credibility you might have been struggling for. 

Anyone with a Subaru emblem instantly loses any credibility on intelligence...

BEASTY_BUCKEYE #14 Posted Dec 23 2018 - 22:48

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 37966 battles

View PostRaynorShyne, on Dec 23 2018 - 14:00, said:

Stop.  

Play.

Get better

Win graciously

LEARN either way

Well said op. So many have the its never my fault complex.  I think for a lot of people, accepting responsibility equates to admitting failure, which is painful.  Therefore, whether we realize it or not, we go into denial or re focus the blame onto someone or something external to alleviate the pain.  And for some the pain runs deep with this game.

RaynorShyne #15 Posted Dec 23 2018 - 22:52

Captain

• Players
  • 27634 battles

View PostSeditious, on Dec 23 2018 - 14:58, said:

No - gaining context.  If you TRULY only have 200 battles - it shows your inexperience - especially in this game which takes several thousand battles to understand an is never truly mastered.   If it's a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th account, it would explain another, totally different perspective.  

Edited by RaynorShyne, Dec 23 2018 - 23:34.

Bolted_On #16 Posted Dec 23 2018 - 23:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 64303 battles
  • [SFL] SFL

Complaining about complaining .....  :facepalm:

Dubious information from someone who plays the majority of their battles in a tier FIVE German arty.

RaynorShyne #17 Posted Dec 23 2018 - 23:52

Captain

• Players
  • 27634 battles

View PostBolted_On, on Dec 23 2018 - 16:34, said:

Complaining about complaining .....  :facepalm:

Dubious information from someone who plays the majority of their battles in a tier FIVE German arty.

I have a career 348 battles in the Grille?   How is that the majority?  

If you want to Stat-shame (because that's helpful and completely invalidates my point) go for the 1567 battles in the Tier 3 Soviet arty.   Of course, I haven't played the SU-26 in five years, but the numbers are there, so hammer away.

Is this where I counter with the fact that you're less than a 50% player?  That makes me a man, right?

That your greatest number of single vehicle battles is a tier 6?  Does that make me feel good?  No.

So, the 'lemming train' is 'suspect' information?   Do YOU regularly rant and blame others for your mistakes?   Sorry if I was to infer personal accountability.   

I've already pointed out I'm what's wrong with the game: http://forum.worldof...0#entry11877810

...and I've had novel ideas before: http://forum.worldof...2#entry11917222

I can only assume you're looking at infographics - which is like LAZY stat shaming.   My 'most played' tier is tier V.  You got me.  19% of my total battles.  Yawn.  ok

A full 40% of my battles are in German vehicles.    You got that one too.   

Now, your DUBIOUS logic leap that the "majority" of my battles (25,733 - a majority would be 12,867) are in Tier 5 German Arty, when I have 348 is a travesty of public school math.  The "Most battles in a German vehicle" is 1,138.  It's my Tier X arty.   Chances are I may have got you once or twice.

Edited by RaynorShyne, Dec 24 2018 - 00:07.

ProfessionalFinn #18 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 00:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 26395 battles

"Stop blaming arty for your death.  Unless you haven't noticed, every player on the other side is trying to kill you.   It's part of the game. "

Yup.

Oh the irony, whining about getting shot or shot-at while playing shooting combat game. 

Ironclad73 #19 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 00:07

Major

• -Players-
  • 23199 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostFlarvin, on Dec 23 2018 - 12:21, said:

The forum would be a ghost town without “pointless complaining” threads. lol

Maybe, but it sure would be a huge improvement and more enjoyable. Just imagine, just people asking for advice/help or others with tips/information. 

Yah right, not likely to happen.

Flarvin #20 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 00:24

Major

• Players
  • 54883 battles

View PostIronclad73, on Dec 23 2018 - 18:07, said:

Maybe, but it sure would be a huge improvement and more enjoyable. Just imagine, just people asking for advice/help or others with tips/information. 

Yah right, not likely to happen.

But that ain’t fun. lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users