Just stop. Pointless complaining

MM Arty Gold Premium Rounds I didnt get a box Stat Padding Seal Clubbing Special Ponies

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

SporkBoy #21 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 01:28

Major

• Players
  • 48802 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
Enough people complained loud and long enough WG nerfed v4, 'special' ammo, MM reworked and all tank lines getting tweaked.

RaynorShyne #22 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 02:22

Captain

• Players
  • 27558 battles
  • [-REM-] -REM-

View PostSporkBoy, on Dec 23 2018 - 18:28, said:

Enough people complained loud and long enough WG nerfed v4, 'special' ammo, MM reworked and all tank lines getting tweaked.

Was that because they pouted like crybabies or because a reasonable discussion was had, backed be empirical evidence suggesting that the v4 was out-of-balance? 

Sigh

I'm not saying complaints shouldn't be aired.   However Ray Charles can see the boards are full of narcissistic, over-the-top Drama Queens ranting and raving about everything.    

Korvick #23 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 03:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 2119 battles

Thank You Raynor.  Good post.  Pretty much sums it up.

And before people start stat shaming, this is my alt NA account.  I moved to ASIA account years ago with my main.  And boy was that a mistake....

Seditious #24 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 03:44

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 216 battles

View PostThe_Boz, on Dec 23 2018 - 22:30, said:

Anyone with a Subaru emblem instantly loses any credibility on intelligence...

Inline and V dopes just don't understand a torque curve.

Korvick #25 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 03:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 2119 battles

View PostSeditious, on Dec 23 2018 - 20:33, said:

Thanks for the lecture professor.

Just to clarify, anyone that doesn't agree with you is complaining right?

That said, I am curious, is everything always perfect the way it is or is there room for improvement?  If there is room for improvement, how does one recommend it without 'complaining'?

Just to clarify, he never said anything about "anybody that doesn't agree with him is complaining".  He was pointing out constant and pointless and often WRONG things that people are complaining about.

While I agree that everything is not perfect, I reckon TAKING THINGS OUT OF CONTEXT is a good way to make things less perfect.

If there is room for improvement, you can start by correctly reading the things posted.  Even snarky, smart [edited]comments can have validity if they are correct.

Seditious #26 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 03:50

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 216 battles

View PostRaynorShyne, on Dec 23 2018 - 22:52, said:

No - gaining context.  If you TRULY only have 200 battles - it shows your inexperience - especially in this game which takes several thousand battles to understand an is never truly mastered.   If it's a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th account, it would explain another, totally different perspective.  

I'll presume your earnest, perhaps I am a fool.  Do you not see that also is not addressing a point?  Rather it is trying to undermine or avoid the point rather than addressing it?

Korvick #27 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 04:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 2119 battles

View PostSeditious, on Dec 24 2018 - 02:50, said:

I'll presume your earnest, perhaps I am a fool.  Do you not see that also is not addressing a point?  Rather it is trying to undermine or avoid the point rather than addressing it?

I'd like to think he was more making a comment about pointless complaining.  Also, I feel the irony of complaining about complaining is in itself supporting the point rather than undermining it.  But then again, maybe I'm just being a hopeless optimist?  It's Xmas after all :)

And yes, I'm stuck at work on Christmas Eve with almost nothing to do but still have to be here for the next few freaking hours.  (I'm in Sydney, Australia)

Seditious #28 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 04:06

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 216 battles

View PostKorvick, on Dec 24 2018 - 03:47, said:

Just to clarify, he never said anything about "anybody that doesn't agree with him is complaining".  He was pointing out constant and pointless and often WRONG things that people are complaining about.

While I agree that everything is not perfect, I reckon TAKING THINGS OUT OF CONTEXT is a good way to make things less perfect.

If there is room for improvement, you can start by correctly reading the things posted.  Even snarky, smart [edited]comments can have validity if they are correct.

Welcome to the WoT forums.  Very well posted.  I am not representative of the folks you'll find here, I appreciate your ability to post well.

That said, people here have become exceptional at reading into a post what they want it to say.  Our OP is no exception.  Others have become prolific at twisting arguments on the location of a comma.  I would suggest that there is a lingering overlying point to the OP's post that I was addressing.  This is not his first rodeo.  I would also suggest that perhaps you have read into my comment more than was there.  In my view, OP was not complaining about complaining as much as he was complaining about specific complainers.  That's my take at least, it has a very pro-arty lean to it.  I submit the OP is just trying to stir up the pro/anti discussion once again.  And hey, why not, lots of folks seem to get lots of entertainment from it.

Honestly, thanks for your post, keep at it.

RaynorShyne #29 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 04:07

Captain

• Players
  • 27558 battles
  • [-REM-] -REM-

View PostSeditious, on Dec 23 2018 - 20:50, said:

Seditious  (a curious adjective, meaning to incite or cause people to rebel against authority) I'm not 'waxing poetically.  

You're 'point' is vague.  Be blunt, pithy, and have substance.

Seditious #30 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 04:10

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 216 battles

View PostKorvick, on Dec 24 2018 - 04:04, said:

I'd like to think he was more making a comment about pointless complaining.  Also, I feel the irony of complaining about complaining is in itself supporting the point rather than undermining it.  But then again, maybe I'm just being a hopeless optimist?  It's Xmas after all :)

And yes, I'm stuck at work on Christmas Eve with almost nothing to do but still have to be here for the next few freaking hours.  (I'm in Sydney, Australia)

Sorry about the work bit.  Would you like me to talk to the boss?  I am sure I can get you out of there right away.  Wait, is that job important to you?  Maybe I shouldn't then.

Merry Christmas from the high dessert.

sleeper_agent #31 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 04:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 30427 battles

Where is the applause button OP? 

Well said.

Seditious #32 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 04:11

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 216 battles

View PostRaynorShyne, on Dec 24 2018 - 04:07, said:

Seditious  (a curious adjective, meaning to incite or cause people to rebel against authority) I'm not 'waxing poetically.  

You're 'point' is vague.  Be blunt, pithy, and have substance.

And we're back to the beginning.

Tell me this, do you think your original post helped the community in any way?  As I pointed out in another response, it seems tilted to me, did I read it wrong?  Goadingly tilted as it were.

Perhaps I should have a drink, you get one too.

RaynorShyne #33 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 04:12

Captain

• Players
  • 27558 battles
  • [-REM-] -REM-

View PostSeditious, on Dec 23 2018 - 21:06, said:

Welcome to the WoT forums.  Very well posted.  I am not representative of the folks you'll find here, I appreciate your ability to post well.

That said, people here have become exceptional at reading into a post what they want it to say.  Our OP is no exception.  Others have become prolific at twisting arguments on the location of a comma.  I would suggest that there is a lingering overlying point to the OP's post that I was addressing.  This is not his first rodeo.  I would also suggest that perhaps you have read into my comment more than was there.  In my view, OP was not complaining about complaining as much as he was complaining about specific complainers.  That's my take at least, it has a very pro-arty lean to it.  I submit the OP is just trying to stir up the pro/anti discussion once again.  And hey, why not, lots of folks seem to get lots of entertainment from it.

"In my view, OP was not complaining about complaining as much as he was complaining about specific complainers."

Wrong.  Completely.   Utterly.

It's a "pro-GAME" post.  It could be considered an "Anti-Lemming-Train" post.   A more astute person with a bit of a military-tactician viewpoint would see that it was a "pro screen-line defense" post.  

You have to DIG DEEP to see that as a 'pro-arty-antagonist' posting.  

At this point, you're not a newbie - you're a narcissistic troll.  

Korvick #34 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 04:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 2119 battles

View PostSeditious, on Dec 24 2018 - 03:06, said:

Gads, you think these forums are bad, you should look at the WoT Asia forums.  Wear something non flammable.  Or actually, don't look :)

Seditious #35 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 04:17

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 216 battles

View PostKorvick, on Dec 24 2018 - 04:15, said:

Gads, you think these forums are bad, you should look at the WoT Asia forums.  Wear something non flammable.  Or actually, don't look :)

I'm gonna take the don't look advise.

Korvick #36 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 04:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 2119 battles

View PostRaynorShyne, on Dec 24 2018 - 03:12, said:

"In my view, OP was not complaining about complaining as much as he was complaining about specific complainers."

It's a "pro-GAME" post.  It could be considered an "Anti-Lemming-Train" post.   A more astute person with a bit of a military-tactician viewpoint would see that it was a "pro screen-line defense" post.  

Your post was pretty much everything I've seen recently.  Play like an idiot and then blame the game.  They forget that the ONLY common denominator is Themselves.

This is a TEAM PvP game.  Which means real people are involved in both sides of the equation.  Of course, my general opinion of human intelligence has taken a battering lately ....

Seditious #37 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 04:22

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 216 battles

View PostRaynorShyne, on Dec 24 2018 - 04:12, said:

And he's off ladies and gentlemen.

Was it necessary then to include the lines MM didn't do that, arty didn't do that?  Two of the most prominent issues on the forums?  I would say that it can be reasonably interpreted that you were attempted to stir the pot.

You can certainly say that your words were not taken as you meant them, but then to take umbrage at the suggestion kind of underlies that stance.

Thanks for the label, Santa's watching you know...

Silver_Griffin #38 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 04:49

Private

• -Players-
  • 225 battles
  • [C92] C92

View PostSeditious, on Dec 24 2018 - 04:22, said:

And he's off ladies and gentlemen.

Was it necessary then to include the lines MM didn't do that, arty didn't do that?  Two of the most prominent issues on the forums?  I would say that it can be reasonably interpreted that you were attempted to stir the pot.

You can certainly say that your words were not taken as you meant them, but then to take umbrage at the suggestion kind of underlies that stance.

Are you speaking to an imaginary audience of your own making?

It's a 'stop pointless complaining' thread.  To wit: the commonality was:

• This had jack diddly squat to do with the MM
  • Premium rounds/gold spamming were irrelevant for the numerous flank shots my team offered up
  • Arty was also negligible

Thus 'unwise playing and loss of independent thought' was leading people to 'follow the leader' and play in a silly fashion.   The typical complaints would then be either "MM SUCKS", "GOLD SPAMMERS" or some version of derogatory comments about the artillery players whom, no fault of their own, had little impact on the depicted fights.

That's pro-arty?  Lower the medication.

Silver_Griffin #39 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 04:51

Private

• -Players-
  • 225 battles
  • [C92] C92

View PostSeditious, on Dec 24 2018 - 04:22, said:

An Internet troll is a member of an online social community who deliberately tries to disrupt, attack, offend or generally cause trouble within the community by posting certain comments, photos, videos, GIFs or some other form of online content.

It's not a label - rather an accurate observation

RaynorShyne #40 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 04:53

Captain

• Players
  • 27558 battles
  • [-REM-] -REM-

View PostSilver_Griffin, on Dec 23 2018 - 21:51, said:

An Internet troll is a member of an online social community who deliberately tries to disrupt, attack, offend or generally cause trouble within the community by posting certain comments, photos, videos, GIFs or some other form of online content.

It's not a label - rather an accurate observation

LOL that's not a 'pointless complaint" - that was well said  :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users