Type 59 E25 Tank recolor Recolor tank JLDragon recolor remodel remodel tank

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

JLdragon #1 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 05:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18684 battles
  • [MISF] MISF

Here are a few of my latest recolor creations, I am giving the Remodel part a small break but still working on some projects and some chop-shop on the tanks have to be done to achieve these Tank recolors.

Software programs used:

Coffee_'s Tank Expoter Utility (used to extract .DDS files, export Tank model as .FBX for editing in 3DS Max)

Photoshop CC 2017 (primarily 3D painting)

3DS Max 2017 (used to seperate tank body sections and remove clutter for painting)

Graphics:

Shutterstock - Margotts Portfolio and Zoulgraphic's Portfolio - Literally 1000's of high detail vehicle vector graphics.

I will leave some minor information of the tanks afterwards. None are available at this time for download. I am still in the process of finalizing them and messing with the AO.DDS files for Camo abilities..

E-25 Black -N- Red Edition

Time spent: approx 5 hours

Type 59 Digital Orange Edition

Currently having to rework this tank. the camo Reveal is not working properly.

Type 59 JLD B n'R Edition

Latest Additions to my Recolors

M36 Jackson Red White & Blue Edition

The Tanks are 100% full body recolors - underskirts, sidewall, underbelly so even if you flip your tank, you will still have something cool to see.

Edited by JLdragon, Feb 18 2019 - 02:05.

JLdragon #2 Posted Dec 25 2018 - 20:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18684 battles
  • [MISF] MISF

If you like these Tank recolors and Remodels, and would like to request one for yourself, Please send me a Personal message with Details of what you would like here or Leave a reply on my Remodel Page. JLD's Chop Shop

Please Read the First reply made by me for details on what all I can and can not do within those limitations.

More Tank remodel and recolors to come. For the time being I am only doing some recolors since I am steadily improving my workflow to complete them a little bit faster each time.

Edited by JLdragon, Dec 30 2018 - 19:52.

JLdragon #3 Posted Dec 30 2018 - 19:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18684 battles
  • [MISF] MISF
M36 Jackson (Slagger) RWB Edition added.

JLdragon #4 Posted Jan 21 2019 - 06:17

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18684 battles
  • [MISF] MISF

After much digging across the forums I am in the process of learning and messing around with the camouflage files.. I have not yet attempted the recolor (which requires editing of the actual C1-C3 and C4(alpha channel) part of these, but i do know which .xml to go about this..

I am able to change the pattern of the 2 color and 1 color with transparency camouflage patterns. As I learn more on these I will post more images..

But for now here 2 customs ones I just finished.

Type 62 Joker Remodel 2 Tone Winter Skulls Camo

Type 62 Joker Remodel Single Tone w/ Transparency Summer Skulls Camo

I have only been able to locate the Nation only Camo files at this time.. Not sure where the non historical, mission / campaign reward, and or special events (holiday) ones are at this time.. still on the search for them.. They are not located in the usuall shared content sandbox ones that i have noticed yet, although I might have over looked them..

I have answered what I didnt bother doing.. I have found the rest of the camouflage .DDS files, WG has them spread across the nation folders in the shared content pkg files..

BTW if anyone is trying to do the same..

• In the past Editing American and or Russian Camo .DDS files have resulted in game crashes. However i do not know if this is ONLY related to the Nation based camo's OR all Camo .DDS files that are stored in the Camo Folder... I will be testing and will post results when done..
  • MAKE SURE to save the file as DXT 5 with interpolated Alpha and Generate MipMaps..
  • Otherwise might possibly crash game or not work properly..
  • After editing camo files while game is open.. the tank swap option does not work to check to see if works or show progress..
  • MUST restart game to see results.

I will be sending a request to Coffee_ to see if this is something that can be added into his Tank exporter program. (would make checking progress much easier then having to restart game everytime I try a camo pattern recolor / swap).

Edited by JLdragon, Jan 21 2019 - 06:53.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users