installation path not found or not available. please select another folder for installation

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

TigerWarrior13 #1 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 18:05

Private

• -Players-
  • 746 battles
Good Morning,  I just bought a budget PC for my kids and the game they want to play most on this machine is WoT.  I am trying to install the game (using wargamings Game center), but it says "installation path not found or not available.  please select another folder for installation​".  I'm guessing a security setting is preventing me from using that folder, but to be honest, I have no idea.  Can anyone help a total computer noob get this game installed before Christmas?   Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Manimal__ #2 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 18:48

Major

• Players
  • 40472 battles

View PostTigerWarrior13, on Dec 24 2018 - 09:05, said:

Good Morning,  I just bought a budget PC for my kids and the game they want to play most on this machine is WoT.  I am trying to install the game (using wargamings Game center), but it says "installation path not found or not available.  please select another folder for installation​".  I'm guessing a security setting is preventing me from using that folder, but to be honest, I have no idea.  Can anyone help a total computer noob get this game installed before Christmas?   Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

I had a similar problem reinstalling the game onto my laptop. You need at least 30gigs of space to install the game. I believe HD download will need more space. Your security settings shouldn't interfere with the installation. If you think it is, turn your anti-virus off, install the game, then turn it back on.

TigerWarrior13 #3 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 19:12

Private

• -Players-
  • 746 battles
I have an empty hard drive, so I doubt that is it.  You could very well be right about the anti-virus.  I will give that a try and report back.  Thanks!

TigerWarrior13 #4 Posted Dec 25 2018 - 14:37

Private

• -Players-
  • 746 battles
i think I figured it out.  When I clicked the installation path, I had to right click on the folder "grant permission", while within the game client.  Thanks for trying to help me out!

Cemly_Soy #5 Posted Dec 28 2018 - 07:15

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
It works, but after install ROM the battery discharges very quickly and heats up... I think that incorrectly exposed file permissions because if I flash system folder with setting symlinks and get the support from  fix epson printer error code 031008 because this type of error occurs due to the system issue.  

JdgDReDD #6 Posted Dec 30 2018 - 16:33

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 50820 battles

wot used to have a nasty issue of locking one file in the game folder , only way to fix it was to boot to dos and force it to delete manually.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users