Match Maker MM

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

boseri #1 Posted Dec 28 2018 - 06:38

Corporal

• Players
  • 31730 battles
  • [DBLTG] DBLTG
When is Wargaming going to do away with 3 tier matches? Tier 8 tanks cannot compete with tier 10 tanks. If Wargaming were to simply make every match a 1 or 2 tier match I don't see how anybody could ever complain about the game ever again. There are more than enough players now to make this possible and better to make this fix to the Match Maker now, while there are still enough players to make this possible. Otherwise, the players are all going to end up leaving to play other games.

BrightlyWrought #2 Posted Dec 28 2018 - 06:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 29087 battles
  • [DBLTG] DBLTG
I think this ought to be possible.  This has already been done for tiers 1-3.  It would require re-balancing certain premiums vehicles, but what is stopping this?

Buttknuckle #3 Posted Dec 28 2018 - 08:53

Major

• Players
  • 48357 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

Tier 8s have always seen tier 10s. It has been this way since inception (probably billions of battles). To say they cant compete is flat our wrong. They can, it is just more difficult.

Also it used to be 4+ match making and people complained, they changed it to 2+ and people complain, if they change it to 1+ people will still complain.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #4 Posted Dec 28 2018 - 11:49

Major

• Players
  • 33036 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostBrightlyWrought, on Dec 28 2018 - 12:42, said:

I think this ought to be possible.  This has already been done for tiers 1-3.  It would require re-balancing certain premiums vehicles, but what is stopping this?

You must be new here.  Premium vehicles cannot be nerfed because of consumer protection laws.

Omega_Weapon #5 Posted Dec 28 2018 - 11:59

Major

• Players
  • 50111 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View PostBrightlyWrought, on Dec 28 2018 - 00:42, said:

Half of the tiers in game are already limited to +1 matches or better. As you said, tiers 1, 2, and 3 are +1/-1. Tier 9 is +1/-2 and tier 10 is +0/-2. So they only need to fix 5 more tiers really. The issue with being 2 tiers down in a fight (as mentioned already by Buttknuckle) isn't that bottom tiers can't compete at all, but they need to be played with high skill to compete in even a limited sense. I enjoy being -2 once in a while for the added challenge, but it should be the minority of our matches (like 30% or less). In the end though the ability to balance all the tanks in this game would be improved 100% if +1/-1 match making was instituted as a general rule and that is why I support the idea.

Omega_Weapon #6 Posted Dec 28 2018 - 12:05

Major

• Players
  • 50111 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Dec 28 2018 - 05:49, said:

You must be new here.  Premium vehicles cannot be nerfed because of consumer protection laws.

There are 2 ways around the issue. They can offer full refunds for nerfed premium vehicles (as they did with the Super Pershing), or they can nerf indirectly by making the regular tier tanks they face much better. I know Wargaming is not going to be fond of the refund idea but it would enable them to improve the health of the game in a massive way (maybe even get its population growing again), and not everyone would even ask for the refund if the premiums were re-balanced in a fair way. I know I wouldn't.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #7 Posted Dec 28 2018 - 14:39

Major

• Players
  • 33036 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Dec 28 2018 - 18:05, said:

There are 2 ways around the issue. They can offer full refunds for nerfed premium vehicles (as they did with the Super Pershing), or they can nerf indirectly by making the regular tier tanks they face much better. I know Wargaming is not going to be fond of the refund idea but it would enable them to improve the health of the game in a massive way (maybe even get its population growing again), and not everyone would even ask for the refund if the premiums were re-balanced in a fair way. I know I wouldn't.

Full refunds for the millions of premium tanks.....good luck with WG doing that.  Yes, they did with the Super Pershing, that was part of the out of court settlement. 

Yes, they could and prob will make the tech tree tanks better, they've already stated that a grand re-balance is underway but that it takes a GREAT deal of time.

You may not mind if your vehicles are nerfed, but most do.  Many would and could claim fraud and chargeback every single purchase(local laws depending).  Not caring just gives up your rights and makes it easier to get screwed in other ways by different companies.  These consumer protection rights were fought for and not easily won, a shame that some would willingly give them up so easily. 

1_Cyber_Sniper #8 Posted Dec 28 2018 - 17:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 66092 battles
  • [TAC-D] TAC-D

One sided matches always bottom tier not fun anymore. Play a couple games and out matched most of the time. Sure there will be a a few (donkeys) out there who will come up with a reason why this game isn't broken

Omega_Weapon #9 Posted Dec 28 2018 - 23:54

Major

• Players
  • 50111 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Dec 28 2018 - 08:39, said:

Full refunds for the millions of premium tanks.....good luck with WG doing that.  Yes, they did with the Super Pershing, that was part of the out of court settlement. 

Yes, they could and prob will make the tech tree tanks better, they've already stated that a grand re-balance is underway but that it takes a GREAT deal of time.

You may not mind if your vehicles are nerfed, but most do.  Many would and could claim fraud and chargeback every single purchase(local laws depending).  Not caring just gives up your rights and makes it easier to get screwed in other ways by different companies.  These consumer protection rights were fought for and not easily won, a shame that some would willingly give them up so easily. 

Its not that I'm easy going about somebody screwing me over. I'm just looking at the big picture. If the game dies, all my premium tanks become unusable and worth nothing. If they are re-balanced fairly (ie, not made crappy, but just slightly better than tech tree counterparts), then the game gets better for everyone and I can still enjoy my premium tanks. The problem now is some tanks are almost broken by being so much better than the tech tree counterparts. Things like the Defender, Skorpian and IS-3A really need to be tuned down a bit or they actually help to kill the game. I've spent a lot of money on my pixel tanks, and as long as any re-balance is done in a fair and competent way, I'd be on board. Like I said, my expensive pixel tanks become less than dust when the servers shut down.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #10 Posted Dec 29 2018 - 07:14

Major

• Players
  • 33036 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Dec 29 2018 - 05:54, said:

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Dec 28 2018 - 08:39, said:

Its not that I'm easy going about somebody screwing me over. I'm just looking at the big picture. If the game dies, all my premium tanks become unusable and worth nothing. If they are re-balanced fairly (ie, not made crappy, but just slightly better than tech tree counterparts), then the game gets better for everyone and I can still enjoy my premium tanks. The problem now is some tanks are almost broken by being so much better than the tech tree counterparts. Things like the Defender, Skorpian and IS-3A really need to be tuned down a bit or they actually help to kill the game. I've spent a lot of money on my pixel tanks, and as long as any re-balance is done in a fair and competent way, I'd be on board. Like I said, my expensive pixel tanks become less than dust when the servers shut down.

If you don't mind the product you spent money on being exchanged for a lesser product, that's fine, but that's you.

WoT has more than DOUBLE the player base of games that are FAR younger.  It's not going to shut down anytime soon.  Even if NA server closes in 3 years, you will get your account transferred to another server.  If you claim the ping will be bad to unplayable, it's not the case.  I play from Asia with 280-320 ping and I can still hold green to blue recents.  Many others play from Asia and Australia/NZ and hold even higher stats, so it's not the issue that people think it is.  In fact, many NA players really want to go to EU server for the better MM(more players so more variation, not always bottom tier).

Also tagged with Match Maker, MM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users