Artillery; spg;

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

_Diogenes #41 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 03:28

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18960 battles

View PostAltwar, on Jan 03 2019 - 18:39, said:

I'm confused about the whole aerial view in Warplanes requires skill bit.  Since a Warplanes battle starts with the player's plane already flying in the air, the aerial view is a given.  So at what point does that skill kick in again?

If you can't figure out that flying an airplane requires skill compared to some cheating clicker with one hand in his pants, drooling into his drool-cup, then your confusion is terminal.  

CardboardJedi #42 Posted Jan 06 2019 - 03:49

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12329 battles
  • [DDVR] DDVR

Never, and I mean NEVER be removed from WoT

Our WTE100's we're removed for less. WG doesn't care what you or I think, what a 50k tanker thinks or a brand newbie. They'll do what they want or won't for reasons they may or may not choose to share. I always think it's funny when tankers think they speak for WG just because they've played a lot or are "gud".

As someone who lost months of work on a tank I hope you are right. I do not advocate removing a tank because someone doesn't like it, however if you're wrong our Waffenträgers will be waiting in video game Valhalla to welcome your SPG's 

Supra1JZ #43 Posted Jan 07 2019 - 05:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 23045 battles

Unfortunately it's true, sky cancer won't be removed. It is there for one real purpose, to cater to a demographic. The vast majority of your arty players are going to be more timid, or less competent, or new. Maybe all of the above. I used to play it a LOT in my early days in this game, of course, I grew up and refuse to touch it. I have more pride than that.

They can play this game without having to handle a in-your-face fight. That makes many very nervous. Others, just don't have the ability to do well face to face. If they remove it, they will lose that entire demographic from their customer base. That's the only real reason a vehicle that sits at the very back without any risk of direct engagement (except late game if they are on the losing team) is in this game. It obviously doesn't prevent camping, it promotes it...behind hard cover. 

Akrotiri #44 Posted Jan 07 2019 - 23:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8401 battles

LOL.  The whole "oh, I'm too manly to play arty" line makes me laugh.

Double_O7 #45 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 02:06

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5744 battles
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F

View Postn4cer67, on Dec 29 2018 - 15:15, said:

I think the damage should go back up since many SPG's lost about half their damage and keep stun to go with it. Current limit of 3 SPG's per side is fine.They need to add an SPG line for all nations plus have a low level and high level premium SPG for each of them.

WG said they won't do that either

Double_O7 #46 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 02:10

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5744 battles
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F

View PostAltwar, on Jan 03 2019 - 11:39, said:

I'm confused about the whole aerial view in Warplanes requires skill bit.  Since a Warplanes battle starts with the player's plane already flying in the air, the aerial view is a given.  So at what point does that skill kick in again?

Dogfighting tactics, aerobatic maneuvers, knowlede of your aircraft, and common sense create a great WOWP player. WOWPs also doesn't have any kind of plane that posses a clear shot advantage over everyone else like artillery

Double_O7 #47 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 02:11

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5744 battles
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F

View Postshinglefoot, on Dec 30 2018 - 13:41, said:

Salty much?

Counter battery is a thing...you apparently don't play arty?

Counter battery rarely happens though. I've only done it twice and I have been cbed once

Metia #48 Posted Jan 09 2019 - 05:11

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11990 battles

View PostDouble_O7, on Jan 08 2019 - 02:11, said:

Counter battery rarely happens though. I've only done it twice and I have been cbed once

CB happens, it's just really hard to do without team calling out shots, and you have to hold fire while hunting, so your team tends to complain that you are useless. 

The top down view is supposed to represent the guy with the map looking at it while following reports from the tanks in the field, you know radio range spotting.  As others have said, try moving from hiding spot to hiding spot, with a 45 sec reload timer, while lining up a theoretical shot for when you are done reloading.  It's a lot harder than sitting hull down in a HT or Heavy TD behind cover taking 750 alpha pot shots that *do* actually pen.

Also, go back to the title of the thread.  At no point, ever, will spgs be removed.  

At no point ever has someone correlated manliness to what tank you play... well at least till this thread... which is *hilarious*.

Spotting is an important mechanic for all classes, the more teams do it, the more they win.  There are less light tanks playing now as it is World of 350 Front plate and that is bad for the game.

I'd say to continue posting here, but, honestly as funny as some of the stuff is, seeing people make the choice to make themselves out to be sexually insecure kids who can only play certain tanks to feel manly... it's just sad.

To Continue:

Your polls do not matter

Your Necro does not matter

Your demands do not matter

Your logic is flawed on why SPGs are bad, there is simply no point is arguing against a fallacy.

Everyone hates stun, even the spg players.

Complaining about SPGs is a waste of your time, spend time playing them so you know how to beat them, then you can finish your personal missions.

Your WN8 does not matter

My WN8 does not matter

The only thing that matters is you are playing a game that has specific rules in place.  Work within the rules, or, better yet, work within yourselves to learn how to not be a muppet that sits in the open and is "shelled to death without being able to do anything"  Those complaint belong in the "the e 25 should not be in this game" threads.

Metia #49 Posted Jan 09 2019 - 06:21

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11990 battles

View PostCardboardJedi, on Jan 06 2019 - 03:49, said:

Never, and I mean NEVER be removed from WoT

Our WTE100's we're removed for less. WG doesn't care what you or I think, what a 50k tanker thinks or a brand newbie. They'll do what they want or won't for reasons they may or may not choose to share. I always think it's funny when tankers think they speak for WG just because they've played a lot or are "gud".

As someone who lost months of work on a tank I hope you are right. I do not advocate removing a tank because someone doesn't like it, however if you're wrong our Waffenträgers will be waiting in video game Valhalla to welcome your SPG's 

They gave you a grille, and removed the stupidest tank to ever exist.  I mean it is not the same tank, I get that, but I am fairly certain you looked at the stats of the wte100 went "lol wut?" and started grinding as it could clip two t10 tanks, ya had to know something was going to happen.

WhineMaker #50 Posted Jan 09 2019 - 06:44

Major

• Players
  • 35473 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View Post_Diogenes, on Jan 04 2019 - 18:28, said:

If you can't figure out that flying an airplane requires skill compared to some cheating clicker with one hand in his pants, drooling into his drool-cup, then your confusion is terminal.  

So where can get I get my drool cup?

Does WG issue or sell them?

Can I pay more to have WG personalize a drool cup with my name?

Also tagged with Artillery; spg;

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users