49 replies to this topic

EmperorJuliusCaesar #21 Posted Dec 30 2018 - 12:10

Major

• Players
  • 32349 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostscHnuuudle_bop, on Dec 30 2018 - 05:25, said:

View Postn4cer67, on Dec 29 2018 - 22:15, said:

I think the damage should go back up since many SPG's lost about half their damage and keep stun to go with it. Current limit of 3 SPG's per side is fine.They need to add an SPG line for all nations plus have a low level and high level premium SPG for each of them.

I am fine with the changes they made. 

It was a good effort to return a support piece back to its intended role. 

I like the accuracy , expanded splash and the stun, in exchange for the orgasmic but once every 25 shot, 2500HP hit.

The limit, sure , support should never outnumber the main. They now need to start looking at the other support. 

I was in a game the other day, it had 16 tank destroyers in it. That was an outstanding example of snorefest.

Same with the light tanks, another support class. Games with more than 3 per team, are just a waste. You either get a significant portion of the team rushing out to die in 90 seconds, or they pretend to be TD's and hide. 

I would like to see all nationalities have their own artillery line, as well as one premium vehicle for each, if not more.

Yes, lights should be limited to 3 per battle as well.  TDs.....ugh, getting more and more draws due to there being 7-8 per team.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #22 Posted Dec 30 2018 - 12:58

Major

• Players
  • 32349 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Post_Diogenes, on Dec 30 2018 - 11:30, said:

"AERIAL-VIEW" Where is that coming from, out your butt? How do you get that viewpoint? Ahem, FROM THE FRICKEN AIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're NOT aircraft, don't have a drone or a helicopter, so what are you doing up there? Visible tracers!? SO WHAT? What am I to do about that as a tank, IN A FRICKEN TANK GAME? I am NOT and CANNOT play a tank against aircraft! FACT: The scum hit me from across the fricken map and take no risk of being spotted and fired on because they're seeing me from the air! I see his tracer, so what, can I fire back with any chance of hitting the cheater?!? Even a TD, which artillery scum like to compare, sneaks up on me, he takes the chance on being spotted and return fire! Where is that with the fricken, cheating, secret airborn MFKR?

Where is this litter of wrecked artillery? Sorry, not seeing it! At the end of the every game there is always three useless campers at a 100% just sitting there with their thumbs up their butts waiting to either get killed, finish the game on their own(now there is excitement)  or get undeserved points for a win. Just today, ran into three tanks, took one out, didn't even have the chance to move to a better defensive position for the other two as I was immediately one-shotted by someone who was not there, who I was not playing against, and was not part of the contest taking place. I would have liked to see what the outcome would have been, played my game to the conclusion. Without some backstabbing, trespassing cheater magically seeing me from the air NO MATTER HOW OR WHERE I MOVE! You want to play tanks, then play tanks, drive your schnittbox over and take your best shot like a man instead of a stinking backstabbing coward hiding in the back secretly seeing me from an unfair vantage point, the SKY. = CHEATING!  

If you think I can just sit in the back with my tank and play a game you've been in that flying crap too long, sorry, not possible, YOU'RE WRONG. When we fire, as WG says, our position is given away more often than not. Not so with the camping trespassers in the sky. Same should apply! This is not any conflict in some part of the world where artillery is a given, not armored warfare, its a video GAME. Games are played on a level playing field = FAIR! Except this pile of crap. If this is based on armored warfare as you say, then where is the foot soldiers with RPG's and ground attack aircraft taking out stinking artillery? Artillery has an unfair advantage without any serious countermeasures in this game! I want countermeasures! I DEMAND THEM! AS A PAYING CUSTOMER I DEMAND A FAIR GAME!  

Why do you guys rail against this being made fair? Either make a game just for artillery and a game without it, or put a bounty on artillery to promote counter battery. But something clearly has to be done to change it from its present form, it's WRONG! You also FAILED to explain how I am participating in any contest with artillery. Nobody can answer that! And don't be like the government and just give your opinion, it means nothing, give me the evidence. You cannot because it does no exist. Give players a choice to play with artillery or without and watch it wither and die!  

Arty isn't cheating, lol.

There are countermeasures.  Players have to not be lazy.  Report where the arty hit you from and if there's nothing more important to shoot, team arty can take him out.

You KNEW within a very short time that they game contained arty, you CHOSE to keep playing.  It is a fair game.  THIS game has ALWAYS had arty and will always have arty.  YOU are the one that continues to CHOOSE to play it.

WG has told the arty whiners that they will not make an opt out box for arty, it's MEANT to be IN THE GAME.

_Diogenes #23 Posted Dec 30 2018 - 19:08

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18899 battles

That's rich, artillery will NOT, most times, do counter-battery. They just don't care about counter-battery, it's just too hard and not worth it they WHINE. Far easier to pick on the slowest, easiest targets that make lots of XP, and then pat themselves on the back for their non-accomplishment. Why shouldn't you able to kill the T110-E5 when he can't see you or fight back? Such skill!!! Drive that POS out there and take him on tank to schnittbox! I dare ya!

That's it? That's the counter-measures? 

Flying, in a tank game, is cheating! If it is not flying, how'd you get up there? Why do you get that view? I don't have the problem with artillery per se, just their cheating mechanic. That is NOT playing tanks, its something else where tanks are nothing more than ants on the sidewalk and no matter where or how they move, you can still see them! = CHEATING! There is no contest between them! That is NOT a level playing field! 

WG says, PLAY FOR FREE. Not, play for free and get raped by artillery! When I started, as with my friends who I got to join, we had no idea there was this cheating mechanic in the game, there is no closure given. They all quit because of it and won't come back until its gone. Can't blame them, I quit too, never to return. Found myself injured, stuck at home with a computer for company and found myself back getting backstabbed by the cheating mechanic. As soon as I am healed, I am GONE until its GONE! For the time being I am stuck here. I enjoy the game, but for the cheating mechanic. Artillery has been changed, that happened due to paying customers voicing their complaints. When something is wrong, you fix it, not accept it. I suppose the founding fathers should have just accepted the kings policies, or the citizens should have left civil rights alone!? Why not just leave it alone, it was that way when you got there!? Great logic.

I don't accept cheating and will never do so. Neither should anyone else. 

_Tsavo_ #24 Posted Dec 30 2018 - 20:37

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 43316 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

View Post_Diogenes, on Dec 30 2018 - 13:08, said:

That's rich, artillery will NOT, most times, do counter-battery. They just don't care about counter-battery, it's just too hard and not worth it they WHINE. Far easier to pick on the slowest, easiest targets that make lots of XP, and then pat themselves on the back for their non-accomplishment. Why shouldn't you able to kill the T110-E5 when he can't see you or fight back? Such skill!!! Drive that POS out there and take him on tank to schnittbox! I dare ya!

Flying, in a tank game, is cheating! If it is not flying, how'd you get up there? Why do you get that view? I don't have the problem with artillery per se, just their cheating mechanic. That is NOT playing tanks, its something else where tanks are nothing more than ants on the sidewalk and no matter where or how they move, you can still see them! = CHEATING! There is no contest between them! That is NOT a level playing field! 

WG says, PLAY FOR FREE. Not, play for free and get raped by artillery! When I started, as with my friends who I got to join, we had no idea there was this cheating mechanic in the game, there is no closure given. They all quit because of it and won't come back until its gone. Can't blame them, I quit too, never to return. Found myself injured, stuck at home with a computer for company and found myself back getting backstabbed by the cheating mechanic. As soon as I am healed, I am GONE until its GONE! For the time being I am stuck here. I enjoy the game, but for the cheating mechanic. Artillery has been changed, that happened due to paying customers voicing their complaints. When something is wrong, you fix it, not accept it. I suppose the founding fathers should have just accepted the kings policies, or the citizens should have left civil rights alone!? Why not just leave it alone, it was that way when you got there!? Great logic.

You seem confused as to what a cheat actually is.

shinglefoot #25 Posted Dec 30 2018 - 20:41

Major

• Players
  • 24041 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

View Post_Diogenes, on Dec 30 2018 - 14:08, said:

Salty much?

Counter battery is a thing...you apparently don't play arty?

crudemindsx11 #26 Posted Dec 30 2018 - 20:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 12284 battles
  • [-THB-] -THB-
Nothing like doing 75 DMG to a maus with the obj261 - c' mon , it doesn't get any more pathetic than this tank , it use to be great , even a chaffee  does more Dmg. , bring  back our shells , at this time last year  it was better.

_Diogenes #27 Posted Dec 30 2018 - 21:00

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18899 battles

View Postshinglefoot, on Dec 30 2018 - 20:41, said:

Salty much?

Counter battery is a thing...you apparently don't play arty?

APP = NO. &: it's an adverb, so I don't KNOW what you mean by NO-parentLY. But no, I don't backstab people, I have both morals &: a conscience. 

FLYING is cheating dimswitch. You could play warplanes and have all the "aerial-view" you want. But that would require skill...………..

Edited by _Diogenes, Dec 30 2018 - 21:04.

shinglefoot #28 Posted Dec 30 2018 - 21:02

Major

• Players
  • 24041 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

View Post_Diogenes, on Dec 30 2018 - 16:00, said:

APP = NO. &: it's an adverb, so I don't KNOW what you mean by NO-parentLY. But no, I don't backstab people, I have both morals &: a conscience. 

:confused:

Holy word salad...was that in code or something?

crudemindsx11 #29 Posted Dec 30 2018 - 21:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 12284 battles
  • [-THB-] -THB-
i love artillery , but i also love my cromwell and su152 - plus 200 other tanks , First rule is don't get spotted, or arty will find you, Guess what happens when you hear a ping , yeah it could be you , so watch the map , if you don't take cover your mine , i probabally will not kill you artillery has been buffed for accuracy and took away Dmg , this sucks big time , my old school M-44 s highest Dmg was 4500 , now 2000 is hard to get seeing 90 % of the matches are tier 8-7-6 always 7 sixes against higher tiers , so yeah i would appreciate my old shells back and as for aiming , there was nothing wrong with the old way , it was misinteruped , you actually had to aim , observe terrain , know where you are .

_Tsavo_ #30 Posted Dec 30 2018 - 21:18

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 43316 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

View Post_Diogenes, on Dec 30 2018 - 15:00, said:

FLYING is cheating dimswitch. You could play warplanes and have all the "aerial-view" you want. But that would require skill...………..

I see we're still confused on what a cheat is.

Back to Webster's with you!

_Diogenes #31 Posted Dec 30 2018 - 21:19

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18899 battles
Holy illiterate batman. Words ending with LY are ADVERBS, they taught you that in school. There is a reason that is very important, but no time. All words starting with a vowel and two consonants or single syllable vowels, APP, ACC, ILL, etc are negative prefix's. = NO! Apparently = NO-parently. You cannot have a NO in a contract because no one can prove or perform a NO. 

shinglefoot #32 Posted Dec 30 2018 - 21:29

Major

• Players
  • 24041 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

A grammar Nazi who can't put together a readable sentence...cool.

Thanks for the nonsensical clarification

And ya you're salty AF...

64sherman #33 Posted Dec 31 2018 - 00:27

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26426 battles
  • [MOZZY] MOZZY

I don't care about the existence of arty.  I care about being stunned for half the match.   Especially by friendly artillery that think shooting the enemy I'm face hugging is "helping".  

_Diogenes #34 Posted Dec 31 2018 - 02:02

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18899 battles

View Postshinglefoot, on Dec 30 2018 - 21:29, said:

A grammar Nazi who can't put together a readable sentence...cool.

Thanks for the nonsensical clarification

And ya you're salty AF...

: Thank-you for your confession, you don't know how to read and write. You can start your witty comeback with explaining what 'sentence' means as a pronoun, since that is how you have conveyed it in your second-grade-sentence-structure. And yes, this is the same second-grade-sentence-structure since you could not possibly comprehend one written correct.   

Edited by _Diogenes, Dec 31 2018 - 02:05.

scHnuuudle_bop #35 Posted Dec 31 2018 - 02:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 18727 battles

View Post_Diogenes, on Dec 30 2018 - 21:00, said:

You seem to be a bit salty today. 

Flying, nice babble, what on earth do you mumble about now.

Oh, the strategic view.

If you gave it some thought, just a bit for a change, you would see that this is a game, and arcade game. In the design of the game, for simplicity they had to simplify and compromise.

So, combine ballistic maps, topographical maps, then add in the "flying" of aerial photography. Add some more, the ground truthing and air recon. Presto, the strategic view.

Now, if you want magic. I would say the red outline is closer to a cheat than anything. The entire concept of Line Of Fire gets tossed. You can target an enemy through 5 bushes and a forest. Yea, that really fits. Have you ever cheated by zooming out to see which direction an enemy is facing, You cheater.

Tank game, ha ha.

It is based on armoured warfare, and not "tanks". SPG's have armour and always accompany their armoured cousins. If you bother to look at the game, you may be quite startled to notice that, a tank destryoer is not a tank. The upcoming armoured cars are not tanks either. 

You are dreaming of the fantastic Atari Tanks. 

Counter battery, well to start, it is not as easy as you make out.  I see a lack of information. I would willingly help, but instead of pinging the maps, most just complain or not bother. Then there is the importance of the targets. Artillery is not in the game to hunt artillery. It is here to discourage camping, damage and slow enemies, and generally harass and distract them. CB is secondary. Big targets up front, dangerous and engaged with my teammates have far more importance. I let those fast guys, hunt and collect scalps, while helping with important targets. 

_Diogenes #36 Posted Dec 31 2018 - 20:19

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18899 battles

I don't know what you people mean by salty. More made up BS, like artillery mechanics. Artillery is not IN the game, onli tea-bagging a tank-game. In order for them to be IN the game, that would mean that a tanker would be participating in a contest with artillery players, which they are not. If they are as I'm certain you glue victims will claim, HOW? What is their participation together, don't get hit? No more participation there than an ant on the sidewalk has with you stomping on them.

Thank-you for your confession of the magic aerial, or strategic-view as you state. Presto, abra-cad-abra, magic BS! They put a cheat in the game, an unfair advantage of flying by an SPG! So you claim historical accuracy with the artillery being "in" the game, then throw it completely out the window for your "necessary" presto-magic to rape your victims!  For I concur with the red-outline as being a cheat in a sense, but it is LINE OF FIRE, an equal mechanic shared by all tankers and does not compare to the secret-aerial-view of a backstabber-artillery-scum. Not the same thing so stop trying to balance the two with your bias.

As I said previously, I don't have a problem with artillery per se, just their cheating flying mechanic. Take that away and I don't have a problem with it. You don't have a drone or helicopter to do air-recon, so you don't fricken get it! You have no right to watch me move left or right using terrain and cover to stay safe then vacate it all by one shotting me from across the fricken map because you see me no matter what I do!  Who the hell do you think you are? Special, in an Olympic kind of way! I don't give a crap how difficult it would be without it or to do counter-battery. I DON'T FRICKEN CARE! Level the playing field! I have seen far too many games end in a loss while some artillery schmuck trundles off with 4000 damage for the game whilst his team was being literally RAPED by the red artillery the whole time, which he couldn't be bothered with. Bum buddies!  Counter battery MUST be more of a priority. 

Artillery does the opposite of stopping camping and onli punishes "dynamic" players who are actively playing and making a difference. Campers are left alone! Even then, the active, dynamic-players are onli hit IF artillery can hit them. Easier to clobber the T-29 than the T-37! 

You say your bucket of schnitt spg has armor, okay, your welcome to test that, I invite you out onto the battlefield to a fair fight, see how that goes. The heavies take care of the heavies and so on, you are not IN the game, not welcome, not needed, the matches without you scumbags are a joy to play win or lose. I pray for more of them!

: SOLUTION: Triple XP for killing artillery in the first half of the game! Limit of two per team! No stun mechanic & THEIR POSITION IS GIVEN AWAY TO ENEMY ARTILLERY WHEN THEY FIRE!

There, problem solved! Seriously, how difficult would that be for these hot shot programmers? 

shinglefoot #37 Posted Dec 31 2018 - 20:53

Major

• Players
  • 24041 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

View Post_Diogenes, on Dec 31 2018 - 15:19, said:

I don't know what you people mean by salty. More made up BS, like artillery mechanics. Artillery is not IN the game, onli tea-bagging a tank-game. In order for them to be IN the game, that would mean that a tanker would be participating in a contest with artillery players, which they are not. If they are as I'm certain you glue victims will claim, HOW? What is their participation together, don't get hit? No more participation there than an ant on the sidewalk has with you stomping on them.

Thank-you for your confession of the magic aerial, or strategic-view as you state. Presto, abra-cad-abra, magic BS! They put a cheat in the game, an unfair advantage of flying by an SPG! So you claim historical accuracy with the artillery being "in" the game, then throw it completely out the window for your "necessary" presto-magic to rape your victims!  For I concur with the red-outline as being a cheat in a sense, but it is LINE OF FIRE, an equal mechanic shared by all tankers and does not compare to the secret-aerial-view of a backstabber-artillery-scum. Not the same thing so stop trying to balance the two with your bias.

As I said previously, I don't have a problem with artillery per se, just their cheating flying mechanic. Take that away and I don't have a problem with it. You don't have a drone or helicopter to do air-recon, so you don't fricken get it! You have no right to watch me move left or right using terrain and cover to stay safe then vacate it all by one shotting me from across the fricken map because you see me no matter what I do!  Who the hell do you think you are? Special, in an Olympic kind of way! I don't give a crap how difficult it would be without it or to do counter-battery. I DON'T FRICKEN CARE! Level the playing field! I have seen far too many games end in a loss while some artillery schmuck trundles off with 4000 damage for the game whilst his team was being literally RAPED by the red artillery the whole time, which he couldn't be bothered with. Bum buddies!  Counter battery MUST be more of a priority. 

Artillery does the opposite of stopping camping and onli punishes "dynamic" players who are actively playing and making a difference. Campers are left alone! Even then, the active, dynamic-players are onli hit IF artillery can hit them. Easier to clobber the T-29 than the T-37! 

You say your bucket of schnitt spg has armor, okay, your welcome to test that, I invite you out onto the battlefield to a fair fight, see how that goes. The heavies take care of the heavies and so on, you are not IN the game, not welcome, not needed, the matches without you scumbags are a joy to play win or lose. I pray for more of them!

: SOLUTION: Triple XP for killing artillery in the first half of the game! Limit of two per team! No stun mechanic & THEIR POSITION IS GIVEN AWAY TO ENEMY ARTILLERY WHEN THEY FIRE!

There, problem solved! Seriously, how difficult would that be for these hot shot programmers? 

Still salty AF...your tears are delicious.

scHnuuudle_bop #38 Posted Dec 31 2018 - 23:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 18727 battles

View Post_Diogenes, on Dec 31 2018 - 20:19, said:

Thank you

A civil sensible post.

The point I was trying to make is the game made compromises.

The red out line and the strategic views. They are gaming magic.

I mean, this game is chock a block full of magic. Zombie crews, mechanics that work wonders in seconds. Geeze even 30 large diesel engines in a square kilometer, without a cloud of exhaust blinding everyone.

I cannot 1 shot you anymore, and the aerial view is what it is.  As I said, it is just a simplification of the tools available since World War One.

Detailed ballistic maps, air photos ,, air recon and the allies on the ground. These are the tools they combined to make their representation  usable in the game.

Just as the red outline helps make their spotting system workable.

Without that red outline, there would be very very few players that would excel. Spotting and shooting would become a skill, not just a mathematical calculation. Cammo would actually mean something.

It would be possible to  ram an enemy before seeing them.

The "weak spot" skill would all of a sudden become laughable as it would just be a struggle to see them, let alone target. You would even have a hard time figuring out which way they are pointed.

The 1% of high scoring players would drop by factors, probably be closer to .01%.

So, to make the game entertainment, compromises were made.

Sorry you do not like the choices they made with the classes. It is just a game, they feel it needs all 5 classes, and to make the game workable this is the result.

I do not play much of any other class. I find this challenging enough, given age, disabilities, computer and geographical location.

How to play with and against other classes.

How can I avoid the almost inevitable "retaliation". When I get "retaliated " against, what can I do to avoid that in the future.

How can I best avoid light tanks, etc.

By artillery punishing aggressive and dynamic players, it is to create an opportunity for their team to take more aggressive and dynamic play forward. So, to accomplish that, help is needed to get rid of their "aggressive and dynamic" players. 

That is what it is designed to do, the team that is more "dynamic and aggressive", hold the advantage.

The challenge arises from finding ways to get and remain "aggressive and dynamic."

The other team press battle in the hopes of being superior to the other team in regards to "dynamic and aggressive play".

So, whether or not you like the tools in the toolbox, this is what we have.

Edited by scHnuuudle_bop, Jan 01 2019 - 10:15.

Frostblitz20 #39 Posted Jan 01 2019 - 04:05

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3326 battles
  • [VAHLA] VAHLA
I’m glad arty will never leave shows the players that are full of salt and anger issues.

I don’t have a issue with arty and I barely ever touched arty maybe 100 games total in my life time.

Altwar #40 Posted Jan 03 2019 - 18:39

Major

• Players
  • 55717 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View Post_Diogenes, on Dec 30 2018 - 12:00, said:

You could play warplanes and have all the "aerial-view" you want. But that would require skill...………..

I'm confused about the whole aerial view in Warplanes requires skill bit.  Since a Warplanes battle starts with the player's plane already flying in the air, the aerial view is a given.  So at what point does that skill kick in again?

Also tagged with Artillery; spg;

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users