• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Forseti1 #1 Posted Dec 29 2018 - 05:42

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10870 battles
  • [-U-M-] -U-M-

Hi All, 

Was wondering if anyone else has been keeping data on Tier 8 matchmaking. 

I recently won a Skorpion G in the holiday boxes, so I thought I would give it a go.  I like how it does very well with credits, so I found myself playing it a lot.  I have been keeping track of whether it was top, mid, or bottom tier, and it didn't dawn on me until after about 25 games that the Skorpion G was bottom tier A LOT.  

After 38 games, the Skorp was top tier 5 times, mid tier 3 times, and bottom tier 30 times, or bottom tier 79% of the time. 

Anyone else have keeping data on tier 8 matchmaking lately?

Nagurski #2 Posted Dec 29 2018 - 05:52

Private

• Players
  • 35782 battles
  • [K-S-W] K-S-W
I'll just say this - matchmaking of any kind with two tiers of variance is killing the fun of the game.  It's not competitive to be two tiers down.  Why can't it be a one tier difference for all games? It would give all tanks the chance to be competitive.  Sick of being a tier 6 heavy in an 8 match, etc.  Could be a game breaker for me after 7 years of play.  Hoping for change since that's all I have.  

SnakePliskan #3 Posted Dec 29 2018 - 05:58

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 27 battles

Scorp G being bottom tier isnt a big deal. That gun can deal plenty of damage to any tier it faces. Frankly being top tier is sort of unfair.

View PostNagurski, on Dec 29 2018 - 05:52, said:

I'll just say this - matchmaking of any kind with two tiers of variance is killing the fun of the game.  It's not competitive to be two tiers down.  Why can't it be a one tier difference for all games? It would give all tanks the chance to be competitive.  Sick of being a tier 6 heavy in an 8 match, etc.  Could be a game breaker for me after 7 years of play.  Hoping for change since that's all I have.  

So having at least 7 other tanks same tier and 5 the plus 1 you are asking for isnt enough? You want the last 3 not to be 2 tiers higher that way you have to use some skill and work at killing them. Three tanks in will make you quit. OK bye bye

CountingGeigers #4 Posted Dec 29 2018 - 06:18

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 58981 battles

View PostForseti1, on Dec 28 2018 - 21:42, said:

Hi All, 

I recently won a Skorpion G in the holiday boxes, so I thought I would give it a go.  I like how it does very well with credits, so I found myself playing it a lot.  I have been keeping track of whether it was top, mid, or bottom tier, and it didn't dawn on me until after about 25 games that the Skorpion G was bottom tier A LOT.  

After 38 games, the Skorp was top tier 5 times, mid tier 3 times, and bottom tier 30 times, or bottom tier 79% of the time. 

You have too small of a sample size to get reliable data yet.

See some of my data in this reply.....

DixonCider563 #5 Posted Dec 29 2018 - 06:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 40880 battles

View PostNagurski, on Dec 29 2018 - 04:52, said:

you playing for 7 years then  you know how MM used to be with the +4 so to even remotely complain about ONLY 3 tanks being 2 tiers above is a really lame thing to complain about.. And no i do not want 1 tier difference, Where is the fun or the challenge in that?

_1204_ #6 Posted Dec 29 2018 - 06:20

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 924 battles
  1. People complain about fighting too many tier 10 tanks
  2. Wargaming makes it so if you are bottom majority of your enemy is similar tier players (aka 3-5-7)
  3. Meaning you are bottom tier more often
  4. People complain about being bottom tier all the time
  5. Wargaming is tired of dealing with people

You either always fight tier 10s but have a lot of similar tier enemies also, or be stuck with a 5050 gamble of being one of few tier 8s. If you have another idea please do tell. (+/-1 doesnt work for PC imo)

gamagrass #7 Posted Dec 29 2018 - 06:23

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10545 battles

View PostForseti1, on Dec 29 2018 - 05:42, said:

Hi All, 

you most likly will be bottom teir in tier VIII tank.   maybe 1 out 15-20 matches you will be upper tier in a all tier VIII match.  Neverless, you realy need to home in your skills aginst XI and X  tanks.  know where you can pend, what ammo to used and who you will most likly not pend at all.

LeaveIT2Beaver #8 Posted Dec 29 2018 - 06:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 36630 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

View PostForseti1, on Dec 28 2018 - 23:42, said:

Hi All, 

the Skorpion G was bottom tier A LOT.  

With the Skorp G, tier means nothing. It is a beast. It has a tier 9 gun on it that performs like a tier 10 gun.  It is fast and with an experienced crew, can dogfight like a champ and ram like a train.  It's a go-to TD with uncanny accuracy. 

Edited by LeaveIT2Beaver, Dec 29 2018 - 06:32.

cylas_ #9 Posted Dec 29 2018 - 09:22

Private

• -Players-
  • 1789 battles
I can understand the three tier spread for the lower tiers so that they can form matches quickly. I would like to see them try a system that matches up 1-2-3, 4-5-6, 7-8 then 9-10. Just try it on the test server, see what happens.

Silverleaf_Nightraven #10 Posted Dec 29 2018 - 10:13

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12537 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View Postgamagrass, on Dec 28 2018 - 22:23, said:

you most likly will be bottom teir in tier VIII tank.   maybe 1 out 15-20 matches you will be upper tier in a all tier VIII match.  Neverless, you realy need to home in your skills aginst XI and X  tanks.  know where you can pend, what ammo to used and who you will most likly not pend at all.

He means spam premium rounds. Your only chance at penning higher tiered vehicles from anywhere but the rear at point blank range. 

TheManFromKekistan #11 Posted Dec 29 2018 - 11:09

Major

• -Players-
  • 28 battles

View PostForseti1, on Dec 28 2018 - 23:42, said:

80% bottom tier is what wg itself is reporting for tier 8 mm so your small sample is right on track. This is why they are making some additional mm changes to introduce more templates and mix it up a bit more.

ThePigSheFlies #12 Posted Dec 29 2018 - 19:08

Major

• Players
  • 71783 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostTheManFromKekistan, on Dec 29 2018 - 05:09, said:

80% bottom tier is what wg itself is reporting for tier 8 mm so your small sample is right on track. This is why they are making some additional mm changes to introduce more templates and mix it up a bit more.

meanwhile, those changes have made tier 9s now never top tier.  my wz 111-1-4 has never seen a single tier 7 tank.  nor has my conqueror.  I finished regrinding the T-10 since Thanksgiving and saw tier 7s twice?

my tier 7s still see tier 9s, but my tier 9s never see 7s.  seems legit.  I also just ground the Caern.  MM wasn't that bad in that, same with some of my new prems like the su 130 pm.  but load up a pref tier 8, and it's typically 5 tier 9s, and the rest stupidly broken paytowin tier 8s

as for the topic at hand, I legit don't mind being bottom tier in the following circumstances:

1. there isn't 3 arty (oh wait, there's always 3 arty, and they always still focus me)
  2. I'm in a reasonably agile tank
  3. I'm not on one of the many tiny maps, or cancer funnel maps like mt pass, paris, ensk, ruinberg, himmels, lakeville, etc., etc.

PugnaxAlbere #13 Posted Dec 29 2018 - 19:27

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4496 battles
  • [W-UN2] W-UN2
its not just tier 8 mm thats fkd...... 7-8 games in my stock kv85 this mornin and never once top tier heavy??? Console has an algorithm that if you lose multiple games in a row it tries to provide you with a top tier placement. Wgs crappy templates for mm is THE NUMBER ONE REASON FOR LOSS OF NEW PLAYERS. I myself have 41k battles on console and have never seen it as bad on console as it is on pc. Its really sad honestly since this version has been out for twice as long and had years of tweaking and its still worse then console, and since console does follow pc loosely that version will get fkd soon enough.......

Also tagged with MM, Tier 8, Tier VIII, Matchmaking, Tier 8 matchmaking

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users