OPTION TO QUE FOR SKILL BASED MM MATCHES AND NO "ARTILLERY" MATCHES IF WE CHOOSE

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

scHnuuudle_bop #21 Posted Dec 31 2018 - 08:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 20656 battles

View PostXPLOTW, on Dec 31 2018 - 03:11, said:

I would like an Option to que for Randoms with a skill-based Matchmaker. Could change the name from Random to something like Even Matches. That way they are not decided before they start, in many cases. If others had rather que for matches that are purported to be Random that is fine. Freedom of choice is good. 

I would also like to be able to que for matches where there is no "artillery". And again, if others wish to que for artillery matches that is fine. Freedom of choice is good. It grows the player base!

Thanks for reading and I look forward to seeing all the positive responses! 

A skilled based MM. So, who gets to decide. We have no idea of your skill level, as this looks like it is not your original account.

So, in my opinion, a reroll has something to hide, so you need to be in the 45% group until proven other wise.

Who gets to choose where the benchmarks are. Based on what, win rate, WN8, efficiency, the in-game personal rating? Maybe even based on a weekly summary. 

Players need a basis for learning. So a good player on a team, just by existing may show someone something. That will never happen if skilled based MM is used. You will end up with permanent skill levels, and little way to rise. 

I want games with no light tanks. A buddy hates TD's, so we need a queue with no TD's

Oh, another buddy wants to mix only 2 classes. I know a guy who want only 1 class per battle, say all light tanks.

Satisfy one, then all must be accommodated. 

Getting into a game would require hours, not 30 seconds.

n4cer67 #22 Posted Jan 01 2019 - 01:49

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 17411 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP

View PostXPLOTW, on Dec 30 2018 - 20:11, said:

I would like an Option to que for Randoms with a skill-based Matchmaker. Could change the name from Random to something like Even Matches. That way they are not decided before they start, in many cases. If others had rather que for matches that are purported to be Random that is fine. Freedom of choice is good. 

I would also like to be able to que for matches where there is no "artillery". And again, if others wish to que for artillery matches that is fine. Freedom of choice is good. It grows the player base!

Freedom of choice is good but not freedom to play what you wan't like everyone else? That's a lot of double standard. Also I guess what you call a positive response is anyone that embraces your idea of fair play and sportsmanship. SpG's are part of the game as the Devs have always said and if you don't like it then play a different game.

n4cer67 #23 Posted Jan 01 2019 - 01:51

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 17411 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP

View Postberyn, on Dec 30 2018 - 20:20, said:

I would pay for this

Just save your money and go play a different game, it would be a win for all of us.

Frostblitz20 #24 Posted Jan 01 2019 - 04:07

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3848 battles
  • [VAHLA] VAHLA
No arty will never happen or else it will just be arty vs arty.... maybe once every 15 matches you get a no arty match and even that pushes it....

KingofDragons #25 Posted Jan 01 2019 - 17:34

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 24137 battles
Personal rating would be used by MM.. We are already fragmented by WG giving us a choice of battle types.. I agree that NAs population is to small but EUs isn't .. i believe a lot of NA players have EU accounts..

Edited by KingofDragons, Jan 01 2019 - 17:35.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #26 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 09:35

Major

• Players
  • 36992 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostXPLOTW, on Dec 31 2018 - 09:11, said:

WG has address this many times.  You can't have an option to "opt out" of arty without having it as an option for other classes.  It would never work and so they stated it will never happen.  Arty is a part of the game since the start, you chose to keep playing. 

dunniteowl #27 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 17:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 30215 battles

Just to be clear.

Wouldn't The Spam Rule be invoked on this?  I mean, if the same person makes repeated OPs regarding the SAME Subject, doesn't that count as SPAM?  I'm no expert, however, it seems to me that SPAM is something that is repetitive, you know, saying the same thing over and over and over, with no new lines, melody or refrain.  The only real difference is that they are now using an alt account.

I won't go into the whole Skill MM concept or how Opting out of Arty should also allow Opting out of TDs, LTs, MEDs or HVYs as an option either.

I'm guessing this person also considers their news point of view just as 'fair and balanced?'

Wing Down, OP, just Wing Down.

OvO

Iron_Soul_Stealer #28 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 05:00

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Jan 02 2019 - 03:35, said:

WG has address this many times.  You can't have an option to "opt out" of arty without having it as an option for other classes.  It would never work and so they stated it will never happen.  Arty is a part of the game since the start, you chose to keep playing. 

^..I agree.

"Can I opt out of playing with TD's..?" {< yes, sarcasm...}.

Block Quote

.... AND NO "ARTILLERY" MATCHES IF WE CHOOSE

^...And just to be perfectly honest here, OP...

*I've been knocked out of this game waaaaay more by stupidly overpowered invisible tank destroyers, than by any artillery. So, if anything, I'd rather opt out of playing with TD's, but you don't see me making posts about it...and crying over the internet. Just learn how to live with ALL classes. I have.

MarksV #29 Posted Jan 07 2019 - 07:48

Private

• -Players-
  • 5345 battles

Seems like some more choice in the match lineup would be nice. I am at 5 and 6 across the tree and art is getting pretty bad as is the +2 in tier 6.

How about an option to choose the tier spread in a match,  with a warning that narrowing increases queue time?

(just trying to make some improvement) and yes my stats are terrible...

DUKE_AUTY #30 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 21:07

Captain

• Players
  • 39298 battles

Solution;

Produce your own game with your rules.

Get back to us and let us know how it turns out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users