Question about experience

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Fewtoes #1 Posted Jan 01 2019 - 07:00

Private

• -Players-
  • 3193 battles
  • [BARRE] BARRE
I've been playing with the M2 Medium, its not a good tank whole shedloads better than the M3 Lee. In order to move into the M4 Sherman, do I have to grind all the exp in the M3 Lee? 

Ta_Hun_Kwai #2 Posted Jan 01 2019 - 07:04

Captain

• -Players-
  • 17613 battles

View PostFewtoes, on Dec 31 2018 - 22:00, said:

I've been playing with the M2 Medium, its not a good tank whole shedloads better than the M3 Lee. In order to move into the M4 Sherman, do I have to grind all the exp in the M3 Lee? 

You do not have to elite the m3 Lee but it is the best thing to do because the engine, radio and guns may carry over to other vehicles and maybe usable

Fewtoes #3 Posted Jan 01 2019 - 07:10

Private

• -Players-
  • 3193 battles
  • [BARRE] BARRE

But your saying I have to grind the M3 in order to build exp for the M4, yes?

Ta_Hun_Kwai #4 Posted Jan 01 2019 - 07:16

Captain

• -Players-
  • 17613 battles
If you do not have enough free XP yes If you have enough free XP you can go ahead and research the gun on the m3 lee than the m4 Sherman but it's not wise to use that much free XP to unlock a tank because free XP is built up slowly it is also not wise to do this because there maybe parts on the m3 Lee the carryover on to the Sherman

Edited by Yao_Wang, Jan 01 2019 - 07:17.

Fewtoes #5 Posted Jan 01 2019 - 07:20

Private

• -Players-
  • 3193 battles
  • [BARRE] BARRE
Man, that M3 really sucks...............

Ta_Hun_Kwai #6 Posted Jan 01 2019 - 07:23

Captain

• -Players-
  • 17613 battles
Just play the m3 Lee like a tank destroyer and not like a medium tank and you should do better

Fewtoes #7 Posted Jan 01 2019 - 07:27

Private

• -Players-
  • 3193 battles
  • [BARRE] BARRE

Mize well, thats how i've been playing the M2 most times

Balders_NA #8 Posted Jan 01 2019 - 12:11

Private

• -Players-
  • 66 battles

M2 is a really strong tank and is great hulldown.
No need to play it like a TD.

Regarding the M3, to have a decent time, just follow this one simple rule:

• Don't drive over hills

Edited by Balders_NA, Jan 01 2019 - 12:12.

dunniteowl #9 Posted Jan 01 2019 - 18:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

Wait!  What's WRONG with the M3 Lee?

I'll tell you what's "wrong" with it.  It's NOT REALLY A MEDIUM TANK. It's decently maneuverable, has an awesome gun for its tier and is really a Big, Tall, Right-Handed TD.  If you try to play this tank like a Flex and Support Medium, it sucks big-time.  If you play it like what it really is, it can be a very, VERY good tank to pilot.

Make sure that you get cover on your left side.  Make sure you don't expose more of the tank than necessary.  Don't close and brawl -- let them come to you.  Use that gun like a maverick gunslinger in a narrow arc and it's devastating.

The M3's hull traverse is pretty good, too and if you can position yourself to make it hard to be flanked, you can rickroll many LTs that think of you as a 'tasty treat' as they rush headlong into the jaws of death.  Of course this is At Tier.  Up tier of you, you have to be more careful and circumspect -- like the TD it really is.

This is an important bit of advice I'm about to relate:  There are tank roles for classes, but there are NO SET TANK ROLES PER TANK!  Some tanks play like a different class tank and you have to leverage that.  The M3 Grant and the M3 Lee are the US and UK variants of the same tank.  The UK version is slightly more gifted with firepower, but only slightly.  They are, in the right circumstances, one of the best tanks at its tier.  In the wrong circumstances, they suck horribly.  Those circumstances are DICTATED by how you perceive its role.

If you play it like a MED, this tank sucks.  If you play it like a tall, right handed TD, you can rock this joint with it.

Each tank has its quirks and faults.  They also have their strengths.  This tank has a damn fine gun.  It has decent frontal armor.  It has a good hull traverse.  It has poor overall view range, gun traverse and it's a casemate tank, meaning no turret, and crap side/rear armor.  Speed-wise, it's comparable to most of it's peers.

Play this unit like a TD and REMEMBER it NEEDS to have it's LEFT SIDE PROTECTED and you'll do pretty okay fine in this unit.

OvO

GL, HF & HSYBF!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users