The "WONDERFUL, Exciting, Changes" Coming in 2019

2019 changes Ammo rebalance MM changes

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Transgressor #1 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 00:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 49368 battles
I looked around for the forum topic on these 2019 changes. MM changes, ammo changes, etc. I was fine reading this until I hit the part where it said, "but it will not be easy to hit an armored target with standard ammo". So you "improve" the damage with standard ammo, reduce the damage done with prem ammo and make RNG rule even more? This appears to be another well thought out method of creating even more useless accounts thru team damage penalty. Been having problems penning tanks? This is the result of the "new and improved penalty system" where your penalty NEVER goes away. They introduced this here while back but didn't do more than post it in the forums. I might also add they will not disclose your penalty to you. So don't waste your time asking. Everyone who plays the game KNOWS what is wrong with MM. Do any of you WOT guys and gals actually play in the battles with anything other than a totally pimped out test tank? And yes I have seen them. Maxed out crews, best of everything, etc. Fix the player skill balance. Anywhere from 10 to 12 good players on one side, 10 to 12 bad players on the other does not make for a good battle or a good contest. Being heavy in an engagement, looking at the mini map and your whole team has vanished is not fun. Looking up from an engagement and seeing the enemy all gone inside of 3 mins is not fun. This is the part to fix, not ammo. Leave the ammo alone, fix MM. Fix the RNG issues. It's not a feature like you think it is. All ammo is now available to everyone who plays. You really did fix that. So please don't break what works. Fix what is broke. And by the way, DO AWAY WITH THAT STUPID permanent penalty system, It's not helping when you feature RNG. 

Insanefriend #2 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 01:05

Captain

• Players
  • 45369 battles

What are you talking about?  I've heard nothing of a Rng penalty system for doing team damage.  Only thing I've seen about team damage is them thinking to just turn it off.

The ammo changes are fine so long as the balance the credit cost of the reduced damage premium ammo.  Giving people the option of a higher damage low pen round that let's players with knowledge of armor use that knowledge is a good thing.

Christojojo #3 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 01:44

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34590 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP
Please provide the links. If half of what you are saying is true I am probably not the only one that 2019 will be their last year tanking.

FrozenKemp #4 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 01:49

Major

• Players
  • 52475 battles
Don't get all torqued up about what is probably a bad translation issue.  I think what they are saying is that standard ammo will do more damage than premium but (because of lower penetration) have a lower chance of penetrating.

FrozenKemp #5 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 02:02

Major

• Players
  • 52475 battles
The stuff the OP is talking about like a "team damage penalty"  is just another made up explanation for trying to understand why teams lose.

Transgressor #6 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 02:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 49368 battles
This is posted in the game news on what they are doing in 2019. As far as the penalty system goes. That was posted a long time ago. They are trying really hard to stop the team damage and trollers. The result is actually all players having penalties applied for any team damage. So when someone drives up behind you, rams you then drives under your tank, you get hit with a team damage penalty. Also if you are aiming at another enemy tank and RNG rears up and says NO you are going to miss and you hit a team member, you are the one taking the penalty. The end result is your account being nerfed. 

CaptSpaulding55 #7 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 02:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33923 battles

Sounds like it's time to say f this game and get the h out!

Transgressor #8 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 02:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 49368 battles

View PostFrozenKemp, on Jan 01 2019 - 19:02, said:

The stuff the OP is talking about like a "team damage penalty"  is just another made up explanation for trying to understand why teams lose.

This is not made up. I understand why teams lose. Most of the time they do not play as teams. When they do, and they work together, the 3-4 min game is the result. Chill out dude, I was asked in the 2019 changes topic to post my thoughts. I am..... Why don't you reply with something constructive/\? Help make the game better. Why don't you read the topic then say I misquoted them.

GeorgePreddy #9 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 02:44

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostFrozenKemp, on Jan 01 2019 - 21:49, said:

Don't get all torqued up about what is probably a bad translation issue.  I think what they are saying is that standard ammo will do more damage than premium but (because of lower penetration) have a lower chance of penetrating.

THIS...   ^^^

Plus they're considering doing away with team damage entirely.

RNG is randomly applied at the time of each individual shot and is never "manipulated" or changed for any player, tank, team, battle or mode.

Christojojo #10 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 02:44

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34590 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

Still no links

I want to be outraged with you but the lack of evidence makes that a hard pill to swallow.

heavymetal1967 #11 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 02:50

Major

• Players
  • 71516 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostFrozenKemp, on Jan 01 2019 - 19:49, said:

This.

And folks this is what OP is talking about, at least re: hitting a tank. Not sure about the penalty system and tbh I'd like to see the source(s) on that one.

View Postheavymetal1967, on Dec 16 2018 - 12:29, said:

Not to sidebar the discussion, but haven't seen this mentioned.  But given the amount of threads it's possible I missed any reference(s).

Anyhoo surely this is a translation error and they mean "pen".

Block Quote

As a result, we are going to implement the following mechanics:

• Standard AP shells are now the most attractive in terms of price and damage. They have high damage per shot and are are cheap, but it's not easy to hit armored vehicles using these shells.

--snip--

And per FK there is a consistent history of translation issues, so no reason to go Chicken Little just yet.

SapFireMC #12 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 23:26

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4200 battles

View PostChristojojo, on Jan 01 2019 - 17:44, said:

Still no links

I want to be outraged with you but the lack of evidence makes that a hard pill to swallow.

Nothing he said was even remotely a fact, other than premium ammunition getting a damage nerf.

Transgressor #13 Posted Jan 03 2019 - 03:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 49368 battles
SAP, I have been digging thru all the forum announcements hunting for this reference. This has proved to be VERY difficult as there are so many. By the way, calling me a liar is not helping this. If WG reads this I do hope they would repost that announcement or state it has been recanted or changed. If they do not post this here in the next 2 days I will ask them to do so thru the help desk as a way of saving me the time digging thru the forum. 

Transgressor #14 Posted Jan 06 2019 - 01:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 49368 battles
I have asked WG to repost the penalty system notice or to recant it if it is no longer valid. You will probably know before I do if it is reposted. This is just for you Sap.....

Transgressor #15 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 23:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 49368 battles
OK folks and fellow tankers, I did ask WG to repost the permanent penalty notice. They totally refused to do so. This has been going back and forth for several days with no positive or negative response. All they would say is that I have no penalty at this time. I will continue to assume the perm penalty system is still in place and so should you. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users