Jump to content


How long do activated discounts on Holiday Ops tanks last?


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

orangeandblue #1 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 08:44

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 29129 battles
  • 947
  • Member since:
    05-10-2013
So when you reach certain "festivity" levels in the holiday ops you can get a free tech tree tank or discounted tier VIII for 50% off or tier X at 30% off. If you haven't researched the tank yet but you know you're going to want that tank when you get there is the discount still going to be good or is it only good for as long as the Holiday Ops thing is going on which is like another couple of weeks? If that's the case then, of course, you're not going to want to waste a discount on something you won't get to in that time.

_1204_ #2 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 08:54

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 924 battles
  • 488
  • Member since:
    03-26-2017
You have to select a tank before the event ends, but the discount is permanent (until you buy the tank)

Asassian7 #3 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 09:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 25439 battles
  • 12,099
  • Member since:
    12-26-2011
Forever. That tank will stay discounted until you buy it.

orangeandblue #4 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 10:46

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 29129 battles
  • 947
  • Member since:
    05-10-2013
Nice. Thank you!!!

NutrientibusMeaGallus #5 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 11:16

    Major

  • Players
  • 22674 battles
  • 5,663
  • [FILOX] FILOX
  • Member since:
    10-26-2012
  I wonder if year to year the discounts are cumulative on a tank you haven't bought yet?

ColonelShakes #6 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 11:52

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 15973 battles
  • 1,671
  • [CDN] CDN
  • Member since:
    01-17-2016

View PostNutrientibusMeaGallus, on Jan 02 2019 - 11:16, said:

  I wonder if year to year the discounts are cumulative on a tank you haven't bought yet?

 

Would be neat , but no.  Have not bought the tier 8 or 10 from last year, and this year I cannot select them , they do not show in list.



hardicon #7 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 16:45

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 54719 battles
  • 5,616
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY
  • Member since:
    07-03-2010
I would love to use the discounts on the new swedish line since i have every tank researched.  But oh well I will have to find some tanks i would like to rebuy. 

orangeandblue #8 Posted Jan 03 2019 - 00:30

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 29129 battles
  • 947
  • Member since:
    05-10-2013

View Posthardicon, on Jan 02 2019 - 07:45, said:

I would love to use the discounts on the new swedish line since i have every tank researched.  But oh well I will have to find some tanks i would like to rebuy. 

 

For sure. I'm up around tiers VIII, IX and X for tanks I'm researching and buying. I play almost every nation line in the game and the only ones that I have unlocked up to tier X is the British TD line because I wanted the FV215b (183), so my first two tier X tanks were that and the Badger. I have several tier IX's ready to go soon. I rebought some of my favorite previous tanks for tier VII and under with the discounts. :)

McSTER #9 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 04:48

    Private

  • Players
  • 13166 battles
  • 8
  • Member since:
    12-16-2011
I still question that the discount on your selected tank will remain AFTER Holiday Ops end. Can we get a SECOND CONFIRMATION from SOMEONE IN WARGAMING?

NeutronRaptor #10 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 04:50

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 29745 battles
  • 872
  • Member since:
    08-08-2013
Yep they are forever. I put a discount on the IS7 and T10 from last years event and they still show the discounted prices in the tech trees for whenever I feel like getting the tanks. 

commander42 #11 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 04:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 26794 battles
  • 5,221
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P
  • Member since:
    07-08-2013

View PostMcSTER, on Jan 07 2019 - 22:48, said:

I still question that the discount on your selected tank will remain AFTER Holiday Ops end. Can we get a SECOND CONFIRMATION from SOMEONE IN WARGAMING?

 

that is how it has always worked in the past, I still have discounts on Swedish tds from that event.

Ded_man #12 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 05:13

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 25038 battles
  • 5,677
  • [-OGR-] -OGR-
  • Member since:
    09-23-2010

This might have been answered before in other threads, but I've been a bit out of touch and intermittently playing. 

 

We no longer have a deadline to assign the Christmas recruits now that there is a recruit tab in the in the barracks right or must the be assigned?



FrontenacDuVandoo #13 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 17:21

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 15655 battles
  • 789
  • [BBI2] BBI2
  • Member since:
    06-16-2017

View PostMcSTER, on Jan 07 2019 - 23:48, said:

I still question that the discount on your selected tank will remain AFTER Holiday Ops end. Can we get a SECOND CONFIRMATION from SOMEONE IN WARGAMING?

 

I still haven' used a 100% discount on a tier 5 from last year, it's still active.

I used the discount on my IS-3 from last year just a few weeks ago.



Tokeda #14 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 17:40

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 33822 battles
  • 291
  • Member since:
    12-13-2015
Are the on-track discounts and holiday ops discounts additive?  

Arcata #15 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 20:52

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 6868 battles
  • 280
  • Member since:
    10-01-2014

View PostDed_man, on Jan 08 2019 - 05:13, said:

This might have been answered before in other threads, but I've been a bit out of touch and intermittently playing. 

 

We no longer have a deadline to assign the Christmas recruits now that there is a recruit tab in the in the barracks right or must the be assigned?

 

That is correct.  Wargaming said in the official announcement video that there is no deadline to recruit the female crew.  None, zip, nada.  They last forever in your garage.  

Ded_man #16 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 20:58

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 25038 battles
  • 5,677
  • [-OGR-] -OGR-
  • Member since:
    09-23-2010

View PostArcata, on Jan 08 2019 - 14:52, said:

 

That is correct.  Wargaming said in the official announcement video that there is no deadline to recruit the female crew.  None, zip, nada.  They last forever in your garage.  

 

Thanks!

FrontenacDuVandoo #17 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 23:30

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 15655 battles
  • 789
  • [BBI2] BBI2
  • Member since:
    06-16-2017

View PostTokeda, on Jan 08 2019 - 12:40, said:

Are the on-track discounts and holiday ops discounts additive?  

 

No, the highest discount is applied.

 

For those who want something official: https://worldoftanks...liday-ops-2019/



BeastLoad #18 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 20:57

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 36319 battles
  • 153
  • [RELAX] RELAX
  • Member since:
    01-01-2013

The discounts will stay until you use them.  I still have one from last year.  But...

 

* YOU MUST APPLY THE DISCOUNT TO A SPECIFIC TANK BY THE TIME 1.4 PATCH ARRIVES, TENTATIVELY SCHEDULED FOR EARLY FEBRUARY*

                                         ANY UNASSIGNED DISCOUNTS WILL DISAPPEAR WHEN THE NEW PATCH COMES OUT



landedkiller #19 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 00:56

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 8569 battles
  • 1,528
  • Member since:
    04-01-2013

View Postorangeandblue, on Jan 02 2019 - 17:30, said:

 

For sure. I'm up around tiers VIII, IX and X for tanks I'm researching and buying. I play almost every nation line in the game and the only ones that I have unlocked up to tier X is the British TD line because I wanted the FV215b (183), so my first two tier X tanks were that and the Badger. I have several tier IX's ready to go soon. I rebought some of my favorite previous tanks for tier VII and under with the discounts. :)

When they were first introduced in December of 2016 the first tree decorating event it gave everyone discounts on the Swedish td line. We need a summer version of this event for sure. Maybe decorate a palm tree and island event.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users