Personal Ratings - Bullying

Bullying PR Statistics Why play?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

_xxLOOPYxx_ #1 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 08:47

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 25145 battles
It is my opinion that the more Tanks you grind to elite status in the Tech Tree, or the more premium tanks you own, the more your PR stagnates, even rolls backwards.  It seems the more experience gained, and battles undertaken, your overall personal ratings stagnate, even go in a downward spiral.  While I appreciate wargaming.nets effort to enhance the graphics and keep the game up to date for player interest and competitiveness, I have been seeing an increasing amount of Defeat and Draw battles, rather than winning ones... Even when I am in the top five on the leader-board... I am also hearing from other players who have noticed a huge tip in the negative balance with their win/loss ratios.  Try as one does to improve PR stats, and win-rate, most of the time it is simply imposible due to other factors at play.  I think it is time that wargaming looked at this side of the game and address some of these issues.  My opinion is that underage players (- 12) are permitted to just run riot in battles, and inexperienced players who buy tanks instead of grinding the tech tree are ruining the game.  Bullying is also a big issue where bullies use a player's PR stats to justify their abuse... Instead of looking at the whole dynamics of the players tank history, experience and understanding the dynamics of team effort to ensure a victorious outcome for all.  In my opinion World of Tanks has been declining since patch 2016 when they started making the initial changes to tank dynamics and maps... I seldom play now due to the continual string of losses, which in many cases are unjustified, simply caused by bad teamwork, or inexperienced players.   Clan members and other players with experience have voiced how they are struggling to win battles, so it isn't just me who feels the same way.  Even quickybaby voiced similar findings recently in a YouTube video, although I have been seeing a slow decline prior to his predicted time frame.

_1204_ #2 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 08:53

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 924 battles

People see stats and jump to conclusions. I have decent stats and low battles so I must be a scummy reroll. Not really true, just using my WoWS account. Its not like I had 20k games and decided to randomly start over in hopes of a 75% WR... 

I wouldnt worry about it. Its just a number. If your top 5 on a loss there is nothing to complain about

Ratnikk #3 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 09:53

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10495 battles
When i get multiple consecutive losses like 5-6 i just log off. Why would i put up with that SH**T. Its up to wargaming to fix their game. The ''random'' battles dont feel very random to me. Maybe theres a secret script puttting you with bad teammates once you win too often lol.

jt1alta #4 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 10:16

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 39552 battles

Good stats,bad stats, we all have trouble keeping our family members eyes from glazing over when we talk about the game.

Do it because its entertaining. Listen to the good players and feel sorry the for the ones who are playing a game that they hate so much but still haven't figured out they can leave at anytime.

As for the bully types,if they aint paying your rent they aint important are they?

glhf

Edited by jt1alta, Jan 02 2019 - 10:17.

orangeandblue #5 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 10:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29012 battles
Shoot I was top 3 on a loss in my ISU-152 in an encounter game. I paused for a minute or two at the beginning of the game because the middle road wasn't being covered well enough and there was an E25 on it so I targeted the E25 for a bit. Then after he didn't reappear I started towards the objective, one shot 2 or 3 tanks in spite on the long reload, relatively weak armor of the tank destroyer and low HP pool for the tier, and still got ragged on - actually accused of waiting until most of our team died before springing to action. That was actually one of the more entertaining ones. Like, yeah, I waited till I knew it was a lost cause and then decided what the heck. Whatevs. I've recently started thinking about just turning off in-game chat altogether. It's not really productive anyway.

orangeandblue #6 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 10:45

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29012 battles

View PostRatnikk, on Jan 02 2019 - 00:53, said:

When i get multiple consecutive losses like 5-6 i just log off. Why would i put up with that SH**T. Its up to wargaming to fix their game. The ''random'' battles dont feel very random to me. Maybe theres a secret script puttting you with bad teammates once you win too often lol.

I'm not quite that disciplined which is probably partially why my stats aren't so hot, but that has more to do with that fact that I was absolutely horrible at this game when I first started and I just didn't really know much about stats or care I suppose, I'm not sure which but it doesn't really matter now. By the time I became relatively decent at the game it was basically too late - too many losses and low damage games to balance out the equations. So now I have higher damage games, still rarely carry although it happens from time-to-time, but yeah I agree with you - the games don't seem all that random at times. Like one side is noticeably more stacked. 

_Tsavo_ #7 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 11:59

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 43606 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

If you're not having fun, don't try to force it.   Take a break.   Enjoy a different game for a week, play a different tank for a week.   Don't let it get to you.   

As for the wins and number of defeats, you'll only get so far looking for excuses.   You'll have to be the one who drags your team kicking and screaming to a win, and that isn't easy.   Buckle down, punch them enemies, and if you're struggling, seek improvement here.   There's a fair many who'll be happy to help. 

Machisman #8 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 16:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 33881 battles
  • [TUF] TUF

View Postjt1alta, on Jan 02 2019 - 03:16, said:

Good stats,bad stats, we all have trouble keeping our family members eyes from glazing over when we talk about the game.

Do it because its entertaining. Listen to the good players and feel sorry the for the ones who are playing a game that they hate so much but still haven't figured out they can leave at anytime.

As for the bully types,if they aint paying your rent they aint important are they?

glhf

oh yeah, the reason for this post is because of ppl like you. 38k battles with 400 average damage ratio. Not sure why you are even playing this game. Did you realize how bad you are and how gutsy you are to say that average or good players are not important in battles.

Ich_bin_Hass #9 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 18:42

Captain

• Players
  • 78832 battles
  • [1VETS] 1VETS

View Post_xxLOOPYxx_, on Jan 02 2019 - 01:47, said:

It is my opinion that the more Tanks you grind to elite status in the Tech Tree, or the more premium tanks you own, the more your PR stagnates, even rolls backwards.  It seems the more experience gained, and battles undertaken, your overall personal ratings stagnate, even go in a downward spiral.  While I appreciate wargaming.nets effort to enhance the graphics and keep the game up to date for player interest and competitiveness, I have been seeing an increasing amount of Defeat and Draw battles, rather than winning ones... Even when I am in the top five on the leader-board... I am also hearing from other players who have noticed a huge tip in the negative balance with their win/loss ratios.  Try as one does to improve PR stats, and win-rate, most of the time it is simply imposible due to other factors at play.  I think it is time that wargaming looked at this side of the game and address some of these issues.  My opinion is that underage players (- 12) are permitted to just run riot in battles, and inexperienced players who buy tanks instead of grinding the tech tree are ruining the game.  Bullying is also a big issue where bullies use a player's PR stats to justify their abuse... Instead of looking at the whole dynamics of the players tank history, experience and understanding the dynamics of team effort to ensure a victorious outcome for all.  In my opinion World of Tanks has been declining since patch 2016 when they started making the initial changes to tank dynamics and maps... I seldom play now due to the continual string of losses, which in many cases are unjustified, simply caused by bad teamwork, or inexperienced players.   Clan members and other players with experience have voiced how they are struggling to win battles, so it isn't just me who feels the same way.  Even quickybaby voiced similar findings recently in a YouTube video, although I have been seeing a slow decline prior to his predicted time frame.

Been this way ever since XVM came online. It was NEVER this TOXIC before XVM. IMHO XVM should be banned.

dunniteowl #10 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 18:43

Major

• -Players-
  • 26435 battles

View Post_xxLOOPYxx_, on Jan 02 2019 - 01:47, said:

Being as how you have more time to read, due to your reduced playing, perhaps this might assist you in increasing your PR, WR and stats.

The WoT Welcome Package

At your number of matches, you have developed habits of play that are not serving you.  Your stats are indicative of either a severe deficit of game mechanics knowledge or a surfeit of application of life skills.  This could be for any number of reasons: age or injury related infirmity, lack of cognitive awareness (this is not a criticism, it's a thing where some folks simply cannot grasp certain functions of thought for varying reasons), spatial acuity issues, poor hand-eye coordination (even if this is not a twitch/speed related game, there are elements of necessary accuracy in motion and aiming) or serious technical issues.

Also, at your number of matches, your stats are an indicator of your consistency of play as geared to successful outcomes.

The WoT Welcome Package includes what I consider the Core Essential Information to allow anyone who can read and comprehend it to become a Better Player, no matter how many games, matches, battles, what-have-you, that you have already played.  It is what took ME from a steady 48% player to a relatively regular 54% player.  That, pretty much and my willingness to own my performance and recognize that if I wanted better games, I had to become a better player and what I was doing was not that. 

That said, who WOULDN'T wish to jump 6% points in this game in terms of personal improvement?

I didn't do it to have better stats.  I did it, because I was NOT HAVING FUN.  If you are not having fun, you can do a number of things:  

A) Find something else.

B) Do something to improve your situation

C) Piss and moan and do it the same as you have always done

D) Accept your situation and be okay with it.

I decided that, in order to find more fun, I had to choose Option B.

And you know what? 

IT WORKED!!

I enjoy the game a LOT MORE now.  I just had a pair of losses that were pulse-pounding excitement from the start to the finish.  I did well, but not superlatively so.  I lasted to the end of the game, I did a lot of damage and had to think fast, put out effort and use what I knew to keep me alive to the last.  Even though I lost, I had FUN!

I also, though, WIN a lot more and that is fun, too.

My stats have steadily increased and that is satisfying, without question.

I am also, quite clearly based on what I have learned from the information in the WWP, a Better Player than I was before.

I am living proof that what's in that WWP works, because I USE IT MYSELF!

GL, HF & HSYBF!

OvO

dunniteowl #11 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 18:47

Major

• -Players-
  • 26435 battles

View PostMachisman, on Jan 02 2019 - 09:44, said:

oh yeah, the reason for this post is because of ppl like you. 38k battles with 400 average damage ratio. Not sure why you are even playing this game. Did you realize how bad you are and how gutsy you are to say that average or good players are not important in battles.

And YOU are one of the reasons people quit -- what a crap and arrogant attitude you display.  You know nothing, John Snow.

Wing Fully DOWN on this one.

OvO

(wish I could figure out how to make my little owl image GLARE)

shrineking1 #12 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 19:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 16558 battles
  • [RNGUN] RNGUN

View Post_xxLOOPYxx_, on Jan 02 2019 - 07:47, said:

View Post_1204_, on Jan 02 2019 - 07:53, said:

People see stats and jump to conclusions. I have decent stats and low battles so I must be a scummy reroll. Not really true, just using my WoWS account. Its not like I had 20k games and decided to randomly start over in hopes of a 75% WR... 

I wouldnt worry about it. Its just a number. If your top 5 on a loss there is nothing to complain about

View Post_Tsavo_, on Jan 02 2019 - 10:59, said:

If you're not having fun, don't try to force it.   Take a break.   Enjoy a different game for a week, play a different tank for a week.   Don't let it get to you.   

As for the wins and number of defeats, you'll only get so far looking for excuses.   You'll have to be the one who drags your team kicking and screaming to a win, and that isn't easy.   Buckle down, punch them enemies, and if you're struggling, seek improvement here.   There's a fair many who'll be happy to help. 

While stats are just a number there is a lot of interaction that occurs in the game based on it along with judgement. The sad bit is the ratings people review are not even the same as some are looking at WN8, Recent WN8, Tank WN8, or Personal Rating. While I have not seen a stagnation or loss of PR for my account even with match loss increases its in my opinion to agree that these ratings are not really helping the user/gamer experience. Since it is not really used to match people for similar "Talent" then it should only be view-able personally. 

In truth if you look at a lot of these ratings the fact that win rate is calculated when your also reliant on other players, current missions, new meta tanks, new premium tanks, etc etc just doesn't really help. If you ask me the only indicator that should be even looked at is Experienced earned. Those that argue this is unfair, as you earn more experience being bottom tier, should really think on that... the player is performing better than others... at a lower tier....against higher tier tanks... Also keep in mind it would balance out over averages since we SHOULD all see similar match ups (Right Wargaming??!) 

Also telling people to just take a break that may have paid money to play the game is kind of rude. As I am sure we are all wanting to have fun in the game especially so if you have dropped money into it right?

Loopy - While i know this doesn't solve anything for the game itself what I would recommend is play particular tanks that create the enjoyable experience or seemingly have higher win rates for the time being. From the last 3 to 6 months I have noticed the wining teams tend to have more maneuverability and fire power with maybe only certain very hard tanks to kill. For example play something alone the line of: IS-3A (Cuz its broke ;), Obj 705A, Obj 277, Obj 240U, Obj 268 4, Progetto 65, Bat Chat (like anything pretty much), STRV, 60 TP, Foch, TVP, Sheridan, LT-100, PZ Kpfw VII (something like that hard to remember off hand lol), Centurion, T95, T110E3/4,  and FV4005. I am sure there are more but I think you will see the trend ;) 

Happy Hunting! 

RoadSplat309 #13 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 20:10

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 25848 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

I have read your post and agree and i have read a few followups to your post and it seems to me that WOT needs to up date there stats one person responded to your damage rate of 400 dont feel bad mine is not much better and i have had the opportunity to fight in CW T10 and have out produced the more so called higher stat players with damage done following calls etc and i dont hide in the back and tell everyone that they dont know how to play there tanks  in beat my chest and think i am some kinda Uni cum with less then stellar statsa

I average in 60 games almost 2000 W8 but by overall is 800 or so  and my over all is 500 and i cant seem to make it  go higher 

Someone told me because i did not take game serious and had let my grandson play the same account that it whould take another 20 K battles to get to 50% which i whould be happy with but to say i am in it for that many more battles I am not sure 

And most of the reasons I am not sure how much longer i will play this game is for that simple reason I had found great enjoyment of being a part of a clan and fighting in CW Tier 10 but my last clan had a major change in heart in deemed if your stats where not up to 1000 you no longer could be in the clan and i understand that to a point but if a players stats are calculated in day intervals why not change there recent to reflect all of this to real time instead of over all 

I have a feeling that WOT is imploding there own game with these stats since there are a lot of good players that have interest in other aspects of this game but can not get there because of the way it all calculates out 

And I am not saying i want to be a Unicum or anything like that that does take a lot skill and Knowledge of all tanks in game and one last thing that most forget that some of these great players might have invested a lot in to there computers and have the best chance possible  but not to be at least up to 4 K PR and to have at least a 1000 Recent W8 is not much to ask for But the way things are going I will probably drop this game like the other Thousands of players do for probably the same reasons and let all the Chest ponders and greats support this fixed rated game 

FrDashing #14 Posted Jan 03 2019 - 00:49

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18065 battles
  • [-BC-F] -BC-F

View Postdunniteowl, on Jan 02 2019 - 12:47, said:

And YOU are one of the reasons people quit -- what a crap and arrogant attitude you display.  You know nothing, John Snow.

Wing Fully DOWN on this one.

OvO

(wish I could figure out how to make my little owl image GLARE)

ⓞvⓞ

dunniteowl #15 Posted Jan 03 2019 - 02:46

Major

• -Players-
  • 26435 battles

^^   Thanks!  ^^ that's more like what I had in mind!

OvO

Machisman #16 Posted Jan 03 2019 - 18:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 33881 battles
  • [TUF] TUF

Reasons why players get frustrated with MM

1. Blowout battles - One team is stronger than the other - directly relates to the players performance. In this case take into account of Personal rating and WN8. 

2. New players learning this game in tier 10. New players can easily get to tier 6 now a days. This was not the case few years back. We had to struggle to get to tier 6 and above.

3. BOTS - Either real bots or people who have more than 20k battles and not learnt this game. Frustrated because the other players are not carrying them. Call it stat shamming or whatever. Fact is bad players outnumber the average or good players in NA server.

4. Experienced players (Avg and good players) - Tough to grind a new tank line, if you have to start from Tier 4. Its just tough regardless of how good you are. Remember this is a 15 v 15 and not 1 V 15. 

Also tagged with Bullying, PR, Statistics, Why play?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users