Unable to login to forums.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

_Spade_ #1 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 14:54

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21296 battles
  • [NEET] NEET

I've had an issue for the past few weeks where I am unable to log in to the forums on my PC. I can log in to the game, the game website, and the forums for WG's other properties. I can log in to the WoT forums on my phone, but when I attempt to do so on my PC, a green loading animation briefly appears at the top of the screen and then the page goes dim like it's behind a tinted window and I can't click anything. I've restarted my browser, purged my cache and deleted cookies, amd restarted my PC all to no avail. I've even disabled all the security and safety features in the browser and it still didn't work. 

It's not like I'm a prolific poster or anything, but it's still super annoying.

Project100 #2 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 15:03

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2972 battles
  • [I-U-D] I-U-D

View Post_Spade_, on Jan 02 2019 - 08:54, said:

I've had an issue for the past few weeks where I am unable to log in to the forums on my PC. I can log in to the game, the game website, and the forums for WG's other properties. I can log in to the WoT forums on my phone, but when I attempt to do so on my PC, a green loading animation briefly appears at the top of the screen and then the page goes dim like it's behind a tinted window and I can't click anything. I've restarted my browser, purged my cache and deleted cookies, amd restarted my PC all to no avail. I've even disabled all the security and safety features in the browser and it still didn't work. 

It's not like I'm a prolific poster or anything, but it's still super annoying.

Try a different browser, maybe? I've had issues with Chrome that didn't happen on Firefox and vice-versa.

There's even the Microsoft one that comes with Windows in an emergency :ohmy:

Projectile_Misfired #3 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 15:44

Major

• Players
  • 37999 battles

Also check your security settings, anti-virus and browser. It's possible that your anti-virus and/or web browser recently updating and is now preventing access to "un-secure" websites.

Also, after a recent Windows update, my "Temporary Internet Files" location had apparently changed. Cause some odd behavior until I resolved that issue.

_Spade_ #4 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 15:50

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21296 battles
  • [NEET] NEET
Well, I've got it working now, though I have no idea how. I've just been repeating the same things I've been doing over and over and suddenly it worked.

Project100 #5 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 16:05

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2972 battles
  • [I-U-D] I-U-D

View Post_Spade_, on Jan 02 2019 - 09:50, said:

Well, I've got it working now, though I have no idea how. I've just been repeating the same things I've been doing over and over and suddenly it worked.

Not sure if it could be the same thing or not, but I know there was an issue a few weeks ago where WG didn't update their security certificate and some people were having trouble connecting. Maybe it was something similar and it wasn't on your end at all.

Glad you got it sorted out, in any case.

Po1ar_Gaming #6 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 17:27

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 182 battles
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F
Weird. I've had these issues on my phone when using different accounts and stuff. Clearing the search history (and it probably removed the cookies and cleared the cache as well) seemed to work for me.

heavymetal1967 #7 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 18:09

Major

• Players
  • 71522 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostProject100, on Jan 02 2019 - 10:05, said:

Not sure if it could be the same thing or not, but I know there was an issue a few weeks ago where WG didn't update their security certificate and some people were having trouble connecting. Maybe it was something similar and it wasn't on your end at all.

Glad you got it sorted out, in any case.

This I'm guessing.  Also mine's back to normal since yesterday, but sometime after Christmas I kept getting that second authentication box (the one for bots) every time.  So maybe they changed some settings.

Per quoted poster glad it's sorted out.

drohrsmanpuding #8 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 20:01

Sergeant

• Players
  • 64024 battles
  • [5D] 5D

you probably got banned from the forum. My dad who i live with, got banned from the forum. The reason? they said i have 2 accounts and that is NOT allowed when i have an account AND my dad has an account AND we both live here, same IP address so they automatically assume it's me. This was like 2 years ago and he can't even freaking ask a question if he needs help. 

Put in a ticket and ask about it.

How about THAT for tech support?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users