Another prem round thread #sorry

Gold gold ammo prem prem ammo rebalance nerf

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

nac2011 #1 Posted Jan 03 2019 - 01:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18863 battles

So I've been lurking around, seeing what's being said and done about the prem round rebalance, and while I'm thankful that the issue is finally getting some attention, I can't help but feel a bit underwhelmed. But it is still early so take that as you will. 

I think the thing that gets to me most (and the thing I rarely see discussed) is the like of any kind of dynamics when it comes to ammo selection. Literally the only deciding factor before the suggested changes was how pen the shell has. You shot what was reliable. With the changes they factor shell damage in a little, but at the end of the day, I still feel like people are going to shoot what pens. And the prohibitive cost of firing gold isn't actually all that prohibitive. It's expensive, but if you do well, or if you have boosters, or if you have a prem account, or if you're driving a prem tank, or if you play during an event, you can make credits. In short, not much is gonna change. 

I would have liked to see more factors added into the equation, when it comes to deciding what ammo to use. Both of the other tanks games give you reasons to choose between different types of ammo. WoT should to. Like what if certain shell types changed the handling stats on your gun? Like firing regular AP gave you the highest dpm (out of all the anti tank rounds), but only middle of the road accuracy and pen, while HEAT gave the lowest dpm (10% slower load time per shell or something), the lowest accuracy, and didn't work against slopped/spaced armor, but had the highest pen. Or having APCR be the most accurate and highest velocity, fastest firing round, but it does the least amount of vehicle/crew/module damage.

I also think every tank should have access to every kind of round. You can still only take 3 types of rounds, but you have multiple rounds to choose from to fill those three spots. I think it would add more variety to the game, and allow people to spec into a particular play style even more. Like I think it would be cool to load up say a Pershing with a mid range high alpha (relatively speaking) ammo at the expense of aim time, accuracy, and a disadvantage against spaced armor. Or load an IS up with high velocity high pen low alpha ammo with poor gun handling. Granted this might require a global rebalancing, but we're headed for something like that anyways.  

TL;DR

give me actual reasons besides high pen and low damage to choose certain ammo types 

Thoughts?

Edited by nac2011, Jan 03 2019 - 01:15.

Sic_Transit_Gloria #2 Posted Jan 03 2019 - 01:28

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16521 battles
I'm not sure that the accuracy difference can be implemented, but making ammo types unique sounds cool to me. I don't agree with giving every tank every ammo, this doesn't make sense for a lot of guns and complicates the hotkeys. Instead, a tank could be. Balance by its ammo selection, for example the t-34s's apcr-standard gun could have interesting play. 

nac2011 #3 Posted Jan 03 2019 - 01:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18863 battles

View PostSic_Transit_Gloria, on Jan 02 2019 - 19:28, said:

I'm not sure that the accuracy difference can be implemented, but making ammo types unique sounds cool to me. I don't agree with giving every tank every ammo, this doesn't make sense for a lot of guns and complicates the hotkeys. Instead, a tank could be. Balance by its ammo selection, for example the t-34s's apcr-standard gun could have interesting play. 

Giving every tank every ammo type is more of a generalization. Its more so that every tank gets more than three ammo types (development period, and gun type respective), but is only able to bring three types of them into battle. So hot keys stay the same, and we don't have FV4005's shooting APCR. 

Also tagged with Gold, gold ammo, prem, prem ammo, rebalance, nerf

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users