• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

Sylvado #161 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 19:52

Major

• Players
  • 67565 battles
  • [LOAC] LOAC

View PostGriffon327327, on Jan 11 2019 - 10:59, said:

in the past you could use a tier 8 premium to grind gold but that was the past ... these days if you do not have a premium account or a new op tier 8 premium (skorpion G defenderetc) the older premium tier 8 tanks cannot play on level playing field with tier 8 tanks let alone the always in a tier 10 battle scenario

the lorr 40t premium medium ?? thats a tier 9 tank same as the sonoma .. used to be a tier 8 premium had hp and armor and a sorta crappy gun that needed gold to pen .. new tier 8 premiums have a gun that fires regular rounds better then the older ones premium rounds . you cannot grind credits in a tier 8 premium without a premium account using the older tanks they are not cost efficient.. sure you can get 20-30k credits but in old days never once fired gold in a lowe and used to make 60-80k credits a battle easily and 120k credits plus when free premium was handed out.   I have been playing so long without premium that if I win a few days premium I can play tier 10 tanks and actually make credits using regular ammo because Im so used to aiming at weak points instead of driving around right clicking auto loack left click fire gold ... a good deal of the "good" player are not even playing they are simply loading gold ammo right click auto loack left click shoot all they are doing is sterring their tank the auto aim feature is doing everything for them .. take away all their gold ammo and mods and they are weak lil puppies

I have earned 40 million credits with the 42-57 in about a month

Korvick #162 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 23:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 2119 battles

View PostSnakePliskan, on Jan 11 2019 - 01:45, said:

So now your redefining a long standing definition of a term in online games with this? Really buddy please stop.

Thank you Snake.  You've pretty much summed up what I've been trying to say.

View PostD1rkjr, on Jan 11 2019 - 02:17, said:

[edited], WoT is widely considered pay 2 win

Yes, back when the only way to get an advantage (gold ammo) was by paying.  The moment you could do it by spending time, this ceased to be valid.  The fact that time can be bought with money is irrelevant to the equation.  You can still buy gold ammo without paying anything.  I have a test account that has spent zero money.  It's doing just as well as my other accounts.  Where's the p2w?

View PostSylvado, on Jan 11 2019 - 18:51, said:

People are widely wrong.

Thank you as well Sylvado, for also summing up my much more rambling reply into a way better line :)

Korvick #163 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 01:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 2119 battles

View PostD1rkjr, on Jan 11 2019 - 02:25, said:

Or are you arguing that its possible to run food, prem consumables,  and full apcr all the time without paying real money?

You cant run that sort of loadout all the time unless you are paying real money... using that kind of loadout gives you a real advantage over people who are not...

Therefore you can gain an advantage over other players by paying money. Thats pay 2 win. 

Yes you can.  Yes I have.  I keep saying this.  On Asia Server, Havlock is my main.  AvrillynK is my test account.  Zero cash spent on the 2nd.  I have a better win rate on Avrillyn but that's really cuz its a reroll so I don't have the baggage of the rubbish games I had when I first started.

Couple of points

1) You only ever buy prem consumables during 50% of specials.  I still have over 300+ large fire ext on both accounts.  EVERY tank I play carries a Large FE.

2) Play a LOT of mid tier games.  That's where the easy money is.  10k a game profit may not be a lot but it adds up.  Win or lose.

3) I run 13 rounds or 1/4 load of Gold ammo on all my tanks.  I hardly use them but when I need to, I do.  I still win games with this playstyle.

4) Expect to lose money in high tier games.  All the time.  Accept it.  You make up the money playing mid tier games.

riot_evo #164 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 02:08

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18288 battles

View PostKorvick, on Jan 12 2019 - 01:40, said:

4) Expect to lose money in high tier games.  All the time.  Accept it.  You make up the money playing mid tier games.

I do not accept this.

Flarvin #165 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 02:35

Major

• Players
  • 54419 battles

View PostD1rkjr, on Jan 10 2019 - 21:22, said:

no, it isnt

And paying to perform better in battle is clearly pay to win [edited]

And WoT  is not pay to win, nor is there any proof that is a widespread in belief 

Which was the complete reason for my post. Easy to make an ambiguous claim. 

KingOfBadlands #166 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 02:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22779 battles

View Postriot_evo, on Jan 11 2019 - 20:08, said:

I do not accept this.

It is true, Playing mainly tier 10 myself it is expensive. I'm an ok player but most games with tier 10 is a negative. Not complaining at all it is how I game.

riot_evo #167 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 03:07

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18288 battles

View PostKingOfBadlands, on Jan 12 2019 - 02:47, said:

It is true, Playing mainly tier 10 myself it is expensive. I'm an ok player but most games with tier 10 is a negative. Not complaining at all it is how I game.

I agree it is expensive. I do lose money but not all the time. Don't worry I'm not good either lol.

Deathstar_Commander #168 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 03:18

Major

• Players
  • 51681 battles
  • [YODA] YODA
I hate buying expensive rounds just to have them bounce off [edited]armor in a lobsidded MM that puts you bottom tier all the time unless you're in a tier x.

SnakePliskan #169 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 03:20

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 27 battles

View PostD1rkjr, on Jan 11 2019 - 03:25, said:

Or are you arguing that its possible to run food, prem consumables,  and full apcr all the time without paying real money?

You cant run that sort of loadout all the time unless you are paying real money... using that kind of loadout gives you a real advantage over people who are not...

Therefore you can gain an advantage over other players by paying money. Thats pay 2 win. 

Even the playing field then if that's your position. I have a code that might help you  GetAJob. Try it seems to work for most.

D1rkjr #170 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 03:21

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22209 battles

View PostKorvick, on Jan 12 2019 - 00:40, said:

Yes you can.  Yes I have.  I keep saying this.  On Asia Server, Havlock is my main.  AvrillynK is my test account.  Zero cash spent on the 2nd.  I have a better win rate on Avrillyn but that's really cuz its a reroll so I don't have the baggage of the rubbish games I had when I first started.

Couple of points

1) You only ever buy prem consumables during 50% of specials.  I still have over 300+ large fire ext on both accounts.  EVERY tank I play carries a Large FE.

2) Play a LOT of mid tier games.  That's where the easy money is.  10k a game profit may not be a lot but it adds up.  Win or lose.

3) I run 13 rounds or 1/4 load of Gold ammo on all my tanks.  I hardly use them but when I need to, I do.  I still win games with this playstyle.

You just said you DONT use prem shells unless you need to. Thats already a different situation than running full prem. What you are describing is exactly how I play and I make money. 

Im talking about people who are shooting prem shells close to 100% of the time (yes, people do that, people on the forums even admit they do that because they can afford to and have no reason not to)

GeorgePreddy #171 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 03:24

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostD1rkjr, on Jan 10 2019 - 23:17, said:

[edited], WoT is widely considered pay 2 win

No it isn't...

Korvick #172 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 04:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 2119 battles

View PostD1rkjr, on Jan 12 2019 - 02:21, said:

You just said you DONT use prem shells unless you need to. Thats already a different situation than running full prem. What you are describing is exactly how I play and I make money. 

Im talking about people who are shooting prem shells close to 100% of the time (yes, people do that, people on the forums even admit they do that because they can afford to and have no reason not to)

And I don't consider myself a loser.  I'm playing that style and I'm still winning.  That's why I don't consider WoT to be  Pay to Win.  Which is the only point we are debating here.  I can fire full Prem all the time if I want since I got over 10 million silver doing nothing (silver I earned playing exactly the way I've stated) and I can bet you my win rate isn't going to change (because I've tried playing shooting nothing but gold for a month and it didn't change anything). 

Shooting gold doesn't auto pen.  It doesn't make tanks explode like in a Micheal Bay film.  It does seem to give people a convenient excuse for hating on the game though.

I too feel Gold Ammo should never have been introduced but I don't have a time machine or a bazillion dollars to buy WG outright so we gotta live with it.  I welcome the incoming nerf.

ProximalCross #173 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 05:53

Private

• Players
  • 18884 battles
  • [FATED] FATED

lmboat all these people reasoning that WoT isn't PTW "because you can buy gold now with silver".

Your right you "can" buy it with silver but since you can also buy silver then theoretically you can still PTW. Even streamers are starting to call it out. Stop trying to justify it either.

I myself have been stuck on HT12 for well over a year now. Not because im bad or don't know how to play my tanks but because the second someone see "armor" they load that prem and go to town.

I love the argument that you " have to load gold also". lmboif that's the case the game I played against a type 5 a few days ago should have been and easy win for him. I don't load gold and I never will. Prior to the premium rd inflation it was a rarity to see anyone shooting premium much less spamming it as their only ammo. I enjoyed the duel so to speak. knowing their weak points and mine. I went out of my way learning mine and my enemies tanks. The game is dying and its because of people either leaving because of MM and premium spam. 

People often bring up the type 5 and being a reason why they have to fire premium. Weird I penned it just fine in my t9 WZ. but then again that the difference I guess. One player wants to out play the other and the others just want to outpay the other.

SnakePliskan #174 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 06:04

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 27 battles

View PostKorvick, on Jan 12 2019 - 04:44, said:

And I don't consider myself a loser.  I'm playing that style and I'm still winning.  That's why I don't consider WoT to be  Pay to Win.  Which is the only point we are debating here.  I can fire full Prem all the time if I want since I got over 10 million silver doing nothing (silver I earned playing exactly the way I've stated) and I can bet you my win rate isn't going to change (because I've tried playing shooting nothing but gold for a month and it didn't change anything). 

Shooting gold doesn't auto pen.  It doesn't make tanks explode like in a Micheal Bay film.  It does seem to give people a convenient excuse for hating on the game though.

I too feel Gold Ammo should never have been introduced but I don't have a time machine or a bazillion dollars to buy WG outright so we gotta live with it.  I welcome the incoming nerf.

Look past the facts you state here. I have a standard account on EU. I have never bought a single thing on that account. My win% is within a fraction of my NA account. I fire as much Gold as I want.

This subject has to be viewed from WGs business aspect. They are not changing pen. They are reducing damage significantly. The real issues with Prem ammo is the maps and RGN WG has programed in. The popular cry's on the forums is Gold spamming Prem ammo equates to  bad skills and not aiming. Changes will not correct either of these issues if they actually exist. So of the three issues what is easiest to change and still will make them money in theory? Change Prem ammo. In theory players will now have to fire 30 to 40% more shots  to do equal amount of damage. For the faction of players that fund their Gold ammo with purchases of credits it will cost more. Changing RGN and maps will not make them any money. The change placates the masses that erroneously believe that Gold spam equates to no skill an no aim. It makes WG look like they are listening.

nastykiller92 #175 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 06:23

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 22369 battles
People complain when those are only using gold rounds. E 100, I understand why gold is spammed, but still they need to learn how to not just load gold one round after another. obj 430U, doesn't need gold with its trolling armor, the 4 siege mode swedish TDs don't need it as they have the highest pen of their tier. Arties don't need gold and the LeFH needs to get its nerf/rebalance as wargaming lied to us when it came to the arty rebalance. Defender was a mistake because it has more armor effectiveness than the rest of the russian heavies. The major issue is tier 10s only loading gold means they suck at it. tier 10s don't need gold as they have a major pen increase from tier 9 to tier 10 compared to the pen increase between tier 8 and 9. The premium tanks that do get sold in the premium shop only could use a different method that consoles get: all premium tanks that are for sale are purchasable with gold, which increases more people being in tournaments to get gold.

Edited by nastykiller92, Jan 12 2019 - 06:24.

SnakePliskan #176 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 06:40

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 27 battles

View Postnastykiller92, on Jan 12 2019 - 06:23, said:

People complain when those are only using gold rounds. E 100, I understand why gold is spammed, but still they need to learn how to not just load gold one round after another. obj 430U, doesn't need gold with its trolling armor, the 4 siege mode swedish TDs don't need it as they have the highest pen of their tier. Arties don't need gold and the LeFH needs to get its nerf/rebalance as wargaming lied to us when it came to the arty rebalance. Defender was a mistake because it has more armor effectiveness than the rest of the russian heavies. The major issue is tier 10s only loading gold means they suck at it. tier 10s don't need gold as they have a major pen increase from tier 9 to tier 10 compared to the pen increase between tier 8 and 9. The premium tanks that do get sold in the premium shop only could use a different method that consoles get: all premium tanks that are for sale are purchasable with gold, which increases more people being in tournaments to get gold.

You do understand that Prem tanks cant be nerfed and will never be. EU has laws that WG doesn't want to deal with if they did.

D1rkjr #177 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 15:30

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22209 battles

View PostKorvick, on Jan 12 2019 - 03:44, said:

i never said you cant win without it either. But to act like it doesnt make you perform better is just being ignorant here man. Any shot you take with AP that had a less than 100% chance to pen is automatically more likely to pen with APCR.  Thats simply a fact. 

SnakePliskan #178 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 23:36

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 27 battles

View PostD1rkjr, on Jan 12 2019 - 15:30, said:

i never said you cant win without it either. But to act like it doesnt make you perform better is just being ignorant here man. Any shot you take with AP that had a less than 100% chance to pen is automatically more likely to pen with APCR.  Thats simply a fact. 

You do understand the Prem ammo change isn't a pen reduction just damage?????????????????

KingOfBadlands #179 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 23:49

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22779 battles

View PostSnakePliskan, on Jan 12 2019 - 17:36, said:

You do understand the Prem ammo change isn't a pen reduction just damage?????????????????

BahahaaahahaHAAAHAHAhaaaa I know it is a BUFF to the higher tiered tanks with more HP! I LOVE IT!

Korvick #180 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 02:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 2119 battles

View PostSnakePliskan, on Jan 12 2019 - 05:40, said:

You do understand that Prem tanks cant be nerfed and will never be. EU has laws that WG doesn't want to deal with if they did.

Firstly, Sorry to resurrect this dead thread.  Been without connection for a week due to issues here :)

Secondly, what do you mean Prem tanks can't be nerfed?  I know my Type 59 has gone thru multiple nerfs over the years.  The Super Pershing has been nerfed, buffed and renerfed multiple times.  And those are just the two tanks I know of.  Did I miss something?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users