180 replies to this topic

NeroGermanicus #21 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 01:12

Captain

• -Players-
  • 51688 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View PostscHnuuudle_bop, on Jan 03 2019 - 17:40, said:

I saw the greatest advice last year.

Get rid of your hit log, or at least the portion that tells you what type of ammo is hitting you.

Why knowing what type is hitting remains a mystery to me. 

If all you know is that you are getting hit, premium ammo concerns just fade away.

So ignorance is bliss huh?

The problem as I see it is that new players since they usually don't watch any videos or read how to play (me in the beginning) will just hit the 2 key as they just don't know any better. At least when tanks had frontal weak spots there was something to aim at and you didn't need special ed rounds.

View Postkapri25, on Jan 03 2019 - 18:08, said:

Regardless of whether you can buy gold rounds with credits or not, they get expensive real quick. Then WG wants to nerf the damage of it...we're going to see a lot more gold and the economy is going to really suck for high tier games. Thank god most tier 6 tanks are pretty balanced...for now.

Won't be bad for me as I never shoot Spechul ammo.

Edited by NeroGermanicus, Jan 04 2019 - 01:13.

Tiger_23 #22 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 01:14

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 10437 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-
I dont care, some games forced me to camp because everyone is loaded with APCR. I decided to play only with artillery, and was the best decision ever. 

Diesel__2 #23 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 01:19

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4591 battles
I never have and never will load premium ammo.  If I come  up to a tank I can't pen from the front......I wait for him to make a mistake allowing me  to hit a weak spot.Or, I'll leave him to the tanks on my team that can pen him.  I could never understand the concept of a tier 6 tank gun using a "special" round so it can equalize a higher tier tank.  Kind of defeats the purpose of lower /higher tier tanks in my mind.

UFO_Sailor #24 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 01:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 32624 battles
  • [LOYAL] LOYAL

View PostLesser_Spotted_Panzer, on Jan 03 2019 - 23:47, said:

I certainly wasn't great from the start and I definitely improved over time. However, I never used gold at all until the past two years thanks to the introduction of much better armored heavies and the stupid MM that puts me bottom tier 90% of the time. Even now, I only use gold sparingly in spite of having 125M creds in my account.

In any case, I am certainly not great and am only just above average.

I don't think it is fair that one player should have an advantage just by pressing the 2 key. I prefer this it be a skill based game. That's just my preference and the reduction of alpha for gold rounds will hopefully correct this.

How does he have an advantage you can press the same 2 key, which then makes it even. I can tell you it still takes skill to pen, its not like the gold rnds are auto pen, just have a few more spots to hit.  I can reducing maybe 10% fine but some of the reductions are almost half, if they reduce damage they should increase pen then by the same percentage points.  Now I will fire more still not pen more than 60% of the time and do 25 to 50% less damage and cost just the same, that is poopie.  You cant just think of yourself but of the entire game, do you really want players to leave over this ( I am not going anywhere) but others might, imho not worth it.

Korvick #25 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 01:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 2119 battles

View PostUFO_Sailor, on Jan 04 2019 - 00:36, said:

How does he have an advantage you can press the same 2 key, which then makes it even. I can tell you it still takes skill to pen, its not like the gold rnds are auto pen, just have a few more spots to hit.  I can reducing maybe 10% fine but some of the reductions are almost half, if they reduce damage they should increase pen then by the same percentage points.  Now I will fire more still not pen more than 60% of the time and do 25 to 50% less damage and cost just the same, that is poopie.  You cant just think of yourself but of the entire game, do you really want players to leave over this ( I am not going anywhere) but others might, imho not worth it.

The changes to Prem ammo are only to damage.  The pen is the same.  You will get zero difference in penetration rate.  They will just do less damage.  The whole point is that you can't just spam one type of round.  If you want to do more damage (and you know your weapon is capable of penning the tank) you have to use standard or HE, if you want to pen more, you use APCR.  This is about as simplified balanced as it gets.  More Pen, less damage.

vonkevin #26 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 01:54

Captain

• Players
  • 30650 battles

View PostLesser_Spotted_Panzer, on Jan 03 2019 - 19:47, said:

I don't think it is fair that one player should have an advantage just by pressing the 2 key. I prefer this it be a skill based game. That's just my preference and the reduction of alpha for gold rounds will hopefully correct this.

No, you just want one player to have an advantage simply by pressing "A" or "D" to angle his armor, thereby increasing its effective thickness.  Pressing 2 is the logical counter to that.  Guns always have and always will overcome armor.  Somehow, I guess, the "skill" of pressing A or D is more valuable than the "Skill" of pressing 2.

Sylvado #27 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 02:14

Major

• Players
  • 67565 battles
  • [LOAC] LOAC

View Postsuntzu50, on Jan 03 2019 - 22:24, said:

Something i do not understand about all the hate with gold rounds in the game. I have been playing for 7 years and yes the first few years gold was for CW. Do i see a lot of it now yes, but i ask what are they to do? WG set the game up that you needed to have and play T8 premium tanks to play the game. And it is a game BTW this is very far from a tank Sim. you need T8 premium tanks, to level your crews, to make silver so you can buy new tanks, and not only do you need it for the tank but the gun track ect. They sent the economy up so you had to play T8 tanks. They are the ones that decided that T8 was the level of the tank they would use. Then they brought in OP t10 tanks into that line (lest we forget that at one time T30 was the end of the US line) and came up with the idea that clan tanks would be locked in CW, so now you needed even more tanks to grind, and i am not even going to start about, buff this tank, nerf this tank, game that WG keeps playing. Ask anyone that has been playing CW for a long time, the list goes on it seems forever with the new flavor, for the game for CW.

What do you want them to do? There are many T10s they can not pen without the gold and the t10 tanks many of them can take half there hit points with one shot and many that can all most take them all. we all see it in the games, got a T8 in front of you just roll around dump you clip or fire your Derp and move on. What are they to do just roll over and let you farm damage from them? And do not say relocate, try moving around in a T8 heavy, or better yet see how running from a T10 clip med works for you. 

The fault is with WG for setting up the economy of the game to run off T8 Prem. tanks.  For changing the stats of the T10 line every other day it seems. For a matchmaker, that puts T8s in the middle or the bottom most of the time.  And for putting gold rounds in the game in the first place.   

I have a few tier 8 premium tanks, I don't play them. I have destroyed at least one of every tank in the game without using premium ammo.

KingOfBadlands #28 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 02:20

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22779 battles
I have premium tanks but i don't play them, i buy them just to have them.

suntzu50 #29 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 02:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 28392 battles
  • [HOOL] HOOL
Anyone that says T8 tanks can pen one tank every game is missing the point, so can i what the hell does that have to do with anything. Yea i can pen a tank sideways and i sure hope you can, but we are talking about competing here, not  making one shot and say well that is win. And weak spots LOL too funny most t10s (if the player has any brains) will show you nothing but red.   Any PvP game lives or dies on the balance of the players in the game not there skill but does one side or class get a big edge in battle. And the way that WG has set the game up is one side or type (you pick the word you like) gets a large edge, all most every game.   

Flarvin #30 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 02:33

Major

• Players
  • 54269 battles

“gold haters need to explain why they hate”

”Gold haters” don’t have to explain anything, especially to the OP. 

The only one with control is WG. While I dislike their proposed changes, it is completely up to them. 

Flarvin #31 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 02:38

Major

• Players
  • 54269 battles

View Postsuntzu50, on Jan 03 2019 - 20:29, said:

Anyone that says T8 tanks can pen one tank every game is missing the point, so can i what the hell does that have to do with anything. Yea i can pen a tank sideways and i sure hope you can, but we are talking about competing here, not  making one shot and say well that is win. And weak spots LOL too funny most t10s (if the player has any brains) will show you nothing but red.   Any PvP game lives or dies on the balance of the players in the game not there skill but does one side or class get a big edge in battle. And the way that WG has set the game up is one side or type (you pick the word you like) gets a large edge, all most every game.   

If competing to you is just parking in front of every tank you engage, then you are the problem. 

This is a team game, like it or not. And there are plenty of ways to be competitive bottom tier, even when you can’t pen the front of a top tier tank. 

Add in the fact that all class get to be top tier, not just super heavies, there should be plenty of targets to pen most matches. 

riot_evo #32 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 03:11

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18070 battles

View Postlatvius, on Jan 03 2019 - 22:31, said:

From what I can summarize of your post you are asking why do players complain about tier 8's shooting gold at tier 10 tanks?  Answer is they don't  Players complain about tier 10 tanks shooting gold at tier 8's  (Simplified answer)

If I have gold loaded in my [edited]barn and a tier 8 comes running through my line when I'm expecting a tier 10, I'm not going to waste 24 seconds to reload an AP round, I'm going to erase the tier 8 and wait for that juicy tier 10 hp pool. If I'm playing tanks with a high RoF then I'll adjust accordingly; I don't need gold on a hell kitty if I'm bottom tier in my cromB. I will and have, used gold on t29s and the tier 8 baby maus, again when I was in my cromB.

riot_evo #33 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 03:16

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18070 battles

View PostFlarvin, on Jan 04 2019 - 02:38, said:

If competing to you is just parking in front of every tank you engage, then you are the problem. 

This is a team game, like it or not. And there are plenty of ways to be competitive bottom tier, even when you can’t pen the front of a top tier tank. 

Add in the fact that all class get to be top tier, not just super heavies, there should be plenty of targets to pen most matches. 

Double post but.

Agreed, I was in my isu122 and came up on a WZ4, couldn't pen the front, didn't feel like using gold, so I spammed ap at his tracks and kept him permanently tracked so that our t54 and amx30 drove circle pumping rounds into him. Rather than wasting gold (I bounced the first gold round off his lower plate) I figured (being a tier 7) why not keep him perma tracked and let the top tier take him out with ease. We won, I got a load of assistance damage that game.

I say that to people when I'm top tier, if you feel like you're useless, track the enemy and keep them tracked.

Flarvin #34 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 03:59

Major

• Players
  • 54269 battles

View Postriot_evo, on Jan 03 2019 - 21:16, said:

Double post but.

Agreed, I was in my isu122 and came up on a WZ4, couldn't pen the front, didn't feel like using gold, so I spammed ap at his tracks and kept him permanently tracked so that our t54 and amx30 drove circle pumping rounds into him. Rather than wasting gold (I bounced the first gold round off his lower plate) I figured (being a tier 7) why not keep him perma tracked and let the top tier take him out with ease. We won, I got a load of assistance damage that game.

I say that to people when I'm top tier, if you feel like you're useless, track the enemy and keep them tracked.

True. 

For the most part, if you feel “useless”, then it’s your fault. 

Yes, there are some stock tanks that it is hard to make useful. But for the vast majority of time, being useful is completely possible. 

GeoMonster #35 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 04:01

Captain

• -Players-
  • 35362 battles
  • [W0LF-] W0LF-

View PostSylvado, on Jan 03 2019 - 19:14, said:

I have a few tier 8 premium tanks, I don't play them. I have destroyed at least one of every tank in the game without using premium ammo.

Wow ... soooo impressive.

Moridin_707 #36 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 05:07

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19891 battles

First off, "hate" is a strong word. Annoyed is much better.

For example, I find it "annoying" that a tier 8 medium can snap-shot face pen my E100 with HEAT rounds. I find it "annoying" that light tanks can out DPM a TD.

I say remove all premium ammo, except maybe a couple rounds per battle. Or as some have mentioned, the better you do regularly, the more "perks" you get. Frontline style. Play better, get arty strikes, air strikes, 5 HEAT rounds, so on.

Edited by Moridin_707, Jan 04 2019 - 05:24.

mr_rotary #37 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 07:01

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8480 battles

View PostMoridin_707, on Jan 04 2019 - 04:07, said:

First off, "hate" is a strong word. Annoyed is much better.

I hate gold rounds. I wish there was a stronger word for it. No skill required yet players are rewarded as a green/purple player for spraying it around. 

GeoMonster #38 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 14:28

Captain

• -Players-
  • 35362 battles
  • [W0LF-] W0LF-

View Postmr_rotary, on Jan 04 2019 - 00:01, said:

I hate gold rounds. I wish there was a stronger word for it. No skill required yet players are rewarded as a green/purple player for spraying it around. 

Yea ... and those PREMIUM CONSUMABLES!!  They also need to be outlawed!  And Enhanced Equipment that you purchase with BONDS .... eliminate those too!  Might as well get rid of ALL HE rounds too ... they don't require a lot of skill to cause damage!!  And lets get rid of the top clans so that they can't platoon together.  A matter of fact, eliminate PLATOONING too!

On the graphics side, we need to all go back to 8086 machines without graphics processors.  The nerve of some people playing hi-res with 100 plus frames per second.  And lets go back to the basic mice.  No gaming mice either.

HEY ... get rid of ANY tanks who can do more than 500 damage on a single shot. It doesn't take much skill to do 1800 damage compared to my 400 per shot!!  And those autoloaders!!  Not fair being able to shot my tank 4-6 times in succession!  No skill needed there.  Just sit there and click.

Now we are getting somewhere!! 

PS ... I suppose you also HATE arty and TDs?

Shrike58 #39 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 14:39

Major

• Players
  • 69964 battles
What most of the haters really hate seems less to be the mechanics of it all and more being forced to spend money they don't have. This overlaps with the lousy MM which I think rubs salt in open wounds as your premium tanks, which ought to be steady money makers, see Tier 10 to damn often to be reliable credit grinders.

Omega_Weapon #40 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 14:44

Major

• Players
  • 52588 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View PostDiesel__2, on Jan 03 2019 - 19:19, said:

I never have and never will load premium ammo.  If I come  up to a tank I can't pen from the front......I wait for him to make a mistake allowing me  to hit a weak spot.Or, I'll leave him to the tanks on my team that can pen him.  I could never understand the concept of a tier 6 tank gun using a "special" round so it can equalize a higher tier tank.  Kind of defeats the purpose of lower /higher tier tanks in my mind.

And that misguided philosophy shows in your win rate. :sceptic:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users