• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

mongoosejake #21 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 12:00

Major

• Players
  • 36273 battles
  • [S-F] S-F

View PostThe_Next_Penetration, on Jan 04 2019 - 12:04, said:

It's not Russian. If you want a competitive tank immediately stop going up the German line and go get a Russian tank

Not really true, I'm primarily a German tank player that dabbles here and there with everything and doesn't play a whole lot of games in Russian tanks, but am doing just fine. The "Russian Bias" is about as fake as can be. Making other tanks work well is very do-able. 

TheseViolentDelights #22 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 18:02

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14421 battles

I think the Russian Bias is real at higher tiers & that Russians have lines with no stinkers in them. Mid tier German tanks can be quite good. Tiger I is my 2nd favorite Heavy after the American T29. The VK 30.01 P is my favorite tank in the game.

As for the Panther, I did quite well in it but I can't say why. You never ever trade one for one. Catch someone in the open or cresting a ridge & you can oermatrack then burn them down. Catch someone poking around a corner & you can keep them from ever ducking back to safety as long as they've exposed a track.

Korvick #23 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 00:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 2119 battles

View Postmongoosejake, on Jan 05 2019 - 11:00, said:

Not really true, I'm primarily a German tank player that dabbles here and there with everything and doesn't play a whole lot of games in Russian tanks, but am doing just fine. The "Russian Bias" is about as fake as can be. Making other tanks work well is very do-able. 

I'm pro German tank but as much as I would like to disagree, the Russky bias does exist.  When I look at all my stats, every single Russian tank has a higher win rate than the German or US counterparts.  The handle on my main is HAVLOCK.  The T-34 is a beast, I have a very good win rate on that, compared to my Panzer 4 with about a 48% win rate.

Flarvin #24 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 00:56

Major

• Players
  • 54269 battles

View Postmongoosejake, on Jan 05 2019 - 06:00, said:

One person’s experiences are pretty much meaningless in determining any bias in a game. 

Plus a bias does not only mean instant win, it could just be better performance overall on average. 

SteelRonin #25 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 18:40

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 23480 battles
  • [SAKAI] SAKAI
Aaaaand remember the Panther was tier 8 and the Panther II was tier 9.....imagine that [edited], it was real....

Anublister #26 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 19:01

Captain

• Players
  • 68702 battles
  • [--T--] --T--

It was considered by many historians as the best tank in WW2. Unfortunately and to my personal detriment it isn't that good in this game (it was the first tank I ground out).

It plays well as a support tank/sniper but there really isn't the large map size, nor configuration to see this tank shine. With WG funnel type maps and the horrible 3/5/7 matchmaking you just wont' be able to stay out of the way or have a good LOS to take advantage of it's strengths.

By all means explore the tank trees, but don't be surprised if you don't shine.

NeatoMan #27 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 19:17

Major

• Players
  • 28089 battles

View PostFiremoth, on Jan 04 2019 - 06:58, said:

the best thing about the panther is the 198mm pen. play like a turreted TD that has some armour and its bareable.

the real struggle is with the panther 2. its still slow and fat, it doesnt do anything special cause other meds also have 220~pen and you have to slog through far more tier 9 and 10s.

This.  The panther 2 is terrible.  If you think the panther sucks then you are really gonna hate the panther 2.

I rarely play my Panther as a sniper.  Sniping just doesn't win games.   After more than 2k solo pub battles in mine I have a 56% win rate.  It is getting a little harder with many more tanks coming out with no weak spots.  I used to be able to reliably nail cupolas, while minimally exposing myself to return fire.    Stay away from the big heavies and you should be able to pen most everything.

Korvick #28 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 01:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 2119 battles

View PostAnublister, on Jan 11 2019 - 18:01, said:

It was considered by many historians as the best tank in WW2. Unfortunately and to my personal detriment it isn't that good in this game (it was the first tank I ground out).

It plays well as a support tank/sniper but there really isn't the large map size, nor configuration to see this tank shine. With WG funnel type maps and the horrible 3/5/7 matchmaking you just wont' be able to stay out of the way or have a good LOS to take advantage of it's strengths.

By all means explore the tank trees, but don't be surprised if you don't shine.

LOL yeah, was my experience with the Panther too.  I ground it out at Tier 8 and promptly lost 43 of the first 50 games.  Was disappointing to say the least.  However, right now today, I'm still finding it one of my better tanks.  It's one of the few tanks I have that I regularly play and about the only one I seem to be doing well in.  Having a pretty rubbish streak atm on Asia server.  Tried NA over weekend and with a 300 ping, I found I redefined rubbish.

Crimson_Saber #29 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 14:53

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16498 battles

View Postmongoosejake, on Jan 05 2019 - 05:00, said:

Just because you're good with the tank doesn't mean the "majority" will be. Players like yourself are on a different level. With a great deal of dedication I'm sure many a person could play that line well. But not many have the patience, or the fortitude to do so. nor the desire to beat their head against a wall. The German line is seriously under powered Imo.

Edited by Crimson_Saber, Jan 12 2019 - 14:54.

StrachwitzPzGraf #30 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 15:10

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 41300 battles

View PostSteelRonin, on Jan 04 2019 - 07:25, said:

Welcome to the German line in this World of Soviet Tanks. You described very well the cons of the panther......the wiki says it is a second line tank, in the forum we will say the same, because every tank without armor and good accuracy is considered a "second line" tank, a role that does not exist in this game due the current meta and the maps. Yes, you can support in prokhorovka but the MM will send you to tundra, mountain pass, or abbey all the time with this "second line" tank...

Front my point of view, the E50M line is dead because you can easily pen their turrets, and from tier 8+, having a soft turret is death sentence in this video game. Yes, some players still shine with the E50 but that doesn't mean the entire line is worth it. E50M is not competitive in CWs either...

I ran up this line in 2017 -- and came to the same conclusions -- still have NOT paid for the E50M for the exact reasons you posted.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users