mad MM

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Machisman #1 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 17:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 33491 battles
  • [TUF] TUF

When ever there is a festive thing going on WG decides to split Central and East Server. I really dont know the reason for this. 

As it is NA server population does not exceed 25K even at the best of times. Now on an average i dont see more than 20k players online (Includes SA, Central and East Server)

Every time the server is split, MM goes mad. more than 75% of the time its a blow out battle. Since last year the number of average and good players have gone down. Most of good accounts are up for grabs on ebay. 

By splitting the player base in different server makes the average/good players even less on any given server. It is just not enjoyable for people who take this game seriously and invests time and have spent money to enjoy the time playing this game.

Please WG dont tell me that the server split was needed to accommodate the heavy influx of players. NO THOSE DAYS are gone. No new players want to play this game because you made it so bad. Its tough to play tier 6 and lower now a days. I have 33k battles with 53% winrate and please believe when i say the lower tiers are not enjoyable. How will a new player enjoy this game. Atleast i have the option to quit low tiers and play the top tiers but not the new ones.

Dont split server. If you have an underpowered server which cannot handle even 25k players, then you may need to consider spending on some quality servers. Dont go Cheap. 

I have decided not to spend even 1$ until i feel that there is improvement in this game. Remember this is coming from a player who has been playing this game since 2011. Go to my profile and check the number of premium tanks i have and the amount of money i spent. NO MORE.. DONT EXPECT even one penny from now on.

Listen to player base.

Ortinoth_ #2 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 17:33

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26389 battles
For 1. the average for the server population that we as players see has been always 20k players online , SA, USC and USE when its up for special events - at least for the past 5 years, and in past few weeks it has been 25K_+ players due to the holidays - but now the holidays are over and people have lives work, school to get back to so of course it will drop back down to normal off - season levels. The bad teams are not matchmakers fault - lack of effort by players is what normally tends to 15 and 0 matches. 

MacDuff48 #3 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 17:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 25745 battles
While you may speak for the majority, you are not the player base;  I kind of enjoy the better ping I get for the east server.  However, East will go away at the end of the event; while I agree we are too small a population for the split, it's not that big a deal.  Bad teams, blowout games happen regardless of the player base size as long as skill based matching making is not used.  That is not a statement we need it; just that's the way it is and will be.

Fartnado #4 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 18:11

Private

• -Players-
  • 2067 battles
Well I just found out about this game about 1 month ago.  It's tough getting started that's for sure.  I'm sticking around so deal with it guys!  ;)

_Zero___ #5 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 18:19

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 46388 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
On all other servers the average battle is less skilled. NA server is the exception where there can be full teams of blue and purple in random battles. You saying there are less skilled players playing. This is good cuz it means that there is a wider variety of player skill lately it's been all strong players. When there are teams of skilled players they take advantage of one mis position by the enemy team and turn it into a game winning opportunity because the entire team takes advantage of it. This is what causes 15 0 games.

Edited by _Zero___, Jan 04 2019 - 18:40.

DomoSapien #6 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 18:43

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14018 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Post_Zero___, on Jan 04 2019 - 11:19, said:

On all other servers the average battle is less skilled. NA server is the exception where there can be full teams of blue and purple in random battles. You saying there are less skilled players playing is good cuz it means that there is a wider variety of player skill lately it's been all strong players. When there are teams of skilled players they take advantage of one mis position by the enemy team and turn it into a game winning opportunity because the entire team takes advantage of it. This is what causes 15 0 games.

Lebwa streamed on NA recently for like 12,000 viewers and it was really interesting to see his reaction to the NA playstyle. Our region plays much campier and more conservatively than the CIS or EU regions. 

I experienced this myself when I was trying out ranked battles beta on Sandbox; Ranked battles in NA are extremely campy, whereas players from other regions are much more likely to yolo in or orchestrate an organized push. 

I think Zero hit the nail on the head: our ecosystem is unique insofar as the fact that you're much more likely to run into pro-level players in your Random Battles in our region than others.

_____

As for OP's feedback, I'm happy to pass it on in my next report. I'm honestly not entirely sure why we split the servers for special events but I believe it may have something to do with server load and making sure connectivity is good during a period of time that generally brings back a lot of casual and returning players. The initial reason for the split during the Dark Front event was "To facilitate the creation of additional battle arenas for the Dark Front mode" but I do understand how this can be an unsatisfactory answer. 

RHeadshot #7 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 18:46

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2786 battles
The servers are ridiculously bad and can't handle the load.  Even though I'm in the east and my ping is better, the server constantly lags.  The servers blow.

Desert_Fox_1969 #8 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 19:05

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 30769 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostRHeadshot, on Jan 04 2019 - 12:46, said:

The servers are ridiculously bad and can't handle the load.  Even though I'm in the east and my ping is better, the server constantly lags.  The servers blow.

Servers are fine. Check your connection. 

Bavor #9 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 19:12

Major

• Players
  • 32631 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

View PostDomoSapien, on Jan 04 2019 - 12:43, said:

Lebwa streamed on NA recently for like 12,000 viewers and it was really interesting to see his reaction to the NA playstyle. Our region plays much campier and more conservatively than the CIS or EU regions. 

Some of the Unicum players I know that have both NA and EU accounts say that EU server play is more campy than NA server play, but CIS server play is very aggressive.

Almighty_Johnson #10 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 19:44

Major

• -Players-
  • 23688 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostFartnado, on Jan 04 2019 - 12:11, said:

Well I just found out about this game about 1 month ago.  It's tough getting started that's for sure.  I'm sticking around so deal with it guys!  ;)

Welcome to the game.  Take your time and learn the mechanics.  If you need help, ask.

Feel free to pop into D-Day's teamspeak if you need help or pointers.  We're open access.

DomoSapien #11 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 20:00

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14018 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostBavor, on Jan 04 2019 - 12:12, said:

Some to fht Unicum players I know that have both NA and EU accounts say that EU server play is more campy than NA server play, but CIS server play is very aggressive.

Interesting, this could be the case. I probably shouldn't generalize the Sandbox community as being representative of all other regions :) Thanks for pointing that out!

pickpocket293 #12 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 20:01

Captain

• -Players-
  • 29998 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

View PostDomoSapien, on Jan 04 2019 - 13:00, said:

Interesting, this could be the case. I probably shouldn't generalize the Sandbox community as being representative of all other regions :) Thanks for pointing that out!

It's also worth noting that the Ranked battles are very different from regular pubs. In ranked, mostly people are out for themselves, so they won't take a risk. Hence the camping.

RHeadshot #13 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 20:06

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2786 battles

View PostDesert_Fox_1969, on Jan 04 2019 - 19:05, said:

My connection is fine.  It's only with their servers, and far more so on the east server, which is much closer to me.  And if their servers were "fine," they wouldn't put up warnings to people logging in to use a different server when central has 13,000 people on it.

Edited by RHeadshot, Jan 04 2019 - 20:07.

JdgDReDD #14 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 21:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49152 battles

View PostMachisman, on Jan 04 2019 - 09:15, said:

When ever there is a festive thing going on WG decides to split Central and East Server. I really dont know the reason for this. 

As it is NA server population does not exceed 25K even at the best of times. Now on an average i dont see more than 20k players online (Includes SA, Central and East Server)

Every time the server is split, MM goes mad. more than 75% of the time its a blow out battle. Since last year the number of average and good players have gone down. Most of good accounts are up for grabs on ebay. 

By splitting the player base in different server makes the average/good players even less on any given server. It is just not enjoyable for people who take this game seriously and invests time and have spent money to enjoy the time playing this game.

Please WG dont tell me that the server split was needed to accommodate the heavy influx of players. NO THOSE DAYS are gone. No new players want to play this game because you made it so bad. Its tough to play tier 6 and lower now a days. I have 33k battles with 53% winrate and please believe when i say the lower tiers are not enjoyable. How will a new player enjoy this game. Atleast i have the option to quit low tiers and play the top tiers but not the new ones.

Dont split server. If you have an underpowered server which cannot handle even 25k players, then you may need to consider spending on some quality servers. Dont go Cheap. 

I have decided not to spend even 1$ until i feel that there is improvement in this game. Remember this is coming from a player who has been playing this game since 2011. Go to my profile and check the number of premium tanks i have and the amount of money i spent. NO MORE.. DONT EXPECT even one penny from now on.

Listen to player base.

actually they split the server partly beacuse of the player base.

Australia likes to and can really only play on an east coast american server. as well as several other countries because of the lack of their own server

i agree battles have gone to crapsince the split, im not sure how wg can please everyone

owlgator #15 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 22:36

Captain

• Players
  • 14960 battles

View PostDesert_Fox_1969, on Jan 04 2019 - 12:05, said:

Until you get the exclamation point icon on the USC server stating it's at capacity and slow.  All this with what - 12k users?

EmperorJuliusCaesar #16 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 04:09

Major

• Players
  • 32523 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostMachisman, on Jan 04 2019 - 23:15, said:

Listen to player base.

""It is just not enjoyable for people who take this game seriously and invests time and have spent money to enjoy the time playing this game.""

There's the issue right there, taking a GAME for 12+ year olds seriously in any way, shape, or form.  GAME....something done for ENTERTAINMENT.  Not for a sense of accomplishment.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #17 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 04:22

Major

• Players
  • 32523 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostRHeadshot, on Jan 05 2019 - 00:46, said:

What people think of as "lag" is almost always CPU or GPU lag on their own system.  Try lowering your graphics settings.  I play from Asia with 280-320 ping and suffer no "lag", it's smooth, which makes it playable.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #18 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 04:43

Major

• Players
  • 32523 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostJdgDReDD, on Jan 05 2019 - 03:22, said:

actually they split the server partly beacuse of the player base.

Australia likes to and can really only play on an east coast american server. as well as several other countries because of the lack of their own server

i agree battles have gone to crapsince the split, im not sure how wg can please everyone

Speak for yourself.  We have many Aussies in our clan and they are fine on Central and East, BEING FURTHER AWAY, is much worse.  Same for me in Asia. 

Australia does have a server, it's just not always open, after a certain time you have to play on SEA which moved from Sing to HK.

Ratnikk #19 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 08:29

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10267 battles

You know i would like to see some of these wargaming reunions of staff.

-''Hey guys we are losing players fast''

-''lets split the server that way we have double players!!''

-''hurr durr! Best idea of the week!....Buff object 268 V4 now''

Machisman #20 Posted Jan 07 2019 - 16:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 33491 battles
  • [TUF] TUF

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Jan 04 2019 - 21:43, said:

Speak for yourself.  We have many Aussies in our clan and they are fine on Central and East, BEING FURTHER AWAY, is much worse.  Same for me in Asia. 

Australia does have a server, it's just not always open, after a certain time you have to play on SEA which moved from Sing to HK.

Please read the post once again. All i asked for do not split. Either retain Central or East. Just one server is enough for US population. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users