• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Gargoyle_UR #1 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 10:21

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21669 battles
  • [-UR] -UR

I have been playing tier 9 and tier 10 TDs for over 5 hours straight. Still not campaign completion. 

I'm not the best player, but my stats will show I'm okay. Why put Campaigns in the game if the only people who can complete them are a select few. And when I say complete, I mean with honors. 

No wonder this game was down 20% players last year. I'm sure it will be down another 20% this year and by 2020 it will be something we use to play. So sad that they can't get real programmers to make their game and stop letting greed drive their production. 

macca01 #2 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 11:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 27955 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
they need to make it so only unicums can post on the forums. so we stop getting dumb stuff like this post. maybe i need to make my own feedback post. :sceptic:

Pipinghot #3 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 11:05

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostGargoyle_UR, on Jan 05 2019 - 04:21, said:

I have been playing tier 9 and tier 10 TDs for over 5 hours straight. Still not campaign completion. 

I'm not the best player, but my stats will show I'm okay. Why put Campaigns in the game if the only people who can complete them are a select few. And when I say complete, I mean with honors. 

No wonder this game was down 20% players last year. I'm sure it will be down another 20% this year and by 2020 it will be something we use to play. So sad that they can't get real programmers to make their game and stop letting greed drive their production. 

1) Which campaign? It matters, because the later campaigns are supposed to be harder.

2) Why would you think that something "With Honors" should be completable by every player?

Junka_the_Admirable #4 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 11:13

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17400 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

With honors = participation trophies, duh.

Also campaigns are literally good for any active clam, you dont even need to take land to make gold, just clan missions.

Backfire_ #5 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 12:24

Major

• Players
  • 29707 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostJunka_the_Admirable, on Jan 05 2019 - 05:13, said:

With honors = participation trophies, duh.

Also campaigns are literally good for any active clam, you dont even need to take land to make gold, just clan missions.

95% certain he's talking about the campaign missions for like the t55a, 260 etc.  Not campaigns of the clan war variety.

Your post lacks any real information.  Which campaign? 5 hours on 1 mission, on the entire campaign??  If you think you should complete all the missions for all the campaigns in an evening that would be pointless.  If you're talking about the Stug missions then no, they're easily completed by any average player who wishes...  I'm pretty OK at the game and some missions take many days (couple hours a day) to line up and complete all on their own.

CeIestiaLudenberg #6 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 13:07

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 50 battles

Believe it or not, personal mission campaigns are designed in a way where the average chalkboard licker can't complete them unless they improve.

Have you tried improving at the game? That usually helps.

FrozenKemp #7 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 13:23

Major

• Players
  • 50012 battles
Since I am not a unicum and I have gotten 3 of the tanks, and I have seen people with lower WR than yours with the tanks... 

UnusualFrosting #8 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 14:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13695 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
I think the problem lies between the keyboard and the chair. You EARN an obj 279e or obj 260 and if your skill level isn't enough for that then try to improve instead of complaining on the forums.

GeorgePreddy #9 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 14:06

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles

Campaigns should not be so easy as to be completed by everyone who tries.

Rhadamanthuz #10 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 14:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 35239 battles
  • [P2WIN] P2WIN

No wonder this game was down 20% players last year. I'm sure it will be down another 20% this year and by 2020 it will be something we use to play. So sad that they can't get real prograI winmmers to make their game and stop letting greed drive their production. 

I want my cookie and I want it now. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Vallanor #11 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 16:04

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14445 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO
They should bring back tier 6 and 8s in CW

BigNaturals #12 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 20:12

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 52061 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

sounds like this game is to hard for you and you want a free handout

problem with todays kids nothing is earned anymore

dunniteowl #13 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 21:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 25376 battles

I have been playing tier V almost to exclusion (other than grinding new lines) and I am STILL not finished with the StugIV Campaign.  You don't hear about me coming onto these forums and saying, "Man!  Not cool!  These are just too hard to do for the average player!"

Should they be?  No way!  If you're just average and playing tier 9 and 10 units, you should be able to breeze through the first two campaigns.

Try doing it with At Tier or Below units to achieve the Campaign Tank.  That, ultimately, WILL make you a better tanker and will provide you with a sense of accomplishment.  I'm just two -15s away from my StugIV and I'm seriously okay with how long it's taken.  This game, as far as I can tell, doesn't have a 'difficulty' slider.

[edit] I originally thought it was three -15 missions, but I only have HVY and LT-15 left to complete. Yay me! [/edit] 

Hang in there and quit complaining.

GL, HF & HSYBF!

OvO

Edited by dunniteowl, Jan 06 2019 - 02:17.

Gargoyle_UR #14 Posted Jan 06 2019 - 10:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21669 battles
  • [-UR] -UR

Thanks for all the insults. They really help. 

I was really pissed off when I posted this so I didn't put details or care.

TD-15 for the T55. Just that one mission for 5 f'ing hours.

I don't expect a hand out, but what is the point if only the best of the best players can get them completed. Just to have something part of the game that 3/4 of the players can't do. That's stupid. 

But whatever. Now post up other insults cause you have nothing constructive to say. Go on...you know that is all you are good for. 

dunniteowl #15 Posted Jan 06 2019 - 17:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 25376 battles

View PostGargoyle_UR, on Jan 06 2019 - 03:47, said:

I don't expect a hand out, but what is the point if only the best of the best players can get them completed. Just to have something part of the game that 3/4 of the players can't do. That's stupid. 

But whatever. Now post up other insults cause you have nothing constructive to say. Go on...you know that is all you are good for. 

With this attitude and posting in anger, you don't deserve ANY polite or helpful responses.

OvO

Manimal__ #16 Posted Jan 06 2019 - 17:38

Major

• Players
  • 40126 battles

View PostGargoyle_UR, on Jan 05 2019 - 01:21, said:

You don't have to complete the campaigns with honors and the campaign's aren't suppose to be easy. My suggestion would be turn on your campaign, play and not focus on the campaign. I don't know how many parts of the campaigns I've completed even with honors simply playing and not worrying about the campaign.

View PostGargoyle_UR, on Jan 06 2019 - 01:47, said:

Rage posts never go well over on the forums, you end up getting nothing but trolls responding to them. I'm currently doing the T55 and now going back to attempt to complete a few missions with honors. You can't expect WG just to give out free tanks to everyone who wants one and  the entire purpose of the campaigns is for people to earn the tanks.

View PostGargoyle_UR, on Jan 06 2019 - 01:47, said:

Feeding the trolls doesn't help you get the answers you're looking for especially when you're asking for it. I don't know exactly what type of answers you're wanting from the forums or if you're just looking for validation of your frustration about the campaign. But you did get some constructive criticism in some of the replies however I get a sense it wasn't the type of constructive criticism you were wanting. Venting on the forum isn't always the greatest idea either because troll will eat it up too.

dunniteowl #17 Posted Jan 06 2019 - 18:09

Major

• -Players-
  • 25376 battles

Additionally, the non-trolls who are helpful simply do not wish to be 'yelled' at and insulted in a general way.  Nice people have feelings, too.  Anger is NOT the answer.

OvO

Pipinghot #18 Posted Jan 07 2019 - 05:41

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostGargoyle_UR, on Jan 06 2019 - 04:47, said:

Pointing out that you're being unrealistic is not an insult, that's just true. If you want to be insulted by the truth that's your choice, but it's the wrong choice to make.

I hope the lesson you have learned is that you shouldn't post when you're "really pissed off" as it causes you to leave out important information and make bad posts. When you start a thread with a bad post that's on you, not on everyone else.

All that means is that you're doing it wrong. And, again, that's no an insult, you can choose to learn from the advice or not. You should not be playing long sessions with the sole goal of completing one specific mission, that's just silly an only leads to you making bad decisions (like starting this thread). The campaigns are not supposed to be quick or easy, and especially not xx-15 of each series, they are intentionally difficult. Completing the campaigns is not supposed to be something that you do in a weekend just to get a piece of candy, they are supposed to be long term goals that you work towards over time. The problem is not the mission, it's your attitude about wanting something too easily.

It's not only the "best of the best", it's just harder than you want it to be. Stop doing campaigns the wrong way and start playing the game because you enjoy the game.

You've received a lot of constructive responses. Some of them were not warm or touchy-feely, clearly you wanted more hugz from people, but the information people are providing it definitely constructive. The real question is whether you'll choose to learn from it.

Gargoyle_UR #19 Posted Jan 07 2019 - 08:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21669 battles
  • [-UR] -UR

I originally posted this as feedback, that is why I put the word Feedback in the title. So really not for other users, but for War Gaming.

For those who posted constructive and supportive posts, thank you. You are right that I should step away from the missions. They are really messing with me.

I apologize for the anger. Not much pisses me off more then people beating down others. i.e. Trolls. They are sad shells of a person whose only joy is tearing others down. What also gets me is the social acceptance of it. That is just BS. In any case, anger doesn't help, so sorry about that.

Pipinghot #20 Posted Jan 07 2019 - 18:24

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostGargoyle_UR, on Jan 07 2019 - 02:03, said:

I originally posted this as feedback, that is why I put the word Feedback in the title. So really not for other users, but for War Gaming.

The forums are public,not private, everyone else who is on the forums has every right to comments on your posts. If you want to communicate with WG privately you do that by submitting a ticket to them.

As before, I'm not saying that to provoke you, it's just important to remember that forums fill a specific function, and that function is public discussion.

View PostGargoyle_UR, on Jan 07 2019 - 02:03, said:

For those who posted constructive and supportive posts, thank you. You are right that I should step away from the missions. They are really messing with me.

Good news, hopefully you'll be able to enjoy them more after you give yourself some time away from them.

Good luck and happy tanking.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users