• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

dunniteowl #21 Posted Jan 07 2019 - 18:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 30320 battles

Additionally, you can message WG staff directly or contact support with a suggestion, if your intent is to do so Just for WG staff.  If you post it here on the open forums, you may not get what you hope for, though by doing so in the open forums, you are definitely going to get at least what you asked for -- feedback on your comments.

Yes, trolls are sad people and I feel badly for them.  Angry posting does, in fact, bring them out in droves and, amongst that mix you'll find less than warm receptions even amongst those of us who truly offer a point of view or advice, which is a direct result of the OP's initial 'tone,' if you will.

GL, HF & HSYBF!

OvO

Gargoyle_UR #22 Posted Jan 07 2019 - 20:46

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22871 battles
  • [-UR] -UR

Okay, well then I'm confused. What is the point of a Suggestions/Feedback? I thought this part of the forum is for players to give WG feedback and suggestions. If not, news to me.

It is public, which allows other players to add to the feedback or suggestions posted by the OP for War Gaming. Not to give an opinion on how dumb the OP is or whatever. That crap can stick in the General. 

Copacetic #23 Posted Jan 07 2019 - 23:02

Captain

• -Players-
  • 46177 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS
What's is the criteria of the subject mission?

Pipinghot #24 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 11:04

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostGargoyle_UR, on Jan 07 2019 - 14:46, said:

Okay, well then I'm confused. What is the point of a Suggestions/Feedback?

That's already been answered.

You have every right to post your suggestions/feedback here as long as you understand that this is a public forum. Forums are public, that's the whole point of having forums in the first place, this is where public discussions take place. When you post to a forum, even a forum named "Feedback/Suggestions" you need to understand that everyone who reads your post has just as much right to post as you do, and they have just as much right to disagree with you as you have to post in the first place.

If you don't want your feedback to be subjected to public scrutiny, criticism and commentary, then don't post in public, instead submit a ticket in private.

View PostGargoyle_UR, on Jan 07 2019 - 14:46, said:

It is public, which allows other players to add to the feedback or suggestions posted by the OP for War Gaming. Not to give an opinion on how dumb the OP is or whatever.

It is not only for the people who support the OP, that's absolutely wrong. When you post your feedback in public you are accepting that everyone has equal right to comment on your post, regardless of whether they agree or disagree with you.

We keep coming back to the same point - if you don't want public comments then don't post them in public. You don't get to decide who posts in "your" thread, once you have started a thread it belongs to everyone equally, whether they agree with you or not.

dunniteowl #25 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 21:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 30320 battles

I will add to Pipinghot's response with this:

Posting suggestions or feedback in a public forum ALLOWS the ideas, suggestions or feedback to get a public scrutiny and, in that scrutiny, a 'vetting' process of the merits -- or lack thereof -- of the ideas, suggestions or feedback such that it either gains more acceptance amongst the Community -- or not.  This process provides a public forum to help evaluate the 'quality' of the posting.

I'll grant, there are many mental children who seem to delight in nothing more than figuratively 'poking the bear' for the sake of seeing that 'bear' get upset.  Just as often, however, the initial posts of a lot of these 'Suggestions' and 'Feedback' is:

A) poorly thought out, 

B) qualifies as not much more than a childish rant in its own right or

C) not really a suggestion or even feedback -- except in the sense of what feedback originally is in technical terms -- placing the microphone too close to the speaker with a resulting jarring pitchy whine that irritates the ears of all within proximity.

The public process helps to allow the Community (and I would wager, WG staff as well) the opportunity to assist in that determination.  If it can pass muster through this process or is immediately received with enthusiasm from just about everyone, then it seems more likely that the post will be taken more seriously by WG et al.

OvO

Pipinghot #26 Posted Jan 09 2019 - 19:23

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View Postdunniteowl, on Jan 08 2019 - 15:56, said:

I will add to Pipinghot's response with this:

Posting suggestions or feedback in a public forum ALLOWS the ideas, suggestions or feedback to get a public scrutiny and, in that scrutiny, a 'vetting' process of the merits -- or lack thereof -- of the ideas, suggestions or feedback such that it either gains more acceptance amongst the Community -- or not.  This process provides a public forum to help evaluate the 'quality' of the posting.

He makes a really good point. Having people comment on, and argue with, your posts helps you get better at posting and WoT. I've had a number of posts over the years that have been shot down, or other people have proven that I was using bad thinking or bad arguments, and every time that has happened I've learned something from them. Having people argue with your posts doesn't always feel good, but if you push your ego aside and look at what they are saying there is always something to be learned.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users