Jump to content


+2 Tier Match Making, Why?


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Peepsy152 #1 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 16:26

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 489 battles
  • 1
  • [42069] 42069
  • Member since:
    03-17-2016

Every time I play a game in a tier 4, I get placed in a tier 6 game, and there are very few tanks at tier 6 that I can penetrate. When this happens, I get killed by either a KV-2, KV-85, or a T-34/85. I am absolutely sick of this match making. And then when I try to play my tier 8 tanks, 1/10 of my games are tier 8 max games 2/10 are tier 9 max games, and 7/10 are tier 10 games, just why does there have to be this match making? My Defender tanks at most 2 shots from a tier 10 (TDs shoot me the most) and my armor is shredded. Just why?



PuddleSplasher #2 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 16:42

    Major

  • Players
  • 37398 battles
  • 2,878
  • Member since:
    07-11-2011

Just get used to the mega credits and points that you aern for hitting the rear/sides/tracks rear of turret/side of turret/crew ports/fuel tanks etc etc etc that we all attack when allocated a low tier spot.

 

Try it and see that massive grin on your face as you die with really high scores.

 

Some you win and some you lose but when you lose you generally lose with high creds. next game expect to lose with a very low score regardless. THats MM for you :P



leeuniverse #3 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 16:42

    Major

  • Players
  • 35889 battles
  • 7,465
  • [LAMP] LAMP
  • Member since:
    01-30-2013

Block Quote

 +2 Tier Match Making, Why?

 

No reason... It's just "because".

 

What they should do is decrease the "power spread" (Armor, Pen, Damage, HP) between Tiers.

I think the ideal would be 7%, so a 2 tier high tank of the same class would only be 14% more powerful than the lowest tier same class tank in the battle.



RHeadshot #4 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 17:01

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 2786 battles
  • 254
  • Member since:
    10-12-2018

View PostAlan_Bird, on Jan 05 2019 - 16:26, said:

Every time I play a game in a tier 4, I get placed in a tier 6 game, and there are very few tanks at tier 6 that I can penetrate. When this happens, I get killed by either a KV-2, KV-85, or a T-34/85. I am absolutely sick of this match making. And then when I try to play my tier 8 tanks, 1/10 of my games are tier 8 max games 2/10 are tier 9 max games, and 7/10 are tier 10 games, just why does there have to be this match making? My Defender tanks at most 2 shots from a tier 10 (TDs shoot me the most) and my armor is shredded. Just why?

 

and you're facing at most 3 of them.  maybe you should realize you shouldn't be targeting those guys first.

GenErwinRommel #5 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 17:04

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 64517 battles
  • 310
  • [CATF] CATF
  • Member since:
    08-04-2012

its just a money grab for wargaming

to force the custermer to spend gold

they new from day one that there MM wasn't going to work



Ken_McGuire #6 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 17:26

    Captain

  • Players
  • 29266 battles
  • 1,590
  • Member since:
    12-21-2012
We have +2 MM because people whined and complained about +4 MM.

the_dude_76 #7 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 17:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 32843 battles
  • 3,644
  • [GSRM] GSRM
  • Member since:
    12-27-2011

View Postleeuniverse, on Jan 05 2019 - 09:42, said:

 

No reason... It's just "because".

 

 

It's just because... they don't want the game to be boring and they don't want queue times to be even longer than they already are. To pretend that changing the tier spread would make no difference is ridiculous.

 

View PostGenErwinRommel, on Jan 05 2019 - 10:04, said:

its just a money grab for wargaming

to force the custermer to spend gold

they new from day one that there MM wasn't going to work

 

More ridiculous gibberish. The majority of people playing this game don't spend a dime so obviously no one is being "forced" to do anything. And MM worked just fine prior to 3/5/7 so "from day one" things worked pretty well actually.

GeorgePreddy #8 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 17:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 14345 battles
  • 10,959
  • Member since:
    04-11-2013

View PostAlan_Bird, on Jan 05 2019 - 12:26, said:

Every time...

 

Stopped reading here... I'm allergic to grossly exaggerated hyperbole.

 

 

 

 

 

 



Project100 #9 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 18:12

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 2972 battles
  • 1,103
  • [I-U-D] I-U-D
  • Member since:
    01-01-2016

View PostAlan_Bird, on Jan 05 2019 - 10:26, said:

Every time I play a game in a tier 4, I get placed in a tier 6 game, and there are very few tanks at tier 6 that I can penetrate. When this happens, I get killed by either a KV-2, KV-85, or a T-34/85. I am absolutely sick of this match making. And then when I try to play my tier 8 tanks, 1/10 of my games are tier 8 max games 2/10 are tier 9 max games, and 7/10 are tier 10 games, just why does there have to be this match making? My Defender tanks at most 2 shots from a tier 10 (TDs shoot me the most) and my armor is shredded. Just why?

 

Are you sticking to 1 tank or jumping around your Tier 4s? It may make a difference. 

 

I've been working my Matilda for several days and I am seeing about a 20-30% chance of having a Tier 4 battle on days that I ONLY play it. The one day that I mixed it with T6 & T8, I was exclusively bottom tier in the Matilda.

 

It's a small sample size, so it's not a good indicator, but it's possible that MM "resets" the counter for Top/Middle/Bottom whenever you switch tanks.

 

Anyone have any solid info on this?



CapPhrases #10 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 19:01

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 7280 battles
  • 3,529
  • Member since:
    03-28-2015

View PostProject100, on Jan 05 2019 - 12:12, said:

 

Are you sticking to 1 tank or jumping around your Tier 4s? It may make a difference. 

 

I've been working my Matilda for several days and I am seeing about a 20-30% chance of having a Tier 4 battle on days that I ONLY play it. The one day that I mixed it with T6 & T8, I was exclusively bottom tier in the Matilda.

 

It's a small sample size, so it's not a good indicator, but it's possible that MM "resets" the counter for Top/Middle/Bottom whenever you switch tanks.

 

Anyone have any solid info on this?

 

probably just random, but if it works for you keep doing it I say

leeuniverse #11 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 02:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 35889 battles
  • 7,465
  • [LAMP] LAMP
  • Member since:
    01-30-2013

View Postthe_dude_76, on Jan 05 2019 - 09:31, said:

 

It's just because... they don't want the game to be boring and they don't want queue times to be even longer than they already are. To pretend that changing the tier spread would make no difference is ridiculous.

 

1. Well ya, that is true.

2. Who said it would?  I didn't, the OP didn't.

3. But, this is why I state that changing tier spread isn't the solution to fixing the problem of facing "op" tanks, because as you said, making it any less would prevent the MM from creating games.

Changing the "power spread" is the only actual solution....



StrachwitzPzGraf #12 Posted Jan 09 2019 - 15:34

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 38565 battles
  • 629
  • [PSYCO] PSYCO
  • Member since:
    01-01-2015

I live with the +2 -- whether is it a tier 4 in a T6 battle or 8 in T10 -- immediately look at what you CAN do not what you can't -- 

 

I could go on about this or that example but I will give only one from yesterday:

T34 (tier 5) w/57mm gun so 112mm pen in Tier 7 battle -- I followed an O-NI -- he needs my flank protection and I need his armor -- this was not a platoon thing.

We had synergy:

My reload 1.9s -- his more like 11s  -- I hide behind him -- he'd get shot at (bounce a shell that would have destroyed me) -- I pop out and pen the weakest enemy tank 3-4 times and duck back... Most players are so scared of something like an O-Ni or Defender or whatever that they don't refocus on the low tier tank -- that big gun is still trained on them if they falter.

We cleared 4 tanks on one flank by this improvised teamwork before I died (SPG I think did me in).  Never chatted about it.  Did the O-Ni even know I was there doing what I was doing?  Who knows, maybe maybe not... the point is even when your bottom tier you can do something... you just need to assess your options and do your best with the situation you find yourself in.

 

Does this sort of thing always work?  Hell no!  But it is the only way to play -- looking for what you CAN do to help your team.


Edited by StrachwitzPzGraf, Jan 09 2019 - 15:40.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users