• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Evil_Putin #1 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 19:07

Major

• Players
  • 1034 battles
  • [RUHUB] RUHUB

Greetings, you esteemed CR/D crowd you! 

Lately, I've been searching for a casual retirement clan for the old cw vets, but surprisingly those are few and far between and those that exist aren't exactly "it". Thus, I would like to introduce CWVET - a casual and family friendly retirement home for the old NA CW guard (hence, posting in CR/D - see what I did there!?). 

The purpose of this claM is to fill the empty "retirement place" niche on the NA scene and have vets from the former Burning Legion, Relic fam, G, Otter, Bulba, RUS, Bulls, RS, Simp, PBKAC, BADGR, PURPL, Forge, WW, NDP and the like gathered up in one place with no commitment/attendance/ts/stat requirements of an active combat clan. Unlike REL-V/OTT-V/MAHOV, CWVET will not be limited to vets from a single clan or family of clans, but rather open to vets from all clans that were actively participating in major wars on NA server and made an impact in shaping of the server itself. While CWVET is meant to be casually active (not an account graveyard/storage), it will not be CW/Campaign competitive. It is  meant for those who no longer want to commit to active clan requirements, CR/D poop tossing etc., yet want to stay in touch and hang out with old friends and foes and reminisce over the good ole server wars days while laying some hurt in pubs/skirms/tourneys (kinda like DOS 35.0 minus the sperginess and toxicity).

Edited by Evil_Putin, Jan 05 2019 - 22:23.

__Worm__ #2 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 19:27

Major

• Players
  • 34790 battles

Hope it draws back some of the old guard back in. Would be nice to see some better players back in PUBS.

Good luck hope it works out.

Rhadamanthuz #3 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 20:43

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 35239 battles
  • [BIMBO] BIMBO
W

View PostEvil_Putin, on Jan 05 2019 - 13:07, said:

Greetings, you esteemed CR/D crowd you! 

Lately, I've been searching for a casual retirement clan for the old cw vets, but surprisingly those are few and far between and those that exist aren't exactly "it". Thus, I would like to introduce CWVET - a casual and family friendly retirement home for the old NA CW guard (hence, posting in CR/D - see what I did there!?). 

The purpose of this claM is to fill the empty "retirement place" niche on the NA scene and have vets from the former Burning Legion, Relic fam, G, Otter, Bulba, RUS, Bulls, RS, Simp, PBKAC, BADGR, PURPL, Forge, WW, NDP and the like gathered up in one place with no commitment/attendance/ts/stat requirements of an active combat clan. Unlike REL-V/OTT-V/MAHOV, CWVET will not be limited to vets from a single clan or family of clans, but rather open to vets from all clans that were actively participating in major wars on NA server and made an impact in shaping of the server itself. While CWVET is meant to be causally active (not an account graveyard/storage), it will not be CW/Campaign competitive. It is  meant for those who no longer want to commit to active clan requirements, CR/D poop tossing etc., yet want to stay in touch and hang out with old friends and foes and reminisce over the good ole server wars days while laying some hurt in pubs/skirms/tourneys (kinda like DOS 35.0 minus the sperginess and toxicity).

Why retire just do like most have CW on the EU server.

Edited by Rhadamanthuz, Jan 05 2019 - 20:43.

Evil_Putin #4 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 20:56

Major

• Players
  • 1034 battles
  • [RUHUB] RUHUB

View Post__Worm__, on Jan 05 2019 - 13:27, said:

Hope it draws back some of the old guard back in. Would be nice to see some better players back in PUBS.

Good luck hope it works out.

Hope so too! And ty!

View PostRhadamanthuz, on Jan 05 2019 - 14:43, said:

W

Why retire just do like most have CW on the EU server.

Different situation. CWVET isn't for those who are bored due to lack of competition on NA and are looking for an active war clan, but rather for those who still want to casually socialize with familiar folks with shared background but don't have the time or interest in being in an active clan with participation requirements and other commitments. 

Wandorf #5 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 21:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12524 battles
  • [BADGR] BADGR
Hello friend! I am eternally entombed in the BADGR Necropolis (even if the ghost of arty past comes out to play once in a while). But good luck on your map endeavors!

Evil_Putin #6 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 22:14

Major

• Players
  • 1034 battles
  • [RUHUB] RUHUB

View PostWandorf, on Jan 05 2019 - 15:11, said:

Hello friend! I am eternally entombed in the BADGR Necropolis (even if the ghost of arty past comes out to play once in a while). But good luck on your map endeavors!

Hey, Wandorf! Good to see you, old friend, and thank you! I've considered to lay down for good in either RUS or Havok Necropolises, but they are a bit too dark and dead for me...and Sarge is still just as unbearable as before:P Thus, here I am - rounding up all those old souls that have similarly not found their eternal resting places just yet and are still able and willing to rise their swords against the pubbie hordes.   

Edited by Evil_Putin, Jan 05 2019 - 22:22.

__Worm__ #7 Posted Jan 06 2019 - 16:51

Major

• Players
  • 34790 battles
bump

Evil_Putin #8 Posted Jan 06 2019 - 19:05

Major

• Players
  • 1034 battles
  • [RUHUB] RUHUB

View Post__Worm__, on Jan 06 2019 - 10:51, said:

bump

:honoring:

yewchung #9 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 08:58

Major

• Players
  • 23915 battles
  • [NEWBI] NEWBI
But you could be in relic instead .

lamplight #10 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 17:52

Captain

• Players
  • 24609 battles
  • [SUX] SUX
Hey! I'll consider this. Really great idea tbh

Evil_Putin #11 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 19:35

Major

• Players
  • 1034 battles
  • [RUHUB] RUHUB

View Postyewchung, on Jan 08 2019 - 02:58, said:

Jeez, you are still here?! Why won't you go away, you old troll you!? Jk, always good to see the old cr/d faces :) Why would I be in Relic? Have all the love for the Relish boyz, but have never been part of their fam, nor am I interested in the acc graveyard that Rel-V is. In that sense, I'd be far better off with the remnants of RUS/Havok. 

View Postlamplight, on Jan 08 2019 - 11:52, said:

Hey! I'll consider this. Really great idea tbh

Hey, old friend :) Good to see you are back. Was about to respond to your lfc thread, but I see you already found your way here. By all means, you are very welcome aboard or even to just come hang out (poke me in game and I'll send you the discord addy) - as an old cw vet and forumite, you are exactly the target audience for CWVET. You might also remember 0Frank0 from SSGS/BT - he is onboard as well. Like I mentioned in the OP, this isn't going to be an attempt to create another active combat clan, but rather a single place for old cw/CRD vets that want to stay in touch and play casually when time permits. That said, I'm going to ts hop across old clans in the next week or so and see how this can become a community project that is affiliated with all big clans of the past/today as opposed having our semi-active vets spread out over small clan specific graveyards. That said, feel free - and it would be much appreciated - to spread the word with the cw old timers that you are still in touch with. 

Edited by Evil_Putin, Jan 08 2019 - 20:19.

__Worm__ #12 Posted Jan 09 2019 - 00:33

Major

• Players
  • 34790 battles

View Postyewchung, on Jan 08 2019 - 00:58, said:

But Relics days are numbers and maybe he doesn't wanna do math ....

Evil_Putin #13 Posted Jan 09 2019 - 22:54

Major

• Players
  • 1034 battles
  • [RUHUB] RUHUB

View Post__Worm__, on Jan 08 2019 - 18:33, said:

But Relics days are numbers and maybe he doesn't wanna do math ....

Relish days were numbers since what, 2013? So ze end must be soon. Reeeeaaaal soon.  

yewchung #14 Posted Jan 20 2019 - 10:31

Major

• Players
  • 23915 battles
  • [NEWBI] NEWBI
So how dead is ICON?

Also tagged with cw, veteran

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users