Jump to content


Adding premium arty and arty lines.


  • Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Poll: Premium Arty (49 members have cast votes)

Should WoT add tier 8 premium arty for each nation that has a branch?

  1. Yes (27 votes [55.10%])

    Percentage of vote: 55.10%

  2. No (22 votes [44.90%])

    Percentage of vote: 44.90%

With the new nations being added, should they add more arty lines?

  1. Yes (24 votes [48.98%])

    Percentage of vote: 48.98%

  2. No (25 votes [51.02%])

    Percentage of vote: 51.02%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

nuclearguy931 #1 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 20:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 77624 battles
  • 9,816
  • [UMM] UMM
  • Member since:
    08-16-2011

Currently 5 nations with arty, should they add a tier 8 premium for each of those nations?

 

Should more arty lines be added with the new nations now?



JimBob49 #2 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 20:52

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17882 battles
  • 227
  • [NICO] NICO
  • Member since:
    07-24-2013
Nice bait

nuclearguy931 #3 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 20:59

    Major

  • Players
  • 77624 battles
  • 9,816
  • [UMM] UMM
  • Member since:
    08-16-2011

View PostJimBob49, on Jan 05 2019 - 13:52, said:

Nice bait

 

Legitimate questions.

GeorgePreddy #4 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 21:14

    Major

  • Players
  • 14345 battles
  • 10,959
  • Member since:
    04-11-2013

Yeah... so, your question is really:

 

Make the artymobile problem worse or leave it alone ?

 

No option to make the artymobile problem better... like removal, etc.

 

 

 

 

 

 



Son__Of__Anarchy #5 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 21:15

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 22710 battles
  • 1,236
  • Member since:
    05-10-2016
no and no.. even while i am about to research 2 tier X arties pretty soon, i still suggest completelly remove them from the game..

Mettie7 #6 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 21:20

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 18049 battles
  • 631
  • [WAIFU] WAIFU
  • Member since:
    08-06-2012
I'd be fine with new branches for nations that dont have them, but I wouldn't want tier 8 premiums for all of them. Tier 8 premiums are for making money more than training crews and I really don't want to see people playing arty at tier 8 to make money. I'd be fine with tier 4 or 5 premiums though. I'd want to see them limit it to at most 2 arties per side, preferably 1 first before dding new branches however.

echo9835 #7 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 21:21

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 16866 battles
  • 71
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    05-23-2014

I personally hate arty, but I see your point. Crew training is really difficult in arty because of the generally low experience. I'd rather see a set of arty personal missions that reward you with mid tier arty for each nation with arty. Giving any idiot with a credit card tier 8 arty is a bad idea. As for new lines of artillery.

 

 



Son__Of__Anarchy #8 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 21:24

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 22710 battles
  • 1,236
  • Member since:
    05-10-2016

View Postecho9835, on Jan 05 2019 - 21:21, said:

I personally hate arty, but I see your point. Crew training is really difficult in arty because of the generally low experience. I'd rather see a set of arty personal missions that reward you with mid tier arty for each nation with arty. Giving any idiot with a credit card tier 8 arty is a bad idea. As for new lines of artillery.

 

 

 

arty earns multiply times the experience a normal tank earning for the same or much less dmg..

 

arty crews have NO SKILLS so training crew its just a non existing thing for them..



WhineMaker #9 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 21:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 35473 battles
  • 4,472
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Jan 05 2019 - 12:14, said:

Yeah... so, your question is really:

 

Make the artymobile problem worse or leave it alone ?

 

No option to make the artymobile problem better... like removal, etc.

 

 

 

There is an arty free option readily available for you... :arta:

 

Can you say "WoT Blitz"?

 

Sure you can... 

 

Go give it a try... :great:

 

 

 

 

 

As to OP's topic...

 

YES and YES!!!

 

My body and credit card are all sweaty in anticipation... :coin:



echo9835 #10 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 21:39

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 16866 battles
  • 71
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    05-23-2014

View PostSon__Of__Anarchy, on Jan 05 2019 - 13:24, said:

 

arty earns multiply times the experience a normal tank earning for the same or much less dmg..

 

arty crews have NO SKILLS so training crew its just a non existing thing for them..

 

not really, because arty does not spot for itself, it only earns half of the XP from any damage it deals. Arty doesn't need a lot of crew skills, but mid tier crew trainers that players have to earn wouldn't make it any worse for everyone else. I specifically suggested this because it prevents wallet warriors from getting a hold of high tier arty while satisfying the need for crew trainers for arty.  It's kind of a compromise, clickers can have multi perk crews, for what little its worth, and we don't have to deal with hundreds or thousands of tier 8 arty driven by wallet warriors. 

Son__Of__Anarchy #11 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 21:47

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 22710 battles
  • 1,236
  • Member since:
    05-10-2016

View Postecho9835, on Jan 05 2019 - 21:39, said:

 

not really, because arty does not spot for itself, it only earns half of the XP from any damage it deals. Arty doesn't need a lot of crew skills, but mid tier crew trainers that players have to earn wouldn't make it any worse for everyone else. I specifically suggested this because it prevents wallet warriors from getting a hold of high tier arty while satisfying the need for crew trainers for arty.  It's kind of a compromise, clickers can have multi perk crews, for what little its worth, and we don't have to deal with hundreds or thousands of tier 8 arty driven by wallet warriors. 

 

but its pretty easy to break tracks, and earns assisted dmg by that.. as well by stunning.. and that makes it a lot..

its been many times that i was trying to be top scorer in matter of exp for some mission, and when i was sure i played so well to be top scorer, i saw arties scorring higher exp than me with just 1/4 of the dmg and kills i had..

 

edit: example, i score 4800dmg and 5 kills in my E5 and i expect to be top scorer, but arty with 1600dmg and 2 kills scored higher exp than me in that battle..

        and that happened multiply times and with multiply tanks i was playing..


Edited by Son__Of__Anarchy, Jan 05 2019 - 21:50.


CapPhrases #12 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 21:51

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 7280 battles
  • 3,529
  • Member since:
    03-28-2015
SPG is the only class that has had class wide overhauls multiple times. clearly WG can't balance them into a good sweet spot and if they can't balance what they have adding more isn't going to help that problem

RHeadshot #13 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 21:52

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 2786 battles
  • 254
  • Member since:
    10-12-2018
There should have never been ANY class with tier 8 premiums.  It was clear from the start it was an extremely bad idea that was driven solely by greed and not for the good of the game.  They certainly should not have tier 8 premiums for such an aggravating class.

echo9835 #14 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 21:55

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 16866 battles
  • 71
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    05-23-2014

View PostSon__Of__Anarchy, on Jan 05 2019 - 13:47, said:

 

but its pretty easy to break tracks, and earns assisted dmg by that.. as well by stunning.. and that makes it a lot..

its been many times that i was trying to be top scorer in matter of exp for some mission, and when i was sure i played so well to be top scorer, i saw arties scorring higher exp than me with just 1/4 of the dmg and kills i had..

 

edit: example, i score 4800dmg and 5 kills in my E5 and i expect to be top scorer, but arty with 1600dmg and 2 kills scored higher exp than me in that battle..

 

I think we're on different points here, neither of us can agree on how arty gets XP, but what about the crew trainers? Tier 5 and 6 reward arty wouldn't really effect the MM to much if they had to be earned.

TheManFromKekistan #15 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 21:55

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 28 battles
  • 1,652
  • Member since:
    02-03-2017
Tier 8 prem arty would sell like crack at the crack house on the 1st of the month. I'd buy it. Just make them all 152mm type fast reload low alpha and it won't be any worse than stock tier 8 arty. Hell I play my su-14-2 with the 152mm over the 203mm due to the faster rof and aim time.

Vallanor #16 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 22:00

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 14445 battles
  • 122
  • [AWOO] AWOO
  • Member since:
    05-22-2011
if they do add more arty. i hope its OP

Son__Of__Anarchy #17 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 22:02

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 22710 battles
  • 1,236
  • Member since:
    05-10-2016

View Postecho9835, on Jan 05 2019 - 21:55, said:

 

I think we're on different points here, neither of us can agree on how arty gets XP, but what about the crew trainers? Tier 5 and 6 reward arty wouldn't really effect the MM to much if they had to be earned.

 

in low tiers it wouldnt bother me.. not a bit.. in fact i would never ever see them in a battle since i dont play low and mid tiers..

but again, i rather see them completelly removed from the game..

it wouldnt even bother me to lose all that exp i gave to research 3 tier VII arties and 2 tier IXs top mod..


Edited by Son__Of__Anarchy, Jan 05 2019 - 22:03.


Son__Of__Anarchy #18 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 22:09

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 22710 battles
  • 1,236
  • Member since:
    05-10-2016
in the other hand, i wouldnt mind if they added as many arties as they wish.. as long as they would limit them to one per side..

StoveBolt54 #19 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 22:09

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 25985 battles
  • 949
  • Member since:
    09-17-2013

More Arty.

 

Yes please.



Gothraul #20 Posted Jan 05 2019 - 22:42

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 2162 battles
  • 5,007
  • Member since:
    11-17-2014
Not until WG further reduces the limit as 3 is too many due to focus and cancer players get better games anyway when there is less competition, tier 8 maybe but that can cause some issues and the cost could be high knowing WG. I don't want to end up paying 10,000-12,500 gold per premium sky cancer to be honest and don't want crappy crew layouts like having 3 gunners or two radio operators ect.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users