Bad Match Making, Too Many Blowout Games, Statistical Anomalies, And Quitting WoT

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

Tolos #101 Posted Mar 19 2019 - 23:09

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostDragon6actual, on Mar 19 2019 - 22:03, said:

You're an a$$hole!

He's not wrong about the play better win more comment, however much you might not like it. 

Dragon6actual #102 Posted Mar 19 2019 - 23:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 15229 battles
  • [PRIC] PRIC

View PostTolos, on Mar 19 2019 - 17:09, said:

He's not wrong about the play better win more comment, however much you might not like it. 

Your right but he's still an a$$

VooDooKobra #103 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 01:43

Major

• Players
  • 9813 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostPhilthyOne1, on Jan 13 2019 - 01:49, said:

I see you're pointing out that it's not statistics, it's in my head and that simply isn't true.  I've sat here with pen and paper counting out the number of blow-out wins and losses with a variety of my tanks (I'm about 50% on most of them and have a high number of games in them, so I'm using good averages).  At a 50% win rate in a tank with 800 games, you'd expect to win about 50% of your games.  This is about a coin toss.  Each toss independent of the previous and all that, I get it, I understand statistics and statistical modeling.  Looking at from the perspective of 50/50 chance, I see long strings of wins and losses and it has happened a lot more than it should happen if games were truly random.  Yes, you will have strings of wins and losses, that's not improbable.  But to have multiple, consecutive strings of wins and losses, that becomes improbable and suspect for rigging.  And I'm only counting strings of BLOWOUT wins and losses, not just every win/loss.

If you flip a coin, you expect to see this:  H, T, H, H, T, T, H, T, T, T, H, T, H, H, T, T, T, H, H  right?

When you flip a coin and you see this:  H, H, H, H, H, T, T, T, T, T, H, T, T, T, T, H, T, H, T, H, H, H, H, H, T, T, T, T, T, T, H, T, H, H, T, T, T, H, H, H, H, H, H, T (that's my tracking btw) - you start to suspect something is seriously wrong with your coin.

The H/T do average out, but the string of H's and T's in a row -- that's very suspect.  1/32, 1/32, 1/2, 1/16, 1/2, 1/2, 1/2, 1/16, 1/64, 1/2, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/64, 1/2   So for 15 "strings" we see 1/64 come up three times, and 1/32 come up twice (which is a 1/1,024 chance)?  And again, I only started tracking this AFTER I felt like it didn't seem probable.  Yes, it can happen, I get that, but not likely and combined with errant or accurate shooting, I suspect RNG is being played with.  Can I prove it?  Probably if I really wanted to do a lot of sampling, but my gut tells me something is seriously broken in the game and the developers are messing with RNG to fix it or make sure you don't sit in the queue too long waiting for a game to start, or maybe they have done their own analysis and come to the conclusion that they get players to stay with the game longer and spend $'s if they give them strings of wins and losses.  Who knows, but if I owned a company like this and the goal was to make $'s, then I'd be running all the analytics I could to figure out the best formula to keep players playing and spending $'s and if I had to mess with RNG to do it, I'd do it.  Maybe they are testing a theory right now and causing this?  Certainly they can do that, it's their game, and it's not illegal for them to mess with RNG as they do not owe payers (not players, payers is the correct term) any fair play.  So my guess is they are experimenting with RNG to see how it impacts money flow.

Any game where there are more than 8 players on one team alive at game end is a blowout game per my definition.  To have six games won/loss in a row and all of them being blowout games, that's fishy.  Flipping heads six times in a row is 1/64 chance.  Now to have a string like that repeat after a break of 5-6 games three times?  I don't know the odds of that but it's pretty frigging high.  That's when I decided something was wrong.  At first it was a perception, then I started tracking it, then I concluded there's a problem and I offered a reason I suspected it was happening due to RNG tampering.  Yes, you get frustrated and emotional, but I'm in my 50's and I am able to disconnect that from that and deal with the facts.  I did not track errant shots, but I certainly started becoming aware of a perception of more/less accuracy or more/less penning during blowout wins and losses.  I actually started predicting mentally after my first 2-3 shots, based on accuracy that this would be another blowout win/loss.

Single coin flipping is not accurate though when it comes to streaks, use 30 coulds and make 15 of then different somehow.  put them in a cup and count the number of heads each side gets after 100 times.  are you saying there is no chance of a series of one side getting more heads than the other?  

View PostAJABOOBOO, on Jan 22 2019 - 15:28, said:

To say WG rigs WoT MM would be an understatement and has been proven by multiple players gathering data from thousands of games over time. Not one has had results anywhere near the stated MM rates nor did they average together as close. The MM is rigged 100% for sure and has been proven so enough of the fan bois, community moderator sock puppet accounts trolling which is a thing and from a leaked WG document on being a com mod on forums and anyone else who tries to defend MM with nothing but empty "well WG stated its" or the trollish "git gud" nonsense used by wallet warriors

WG has admitted this before in a manner of speaking. A while ago they stated an i am paraphrasing: We have designed the MM to encourage quick match turnovers to reduce wait times in battle ques

their words not mine and i will let you all figure that out for yourselves.

with the law in Europe passed known as the GDPR or General Data Protection Regulation and more and more people releasing what other companies with mirror business models to that of WG have found is:

Companies such as WG keep data not only on every purchase but your play habits, styles, likes and dislikes along with classifying people as "freebies" to "spenders". The only reason to keep data and classify a person as a spender is because they are getting special treatment and focus. That is just basic logic and data manipulation techniques used by the entire greedy industry.

The rigging goes farther than just simple MM because after all, you can stack one team full of the op tanks but it doesnt mean they will play with any brains.

The second extent of the rigging is in game, live rigging of shell pen rates, trajectories, damage roles, detection values and even tank speeds in some cases. ever notice when an odd bounce off an enemy occurs that should have 100% penned the server seems to hiccup?

or when aiming then shooting at a stationary enemy whos broadise if facing you begins to move forward or backward the shell will fire out of the barrel diagonally following the tank movement?

that second part is important because it happens a lot in this game.

How about ghost shells?

Those are constant in this game and even when viewing recording where the "server side" is what is being shown, you can see 3 to 4 per game easily. Ghost shells for those who dont know are shells that fly straight threw the enemy tank not registering as a hit or bounce striking the ground or obstacle behind them.

Now some will say no way its BS there is no way to live time rig nor would there be any reason to.

To that i say there is and there is.

The way is simple. Using predictive and preset limits usinge algorithms during each shot. Also these programs are patented by WG. The RNG as its called is designed as a smoke screen if you will. A cover for the real work in game of live time rigging.

The second is it makes more money. designating players as payers or freebies not only allows for the better manipulation and control of the predictive coding it also allows WG to attempt to aggressively market to payers while giving them better in game results most of the time while punishing free players accordingly. The drive is to make people feel under powered or jealous of a payers vehicle or performance so they open up their wallets.

The proof?

Its in the numbers. WoT has lost 40% of its player base in the past few years as shown by Quickbaby on youtube. Multiple people from laymen to those in the f2p industry have stated that this game is clearly rigged. WG own admittance of this game being rigged via press statements about MM patches, The encourage fast match turnover part is just one example. The extreme pay to win and aggressively and stupidly catering to a smaller and smaller, spender player base which is nothing but a death spiral. E-Sports even stated that the reason WoT is not allowed entry is because of blatant and game outcome altering P2W and rigging in both MM and In game

to the "its all just random" honest crowd.

Check those peoples accounts

they are either premium tanks or time or both buyers otherwise classified as spenders or payers internally in WG. They dont see the rigging because they are usually directly benefiting from it. I have roughly 23years of online gaming experience in multiple games and game types. I have never come across a game that is so blatantly and constantly being manipulated by the owner company such as WG with WoT.

Seriously, next time the bs bounce occurs or the next ghost shell happens keep track of the server lag and hiccups. Its not a coincidence its manipulation.

so like usual with your posts feels = proof and facts are just something that gets in the way of a good story? you have zero proof, none of what you said is actual proof.  its theories but not proof.  Rigging has never actually been proven using facts and calling those who do not agree with you fan bois or any other name only makes your argument that much more worthless

oh and can you actually link any quote from anyone in the f2p indistry that states that the game is rigged?  or that WG admitted it?

Edited by VooDooKobra, Mar 20 2019 - 01:53.

NeatoMan #104 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 04:31

Major

• Players
  • 28089 battles

View PostVooDooKobra, on Mar 19 2019 - 19:43, said:

Single coin flipping is not accurate though when it comes to streaks, use 30 coulds and make 15 of then different somehow.  put them in a cup and count the number of heads each side gets after 100 times.  are you saying there is no chance of a series of one side getting more heads than the other? 

A single coin flip will give the same kind of results as doing what you said.  You are just adding more work to accomplish the same outcome (i.e. a binary "is it more heads than the other? yes or no").   That "yes/no" result can be represented by a single coin flip.

VooDooKobra #105 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 05:10

Major

• Players
  • 9813 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostNeatoMan, on Mar 19 2019 - 20:31, said:

A single coin flip will give the same kind of results as doing what you said.  You are just adding more work to accomplish the same outcome (i.e. a binary "is it more heads than the other? yes or no").   That "yes/no" result can be represented by a single coin flip.

while I agree with that I feel my method does something easier than a single coin.    i have found it possible to have longer streaks than I would have otherwise but the theory like you say is the same

Edited by VooDooKobra, Mar 20 2019 - 05:12.

Pipinghot #106 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 06:17

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostDragon6actual, on Mar 19 2019 - 17:03, said:

View PostPipinghot, on Mar 19 2019 - 13:14, said:

What's flawed is your understanding of the game and the logic behind it. You want WG to treat you like a charity case and give you wins that you haven't earned, because winning is hard.

Play better, win more often, it's just that simple.

You're an a$$hole!

And you're a childish bonehead who likes to vomit your tantrums onto the forums. Bad news, that's not going to help you win more often.

There are plenty of other games that will coddle you, treat you like a charity case and give you hugz. If you don't want to face the consequences of being bad then go play a kiddie game that's designed to soothe your fragile ego.

Dragon6actual #107 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 06:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 15229 battles
  • [PRIC] PRIC

View PostPipinghot, on Mar 20 2019 - 00:17, said:

And you're a childish bonehead who likes to vomit your tantrums onto the forums. Bad news, that's not going to help you win more often.

There are plenty of other games that will coddle you, treat you like a charity case and give you hugz. If you don't want to face the consequences of being bad then go play a kiddie game that's designed to soothe your fragile ego.

You prove my point!  LOL!

Pipinghot #108 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 16:20

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostDragon6actual, on Mar 20 2019 - 00:50, said:

You prove my point!  LOL!

Oh so close... it almost achieved sentience. Maybe next time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users