top exp

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Anublister #1 Posted Jan 06 2019 - 22:15

Captain

• Players
  • 68702 battles
  • [--T--] --T--
Hey WG how about sending that exp bonus for top losers to Random battles? Top exp earner on losing team gets same exp bonus as winning team. This would motivate those exceptional players who have to deal with ultra crappy teams to keep playing instead of quitting for the day in disgust. It would also motivate a losing team member to keep participating in the battle instead of just disconnecting or sitting and waiting to die.

shinglefoot #2 Posted Jan 06 2019 - 22:18

Major

• Players
  • 25015 battles
     One of the better suggestions I've read here! Plus 1:great:

Beastquake545465 #3 Posted Jan 06 2019 - 22:26

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3068 battles
I think this might cause issues since only one player gets it, because of how toxic this community can be. I think 75% of winning team bonus for top 3 players on losing team if they played above average.

GWyatt #4 Posted Jan 06 2019 - 22:29

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3909 battles
  • [VAN] VAN

I thought that is what that insurance thing you can buy did for you, give you more on the losing team.

PapioTitan #5 Posted Jan 06 2019 - 23:17

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 45259 battles
Isn't there a bonus called "valiant resistance" or something similar?

the_dude_76 #6 Posted Jan 06 2019 - 23:19

Major

• Players
  • 33821 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostAnublister, on Jan 06 2019 - 15:15, said:

Hey WG how about sending that exp bonus for top losers to Random battles? Top exp earner on losing team gets same exp bonus as winning team. This would motivate those exceptional players who have to deal with ultra crappy teams to keep playing instead of quitting for the day in disgust. It would also motivate a losing team member to keep participating in the battle instead of just disconnecting or sitting and waiting to die.

We've been through this with ranked battles. All it does is encourage camping and gold spam.  No one takes a risk because that ensures you won't be on top if the team loses.

nuclearguy931 #7 Posted Jan 06 2019 - 23:21

Major

• Players
  • 81324 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

View PostAnublister, on Jan 06 2019 - 15:15, said:

I thought they already had something along those lines, that if you were on the losing side and won an epic game medal or award you were credited as if you were on the winning side.

From the Battle Mechanics 

http://wiki.wargamin...attle_Mechanics

Courageous Resistance
(Battle Hero, Epic or Platoon achievements on a loss)
When your team is defeated but you get one of the Battle Hero, Epic or Platoon achievements, you will receive the same experience bonus as the victorious team. Coefficient of 1.5.
When your team is defeated but you get one of the Battle Hero, Epic or Platoon achievements, you will receive the same credit bonus as the victorious team. The "Joining a battle" reward is multiplied by 1.85.

_1204_ #8 Posted Jan 06 2019 - 23:45

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 924 battles
Valiant effort from blitz. Get an award (top gun, high caliber, etc) and it counts as a win. Only issue is when it was brought to blitz WG F'd it up. For about 2 months you could basically only get mastery badges on losses

DerJager #9 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 04:04

Major

• Players
  • 5869 battles
  • [GGNKR] GGNKR

I think there needs to be an expansion of the medals though.

For example, if I'm up against 5 on 1 at the end of the battle, I think killing three of them is medal worthy.

Anublister #10 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 17:25

Captain

• Players
  • 68702 battles
  • [--T--] --T--

View Postthe_dude_76, on Jan 06 2019 - 22:19, said:

We've been through this with ranked battles. All it does is encourage camping and gold spam.  No one takes a risk because that ensures you won't be on top if the team loses.

No. lt tanks should take risks and get rewarded with half exp for spotting damage (but WG broke top tier lt tanks). TD's should camp, because that's what they're good at and designed for (mostly). The current meta is med tanks (thanks russian bias), but you should know that. Hvys are just meat shields. As far as encouraging camping and gold spam, that's just what WG has driven us to do. I'm not concerned about camping and gold spam. Camp all you want, you usually have 15 min to win. If more players used that time wisely they'd do better. Gold spam is part of the game, it's always been around and was designed to get people to pay into the game. 

My comment was conceived to encourage more play time. Reread it, it's quite simple and concise. Why you seem to want to put a spin on it and poo-poo my idea is perplexing to me. Instead of shooting me down, why don't you suggest a good way to keep frustrated players playing? Or do you think eliminating premium ammo and placing some kind of hot seat on campers is going to make it better? Dream on.

Also tagged with top exp

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users