Fair and equal game rule inforcement: Transparency !

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Tazz69 #1 Posted Jan 06 2019 - 22:26

Private

• Players
  • 32551 battles
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU
I received a 24 hour ban yesterday. To my recolation, I have never had a warning, never had a 1 hour ban prior. In my appeal to WG, they said THEY chose to skip a warning, and skipped  the one hour ban and skipped right to a 24 hour ban. I have asked them for a record of my transcretions to prove that I deserved a 24 hour ban instead of the 1 hour one. Yes, I team killed but not without provacation.  He attempted to push me out into enemy fire and when that did not work, he shot me in the back. After having enough of his antics, I returned fire, killing him. So, why didnt WG follow its own rules ?? Clearly this moron wanted the spot I was in and when pushing and nudging me didnt work, he shoots me. Both are in violation of wargamings rules . Why wasnt he punnished as well ??  Dont need to know name, just that after a review that the other party involved was punnished as well. Without transparency there is NO way that WG can claim Fair and Consistant application with their punnishments.

HI_FIVE #2 Posted Jan 06 2019 - 22:29

Major

• Players
  • 44746 battles
  • [V--S] V--S
F

Beastquake545465 #3 Posted Jan 06 2019 - 22:32

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3068 battles
Have you tried putting in another ticket asking why they skipped to the 24 hour ban? Sorry if you said that already, but we can't really do much but tell you to try submitting another ticket.

GeorgePreddy #4 Posted Jan 06 2019 - 22:38

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

recollection

transgressions

provocation

punished

consistent

punishments

BillDing1 #5 Posted Jan 06 2019 - 22:57

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7627 battles
there's no automatic system for physics abuse you need 2 send a ticket. TKing people trying to push you just gets you where you are now (banned). If someone is trying to push you out in the open move away from them and if they keep trying to do it just throw it in a support ticket, giving the griefer what he wants doesn't help stop him and just gets you punished.

Baron_Von_Cheeto #6 Posted Jan 06 2019 - 23:01

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 58975 battles
Did u use colorful language in chat. To me it sounds like you did not get banned for shooting teammates. Or you would have received a 1 hour ban. To me it looks like u used colorful language. 

Dirizon #7 Posted Jan 06 2019 - 23:04

Major

• Players
  • 27926 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Jan 06 2019 - 17:08, said:

recollection

transgressions

provocation

punished

consistent

punishments

who are you to judge him.

What if he is not a native english speaker?

GeorgePreddy #8 Posted Jan 06 2019 - 23:08

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostDirizon, on Jan 06 2019 - 19:04, said:

No judging from me, just trying to help someone learn spelling, whether English speaker or English as second language speaker.

My wife was an English Second Language teacher before she retired.

She told me I should always help people spell English correctly.

BigDollarBillz #9 Posted Jan 07 2019 - 00:24

Major

• Players
  • 38764 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
The main thing is never shoot a green tank. Let them push you out then send in a replay with a ticket.

dunniteowl #10 Posted Jan 07 2019 - 01:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 30320 battles

View PostDirizon, on Jan 06 2019 - 16:04, said:

A non-native English speaker would not have even tried to use those words.  Also, the pattern and cadence or 'fist' of the writing indicates to me a Native English speaker who cannot spell.  Just saying.  The idea of an automatic Spell Checker that highlights misspelled words would be a great idea to institute into a text-based forum -- oh, right.  That's been in place for about 10 years now.  Note the capital E for English.

OvO

VooDooKobra #11 Posted Jan 07 2019 - 02:51

Major

• Players
  • 9819 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostTazz69, on Jan 06 2019 - 14:26, said:

I received a 24 hour ban yesterday. To my recolation, I have never had a warning, never had a 1 hour ban prior. In my appeal to WG, they said THEY chose to skip a warning, and skipped  the one hour ban and skipped right to a 24 hour ban. I have asked them for a record of my transcretions to prove that I deserved a 24 hour ban instead of the 1 hour one. Yes, I team killed but not without provacation.  He attempted to push me out into enemy fire and when that did not work, he shot me in the back. After having enough of his antics, I returned fire, killing him. So, why didnt WG follow its own rules ?? Clearly this moron wanted the spot I was in and when pushing and nudging me didnt work, he shoots me. Both are in violation of wargamings rules . Why wasnt he punnished as well ??  Dont need to know name, just that after a review that the other party involved was punnished as well. Without transparency there is NO way that WG can claim Fair and Consistant application with their punnishments.

there is no such thing justifiable teamkilling (ok there is if the guy turns blue) but he got you to play his game and got you banned.  If you didnt return fire worst thing would be you getting some credits from him for repairs and you go on to the next game

Did you send in a ticket reporting his physics abuse? 

Winterpeger #12 Posted Jan 07 2019 - 02:56

Major

• Players
  • 51570 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

There is more going on then OP is telling us.  The 24 hour ban was handed out by wg support and not by the automatic team damage system, so someone sent in a ticket with a replay.

OP did not indicate if he submitted a ticket with a replay.. it reads as though WG Support sent him a email saying that he was banned for 24 hours.

Edited by Winterpeger, Jan 07 2019 - 02:58.

dunniteowl #13 Posted Jan 07 2019 - 18:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 30320 battles

View PostWinterpeger, on Jan 06 2019 - 19:56, said:

There is more going on then OP is telling us.  The 24 hour ban was handed out by wg support and not by the automatic team damage system, so someone sent in a ticket with a replay.

OP did not indicate if he submitted a ticket with a replay.. it reads as though WG Support sent him a email saying that he was banned for 24 hours.

This is what I noticed also.  Sounds like more is going on than meets the eye of the OPs text and complaint.  It could be that there were more reports by other players specific to this event or this player in such a short time that they opted for a more strict penalty in an attempt to 'demonstrate' their seriousness, from what I can tell.

OP, do not shoot the green tanks.  I know it's hard not to.  There are times when I really, REALLY would like to just shoot some person on my team.  You still have to check fire and find a better method to deal with such things.  Like making sure you have replays on, take a screen shot if needs be and then submit a ticket to WG through Customer Support.

The last three guys I reported were offline within 10m of getting a response from WG and I am not seeing this as merely 'coincidental' activity.  I'm thinking they were sanctioned rather quickly DUE to the fact that I had clear replay and screenshot data to back up my claim.

OvO

Nunya_000 #14 Posted Jan 07 2019 - 21:00

Major

• Players
  • 21138 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostWinterpeger, on Jan 06 2019 - 17:56, said:

I agree.....there is probably more to this story.  I find it really hard to believe that WG would say "we are just going to skip the 1 hour ban and go straight to a 24 hour ban" unless there was something more nefarious going on.

maxman1 #15 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 06:52

Major

• Players
  • 4640 battles

View PostTazz69, on Jan 06 2019 - 16:26, said:

Yes, I team killed but not without provacation.  He attempted to push me out into enemy fire and when that did not work, he shot me in the back.

Don't teamkill. Unless another player turns blue, there is no justification.

If someone pushes you out of position, submit a replay for physics abuse. 

WeSayNotToday #16 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 07:01

Captain

• -Players-
  • 23121 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Jan 06 2019 - 22:38, said:

recollection

transgressions

provocation

punished

consistent

punishments

OMG, I was going to do this, but with 1 or 2 more....

I may be worse than GP....

:P

Edited by WeSayNotToday, Jan 08 2019 - 07:02.

maxman1 #17 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 07:01

Major

• Players
  • 4640 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Jan 06 2019 - 17:08, said:

No judging from me, just trying to help someone learn spelling, whether English speaker or English as second language speaker.

My wife was an English Second Language teacher before she retired.

She told me I should always help people spell English correctly

So, any particular reason you added two random giant images to your post?

VooDooKobra #18 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 07:32

Major

• Players
  • 9819 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostNunya_000, on Jan 07 2019 - 13:00, said:

I agree.....there is probably more to this story.  I find it really hard to believe that WG would say "we are just going to skip the 1 hour ban and go straight to a 24 hour ban" unless there was something more nefarious going on.

you were just looking for a reason to use the word nefarious, werent you.  oh and +1 for using the word nefarious 

View PostWeSayNotToday, on Jan 07 2019 - 23:01, said:

OMG, I was going to do this, but with 1 or 2 more....

I may be worse than GP....

:P

stay calm man, there is still hope.  you can be saved but it will take a dedicated team of professionals or a drunk incoherent group of witch doctors i just happen to have on speed dial.

the first step is admitting you may have a problem 

Dirizon #19 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 12:32

Major

• Players
  • 27926 battles

View Postdunniteowl, on Jan 06 2019 - 19:56, said:

A non-native English speaker would not have even tried to use those words.  Also, the pattern and cadence or 'fist' of the writing indicates to me a Native English speaker who cannot spell.  Just saying.  The idea of an automatic Spell Checker that highlights misspelled words would be a great idea to institute into a text-based forum -- oh, right.  That's been in place for about 10 years now.  Note the capital E for English.

Non native learners, very commonly learn languages especially English lexical and grammatically, as buying a book is easier than classes. But very easily mixup or wrongly type what they are trying to mean, and we can easily see it, unbeknown by themselves. The effective way of learning a language, through enunciation and conversation, on the otherhand leaves you short in vocabulary. There are downsides to both. But someone non native, can still more or less know a great deal of words, but perhaps still mispels them. 

View Postmaxman1, on Jan 08 2019 - 01:31, said:

So, any particular reason you added two random giant images to your post?

Yes, there is a reason.  The individual, just forgot to post this too. Something about January the 4th, and that every dog has its day. Even if means losing 4 times before, too tired to find the last one though. Whatever.

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users