Jump to content


Three Arty


  • Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Poll: Number of Atry on a Team (136 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battle in order to participate this poll.

One arty per team

  1. Yes (91 votes [66.91%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 66.91%

  2. No (45 votes [33.09%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 33.09%

Two arty per team

  1. Yes (50 votes [36.76%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 36.76%

  2. No (86 votes [63.24%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 63.24%

Vote Hide poll

ProfessionalFinn #41 Posted Jan 07 2019 - 21:42

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 26095 battles
  • 2,180
  • Member since:
    02-23-2016

View Postthorus08, on Jan 07 2019 - 12:24, said:

 

But I didn't.  The point just seems to be going over your head.

 

It's like posting a picture of the movie poster on the forum and saying "look it's boring".  The poster of the movie doesn't show that the movie was boring, bad, or good.  

 

Posting a screenshot of a battle seconds after countdown does exactly NOTHING to show how the battle played out(without even mentioning the word boring).  That's the point.  

 

You also missed the point above that if the screenshot does accomplish exactly nothing to see how the battle played out, that posting it, to begin with, is ineffective in comparison to simply stating your opinion in words.  

 

Edited to add:

 

Really?  Be a big boy?  Insults now? lol.

If that's how you would like me to treat you I'd be happy to change my approach with you.

 

Let's putting the cookies down on the lowest shelf.  The battle in question was boring.  My opinion.  It served as another proof point TO ME that an armor mix heavy on heavy tanks and TDs and light on SPGs and Light Tanks often results in boring battles.
 

Here is another example!



Kliphie #42 Posted Jan 07 2019 - 21:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 32838 battles
  • 5,395
  • [GFLC] GFLC
  • Member since:
    07-20-2012
Screenshots of countdowns as evidence for game quality are boring

thorus08 #43 Posted Jan 07 2019 - 22:27

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 29034 battles
  • 362
  • [200IQ] 200IQ
  • Member since:
    12-28-2010

View PostProfessionalFinn, on Jan 07 2019 - 15:42, said:

 

Let's putting the cookies down on the lowest shelf.  The battle in question was boring.  My opinion.  It served as another proof point TO ME that an armor mix heavy on heavy tanks and TDs and light on SPGs and Light Tanks often results in boring battles.
 

 

I mean, I know you're just trolling at this point...but I'll bite one last time.

 

Originally you stated with your screenshot:

Block Quote

 Yup, just played another one of these boring battles (see screenshot).  Just a camp-fest, call it glorified Blitz.  Need more arty, not less.

 You could have simply stated, "This battle ended up being really boring to me".

 

Yet you chose to call it a "camp-fest" without showing that it actually was a camp-fest.  If you can't understand why someone might be confused or critical about the words you used to describe a screenshot of a match just after the countdown, then we don't need to worry about what shelf the cookies are on, we aren't even in the same room that the cookies exist in.  

 

I'm sure the norms will give their counter-arguments as to why SPG-less games are more fun in their opinion, but that's not what I've been doing; the sooner you realize that the sooner we might actually be able to share those cookies.

 



ProfessionalFinn #44 Posted Jan 07 2019 - 22:49

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 26095 battles
  • 2,180
  • Member since:
    02-23-2016

View PostKliphie, on Jan 07 2019 - 12:56, said:

Screenshots of countdowns as evidence for game quality are boring

Boring and provided with purpose.  I noted in this forum that the mix in higher tier battles was evolving into battles without or few SPGs and light tanks and few mediums.  Of course skeptics demanded proof and I started to capture and post screen shots. Hard proof, not an opinion.  Then I began to observe and post  that these battles were often boring, an opinion.  Now skeptics demand proof of this opinon of mine.  Laughable isn't it.



Heart_of_Steel #45 Posted Jan 07 2019 - 23:16

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15380 battles
  • 108
  • [INVA] INVA
  • Member since:
    09-23-2013
I find this secret pro artillery post appalling the fact that there is no option for 0 artillery just sums the the conniving underhanded tactics artillery players are used to employing I for one am against artillery at all times.

samael75 #46 Posted Jan 07 2019 - 23:25

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 21110 battles
  • 367
  • Member since:
    07-11-2013

View Postthorus08, on Jan 07 2019 - 20:24, said:

 

But I didn't.  The point just seems to be going over your head.

 

It's like posting a picture of the movie poster on the forum and saying "look it's boring".  The poster of the movie doesn't show that the movie was boring, bad, or good.  

 

Posting a screenshot of a battle seconds after countdown does exactly NOTHING to show how the battle played out(without even mentioning the word boring).  That's the point.  

 

You also missed the point above that if the screenshot does accomplish exactly nothing to see how the battle played out, that posting it, to begin with, is ineffective in comparison to simply stating your opinion in words.  

 

Edited to add:

 

Really?  Be a big boy?  Insults now? lol.

If that's how you would like me to treat you I'd be happy to change my approach with you.

 

Thorus,you being trolled. Just get on his level,post a countdown pic with arty and type "this game was boring". Or post a pic a game without arty and ad "this game was amazing". You wont win with professional troll otherwise.

ProfessionalFinn #47 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 05:04

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 26095 battles
  • 2,180
  • Member since:
    02-23-2016

So what does trolling mean?  Really, define it.  

Just played this battle, minutes ago, another BORING battle, the problem at top tiers is not just a lack of SPGs....it is a lack of light and medium tanks.  SEE  IMAGE BELOW

You might like the no flanking, no strategy, I shoot you - you shoot me -  slug fests.  I do not.  IMO - these battles are BORING.  

Need more SPGs...not less.



nuclearguy931 #48 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 05:13

    Major

  • Players
  • 82051 battles
  • 10,926
  • [UMM] UMM
  • Member since:
    08-16-2011

View Postnuclearguy931, on Jan 06 2019 - 20:15, said:

 

3 arty a side doesn't happen 75% of the time.

 

This poll loses all credibility with the first sentence of your post.

 

Remove the cap altogether and let the players decide how many get on each team.

 

View PostDouble_O7, on Jan 06 2019 - 20:18, said:

Sources please 

 

Ask the OP who claimed it did.

Daemonwolfe9999 #49 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 07:45

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 22331 battles
  • 109
  • Member since:
    09-17-2016

Lol!!!!!!!. oh good lord I wish I could put in a laugh track on this.   There used to be as many as 5 arty on teams when I started playing. That was pre-stun where you could get 1 shot in anything but a heavy, and sometimes even heavies if you got caught on fire.  I've had people say there were more than 5 to a side at times and you want to whine about the way arty is now. Bugger off.



Moridin_707 #50 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 08:02

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 19975 battles
  • 405
  • Member since:
    04-26-2015
MAGA

Make Arty Great Again!!!

thorus08 #51 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 14:00

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 29034 battles
  • 362
  • [200IQ] 200IQ
  • Member since:
    12-28-2010

View PostProfessionalFinn, on Jan 07 2019 - 23:04, said:

So what does trolling mean?  Really, define it.  

 

I hope you're being purposefully dense now, otherwise, something is laughable, hysterically so.

 

 

Dinner was Chipotle, by the way, and it was just "ok".

 

You are so worried about whether or not you can reach your cookies from the floor for snack time that you missed the open chair at the table where a 2-way conversation could happen.  I'm not asking for proof of anything to validate your opinion; your opinion is just that, yours.  I'm asking for information about these battle(s) beyond the countdown so that I can relate to your opinion.  That doesn't mean I'm going to change my opinion, but I might see where you are coming from for those particular battles and understand why you think what you do.  It's information for me.  Not proof for you.  Being able to try and relate to someone in a dialogue is how communication works.  At the end of that dialogue, we might better understand each other, we might agree that the other's opinion is valid, or we may come to no conclusion if we come to an impasse or someone's egotistical nature seems to be getting in the way.  The more you post, the more I feel the latter is the most probable outcome.  You're so caught up in the idea that someone might not agree with your opinion that you're simply ignoring the fact that I (I don't want to say "others" since you might regard me as not being a "big boy"  ) could actually just be trying to relate to you.

 

In keeping the romantic comedy theme, if you're just going to pull a Vince Vaughn from "Couple's Retreat" and repeat "I know my truth" over and over, then trying to have a dialogue as happens in a 2-way conversation is pointless.  I don't care how these conversations have gone historically for you with other players.  I was trying to have the conversation with you, but I'm not sure I really care to have any conversation with you based on your understanding(or lack thereof) of "big boy" conversations.  Are you someone that's going to stand on a soapbox and preach or are you someone that's going to actually converse as "big boys" do?  

 

I respect your opinion that "Game's without SPG's are boring", however, in your screenshots I can only relate to "Game's without SPG's".  So hey, at least you have the first part of a relatable conversation piece going for you.

 


Edited by thorus08, Jan 08 2019 - 14:13.


Fly_Guy8791 #52 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 19:06

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 18752 battles
  • 570
  • Member since:
    06-16-2015

View PostProfessionalFinn, on Jan 06 2019 - 20:16, said:

 

Yup, just played another one of these boring battles (see screenshot).  Just a camp-fest, call it glorified Blitz.  Need more arty, not less.

 

 

That is 15 seconds into the game. How would a class that take 30+ seconds to load a round affect the game that much?

 

*edit* It seems like all of your screen shots are early in game where it has just started. Show screen shot where nobody has done anything and the timer is almost up. Prove that nobody was fighting and just sitting there not pushing.

The thing is while you might enjoy games with arty I'll bet there are lots of people in those games that had lots of fun due to the lack of arty.

 

It's fine that you prefer games with arty, but a screen shot at the start of the battle doesn't say anything there is zero context to the situation.


Edited by Fly_Guy8791, Jan 08 2019 - 19:22.


3nr0n #53 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 19:23

    Captain

  • Players
  • 23014 battles
  • 1,294
  • [1VETS] 1VETS
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012

View PostBillT, on Jan 07 2019 - 12:38, said:

 

Plato couldn't have said that if he'd been Norse. :-) 

 

True, Vahalla is the home for numerous warriors.

ProfessionalFinn #54 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 20:10

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 26095 battles
  • 2,180
  • Member since:
    02-23-2016

View PostFly_Guy8791, on Jan 08 2019 - 10:06, said:

That is 15 seconds into the game. How would a class that take 30+ seconds to load a round affect the game that much?

 

*edit* It seems like all of your screen shots are early in game where it has just started. Show screen shot where nobody has done anything and the timer is almost up. Prove that nobody was fighting and just sitting there not pushing.

The thing is while you might enjoy games with arty I'll bet there are lots of people in those games that had lots of fun due to the lack of arty.

 

It's fine that you prefer games with arty, but a screen shot at the start of the battle doesn't say anything there is zero context to the situation.

Hi Fly, actually, there is a boatload of context:   these screen-shots are proof that, at higher tiers, the armor mix can be (and I content usually is) skewed to include few if any SPGs and few if any light and small numbers of medium tanks. 

Before, when I would point this out, skeptics claimed otherwise.  I am being kind in this characterization.   So the context and the intent in including these many screenshots is get past this point of armor mix and on to the meatier and interesting topic: 

Why SPGs IMO are good for the game. 

 

Face it Fly, there are some lacking in the common sense department, some who are triggered to rage by the topic at hand.  These loons do attack even the most basic and obvious facts, in this example the existence of skewed teams at higher tiers.  And to hold even the opinion that arty is good (or fun or needed) brings forth nuttiness.

 

Not you, not all, but a few.

  

 

 



Fly_Guy8791 #55 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 21:21

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 18752 battles
  • 570
  • Member since:
    06-16-2015

View PostProfessionalFinn, on Jan 08 2019 - 13:10, said:

Hi Fly, actually, there is a boatload of context:   these screen-shots are proof that, at higher tiers, the armor mix can be (and I content usually is) skewed to include few if any SPGs and few if any light and small numbers of medium tanks. 

Before, when I would point this out, skeptics claimed otherwise.  I am being kind in this characterization.   So the context and the intent in including these many screenshots is get past this point of armor mix and on to the meatier and interesting topic: 

Why SPGs IMO are good for the game. 

 

Face it Fly, there are some lacking in the common sense department, some who are triggered to rage by the topic at hand.  These loons do attack even the most basic and obvious facts, in this example the existence of skewed teams at higher tiers.  And to hold even the opinion that arty is good (or fun or needed) brings forth nuttiness.

 

Not you, not all, but a few.

  

 

 

And that could be said for the "pro-arty" side. There are some arguing for arty that ignore factual statements based on game mechanics. Some that make bold statements even when shown video proof of them being wrong. Some that actively troll the forums and game, to the point where they change their username, avatar and create a clan to reflect it.

 

These types are referred to as "zealots" and are best ignored.


Edited by Fly_Guy8791, Jan 08 2019 - 22:41.


ez_money #56 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 21:28

    Captain

  • Players
  • 15818 battles
  • 1,651
  • Member since:
    10-23-2011

View PostWinterpeger, on Jan 06 2019 - 19:10, said:

bias poll for an arty player.. wheres 3 arty per team .. leave as is.

 

also.. it seems you have no issue playing arty since its your most played tank.  should we also limit td's to 3 per team (seems that mostly play arty or td's).

 

I agree that I don't like it when there are three arty per team, and getting pounded by all three as soon as somebody lights you up. Surprisingly though, I have had a lot of battles with no arty, but the downside is what he mentioned^^^. When there are no arty, there are at least six TD's per team, which is pretty much just as bad.

WhineMaker #57 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 22:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 38306 battles
  • 6,281
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011

View PostFly_Guy8791, on Jan 08 2019 - 12:21, said:

And that could be said for the "pro-arty" side. There are some arguing for arty that ignore factual statements based on game mechanics. Some that make bold statements even when shown video proof of them being wrong. Some that actively troll the forums and game, to the point where they change their username and create a clan to reflect it.

 

These types are referred to as "zealots" and are best ignored.

 

The same can be said of the "anti arty whine club" members...

 

There are some arguing against arty, that ignore factual statements based on game mechanics... :ohmy:

 

The anti arty whine club is constantly making claims of facts, when it is obviously their opinions only... 

 

These types are referred to as "zealots" and are best ignored... :great:

 

 

 

But I know, if it doesn't fit the anti arty whine club's narrative, it has to be incorrect... :facepalm:

 

View PostWraytl, on Jan 07 2019 - 05:35, said:

I think arty should play once a day on an all arty game. Let them see for themselves, how useless they are without a team to get them their points.

View PostHeart_of_Steel, on Jan 07 2019 - 14:16, said:

I find this secret pro artillery post appalling the fact that there is no option for 0 artillery just sums the the conniving underhanded tactics artillery players are used to employing I for one am against artillery at all times.

 

Sounds like WoT Blitz is the answer to all your issues with arty...

 

If you didn't know, WoT Blitz is arty free, all the time... :arta:

 

Personally, I think the anti arty whine club should play WoT Blitz all the time... ;)

 

 



Fly_Guy8791 #58 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 22:39

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 18752 battles
  • 570
  • Member since:
    06-16-2015

Pot meet kettle

 



ProfessionalFinn #59 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 23:03

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 26095 battles
  • 2,180
  • Member since:
    02-23-2016

View PostFly_Guy8791, on Jan 08 2019 - 12:21, said:

And that could be said for the "pro-arty" side. There are some arguing for arty that ignore factual statements based on game mechanics. Some that make bold statements even when shown video proof of them being wrong. Some that actively troll the forums and game, to the point where they change their username, avatar and create a clan to reflect it.

 

These types are referred to as "zealots" and are best ignored.

Please define trolling?  How do you Fly determine the intent to troll? Serious question (not trolling.  ;) ) Tanks.



Fly_Guy8791 #60 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 23:14

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 18752 battles
  • 570
  • Member since:
    06-16-2015

View PostProfessionalFinn, on Jan 08 2019 - 16:03, said:

Please define trolling?  How do you Fly determine the intent to troll? Serious question (not trolling.  ;) ) Tanks.

 

Something meant to anger/frustrate/confuse/insult/belittle instead of actually adding to the conversation. Posting something without good-will or with the intention of derailing the topic.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users