Three Arty

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Poll: Number of Atry on a Team (136 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battle in order to participate this poll.

One arty per team

1. Yes (91 votes [66.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.91%

2. No (45 votes [33.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.09%

Two arty per team

1. Yes (50 votes [36.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.76%

2. No (86 votes [63.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.24%

Vote Hide poll

BillT #61 Posted Jan 09 2019 - 00:03

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 27625 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

View PostFly_Guy8791, on Jan 08 2019 - 16:39, said:

Pot meet kettle

Reported for drug abuse references.

:) Just kidding!

Fly_Guy8791 #62 Posted Jan 09 2019 - 00:18

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 18752 battles

View PostBillT, on Jan 08 2019 - 17:03, said:

Reported for drug abuse references.

:) Just kidding!

Kettle needs to get help, but won't admit to having a problem

Edited by Fly_Guy8791, Jan 09 2019 - 00:18.

Double_O7 #63 Posted Jan 09 2019 - 01:56

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6076 battles

View PostWhineMaker, on Jan 08 2019 - 15:01, said:

The same can be said of the "anti arty whine club" members...

There are some arguing against arty, that ignore factual statements based on game mechanics... :ohmy:

The anti arty whine club is constantly making claims of facts, when it is obviously their opinions only... 

pro arty club is no different 

These types are referred to as "zealots" and are best ignored... :great:

like you. I've seen your pathetic clan tag

But I know, if it doesn't fit the anti arty whine club's narrative, it has to be incorrect... :facepalm:

you're exactly the same as what you claim anti artiests to be

Sounds like WoT Blitz is the answer to all your issues with arty...

If you didn't know, WoT Blitz is arty free, all the time... :arta:

Personally, I think the anti arty whine club should play WoT Blitz all the time... ;)

a lot of them already do. 

These kinds of people are zealots and are largely ignored, even by the people on the same side

Edited by Double_O7, Jan 09 2019 - 01:59.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #64 Posted Jan 09 2019 - 03:32

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Postsgt1181, on Jan 07 2019 - 08:01, said:

This three arty about 75% of the time needs to go.  It is actually taking the fun out of the game.  people wonder why tanks don't move is because of it.  There should be no more than one arty on a team.  and people complain about learn a different tank.  Maps that have open ground to cross is almost impossible to get across.  As soon as you get lit three arty pound on you ans some tanks that's all it takes sometimes two.  really needs to be looked at.  I have seen hundreds of complaints in game chat about too many arties.  Of course WOT will not fix it.  It is causing people to play less and quit.  Along those lines either expand Ensk and Mines or make them for tier five and below.  too small off maps for the higher tier tanks.  Lastly minsk map is a joke and so is Paris.  maps need to be redesigned

I don't play arty much outside of doing missions[gotta get my Obj. 279(e)], but I love games with 3 arty per side.

I would agree to dropping it to 2 per side IF and ONLY IF tds are limited to 4 per side.  So sick of battles that have 7-8 tds per side.....especially when at least 3 are deathstar/heshbarn.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #65 Posted Jan 09 2019 - 03:41

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostBillT, on Jan 08 2019 - 01:37, said:

Didn't vote - slanted poll.

Restricting arty below 3 per game will cause long queue times -- we saw that in Frontlines, where only 10% of the tanks could be SPGs and arty players frequently had to sit in queue for over 5 minutes to get a match.  The current limit (3 out of 15) is 20% and arty sometimes gets slightly longer queue times (but usually < 1 minute, and I'll accept 1 minute queues.).  2/15ths is only 13%, so there will probably be queues of 2 minutes or longer; 1/15th is only 7% and will guarantee multi-minute queues.

If I have to endure a extra wait time compared to other classes  to play a class that's always been in the game and in which I've invested heavily, I deserve compensation.  It's frustrating, wastes my time and burns my personal reserves.  What are you offering?

If the arty whiners could use their brains they'd know how to play with arty.  Asking them to understand math and how limits would affect queue times is far beyond their comprehension levels.

Fly_Guy8791 #66 Posted Jan 09 2019 - 03:49

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 18752 battles

^^^^^

:rolleyes:

https://en.wikipedia...wiki/Ad_hominem

But hey when you have lost the argument, and objective facts are against you... Why not?

Edited by Fly_Guy8791, Jan 09 2019 - 23:48.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #67 Posted Jan 09 2019 - 11:58

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Postthorus08, on Jan 08 2019 - 02:59, said:

View PostProfessionalFinn, on Jan 07 2019 - 14:37, said:

Here is example of some of the inane comments on this board. 

I state: "I like to play arty."  My opinion

Response: "No you don't, everyone hates arty."  This is a common response on this forum. 

Another example

I state:  "This is a screen shot demonstrating a mix imbalance that led to a boring battle."  My opinion

Response: "I demand proof that it was indeed boring."  A common response on this forum.

Its OK to hold an opinion.  One man's meat is another man's poison.  No proof necessary.

Hmmm, let's simplify I guess.

Let's say your spouse chooses a movie for you both to attend.  It's a romantic comedy...and let's say you don't like romantic comedies.

It's like being asked about the movie and you responding, "it's a boring movie and I didn't like it", but you hadn't actually seen it yet.

Your preconceived opinion about romantic comedies led you to state what your conclusion was about a specific movie before you saw it.  While watching the movie, you could have enjoyed it, you may not have enjoyed it, or you could have found it boring.  The point is, many people are going to be confused if you say you watched the ads(the countdown in this particular match) before the movie and determined that your preconceived opinion on the movie itself is correct because of the ads.  The ads and movie, for the most part, are mutually exclusive.  The lineup of a match doesn't show how fluid or stagnant a match was.  How fluid or stagnant a match plays out shows exactly how fluid or stagnant that particular match played out, not a screenshot taken seconds after the countdown.  As for fluid or stagnant and being boring or not, that will all be a matter of opinion of course.

It's exactly how most people are going to view you posting a screenshot, seconds after countdown, to be content that somehow portrays that the battle was a boring slugfest.  It doesn't take away from your opinion that you feel all battles without SPG's are boring, but it certainly doesn't help others understand why you think so, because it doesn't actually show that the battle was boring.  It could have been a landslide 3-minute battle for all anyone knows.  It just seems like an exercise of propaganda to "appear" as evidence without actually being claimed to be evidence.  

P.s.  The romantic comedy example is of a personal nature since my wife uses it against me.  She will never find out that I've used it on the WOT forums.

Your comparison works slightly, but not all that well.  A movie of a genre you don't like you could be surprised by and enjoy.  However, when you enjoy the unpredictable(some might say dynamic) gameplay that arty adds to the game, such as explosions near missing you, tanks exploding next to you or the guy you're dueling with blowing up from arty support, matches without arty can be flat out boring. 

Some of us like that excitement and enjoy there being 3 per game.  I'd rather lose a close exciting game any day over a walkover 15-3 borefest game.

So when you see at the start that there's no arty, it may be a close fought game, but it's going to be missing all the excitement that arty brings to the game. 

thorus08 #68 Posted Jan 09 2019 - 13:30

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 29042 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Jan 09 2019 - 05:58, said:

Your comparison works slightly, but not all that well.  A movie of a genre you don't like you could be surprised by and enjoy.  However, when you enjoy the unpredictable(some might say dynamic) gameplay that arty adds to the game, such as explosions near missing you, tanks exploding next to you or the guy you're dueling with blowing up from arty support, matches without arty can be flat out boring. 

Some of us like that excitement and enjoy there being 3 per game.  I'd rather lose a close exciting game any day over a walkover 15-3 borefest game.

So when you see at the start that there's no arty, it may be a close fought game, but it's going to be missing all the excitement that arty brings to the game. 

Thanks for keeping context, I appreciate that.

I think it works better than you're giving it credit for.  It's not meant to be a 1-to-1 direct comparison, it's meant to be a relatable scenario.

It's showing how you may go into a movie with a preconception that you might not like it, but are surprised and end up enjoying it as you've even stated.

In this case

Block Quote

However, when you enjoy the unpredictable(some might say dynamic) gameplay that arty adds to the game, such as explosions near missing you, tanks exploding next to you or the guy you're dueling with blowing up from arty support, matches without arty can be flat out boring. 

Some of us like that excitement and enjoy there being 3 per game. 

This is your preconception.  Your preconception is mutually exclusive of how much you might actually enjoy(future tense) the movie, or battle in this case.  Are you saying you have never been in a match with 2, 1, or no SPG's in a random battle, skirmish, or clan war, and enjoyed it?  Never is a really strong word.  I can say with certainty that I've been in a slow heavy before and during the countdown saw 3 SPG's on the enemy team and thought that the match was not going to be fun.  The actual match doesn't always end up being not fun.  My preconception of how fun the match will be doesn't always match how much fun I actually had playing the match (or watching the movie in this case).  If I want to be entitled and allow myself to only have fun if an exact set of circumstances are met that meet my preconceived notion of what I find enjoyable, then sure, I guess I could be sad and frustrated during the countdown and not give the actual match a chance to surprise me.  Like I said before though in some post far back, how is that any different than someone using XVM and saying "loss" during the countdown?  That person is taking some preconceived information from the countdown and applying to the match that hasn't happened yet.

In the case of why the example was given in the first place, posting screenshots of a battle loadout during the countdown shows that you obtained a match that fits the description of someone's preconception of what they prefer or don't prefer in this case, and that's all.  It wasn't until later in the thread where clarity was given that the screenshot with doodle's of the words "boring" and others wasn't about saying that the particular match screenshotted was boring, but that the particular loadout displayed in the screenshot fits the preconception, and that matches with no SPG's and few LT's are often boring.  That last part was paraphrased, but I believe it was something along those lines.  Saying "matches with these loadouts are not what I prefer because they often lead to boring matches, in my opinion" is very different from saying "this match was boring".

Let me be clear that there isn't anything wrong with the preference or opinion of a certain number of vehicle types in a match, but not always getting that preference of a loadout doesn't show if you had fun or found the match boring, even if the loadout wasn't what you prefer.  Again, it's the difference between saying "the movie was bad" before you see it and "I don't prefer these types of movies so I probably won't like it".  

Ducks4Cup #69 Posted Jan 09 2019 - 15:45

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36746 battles

6 years playing I’ve NEVER seen anyone wish there were more clickers in chat, NEVER

At the same time I’ve never seen anyone wish there were NO tds or scouts.

We get why you want your easy mode (troll) class in the game, real tanks are hard

I'm gravitating toward more scouts and fast tanks just so I can hunt down and thrash clickers

Double_O7 #70 Posted Jan 09 2019 - 18:51

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6076 battles

View PostDucks4Cup, on Jan 09 2019 - 08:45, said:

6 years playing I’ve NEVER seen anyone wish there were more clickers in chat, NEVER

We get why you want your easy mode (troll) class in the game, real tanks are hard

I'm gravitating toward more scouts and fast tanks just so I can hunt down and thrash clickers

Fast mediums get the job done too. I love murdering spgs in my t34 85

Thats_Frosty #71 Posted Jan 09 2019 - 19:07

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20747 battles

If it's a batchat arty, 1 arty per team, if its not batchat, then 2 seems fine. 

THERE SHOULD NEVER BE 3 BATCHAT ARTY ON THE SAME TEAM!!!!!!

WhineMaker #72 Posted Jan 09 2019 - 19:15

Major

• Players
  • 38336 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostDucks4Cup, on Jan 09 2019 - 06:45, said:

Since arty is so simple, as you claim. Is there a reason why you are terrible in SPGs?

The fact your are terrible in an "easy" class, doesn't say much about your ability and skills in a video game... :ohmy:

Also, can you show me where I can play these "real" tanks you claim exist in WoT? My WoT client only has pixel tanks. Maybe I'm missing an update or something else...

In reality, if you want to play your in "real" tanks, you may want to consider a visit to your local Armed Forces recruiter. There they will give you the opportunity to play in "real" tanks... :justwait:

Ducks4Cup #73 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 00:36

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36746 battles

View PostWhineMaker, on Jan 09 2019 - 18:15, said:

Since arty is so simple, as you claim. Is there a reason why you are terrible in SPGs?

The fact your are terrible in an "easy" class, doesn't say much about your ability and skills in a video game... :ohmy:

Also, can you show me where I can play these "real" tanks you claim exist in WoT? My WoT client only has pixel tanks. Maybe I'm missing an update or something else...

In reality, if you want to play your in "real" tanks, you may want to consider a visit to your local Armed Forces recruiter. There they will give you the opportunity to play in "real" tanks... :justwait:

I haven’t clicked in over 5 years so no I can’t tell you. My best guess I was trying to eat lunch and click at the same time. Since you’re easy mode class allows playing one handed. 

Click

take a bite of sandwich, eat a chip, sip of soda

click

take another bite etc. 

i bet bet you post here between clicks

i don’t need to go to a recruiter as I already served in the military.  you’re welcome

Blue_Light #74 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 05:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30708 battles

View PostMoridin_707, on Jan 06 2019 - 20:00, said:

Are we going to limit numbers of other potentially toxic tank types? Number of individual tanks? 

Would love to see E25 limited to one per game.

Got to start somewhere. Might as well begin with artillery

EmperorJuliusCaesar #75 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 09:40

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Postthorus08, on Jan 09 2019 - 19:30, said:

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Jan 09 2019 - 05:58, said:

Thanks for keeping context, I appreciate that.

I think it works better than you're giving it credit for.  It's not meant to be a 1-to-1 direct comparison, it's meant to be a relatable scenario.

It's showing how you may go into a movie with a preconception that you might not like it, but are surprised and end up enjoying it as you've even stated.

In this case

Block Quote

However, when you enjoy the unpredictable(some might say dynamic) gameplay that arty adds to the game, such as explosions near missing you, tanks exploding next to you or the guy you're dueling with blowing up from arty support, matches without arty can be flat out boring. 

This is your preconception.  Your preconception is mutually exclusive of how much you might actually enjoy(future tense) the movie, or battle in this case.  Are you saying you have never been in a match with 2, 1, or no SPG's in a random battle, skirmish, or clan war, and enjoyed it?  Never is a really strong word.  I can say with certainty that I've been in a slow heavy before and during the countdown saw 3 SPG's on the enemy team and thought that the match was not going to be fun.  The actual match doesn't always end up being not fun.  My preconception of how fun the match will be doesn't always match how much fun I actually had playing the match (or watching the movie in this case).  If I want to be entitled and allow myself to only have fun if an exact set of circumstances are met that meet my preconceived notion of what I find enjoyable, then sure, I guess I could be sad and frustrated during the countdown and not give the actual match a chance to surprise me.  Like I said before though in some post far back, how is that any different than someone using XVM and saying "loss" during the countdown?  That person is taking some preconceived information from the countdown and applying to the match that hasn't happened yet.

In the case of why the example was given in the first place, posting screenshots of a battle loadout during the countdown shows that you obtained a match that fits the description of someone's preconception of what they prefer or don't prefer in this case, and that's all.  It wasn't until later in the thread where clarity was given that the screenshot with doodle's of the words "boring" and others wasn't about saying that the particular match screenshotted was boring, but that the particular loadout displayed in the screenshot fits the preconception, and that matches with no SPG's and few LT's are often boring.  That last part was paraphrased, but I believe it was something along those lines.  Saying "matches with these loadouts are not what I prefer because they often lead to boring matches, in my opinion" is very different from saying "this match was boring".

Let me be clear that there isn't anything wrong with the preference or opinion of a certain number of vehicle types in a match, but not always getting that preference of a loadout doesn't show if you had fun or found the match boring, even if the loadout wasn't what you prefer.  Again, it's the difference between saying "the movie was bad" before you see it and "I don't prefer these types of movies so I probably won't like it".  

That's not a preconception, that's FACTUALLY my favorite part of the game.....so when it's missing, the excitement is not there.....i.e. boring(I think that's what he meant as well).  That's why I've made threads about the game NEEDING tier 8 prem arties, so we have more of them around.

Moridin_707 #76 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 10:16

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19978 battles
OP: I do not see an option for "unlimited arty."

Please represent ALL players.

thorus08 #77 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 13:13

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 29042 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Jan 11 2019 - 03:40, said:

That's not a preconception, that's FACTUALLY my favorite part of the game.....so when it's missing, the excitement is not there.....i.e. boring(I think that's what he meant as well).  That's why I've made threads about the game NEEDING tier 8 prem arties, so we have more of them around.

I'm asking legitimately because I think I've seen elements of this in your posting before, but do you not know what the word "preconception" means?  It doesn't mean "bad" or "good".  

Block Quote

This is your opinion, which leads to the idea that games with 3 arty are fun.  That's a preconception.  

Back to the original context though...are you legitimately saying you have never enjoyed a game that has had 2, 1, or 0 SPG's?

Are you saying you have found every game with 2,1, or 0 SPG's boring?

We weren't talking about what your preference in a loadout is.  We're talking about how the matches actually play out, which is difficult to do from a screenshot during the countdown.  You can make guesses on how it's going to play out, but it's only a guess, albeit on some maps with some loadouts that guess can be pretty educated.  I was going to say you were twisting the context to fit an argument, but it occurs to me you might have been focused on what you prefer for a number of SPG's this entire time rather than how the match actually plays out.

sparango #78 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 15:27

Captain

• Players
  • 48277 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
Remove arty. Make wot great again.

Deathstar_Commander #79 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:06

Major

• Players
  • 51786 battles
  • [YODA] YODA
Sometimes when I see 3 enemy arty, i just sit in the corner and talk to my team.

WhineMaker #80 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:11

Major

• Players
  • 38336 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View Postsparango, on Jan 11 2019 - 06:27, said:

Remove arty. Make wot great again.

Go play WoT Blitz and your arty issues will disappear... :arta:

See how simple that is?

Even a caveman can do it... :ohmy:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users